D.A.P.P.E.R [OOC and Signup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

• arashi_by_meganerid-d5962ie.jpg
    Name; Kiyomi Matthews

Appearence; A Sino-English woman of a meagre 5 foot 7, Kiyomi is more often than not one of the smaller members of any given D.A.P.P.E.R team. She has dark hair and emerald green eyes, and has a lean, fit body that betrays her intense personal training and impeccable conditioning. More often than not, she has a pretty smile on her face: even in the middle of combat when most are devolving into screaming, snarling fury. She has smooth skin and maintains her hair in a long braid, or simply has it trimmed down so that it doesn’t get in her face. While her face seems to have taken on more of her father’s western features, her height, hair colour and general disposition seem to reflect her mother’s more traditional, Japanese heritage.

Age; Twenty-seven

Rank; Omega - Basic Access: Most combat operatives fall under Omega level. They are allowed to customize their loadout and they are usually assigned a Delta level operative to handle requests and manage their mission control. As any omega Level can tell you however, they operate on need to know basis half the time.

Brief Background; Born the only child of a British D.A.P.P.E.R Agent and his Japanese fiancée, Kiyomi was the subject of a lot of love in her early life. She remembers being spoilt often, and growing up to the sight of two adults so very clearly in love. Times were good in the young girl’s early life.

Sadly, at the age of ten, the work of Kiyomi’s father followed him home. A mid-level Oni had followed the D.A.P.P.E.R agent home, following a failed excommunication, and proceeded to attack Kiyomi’s father while he was isolated at home. Kiyomi’s mother managed to hide their daughter in a closet, before she ran back to try and help her husband. The screams of her parents betrayed the unsuccessful nature of the act, and Kiyomi was orphaned at a very early age. She would likely have joined her parents in the rather fatal fate, were it not for the prudent arrival of her father’s peers, who then managed to slay the Oni that had orphaned the young girl.

Packing up a few of the belongings she owned and was allowed to keep (Most of the items were confiscated by D.A.P.P.E.R) Kiyomi ended up being left only with some clothes, a few photos and a family heirloom from her mother’s side, before she was then shipped off to her only known living relative: An uncle that resided at a Shinto-Buddhist temple.

With nothing else to cling to, Kiyomi followed the Buddhist way and integrated herself into the lifestyle of the temple. She was one of the only female members in the sect, and was treated well by all that live there as a sort of communal daughter of the generally much older male populous. She was an extremely dedicated and driven woman, who practiced many forms of combat as means of meditation, to combat the less than infrequent night-terrors.

By the age of Twenty-Five, Kiyomi had become a fine woman, and a master of martial arts and several forms of weapon based combat: as well as being a woman of extreme willpower and tenacity. She was approached by her uncle, who had in turn been contacted by D.A.P.P.E.R, her father’s old employers. The organisation was looking to diversify its combat forces, and they were looking for combatants ‘suited for the dangers of fighting Humanity’s threats up close and personal.’

Kiyomi jumped at the chance to do something meaningful with her life. She joined up with D.A.P.P.E.R almost instantly, and has worked alongside the organisation for nearly two years, now.

• Skills will include:

Area of Expertise; Extermination – Kiyomi is not much of a tracker, nor is she very good at diplomacy. While she is a smart enough individual, and she is considered one of the top-notch experts on artifacts and iconography, there is one thing that Kiyomi excels at above all else, and that is the extermination of threats. Be it down to her traumatic childhood experience, or down to her personal training and willpower is unknown, but Kiyomi is a damn efficient exterminator of threats. She is uniquely positioned as a front line fighter and a downright dangerous opponent to be against, and she has started to make a name for herself, both inside D.A.P.P.E.R and its rivals.

Major skill; Close Quarters Combat – For most members of D.A.P.P.E.R. it would be suicide to get close to the creatures they hunt. A single bite from a ghoul is potentially lethal, and if you get within half a mile of an Oni, you are basically dead already. Kiyomi is different. Armed with both Science and faith, Kiyomi is one of the only Close Quarters Combat experts that D.A.P.P.E.R has, and is a boon to any unit because she does things that others can’t. She fights the demons up close, and she not only survives, but wins.

Minor Skill; Artifact maintenance and acquisition – Kiyomi’s decade and a half in the Buddhist temple have made her very in tune with the mythical and the ephemeral. When it comes to either finding, charging or maintaining artifacts, both on the field and off it, there are few as handy as Kiyomi.

