D&D: Atlyah

@Lazeration
Lucy jerks a step or two back as you stand and grab the crossbow. Her Eyes go directly toward the weapon and she flinches at the tone of your voice.
"Sir? Sir what's wrong?" Her entire demeanor has changed into one of alarm. Realizing you intend to go to the kitchen she tries to grab for your arm.
"Sir I can't let you go back there like this. Please, if there's a problem I can go get the Boss."

@Elle Joyner

The story over, the kids all start to get up and be herded in various directions by their parents. One, a half orc girl about 10 years in age in a coat with a hood that covers most of her face, rushes up to give you a hug shortly after the tip is collected and handed to you. Her little arms go around your waist, jostling your tip hat as she grins up at you letting you see her clearly. her lip seems to have been craked recently and there's a slight bruise around one eye.

"That was a fantastic story miss! I hope you stay around!"

She lets go and runs off, narrowly dodging Thandal as he gets up and grabs his crossbow. When you go to look for the hat it's gone.

@Applo

Once settled behind the bins with you, Shadow carefully empties the pouch into his hand. You notice that he's quick to pocket the coin himself, but spends some time looking over the other things.

It's a small pale leather pouch, maybe enough to hold 50 gold pieces total but there was no where near that much in it. On either side are small paintings, done carefully so the imagery won't crack and flake off the cloth. A picture of the small white spider that had been seen with the mystery man, and a picture that almost shifts depending on how you look at it. The exact nature of the second image is hard to discern, but Shadow hisses as he looks at it.

"I bet he's a magic person of some sort. With all the tricksy illusions. Think he goes to one of them schools? Someone like him could...." he trails off poking at a bit of wire and small bundle of string. "Think these are magic too?" The little tabaxi looks very thoughtful.

Because you rolled so high you see two little golden eyes suddenly peek up from below the grate which you are now a bit closer too and what looks like a flash of a red nose. It's just for a moment before they duck back down again, but it almost looks like someone in the sewer keeping watch but getting as close to the grate as they can periodically and then jumping back down. That or looking for someone specific.

You also think you see Shadow just for a second shake his head "no" when the eyes pop up.

@The Wanderer

Father Callahan smiles kindly at you but his expression otherwise remains serious and he keeps his voice low. "No, not those. They are good hardworking men but only sergeants This goes above their pay-grade and it would be best for us to as well... I know a Colonel, a Paladin of Perenma, a bit strict, but someone I know would never be involved in such affairs so we can trust him to do right with this news...And if you want to include the Under Lords in this, just so there's eyes from both sides of the city, Lord Balok owes me a favor. Everyone needs some healing now and again."

He watches you intently as he speaks.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Applo
FIN

As the money found its way to her, Fin's dreamy expression shuffled to one, a mingling really, of admiration and surprise. Several years of life as a bard and she still had not grown accustomed to the kindness and generosity of common folk. It warmed her heart to think mere words were enough to inspire such a gift, and with every intention of paying it forward, she opened her mouth to call for a round on her, when out of the blue a pair of arms had looped around her.

Staggering slightly, Fin gave the girl a pat on the arm as a smile found its way to her mouth. As swiftly and easily as it formed, it was gone when her eyes took in the injuries on the half-orc child's face... Orc were known for aggressive tendencies and it shouldn't have come as such a shock, but something so young and innocent, so marred... It was the worst sort of tragedy. Unspeakable.

Throat tightening, she opened her mouth a second time, but the little girl had already released her and slipped into the crowd. Before she lost sight of her entirely, Fin murmured softly beneath her breath, fingers curling gingerly around the amulet she wore. She was no cleric, but one she loved dearly had told her a long time ago that the gods heard... And Cealah was a kind deity...

With a warmth that built within her, she released the healing energy and watched as the girl paused, hand to her cheek, before she vanished into the kitchen.

