D&D Adventure!! (Interest Check)

I don't remember any if that taking place in the Wild West.

You could say there will be a frontier-ish element to it, sure.

But everything currently is purely speculation >_> Let's not get ahead of ourselves. For all you know, the setting could be a bunch of bathyspheres in a cosmic ocean, and all these bathyspheres are attached to chains that keep them from floating into a cosmic oblivion, and our intrepid adventures are hired to knock out as many of these chains as possible, causing mass genocide.
o-o

Mwahahaha mashup of plots!

I dunno what happened there.

But I like it :):) already looking at potential characters.

What level are we starting at? Good ole level one? Also I totally forgot to ask what the posting expectations would be lol (like... Time wise)

Dude, we gonna be Critical Role up in this sucka.

Still conflicted on what to do for a character, but hopefully should be able to decide on it when the official OOC/Signups go up.

I'm revolving around monk or druid... But will prolly change it last minute cause I'm a fickle diva.

Reactions: Cwispy
Hmmmm. Knight Fighter man, Thief man or Ranger boi?

Im thinking Half-Orc barbarian druid or a tabaxi monk

• Bucket of Rainbows
What level are we starting at? Good ole level one? Also I totally forgot to ask what the posting expectations would be lol (like... Time wise)

So I don't necessarily have posting expectations yet. I mean, I want people to post regularly, and the nature of how we come up with posts might allow some people to go at their own pace. I imagine you guys can set your own pace during "exploration". Periods of time where you're not actively adventuring. But as soon as the party wants to adventure, you will be forced to "gather your party" and proceed together and post together in a manner in which no one is left behind.

Now depending on how many people we have, we could conceivably have two or more parties (parties must at least have three characters.)

How we come up with posts might be, I'm hoping, streamlined with the use of discord. I will create channels for each individual player to quickly rp with me, much the way you would with a DM at a table. For instance if you're with a shop keep, the discord chat would just be simple and quick back and forths with you asking questions and me responding, and then you take that information and turn it into a fleshed out post in your own awesome writing styles. I almost always have my phone so I can answer questions and respond very quickly and almost all the time :D

We can use this same premise for when the party is adventuring together too. Or everyone can post in the same doc one after the other and then that doc gets posted. That's also a good way to collaboratively roleplay.

Im thinking Half-Orc barbarian druid or a tabaxi monk

I love the barbarian druid idea xD It's so awesome.

Reactions: Esmeray
Hnng. Collab posting is so my style haha. It makes it flow so so much nicer. Glad to hear that for sure :)

• Love
Hnng. Collab posting is so my style haha. It makes it flow so so much nicer. Glad to hear that for sure :)

It's my favorite way to go too! You are so right, a post just feels much more organic! ^_^

Oh, I forgot to answer your questions lol, all players will be starting at level 1 :D

Are we using the Gritty Rest rules (Short Rest = 8 hrs, Long Rest = 1 Week) like the original Low Magic Grindark idea used or is it standard resting periods?

Either way I'm thinking a non-Bard Cha class or some disgusting multiclass of the like.

• Love
XD Yep. Knew I'd change my mind in a few hours... Think I'm going with a blind half elf cleric.

• Sweet
Are we using the Gritty Rest rules (Short Rest = 8 hrs, Long Rest = 1 Week) like the original Low Magic Grindark idea used or is it standard resting periods?

Either way I'm thinking a non-Bard Cha class or some disgusting multiclass of the like.

I will propose variant rules in the OOC. The only variant rules that will be foisted on you guys are rules that will make a forum based D&D game run smoother, like passive ability checks. All other variant rules need to be chosen by you guys. I'm definitely not the DM who wants to force players to follow rules I'm partial to or find fun. So if you guys think variant rules like the gritty rest rule will add value to everyone's game, that's on the players to decide.

I'm more partial to the traditional rest style just cause waiting a full in game week to get spells back would suck majorly lol. That being said, I'm flexible either way. Just means adjusting thought processes.

What're you thinking regarding initial stats? Self-rolling the 4d6s or using the standard set?

I'm more partial to the traditional rest style just cause waiting a full in game week to get spells back would suck majorly lol. That being said, I'm flexible either way. Just means adjusting thought processes.

What're you thinking regarding initial stats? Self-rolling the 4d6s or using the standard set?

No we'll do point buy or the standard array, but everyone can start with a feat of their choice (although some can't be chosen at character creation and I'll tell you which ones (although you can probably guess >_> lookinatyougreatweaponmaster))

The benefits to the gritty realism rule is that it requires players to carefully plan adventures. It's good for campaigns that emphasize interaction and roleplay. If we did use it, I'd tweak it to account for things like magical healing, injuries, and the length of adventures (like if you guys go out and quickly dispatch a group of goblins and it doesn't take too long, it probably would just be the regular 8 hour rest).

I dunno about everyone else, but I personally like 20-25 Point Buy or Standard Set

Edit: Wow look at that the DM posted right before me

I dunno about everyone else, but I personally like 20-25 Point Buy or Standard Set

Edit: Wow look at that the DM posted right before me

I'm a ninja like that.