• Weapons; Kiyomi’s main weapon of choice is a Katar, a sort of Dagger-gauntlet with a use on both slashing and piercing (It excels in the latter.) Kiyomi possesses several interchangeable blades of various metals: Silver, Gold, Cold Iron, various other allergen inducing metals or just the classic that is anointed Steel. In addition to her Katar, she uses a number of lesser daggers and, when things get particularly bad, her Vajra.

Specialized Equpiment; Kiyomi is considered an expert on Artefacts inside D.A.P.P.E.R, and uses a number of them in her combat focused duties. While she has access to a few small casks of Holy Water, her most used artefacts are a listed below, and are all of personal importance

>Feyglass Goggles: A basic requirement for any decent D.A.P.P.E.R Exterminator, the Feyglass goggles allow Kiyomi to see any invisible threats and act accordingly. They also happen to be snazzy as hell!

> Buddhist Rosary beads: A set of beads gifted by her Uncle when she left the temple they shared as home. They wrap around her right arm and augment her considerable strength with a mystical augmentation, upping her power to the point that she can pop the heads of Ghouls or Zombies with a single punch. Their power is used very moderately, meaning that it is strong enough to be used in a number of extended confrontations before being exhausted.

>Vajra: A much more potent Artifact, and a symbol of faith that has been passed down her mother’s side of the family for generation after generation. Its age and elevated status as a holy icon in her Mother’s family means it is a much more potent catalyst for augmenting Kiyomi’s strength, and can be used to take on mid-level demons and fae.

>Demon’s Blood: An experimental substance used by D.A.P.P.E.R agents. It is a highly addictive combat stimulant that supercharges Kiyomi’s abilities beyond human capacity for a short period of time. The effects of the Demon’s blood allow Kiyomi to tackle a Large class Oni or something of similar power head on, but the use of the Demon’s blood is dangerous and best avoided. For one, the substance is highly addictive and can have corrupting effects on lesser souls, but perhaps more worrying is that after its use, the consumer is prone to almost catatonic crashes. They will be left unable to act independently for at least an hour, and would be unable to perform D.A.P.P.E.R Duties for at least 24 hours.

Reactions: Digi-Guy
Name- Oliver Reese

Age- 40

Appearence; Height 5’10 weight 180. Black hair and grey eyes. Strong square jaw and rounded chin. Typical outfit is dark grey retro-fitted suit jacket. It has many concealed. white collared shirt and dark grey cargo pants. He wears black military boots. When not on mission he wears a black tie. He is often seen with a pair of goggles made of Feyglass.

Though Oliver is in his forties, he fights like a man half his age. He also looks a lot younger then he is. His friends say he has the gift of prolonged youth. Oliver thinks it's because he has spent to much time near the paranormal.

Rank- Delta

Fasion.JPG

Bio- Oliver was born to Jared and Mary Reese. Both of his parents were active members in an Evangelical church, so he grew up a church kid. Jared Reese was a kickboxing coach, so naturally he taught his son the art. Once Oliver turned 18 he became a cop in the city of Chicago. By age twenty he was one of CPD top detectives. He was accredited for the solving of many crimes. He worked closely in many cultist cases, often exposing the cults and taking them down. Due to his ability to spot and follow clues, his peers thought him almost telepathic. Due to his job, and the cults he exposed he saw more death and gore than most.

When WWII started Oliver was 20, and he felt it was his duty to defend his country. He was not aware that he would be defending his realm as well. So he joined the marines and shipped out in 1940. In the marines he saw many things within Germany. The military also taught him combat tactics. What kept him alive on the streets and in the war was his quick thinking and his use of sleight of hand. When unable to overpower his enemy, he would use tricks, illusions, and deceit to come out on top. Being a detective taught him how to be an independent thinker; the military taught him how to execute his thoughts.

After the war D.A.P.P.E.R. recruited Oliver and trained him in the knowledge of the paranormal. Once he became aware that other worldly things were killing humans, he knew he had to answer the call. Following his sense of duty and justice he readily accepted and joined. Just like when he was in the CPD, he quickly became known within the organization as one of the best hunters. His skills as a detective made him adept at finding monsters and routing out cults. The detective had also made himself a name as a skilled combatant. Some called him a dirty fighter, but most admired his abilities.

Personality- Oliver is brutal and sees the world in black and white, with very few gray areas. He’s the type to first shoot, and not ask questions. Once he figures who or what his enemy is, he doesn't hesitate to kill them, unless ordered not too. He is quite often uncompromising. Merciful is not a word people use to describe Oliver. He kills monsters because to him they are all evil. His staunch code of ethics keeps him from drinking, smoking, and having sex outside marriage. However, he would not push his ideas and beliefs on people unless it was going to jeopardize the mission. He still believes in God, though he is not sure why God is allowing for the world to be as it is. He does his best to hold to his faith. Oliver also does not believe there are "good monsters". He will tolerate them as long as command tells him to.

Area of Expertice; Hunting.
Major skill; Expert detective skills, Marksman with pistol.
Minor Skill; Urban combat, sleight of hand.

Weapons; Two Sawed off over under 12 gauge shotgun. One custom Colt 45. Various types of ammo, silver, iron, rock salt, dragon rounds. Various types of knuckles, brass, Iron, silver, gold, oak. Flash grenades. Silver switch blade.

Specialized Equipment; Fey glass goggles. EMF meter, 1 stake, syringes of dead mans blood. (If that’s a viable killing method)

At the moment the pictures of his guns are being difficult. Bah. I will fix it later.

**NOTE- I just edited more of his information. I had some inconsistencies to take care of.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you missed to copy name, age and rank there :P

Name; Duncan McShale
Appearance; A man standing at 5' 8'', he has orange hair which he keeps in a side ponytail which lays on his right shoulder. His grey eyes stay behind his glasses as he buries his nose within his research. He isn't particularly large nor gaunt The only other remarkable features of his appearance is his large shoulders.

He generally wears a flat-cap, a short sleeved white button up shirt, loose pants, a belt with multiple slots to fit vials, and work boots. When in the field he wears a bandoleer stocked with different substances like salt, lemon grass, and sage for example and a holster for his pistol.

Age; 24

Rank; (I'm going to assume Alpha.)

Brief Background; Average was certainly not in the vocabulary when describing the life of Duncan McShale. His father , a veteran of WW-II, became a recluse when he returned home from the war. Worried by the complete change in his normally jovial father, he began to investigate his fathers' study in search of clues. This would prove to be a life changing occurrence as he discovered his father joining a strange religious organization. It was soon after his father committed suicide in an almost ritualistic fashion.

Perplexed and haunted by the death of his father (and soon literally haunted by him) he begun his private investigation into the occult and became quite adept in the occult teachings of the British Isles and the country his father was station: Germany and France. He became a self-educated occult and paranormal investigator, researching the strange and obscure. It was soon after this when D.A.P.P.E.R. got wind of the new investigator on the block and begun to keep tabs on him. After completing a series of tests in his competence on the paranormal and a 'field test', he was finally able to be accepted into the organization.

Only having joined two weeks ago, he is eager to add to his knowledge.

Skills will include:
Area of Expertice; Research
Major skill; Occultism
Minor Skill; British, French, and Germanic Folklore

Equipment: Vials of Salt, Lemon Grass, Sage, Silver, Gold, and Sulpher. One M1911 [Fully Loaded] kept in a holster, Blank Scrolls, Inkwell and Quills, and finally and most important: His Fey-Glass Spectacles.

I think you missed to copy name, age and rank there :P
For some reason, the process of posting all that became increasingly frustrating. I edited it like ten times in 8 minutes. My photos weren't posting, the spoiler tags were messing up too. I nearly tossed my laptop in the toilet. But I got 90% of it fixed.

Name: Carl Wesley Burbank (being from California, he's often called West Bank)
Appearance:
r-MATT-SMITH-LEAVING-DOCTOR-WHO-large570.jpg

(Couldn't help myself) Brown hair combed back but often left wild when in a hurry. Always wearing glasses, usually his Fae glasses, as he doesn't like not knowing what's going on. Large chin and nose, and typically wears the clothes typical of a university professor.
Brief Background: A graduate of physics at Harvard, Carl was never a believer in the supernatural. For him, there was an explanation for everything, and to him that was the true miracle of God's creation, that everything fit together. Many from his home town would consider him atheist for this view, but he considered himself more understanding of the nature of God than most. It made him a little arrogant, for sure. It also came as a great shock when he discovered how wrong he was.

He wasn't against the supernatural. He found the concept fascinating. He simply didn't believe it was real in any sense. When he was given an old house in his uncle's will 6 years ago with a tattered book hidden underneath a loose step of the stairs, he saw no harm in reading it. Quite by accident, this brought up a horde of reanimated from the backyard cemetery (one of the things that made the house such a hard sell for him.) D.A.P.P.E.R. officers came after intercepting his frantic call to 911, thankfully the corpses hadn't thought to disconnect the phone lines too quickly.

Once the matter was settled, he made a very sincere apology, after which he was promptly arrested, interrogated, and managed to gain a job working for them in exchange for his silence. As such, though, he's almost never left unattended. His curiosity, they deemed, was far more dangerous than any ill intent he could have. Carl had taken the job because the incident had challenged his world view. A hunger for the truth about the world around him was what had pushed his career in physics. Now it was pushing his career in D.A.P.P.E.R.

Skills will include:
Area of Expertise: Researcher
Major skill: Academia - making quick scientific analysis of a situation that needs it in a hurry.
Minor Skill: Being an in-field researcher, he's often called on when things go bad as a sort of readily-available doctor. He has an array of antidotes and medical knowledge to prevent most subjects from dying.

Inventory will include:
Weapons: Revolver armed with one each of the supernatural bullets used on missions, so he's hopefully always got at least one effective shot on him.

Specialized Equipment: Fae Glass glasses, prescription. He's never not seeing the supernatural. Carries the books on everything paranormal, and often has a vast supply of antidotes, potions, and experimental concoctions, many not always working. Carries also an EMF meter, to monitor how the entities affect the local environment, as well as a Geiger counter, just in case.

Alpha is correct btw.

Muy exellent. The team has a medicish member, a folklore/occultist expert, a close combat expert and a hunter with urban combat experience a mile wise (who is delta rank!),. I'll make a mook meant for support in combat (RDD most likely) and we are allready a well rounded team. Lovely display of charachter all around aswell.

The thank is mostly for letting me get on this in the first place. I'm looking forward to when this starts up!

The thank is mostly for letting me get on this in the first place. I'm looking forward to when this starts up!
Agreed! I have been hoping to do some paranormal RPing for a good while. I wanted to start my own, but I have been busy leading 2 1/2 other RPs. So this is super exciting to me. :) I am very thankful for the opportunity!

Also, I made some small changes in my character sheet. Just a few inconsistencies I had to fix.

Quick question @Hellis, what is the posting speed expectations?

@Lorknis, is it odd that we both came up with Fae Glass spectacles independent of each other?

Eh, I don't have one set. We go at the pace that ends up working for people. I am up and down myself.

Okay! I can be a five posts a week kinda guy. I can do more, and less. Im busy on weekends so most of my posting will happen weekdays.

Working on my mook. Aswell as important NPC's. And a beastiary. Oy vey. All this to do!

Application Skeleton;

Personal Info will include;

Name;Evelyn Caillet
Appearence;
961711-bigthumbnail.jpg

Physical Traits:
Eve Body Type is petite but she works hard so she is slightly muscled and what she loses in the muscle category she makes up for in her height she is around 8ft tall. Evelyn's skin is an ivory colour which clashes beautifully with her red curly hair which sits on her shoulders rebellious tendrils flowing onto her chest. Her face is oval shaped and her stunning blue almond shaped eyes pop out of her face. She has a Nubian nose and heart shaped lips which are soft and always brightly coloured. She dresses in a style of modern elegance mixing the newest items with her mothers old ones her clothes are tight fitting and slim. She wears a pendant around her neck in the shape of a cross
Age;22

Rank;
Brief Background; Eve parents Kase and Selo Caillet hunted before DAPPER even was thought of because on the night of their wedding day the Nazis struck and brand demons with them killing everyone at the wedding because a source had told them that it was a rebel meeting for some reason Kase and Selo were able to fend some of the beasts of when they figured out they could do this they scoured every book and store in Berlin to get mediocre equipment but none the less they began to slay demons Kase specialising in vampires and Selo ghosts they saved hundreds of lives and wventully the message got to D.A.P.P.E.R and they were offered a job they both agreed and moved to the station since monsters had tracked down their own house. But on the fifth week of their work Kase began to get morning sickness so she took a pregnancy test and it was positive they were scared that D.A.P.P.E.R would terminate her position but they wanted to keep the baby so they told the head of their department and he was overjoyed saying that dapper needed fresh blood. Nine months later Evelyn was born and her parents lived her to pieces but they were always on missions so she hardly saw them on her fourth birthday they asked her if she wanted to be like them when she grew up she nodded her head eagerly and they sighed worried for her life. But they reluctantly taught her to kill monsters from a young age they told her of the horrors of the world she was destressed but they comforted her and told her that one day she would help stop monsters like they did. On the day before she turned thirteen her mother and father were killed by a demon army the same one who had invaded their wedding but they saved the rest of their comrades. D.A.P.P.E.R took her in but she was no longer the playful child she was determined to kill and destroy and her emotions were frozen in time and she focused on studying all the time always to make sure that she could get revenge as quickly as possible and she got her wish becoming the youngest dapper agent at 15