Turning then back to the table, Fin reached for the hat filled with coin, only to find it missing... "Oh... Dear. Well... Better fed than hungry, I suppose. Though... Hmm."

As she considered the state of the poor battered girl, motion caught her eye near the kitchen and twisting, she witnessed Lucy struggling to grasp a man, armed with a crossbow. So much for a slow night...

Crossing the room, gingerly pressing through the crowd, she approached the young barmaid's side, "Is everything alright, Lucy?" Gaze shifting, she fixed the man with a pleasant smile, "You mightn't want to do that, gracious sire... Mrs. Applelea is a fine woman, but she isn't terribly fond of weapons drawn in her establishment... And I can't imagine you'd want to sully such a splendid evening with the ugliness of bloodshed, now would you?"

TAGS || @Falcon, @Lazeration

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Applo and Falcon
Looking between Lucy, who had a rather firm grasp on his own feeble arm, and the story-telling woman, Thandal had to take a few moments to control his ire, allowing his body to relax to show that he wasn't a threat to them. Looking Lucy in the face, he mustered up the words as best as he could: "Some thief made off with the coin I was going to pay you with," he said, "I just want to get it back." Casting his eyes to his weapon, he added, "Taking this with me so it doesn't go missing as well." He realized how this looked, especially given his fervor, but if there was one thing that got his blood boiling more than predatory loan sharks and his own father, it was a thief.

"If it makes you feel any better, I've done business with the Appleleafs before; I won't cause any trouble."

• According to Plan

A feeling of security washed over Sylva as the eye wateringly ripe smell of the nearly overflowing bins filled her nose. This was her world. If the man she had just robbed noticed his purse was gone and somehow found her out here she was confident he wouldn't stand a chance against her out here. It was with this confidence that the half-elf leaned against the wall to examine Shadow's haul.

She was silent as the coins disappeared into the Tabaxii's pockets. She didn't begrudge the kid for it. It was their prize and besides, she had her own prize that she was certain Shadow didn't know about. Instead, Sylva focused on the bag. She didn't care much for the image of a very familiar spider fine as it was but the other image was another matter.

"I think he might be." Sylva blinked and the image on the bag shifted slightly once again. It was enthralling.

"Think these are magic too?"

With Shadow's question breaking her fixation on the bag Sylva looked up just in time to see the young Tabaxii looking off to the side and shaking his head. Instantly following the young thief's eye line Sylva noticed a pair of golden eyes looking out from the sewer grate she had spotted earlier. Like the image on the bag she had been staring at before the scene changed with a blink of her eyes, the golden orbs vanishing back into the gloom. Someone was watching them; something was going on.

"I guess they probably are but I dunno, never really seen a whole lotta magic." Poking at the wire and string in Shadow's hand, Sylva tried her hardest to not look like she had noticed what had just happened by picking up the bag and diligently staring at the images for a moment before reaching into a pocket and pulling out a single gold coin.

"Wanna sell me this bag. It's kinda cool." Holding out the coin for Shadow to snatch, the half-elf once again dropped into thieve's cant as her pierced eyebrow raised quizzically. "I saw your friend in the sewer?"​

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Sail and Falcon
Gora | Location: Speakeasy | Interactions: Pip (Diero) @Sail & (hopefully) Edrich @Falcon

"Dee, Dee... D-drow...?" Ho boy; something about how those syllables clashed and intermingled with one another didn't sit well on Gora's heavy tongue. For the life of her, it just wouldn't roll right, not with Pa's inflection. Yeesh; now she felt somewhat guilty. It wouldn't hurt her feelings specifically, but she could imagine how disheartening it was to introduce yourself to a new face, only for the same voice to come from that voice butcher your name like a slaughter house.

"Hmmm, that's be a good ole name!" She gave Pip-Diero another friendly pat to the back, her smile widening a tad. Suddenly, awareness entered her eyes and her visage softened with a ripple of wisdom that seemed to have flourished out of nowhere. As she spoke, the boorish babble of a drunkard was usurped by the feminine honey of a scholar. "It's a pleasure, Diero Acanthus."

