The Shardscape: Mistforme
WTF is this?
This, my dear friend, is a nigh-on entirely homebrew D&D 5e campaign. This is a campaign meant for both the tabletop gamer and the writer. One that, mind you, is not meant for the faint of heart.
TL;DR of the basic premise of the beginning of this campaign is that you are a member of a contingent of Bone Elves sent out to find and retrieve if possible, a scouting party of three that has gone missing. However, if you think that that is all you are going to do, and that a mundane rescue operation is all you will experience, you are gravely mistaken.
Awesome! I'll bring my Half-Orc Paladin of Bahamut!
Ehehehe... How do I put this nicely? NO.
Remember that part up there about this being an almost-entirely homebrew campaign? Well, here's the thing. Currently, this campaign will take place in but a slice of the history and the realm of my world of Sekhar. What does that mean, you might ask? Well, it means that for now, this campaign will not only be race-restricted, but also class-restricted for lore reasons. That is, all player characters made at the beginning of the Shardscape campaign must be Bone-Elves.
Well that sucks balls. I'm still interested, though. What are these Bone Elves you keep talking about?
I thought you would never ask. The Bone Elves are an imperial race of elves, somber, stoic, supposedly humourless, and, as some would say, obsessed with death. What is the most important thing to know about them? They are the leaders of the mightiest empire the world of Sekhar, in its remembered history, has ever and will ever know. Also, they hate the High Elves, their neighbours in their homeland.
[fieldbox=Relevant Information, #5e8a6f, solid, 5, palatino]So, all that preamble wasn't enough information for you? Well, you came to the right place. I have oodles of information for you. However, before we take things much too far, I believe that this is a pretty good point to launch into what I expect of my players.
I expect my players to:
- Take a dive into the lore of the world
- Create a rich character background integrated with the aforementioned lore
- Communicate any questions about the lore to me, instead of making assumptions
- Communicate any discomfort with any aspect of the campaign
- Communicate any long-term unavailability
- Communicate any changes or deviations they wish to take from the norm as defined by the lore of the world
- Participate in a way that forwards the plot
- Refrain from blatantly steering the plot in a direction that is inappropriate in relation to the lore of the world
Now that that's out of the way, let's get to actual information about this campaign, shall we? Of course, now that we know that all characters must be Bone-Elves, this also comes with a racial restriction on available classes:
- Fighter (Except for the Eldritch Knight Martial Archetype)
- Ranger (With the express understanding that Rogue spells are not arcane but druidic in nature)
Bone Elf Information
Again, the names are clickable links. And just to be clear, the Bone Elves call themselves the Tretallë.
- Tretallë (Stats)
- Tretallë (Characteristics
- Tretallë (Culture)
- Tretallë (Government)
- Tretallë (Military)
- Tretallë (Language)
And there! That should cover about everything you need to know! Oh, and one last thing, this whole campaign will be held on Roll20.
Last edited by a moderator: