1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Nonbinary
  2. Agender
  3. Primarily Nonbinary
Last edited:
@Sarnai-Zaya

While i 100% understand being defensive in this situation, nobody here is claiming perfection, and nobody here is saying they know any better.
People are very good at noticing flaws in others but not themselves.

If you notice things that can be improved on in other folx character sheets, i would encourage you to express that openly, just as we do.

Its never a bad thing to be express, nor be open to, critique.
A well rounded discussion is fundamental, i think, to supporting a good team effort when doing group RPs. :)

No hard feelings, we're all mutuals here.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: EldridSmith
Let me explain my perspective briefly if I may.
I, like Ariel and Kat only listed a few general skills and let my background explain the rest of my role: I break in, whether by an explosion, information my client gave me (or I got on account of Ghost), or through a hacking tool I purchased for the mission, and either steal stuff, kill someone, plant fake evidence, etc. That's what he does for a living.

You on the other hand I'm having trouble associating with a role in the party to as your skills are currently very broad from what I see. I just want to understand what role you play in the party so I can properly make a connection with your character.

Charisma based Thief. Confidence Person, Con Woman. However she is a specialized thief in that she steals Cyberware and Security Schematics and information relating to them. At first it was for a corporation to get one up on their competition, now it is for the highest bidder, but between those pay outs she does a 'How Stuff Works" online show based off her understanding of some of the more popular pieces on the market.

A Jewel Thief knows jewels.
A Tech Thief knows their way around tech and the tech she steals is a niche market.

I do however feel the need to list out her specific skills because outside of them she does not have many. She was a workaholic by threat of force and now she isn't. So what that means to her? She has no idea yet and I was waiting for the world to unfold to see where that goes. Her life was work/sleep/work/sleep in an endless cycle. She was mostly okay with that after a while in the way someone with no way of their situation learns to say it's a new normal.

I am happy to talk concepts at length, really, but that's not to me the fun way to learn about someone's character.
Thanks for clearing that up for me, I was under a misconception regarding your skill set. I didn't mean to come off as confrontational so if I did I apologize for that.

• Ah Seen It
Reactions: Esper
hi, i'm assuming this thread is still open?
are you taking any more characters? specifically, antagonist-types?

The roleplay isn't specifically designed for antagonists as such,

But you're welcome to run one, but I

a) can't guarantee much crossplay with the main group, that'll depend on what level of antagonist you're going for.

b) Can't speak for everyone else on how they'll take an antagonist in the regular course of roleplay.

I'm attempting to aim for as much grit and realism as possible, but that means that the nature of a consistent antagonist means they are either an inconsequential "villain of the week" sort of thing, or they constitute such a massive threat as to be inhuman, and quite difficult to play as a result.

a) can't guarantee much crossplay with the main group, that'll depend on what level of antagonist you're going for.

b) Can't speak for everyone else on how they'll take an antagonist in the regular course of roleplay.

I'm attempting to aim for as much grit and realism as possible, but that means that the nature of a consistent antagonist means they are either an inconsequential "villain of the week" sort of thing, or they constitute such a massive threat as to be inhuman, and quite difficult to play as a result.

i see. thanks for clarifying!

in that case, i can switch the idea i had in mind to support a more middle-ground character,, that is, if you're still taking them.
assuming for a world such as this one, there'd be propaganda strewn about - which is roughly a theme i wanted to explore with said character.

i see. thanks for clarifying!

in that case, i can switch the idea i had in mind to support a more middle-ground character,, that is, if you're still taking them.
assuming for a world such as this one, there'd be propaganda strewn about - which is roughly a theme i wanted to explore with said character.

if you'd like to do some rough outlining for both and pm me about it, i'd be more than willing to give some feedback

im not opposed to either idea, just dunno how to integrate them as things are. but if you've got a thicc enough idea id definitely look into making it work.

@redcatalyst

Tbh a lot of the main story we'll be looking at involved the idea of characters from various walks of life working toward a common goal.

whether that goal is moral or self serving is kinda one of the neat thoughts to have about it.

so while i dont know how id efficiently work in a full on villain, a middle of the road type of character is definitely feasible.

@redcatalyst

Tbh a lot of the main story we'll be looking at involved the idea of characters from various walks of life working toward a common goal.

whether that goal is moral or self serving is kinda one of the neat thoughts to have about it.

so while i dont know how id efficiently work in a full on villain, a middle of the road type of character is definitely feasible.

i getcha! i can elaborate more on what i had in mind via pm but iwaku won't let me initiate
could you pm me first so that way i can find it through my notifications?

@redcatalyst if you are still struggling to figure out a villain, i'd love to toss a plot bunny your way! the character wouldn't be a main villain, but he would be a villain nonetheless.

• OMG
Reactions: WinterO
@redcatalyst if you are still struggling to figure out a villain, i'd love to toss a plot bunny your way! the character wouldn't be a main villain, but he would be a villain nonetheless.
awesome!! i'll take all the help i can get!! i am probably going to change up my idea to be more of a 'friendly' but im still taking ideas!

Reactions: junebug
awesome!! i'll take all the help i can get!! i am probably going to change up my idea to be more of a 'friendly' but im still taking ideas!

if you read aqua's bio, her father has a rival named daichi matsuda. at one point in time, daichi was intent on abducting aqua for ransom, however, that failed, as aqua's father sent aqua and his wife to russia to (hopefully) get away from daichi. he died later from a gunshot wound, either by daichi or one of his men.

aqua is currently working as a dancer, content with her life for now, but is unaware that daichi is still hunting her down (and has likely contracted december- aqua's friend (for now) to either kill her on the spot or bring her to him unharmed). to find out in an unruly way that he somehow ended up in russia and near the same city she lives in would be insane and i think open up a lot plotting wise.

there's a lot of wiggle room here, so i wanted to offer this up as an alternative, if you end up feeling unable to figure something out. :)

if you read aqua's bio, her father has a rival named daichi matsuda. at one point in time, daichi was intent on abducting aqua for ransom, however, that failed, as aqua's father sent aqua and his wife to russia to (hopefully) get away from daichi. he died later from a gunshot wound, either by daichi or one of his men.

aqua is currently working as a dancer, content with her life for now, but is unaware that daichi is still hunting her down (and has likely contracted december- aqua's friend (for now) to either kill her on the spot or bring her to him unharmed). to find out in an unruly way that he somehow ended up in russia and near the same city she lives in would be insane and i think open up a lot plotting wise.

there's a lot of wiggle room here, so i wanted to offer this up as an alternative, if you end up feeling unable to figure something out. :)
ah cool! i'm in the middle of writing up my charac's bio and i have them acting as the techie-mercenary type, working indiscriminately so long as they're paid.

i think with what you've told me, it'd be interesting to see maybe matsuda or even aqua use said character as a sort of spy network to keep track of each other. obviously i haven't fleshed out my character just yet, but i want to keep their skill set flexible to allow for character interaction and vice versa :DD

ah cool! i'm in the middle of writing up my charac's bio and i have them acting as the techie-mercenary type, working indiscriminately so long as they're paid.

i think with what you've told me, it'd be interesting to see maybe matsuda or even aqua use said character as a sort of spy network to keep track of each other. obviously i haven't fleshed out my character just yet, but i want to keep their skill set flexible to allow for character interaction and vice versa :DD

all goodie! thank you so much! maybe your character is double playing both. xD working for aqua but also working for matsuda- idk if that'd be a thing they'd do, but funny to think about. if not, aqua would definitely hire. owo

all goodie! thank you so much! maybe your character is double playing both. xD working for aqua but also working for matsuda- idk if that'd be a thing they'd do, but funny to think about. if not, aqua would definitely hire. owo
oh yes! i'd certainly love to entertain that concept :)) my character is by no means a 'goodie', so everything is a possibility and nothing is off-limits (for a price)

• According to Plan
Last edited:
@Esper @Sarnai-Zaya I'm looking to have connections and since you both are also mercenaries it's likely we've worked together before on bigger missions.

Last edited:
So everyone is free to assume that Ghost Tiger has been in contact with them and would like their involvement in solving the problem of the Typhoon's arrest.