The change vanished quicker than it came, and Gora slapped on a dopey grin once more. At Pip-Diero's question, she heaved a hearty laugh. "Of course yer did! Ya know, good ole Corella's a good woman, but she worrying her head right off her body, I swears it! All that hub bub 'bout this Speakeasy had her spooked a good minute it did. But," a shrug, "She be strongest in mind 'n heart; she probably as good to go as always be. Just damn entertainin' to see. I like ya!" As she continued to talk and walk with Pip-Diero, she finally looked ahead in search of a familiar little lug's mug.

Where be her buddy, Orangetwig? (Appleleaf)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Falcon and Applo

"Wait a minute…" Before Diero had a chance to notice the momentary shift to a more scholarly tone, Gora continued on with her spiel. He continued looking around the room, searching for the person in charge. He kept one ear open to listen to Gora, and one to listen for any other trouble. He wasn't particularly good at such a task, and found himself repeatedly returning to hearing only Gora's words.

Simba crawled up Diero's left arm, the little pitter-patter of small spider feet sending a comforting warmth throughout his body.

"...she was worried about the Speakeasy? Maybe this half-orc knows something I can use? It seems she is acquainted with Corella." His prior task on hold, he turned to Gora, raising one eyebrow a bit higher than the other and asked, "What exactly was she so worried about with this speakeasy? Have you been having trouble?" [/SIZE]

• Bucket of Rainbows
Jon Jon

The young monk listened intently as the Priest spoke, nodding with his recommendations. "Those sound like good ideas. But who are the Under Lords? I apologize as I'm still learning the terms and positions in this city as it's still so new when compared to my Monastery." Jon Jon would reply to the Priest. As he would like to know what and who these Under Lords were, as were they Lords of the people as compared to the King or Queen? All of these politics confused him, making his head ache just a bit as it tried to process all of this new information that the headache from before escalated from a dull ache to a much more noticeable pain.

@Falcon

• Bucket of Rainbows
@Elle Joyner @Lazeration

Now there was always the possibility Lucy was overreacting, but she had seen weapons drawn in the Inn before. With the sort of clientele who spent their time below it's wasn't whole unanticipated. But as Finn drawn near to help calm the situation the barmaid sends a great-full look.
Her form relaxes even more as you, Thadal promise you won't cause trouble.

"Oh dear! Look, the meal's on the house for the trouble. I'll go get Corella or Mr. Ed, whichever you prefer... I- I know we had some Red Guard eating nearby, I can grab them too if you think it's necessary, but um... Unless you know specifically who it was I can't really let you go running downstairs accusing everyone of being a thief because... well that will be even worse trouble for us all...."

Her face is a bit pale now.

@Applo

Shadow's hands move quickly, almost desperately as he snatches the coin from your fingers and replaces it with the bag. His eyes darting quickly to the sewer grate where the two glowing orbs quickly reappear and then vanish again.
"That's just Sammy. He won't hurt anyone he's... just keeping records for us while we..." Shadow's voice trails off uncertain as he realizes he might have said too much to someone he doesn't really know.

Just then a half orc girl about the same age as Shadow bursts out of the back door and looks around for you all, finding you after a moment of searching. Her hood is up but with your high perception roll you can see that she too has suffered some injury, although she looks a great deal better off that the young Tabaxi.

"Shadow, we've been made. Old Iorn Spine noticed his purse is gone!"
"Thandal?" Shadow questions as he scrambles to get back to his feet. "But we agreed he wasn't a mark. He notices stuff way to fast to be safe."
"Don't look at me I didn't take it!"
"I been ish heeere 'll nigh' " a young voice pipes up from the sewer and you see to red hands reaching to help the half orc girl lift it long enough to climb in.
"Shadow!"
"I-uh-one sec..."