Skills will include:
Area of Expertice; Hunting.
Major skill; Combat
Minor Skill; Academia

Inventory will include;
Weapons: Wired bow and arrow

attachment.php

Specialized Equpiment; She has a pendant with a stake on it, it was her mothers and people say it will keep her from harm
white-1-500x500.jpg

Oh dear. I am gonna have to deny you. I specifically stated you had to PM before. You again did not do so. You did not adress one of the most glaring mistakes and as such, I feel you are likely not fit for my kinds of RPs. I wish you luck elsewere, and hope you don't take this the wrong way.

Seen it. Liked it. You should post it :3

• Name; Josef Popescu
    Appearence; A 5'7 tall, dark haired and green eyed man with a otherwise very Slavic appearence. Josef is the product of two family trees that branch troughout europe. He wears a golden chain, given to him by his Grandmother when he was five. It is real gold, and hanging from it is a cross his family has own for 5 generations.
    mircea_cartarescu_by_cosmin_bumbutz.jpg

Age; 26
    Rank; Omega.
    Brief Background; Josef Popescu is Romanian. His people suffered under the Russians. Suffered badly. And before that, his father, a Roma, lost most of his family to the Nazis. So Josef knows that he has to be proud of who he is becouse much of it has been nearly erased. Josef saw his first car at the age of 6, his mothers family, far better then his father brought it by every so often. He was immedietly in love with its power and the sound it made. A young kid finding his calling early as it were. His father and mother both insisted that he'd learn all he could. And so he did.

But at the age of 14, his father mysteriusly dissaperared. Local villagers said it was a crazed wolf that gotten him, the same wolf had killed 3 others the same winter. They called it a werewolf. It turns out it was not a werewolf, but a stray Crypthound. Awakened by Red Star members who had themselves left the area with some artifact and left the hound to its own devices. 14 years old, and face to face with a Reanimated dog capable of killing a man in second. His reaction? Throw his cross at it. Trough some Miracle, the chain snagged in the beasts mouth, and the cross slid and stuck right in its gullet. Add to that the prayers of a scared child who strongly believes in god and you get a very sorry crypthound. Blind luck and faith had saved him and also made him aware of the other world. And it never left him.

At the age of 18, Josephs friend Arman got him over the Soviet/West border trough a local DAPPER agent. In turn, his friend brought said agent a object he had found, a alleged piece of the Kalevala from Finnish Myth. Said agent realized something was different with Josef, as he was not chocked. And a brief talk had the Agent convinced the boy needed surveillance

In the end, Joseph got a new passport as a French citizen, and on directives of his Agent contact, enlisted in its Forces. Then, at the age of 24, he as a trained member of the French Mechanized forces, got drafted into the organization.

• Skills will include:
    Area of Expertise; Rapid Response Deployment.
    Major skill; Combat; Assets protection
    Minor Skill; Driving, retrieval and extraction operations.

• Weapons; The weapon of choice for Josef is the RussianAk-47. Its sturdyness allows it to survive and also be used as a club. As someone who is bound to end up the muck and under pressure, he needs a reliable weapon that won't jam easily. He also carries on his person a 1911, a knife with gold worked into the edge, a knife done similarity in silver as well canisters of various concoctions against various Reanimated..

Specialized Equpiment; A man of incredibly intuitive mechanic skills and a born driver, Josef carries on him a small toolbox whenever he can, otherwise he has at least a few tools on his person.

> Golden cross; Family Heirloom. A old cross, valued by Josef more then his own life. Its a decently powerfull artifact due to the metal it is made of and the conviction that charges it.

> Tool belt; He wears a tool belt with a monkey wrench, tons of bits and pieces that can be used aswell as wires, adhesive and other things for on the fly repairs.

> ”The Turtle”; The car that saved his life so many times is a van that looks harmless enough. But its insides are reinforced with powerfull plating, capable of withstanding small arms fire. On the inside there is a compartment above the wheelhouse that holds grenades of different kinds. The roof has a compartment hiding assorted countermeasures like holy water. The front panel has a build in long range radio. The toad is his baby.
    >

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.