The young tabaxi turns to you, Sylva. "Um- I know you don't have'ta, but if you could forget you saw us and uh - maybe.... There's a priest inside, Father Callahan, uh - if you could send him to the youth house... I meant to ask him... but we're out'a time... again you don't have to--"

"Shadow!"

A moment later all three children are out of sight, the sewer grate is closed, and you're left alone in the alley.

@Mobley Eats @Sail

Edrich Appleleaf was seated in his usual corner and easy enough for Gora to spot since she knows his habits fairly well. As there are no boxing matches currently being fought in the ring his eyes are glues to his ledgers as he pours over his supply numbers, profits and losses. His brow is furrowed in concentration despite the noise and hubbub going on around him.

@The Wanderer

Callahan whistles softly. " No wonder you sought aid if you know so little of this city." He puts his book aside, dips his finger in his ale and begins to draw on the table with the liquid.

"The city, you might say, is divided in to three sections to go beyond the rings of your walls. The upper nobility, the lower crime lords, or Under lords as many here call them, and everyone in between. Believe it or not there are good men in all three circles just as there are bad. Lord Balok is decent enough in that he keeps his word once given and I've never known him to be unfair in his judgment. He does, however, believe that the aristocracy doesn't do enough to look after it's people and cares little for the law. He's become... Perhaps Lord of the thieves is the best way to put it. There are others, Slumlords, and loan sharks, individuals working for themselves, who have made names for themselves, but your goal is the good of the city, and Balok may know more than the guards in some respects if you think this threat is going to sneak in.

"If you think this threat may come in open assault then I think it best to talk to Colonel Delmirev who is the Paladin I mentioned before. If you're not sure, then we can speak to both. At least if your message is delivered it should find the right ears."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Applo
FIN

"Ah... Seems we've got a bit of an epidemic here, tonight." Her eyes shifting to Lucy, Fin gave a small, dry smile, "Tip I made just now, pretty sum it was... wandered off, as well. Went through the kitchen, just a moment ago. I imagine she's through the back by now. Poor dear looked half beat to death, though, so I imagine she might've needed it more than I do... "

Twisting to look at the man with the pilfered purse, her lip twitched, smile turning sympathetic, "That's not to say you deserve any of this misfortune, sire, but she wasn't more than a wee thing... I'm no tower, myself, and she barely came to my middle. Can't imagine it's worthy of callin' in the guard. Course that's just my say so... You're ought to do what feels best..."

Gaze flickering back to the young woman, the smile faded entirely as concern pitched her brows into a peak, "...Miss Lucy, sweetie... are you alright? You're awfully pale, my dear. Why don't you sit down?" And as she spoke, she was already fetching a chair for the woman, dragging it over behind her, "Here... sit. I'll handle finding Mr. Edrich, if you'd like?"

TAGS | @Falcon, @Lazeration

• Bucket of Rainbows

Suddenly alone in the alleyway, Sylva felt that she was almost looking into the past as she stared at the now still sewer grate. The memories of what it was like to live so close to the edge were clear enough in her mind. Some of them were painfully clear. Every day had been a struggle; a desperate fight just to survive. Life hadn't been easy, but Sylva was pretty sure it was at least better now than it had been when she was young. She knew more now; could do more to. It was no longer a fight just to keep her head above water.

An insistent rustling from one of her pockets broke Sylva from the spell of her memories. Dipping a finger into the pocket she smiled as tiny paws clambered along the digit before she lifted her four legged friend up to her shoulder.

"I got something for you, Julius." With one hand, Sylva held the purse she had just bought up to where the mouse was perched while the other reached back into the pocket her friend had come from and extracted a small, misshapen scabbard. Fixing the purse neatly into the repurposed blade sheath wasn't as easy Sylva had thought and it took her a bit of fiddling until she was satisfied with her work.

"That should be more comfortable for you buddy." Holding the adjusted scabbard up to her shoulder, Sylva used her thumb to gently coax Julius into his newly refurbished home. Once the mouse and his home were settled back in her pocket, the half-elf took one last look around the alley before heading back to and through the inn's kitchen. There was no acting drunk this time. But she did pause at the doorway between the kitchen and the drinking hall to peer through the door. There was no point drawing attention to herself by walking out from where she had no business to be incautiously. Sylva was also curious to see if she could spot the priest Shadow had mentioned as well as this Thandal that had so spooked the kids.​

Reactions: Falcon
Jon Jon

"Maybe it is best we talk to both, so both may know what is coming. The more people know, the better they can gather enough to deal with this." Jon Jon's way of thinking was a bit simple, but then again the young monk wasn't the brightest in the room. After all, if both knew about it then both sides could pull whatever they could to deal with the sneaking assassins before any damage was done.

"But due to your high speaking of this 'Del-Mirror-ev.' We will speak to him first, can you lead me to him?"

@Falcon

Gora | Interaction: Diero @Sail & Edrich @Falcon | Location: Speakeasy

"Hm? Whazzit now?" Gora muttered a few beats after Diero's question. What was he going about with the Speakeasy and trouble? Was there trouble going on? Not that she last remembered... And that had something to do with accidentally plucking some Dragonborn's eyebrows. Which didn't make much sense, considering they didn't have hair. Just scales.

...Ouch.

Shaking off the memory, she tried to focus on Diero again and picked at her ear, one eye screwing shut. "I'd don't think so, Pip. Only troubles I'mma see is when dem people throw fists in there." She jabbed a finger towards the currently empty boxing ring. She'd caught bits and pieces of those fights whenever she came down here in the past, but never really participated in the gambling. Just wasn't her thing. And money wasn't ever an issue, not with how much her Pa's business was booming.

"Orangetwig!" Gora exclaimed happily at the sight of Edrich. She ampled on over with little to no grace in her steps, before pulling the paper free of her jacket. "Delivery for ya!" She slapped it onto the counter before him.

• Bucket of Rainbows
@Elle Joyner @Lazeration

"I-ah- alright." Lucy murmurs letting herself be guided to a chair. "He'll be downstairs. Do you know the way?" She hesitates a moment before leaning in to whisper to Fin how to find the speakeasy entrance. Although she also gives a pointed took at Thandal's crossbow as if expecting him to set it aside for the time being.
"But if Mr. Thandal's been stolen from who else has? We've had some very important people here tonight... that could put all of us in trouble."

@Applo

While you might not know who Thandal was, there is very clearly some sort of commotion going over at the table where Fin has gotten Lucy to sit down. The pale haired man with a crossbow clearly looks unhappy, and while Lucy seems to be recovering, her face still looks somewhat afraid of something.

Along the side wall of the tavern at another table is very clearly an older may dressed in what is either grey clergy robes, or an overcoat resembling clergy robes, and a red mantle. Around his neck hangs something very like a holy symbol although it's form is difficult to see. He seems to be deep in conversation with another young fellow. This man looks much like the every day person you might pass on the street, except his clothing is a bit different from what the people of Whitton usually wear.

Either group would be easy enough to approach, and (because you rolled high) there's the possibility that if you start by delivering the message to the priest you could possibly go see what's going on with the others before they leave the room.

@Mobley Eats @Sail

"Gora!" Edrich Appleleaf's furrowed brow smooths into a smile as he looks up from his workbook and takes the offered page. He doesn't even seem to notice that he's been given the wrong name. Instead he begins to count out the proper amount of coin from a bag close at hand, and then counts them back to you as he passes them over.
"I am glad to see you well. If you'll just sign here that you've been paid the proper amount? And then I have another order to request of you and your father if you have the time? I got a letter this morning from a client planning to come for the harvest games in a few weeks, and they are particularly fond of that apple brandy you make."

@The Wanderer

"I can," Father Callahan nods his head. "But this time of night it may be difficult to see him. If we wait for early morning he will be at the temple and easy to speak to without a prior appointment. Do you think your message can wait one night?"
As you answer his attention shifts a bit to watch whats going on with Lucy and the others. Although seeing Fin jump in he makes no move to get up just yet.

Gora | Interaction: Diero @Sail & Edrich @Falcon | Location: Speakeasy

Gora smiled, wide and easy on her cheeks like goofy honey, and drummed her beefy hands happily as Orangetwig counted out her pay. "Thank ya very kindly!" She scooped the pile of coins into her own pouch, a worn and leathery thing strapped securely to her waist. It was located ever so slightly towards the front of her hips--just to keep it in her line of vision. She done visited the Speakeasy enough times to know grabby hands roamed the place like an immortal horde of roaches.

Which wasn't really a bad thing. Roaches had feelings too... Maybe. Right? She wasn't really sure.

"I's can definitely do that, Orangetwig me mans." Gora signed the document with little hesitation, but plenty of surprising finesse and grace behind her penmanship. She'd done this so many times that it was nothing short of muscle memory now. However, her interest was snagged at the mention of a new customer. Yes! More business for Pa! She'd never turn that down. "Oh? Who's it be, then? A big ole name I's know 'bout?" she asked. As the half-orc spoke, her vision strayed. Alongside her attention span. Nothing outside of the ordinary. Soon, her gaze landed on the empty ring again and impulse jumped out of her mouth before she could consider blocking it. "When's ya gonna start up them fights? Might hop on in's tonight."

Eh, why not? Some friendly sport never hurt and Gora liked to keep her skills in check whenever she wasn't rolling around like a drunken log. She then cast a hopeful glance at Diero. "Whassa 'bout you, Pip? Wanna duke 'em out in the ring with's me??" The excitement in her tone was palpable and could put a newborn puppy to shame.

• Bucket of Rainbows
FIN

"I know the way." Fin noted with a small nod, even as the woman leaned in to offer instructions. Now and then, her services were called upon downstairs, to lighten the mood when tensions were higher than one generally cared for, in a clandestine gambling operation. She didn't prefer it to the tavern, if only because the patrons were generally more invested in their games than her musical stylings or storytelling, but work was work...

Eyes shifting to follow Lucy's, Fin smiled up at the man, "Name's Fin, by the way... Mayhaps leave that piece with Lucy, here? Won't find safer hands to keep hold of it." Whether or not he complied or opted to stay, Fin turned in the direction of her quarry and started off, "Let's see if we can't get this mess sorted."

TAGS | @Falcon, @Lazeration

• Bucket of Rainbows

The sight of the pale haired man she had relieved of the weight of their coin purse not long before looking agitated was almost enough to send Sylva back out of the kitchen's rear door. Almost. Rich people almost never remembered poor peoples faces; Sylva had once robbed the same merchant three times in one day before and the fool had never clocked her. Besides she could also see a man who looked very much like a priest sitting at another table. Doing what Shadow had asked would be easy enough, then she could slip out the door and into the night. Her pockets were full enough for one days' work.

Slipping into the inn's main room at a moment when its occupants appeared to be looking elsewhere, the half-elf sidled confidently over to the table where the robed figure was seated. Hopefully, this was Father Callahan. Who else could they be with those robes? Moving into the space between the priest and the commotion at the other table that seemed to have drawn the man's attention, Sylva crouched down so her head was at the same level as everyone else's.

"You Father Callahan?" She didn't wait for a response. Seeing the man up close had boosted Sylva's confidence that this was in fact the person she was looking for. "An acquaintance of mine asked me to ask you to go visit the umm youth house or something. Said they meant to ask but they had to run."​

Jon Jon

"Yes, it can. I will need to find somewhere to rest, do you know any that are saf-" And like that, Jon Jon was distracted by the commotion that was occurring a table or two over, watching as several people tended to someone in a chair. Jon Jon wondered what had happened, standing up to go investigate when a lady walked over and joined their table. Speaking to Callahan about something regarding someone looking for him.

"Miss, is everything alright?" He would ask her, and cast a look to Callahan that simply said "Do you know this person?" Which even if he didn't know the lady, and if she required assistance, then Jon Jon wouldn't hesitate to offer his aid, as no matter who someone was, poor or rich, good or somewhat not good, unless they were completely and irredeemably evil, they still deserved aid.

@Falcon @Applo

• Bucket of Rainbows
Location: Speakeasy | Interactions: Gora @Mobley Eats Edritch @Falcon

In that moment, Diero's thought processes came to a grinding halt, like hundreds of whirring gears crashing together without any lubricant. He focused his mind on the hole in the Weave, beckoning his spider to come to him. A momentary distortion in space, and his friend appeared on his back. "Simba, you hearing this? Orangetwig? Pip? Ah, who's kidding, I probably do look like a 'Pip'. Scrawny arms, absolutely no confidence. Ha." A chuckle escaped his lips.

He flexed his fingers, pulling them close to the midpoint of his hand before letting them rebound. "Uhhmm...duke 'em out? It's certainly a possibility, depending on the rules." A bit of a grin curled up on his face; if this individual really thought he was strong enough to fight in a ring, something must've been seriously imposing about himself.

He clicked his middle finger against his thumb-"SNAP!"-then slid his finger across the base of his hand as if lighting a match. A glowing red light exploded across the flesh before vanishing into nothing. "I can toss some fire if that's allowed."

@Mobley Eats @Sail

"I'm not allowed to say yet," Edrich winks at you, Gora, "but you'll know when they make their visit public. Safety concerns and all that. As for the ring, yer welcome as always. But standard rules. Nothing that will risk my business. That means fisticuffs only. No offensive magic, no weapons. The participates agree on armor type. Some choose to go bare, some choose leather or metal, I even allow magic for armor if you got it, but the two of you have to be agreeing now.

"Also, no wagering on yerselves. you can do a friendly amount to go to the winner bu nothing more. If others wager on you the winner gets 10 percent of the pot. If you just want to spar there''ll be no wagering at all. Otherwise a loser is determined by either first to fall three times, or first to go unconscious, or some other thing you both agree on. But again, you both have to be in agreement. I only allow fair fights in my ring. "

His eyes dart between you, waiting on an answer to see if you still want to fight.

@The Wanderer @Applo

"I am Father Callahan" the elderly cleric affirms with a nod when Sylva approaches with her question. "The youth house are you sure?" His eyes search your face for a moment. "May I ask the race of the acquaintance in question?... no it hardly matters. We ill go. Will you join us?"
He stands and begins to carefully stack his used dishes in a neat pile for easy collection by the tavern maid.

"My friend, if you will consent to run a few errands with me, I have a share bed at the chapel I can lend you." he adds in finally remembering to answer your earlier question. "although it might be nice to know your name first."

As the storytelling woman--Fin, she said her name was--turned to take her leave, Thandal managed to stammer out a vocalization meant to convey protest to her haste. Just then, however, something--or rather someone--caught his eye: striding quickly through the dining room was the woman who had been peering through the kitchen doorway with Shadow. He had no doubt that this woman was the one who had made off with his coin; Shadow knew the rules, after all. Thandal watched her take a seat across from a pair of men, one of them an older gentleman who seemed to be a cleric of some sort, his mind churning myriad scenarios where he confronted the strange woman about the gold she had managed to relieve him of.

Neither of them ended well for him.

Casting his eyes between Lucy, Fin, and the apparent thief, Thandal looked to Lucy, pointing at the woman chatting with the old cleric. "Her," he said gruffly, "Keep an eye on her; she just might be our thief." With that, he turned, re-shouldering his crossbow as he quickened his pace to catch up to Fin. 'And I'm keepin' my bleedin' crossbow,' he thought.

Last edited by a moderator: