2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Nonbinary
  2. Agender
  3. Primarily Nonbinary
Last edited:
@Sarnai-Zaya
@Esper

Heyo, I don't wanna seem like Im shutting anyone down, 100% hype to have ya'll on board.

h o w e v e r -

I'd like to ask that you move your character sheets over to the main page, firstly, because its become clear that my code was busted and doesn't work, so I updated it; secondly because I'd like to be able to look over everyone's sheets, discuss whatever needs discussing or not, and then post them all in the characters page myself, entirely because I am an organization freak and it would bother me otherwise.

I thank you both so much in advance lol.

Reactions: Esper
@Ariel @EldridSmith

Honestly I think it's entirely likely that both your characters have had or will eventually have something to do with mine.

Although I've been hesitant to disclose too much and potentially spill important story information in the name of the metagame.

idk.

Reactions: EldridSmith
@Ariel @EldridSmith

Honestly I think it's entirely likely that both your characters have had or will eventually have something to do with mine.

Although I've been hesitant to disclose too much and potentially spill important story information in the name of the metagame.

idk.

Well... obviously our characters would know what they've already experienced, so it shouldn't spoil anything to tell us what they already know.

@WinterO

A few questions!

1.) Is this an overarching plot with side plots for our characters?

2.) Are there NPCs within the different sectors? If so, who is the owner NPC for Aqvarivs Nightclub?

3.) How do all the sectors tie together plot-wise? Do they trade with each other?

4.) Are we focusing more on one sector in the roleplay? If so, which one?

5.) How would all of our characters tie together in a plot?

@Kat

@WinterO

A few questions!

2.) Are there NPCs within the different sectors? If so, who is the owner NPC for Aqvarivs Nightclub?

3.) How do all the sectors tie together plot-wise? Do they trade with each other?

1. Yes, more or less, whether or not the side plots are character-centric will be left to the roleplaying. The RP will basically consist of sections (that ill do my best to mark with breaks, notifications, setting labels or other little inserts) that are either main plot progression, or sand-box style character progression. if that makes sense. i havent tested this style before but i've got a good feeling itll work nicely.

2. yes ofc. The only NPCs i personally handle are the members of Decade, for plot reasons. I'm perfectly willing to let anyone who wants to use Darren for plotting do so, provided they're willing to have a short discussion about the character, their personality, motivations etc. If theres enough discussion about, i guess, NPC sharing(?) I wouldn't be opposed to setting up a character page for NPCs where we can kinda aggregate peoples creations in one place, as well as let others read up on how to play them. Darren owns the Aquarius club, i think it states as much on the lore page, but ill check.

3. The sectors are just different parts of the city, in the meta-game, they're there for organization, in-game they're sociological labels given to distinct areas, like exists in large cities such as NYC.

4. no sector will be specifically focused on, however each sector will definitely house specific plot points as the main story progresses. :3

5. without giving away too many twists and turns, the idea is that the central conflict will include a party that exists solely to be a mutual antagonist for all the player characters, and the first act may also include, if necessary, other plot points to include any outliers, as the main goal of the introduction of the roleplay will be to bring the characters together. this will arguably be the most complex part to write, as i'd like it to be as organic as possible without forcing players to write their characters into predestined situations. The goal remains the same though, so the first post will be the impetus, and the beginning of the roleplay will include the players response, and if that isn't enough to organically draw them together, ill write in a push or pull here and there if necessary. i just want to be able to let people *experience* a story, as well as create it as they go. :3

Reactions: junebug
@Kat

@WinterO

A few questions!

1. Yes, more or less, whether or not the side plots are character-centric will be left to the roleplaying. The RP will basically consist of sections (that ill do my best to mark with breaks, notifications, setting labels or other little inserts) that are either main plot progression, or sand-box style character progression. if that makes sense. i havent tested this style before but i've got a good feeling itll work nicely.

2. yes ofc. The only NPCs i personally handle are the members of Decade, for plot reasons. I'm perfectly willing to let anyone who wants to use Darren for plotting do so, provided they're willing to have a short discussion about the character, their personality, motivations etc. If theres enough discussion about, i guess, NPC sharing(?) I wouldn't be opposed to setting up a character page for NPCs where we can kinda aggregate peoples creations in one place, as well as let others read up on how to play them. Darren owns the Aquarius club, i think it states as much on the lore page, but ill check.

3. The sectors are just different parts of the city, in the meta-game, they're there for organization, in-game they're sociological labels given to distinct areas, like exists in large cities such as NYC.

4. no sector will be specifically focused on, however each sector will definitely house specific plot points as the main story progresses. :3

5. without giving away too many twists and turns, the idea is that the central conflict will include a party that exists solely to be a mutual antagonist for all the player characters, and the first act may also include, if necessary, other plot points to include any outliers, as the main goal of the introduction of the roleplay will be to bring the characters together. this will arguably be the most complex part to write, as i'd like it to be as organic as possible without forcing players to write their characters into predestined situations. The goal remains the same though, so the first post will be the impetus, and the beginning of the roleplay will include the players response, and if that isn't enough to organically draw them together, ill write in a push or pull here and there if necessary. i just want to be able to let people *experience* a story, as well as create it as they go. :3

Thank you so much for your well-rounded answers! I'm still figuring everything out, so I probably missed that Darren was the owner of the Aquarius club. With that in mind, what are the different roles there? What does it take to get to the "manager" status beneath him? Besides dancing, what else does the nightclub have for entertainment? Are there androids who are employees or is it just humans?

@Kat

@WinterO

A few questions!

Thank you so much for your well-rounded answers! I'm still figuring everything out, so I probably missed that Darren was the owner of the Aquarius club. With that in mind, what are the different roles there? What does it take to get to the "manager" status beneath him? Besides dancing, what else does the nightclub have for entertainment? Are there androids who are employees or is it just humans?

@Kat

maybe at this point it might be more discerning to just let me know what you have in mind lol.

The Aquarius Nightclub is almost less of a club and more terrorist den. It operates directly under the advisory of Darren, with the goal of being a discreet location for miscreant and subversive folk to gather without being disturbed.

AS SUCH

every bartender, bouncer, dancer, and docent is handpicked by Darren to make perfectly sure that not a single eye nor ear of the industrial demon can get behind those walls.

If you or someone you know would like to work there, they'd better know Darren or someone close to him.

to follow up on your other questions, i'm sure the range of employment at Aquarius stretches the entire technological gamut. As for entertainment, live music, Virtual Reality, drugs probably, drinking, darts, laser darts, pool, idk. its a nightclub. :^)

@Kat

@WinterO

A few questions!

@Kat

maybe at this point it might be more discerning to just let me know what you have in mind lol.

The Aquarius Nightclub is almost less of a club and more terrorist den. It operates directly under the advisory of Darren, with the goal of being a discreet location for miscreant and subversive folk to gather without being disturbed.

AS SUCH

every bartender, bouncer, dancer, and docent is handpicked by Darren to make perfectly sure that not a single eye nor ear of the industrial demon can get behind those walls.

If you or someone you know would like to work there, they'd better know Darren or someone close to him.

to follow up on your other questions, i'm sure the range of employment at Aquarius stretches the entire technological gamut. As for entertainment, live music, Virtual Reality, drugs probably, drinking, darts, laser darts, pool, idk. its a nightclub. :^)

Lol I want my character to rise within the ranks from basically being a nobody/dancer/whatever to a more high class role managing the ladies and what not so to speak! xD Which was why I asked how that happens, so I can be informed. She could know someone close to him? Though I'd want to work with you and who that is lol.

Reactions: WinterO
@Kat

well, do you have any other sorts of background for me to work with?

my half character/half npc December basically lives at the club, a sort of surrogate child for Darren. although They're a dangerous and borderline unhinged young assassin with a bone to pick with the world.

so, +/- points for that.

in any case, come up with something interesting and Its not like I'm going to say no.

There being a decent history to the club and its people, i would just want you to formulate a decent background for your character too, just so there's enough meat to sink the teeth of destiny into.

@Kat

my half character/half npc December basically lives at the club, a sort of surrogate child for Darren. although They're a dangerous and borderline unhinged young assassin with a bone to pick with the world.

so, +/- points for that.

in any case, come up with something interesting and Its not like I'm going to say no.

There being a decent history to the club and its people, i would just want you to formulate a decent background for your character too, just so there's enough meat to sink the teeth of destiny into.

Oh yeah, no doubt. I'm still working on her and still trying to figure out her history.

@Kat

so, +/- points for that.

Oh yeah, no doubt. I'm still working on her and still trying to figure out her history.

whell lemme know if you need anything. :>

happy to provide any info i can, so long as it doesn't ruin plot.

@Kat

so, +/- points for that.

whell lemme know if you need anything. :>

happy to provide any info i can, so long as it doesn't ruin plot.

Totally! We can continue in PM. X)

Reactions: WinterO
@Sarnai-Zaya
@EldridSmith
@Ariel
@Esper
@Kat

I think we might actually be able to start up once Kat finishes their sheet.

I thought about it and i figure a gender balance isn't exactly necessary for plot or progression by any means, and I'd rather not keep everyone hanging. so yeah.

If anyone has anything they want to talk about, discuss, or plot before then let me know. :>

Also: The Discord.

@Ariel needn't click that link since you're actually already in the discord from last time.

I will say that's a lot of skills for only being 21...

Reactions: junebug and Ariel
Depends how good those skills are. I guess it's fine if they're kind of entry-level. Just a more comprehensive listing. I'd assume Ghost Tiger would know a fair bit about cyberware just so she doesn't get ripped off by dealers, for example, and the merc would need to be able to maintain his gear at a basic level.

It's only really an issue if they're supposed to be professional-grade at all those things.

Frankly I think the bigger issue is when characters don't have a clear role to play in the narrative. I really don't particularly mind if a character is a bit of a Mary Sue, as long as it makes sense in the story. What's more important is that they don't just end up trying to do everything important and stepping on everyone else's toes when it's their time to have a turn in the spotlight.

I thought about it and i figure a gender balance isn't exactly necessary for plot or progression by any means, and I'd rather not keep everyone hanging. so yeah.

So much yes.

I mean, I'm a little annoyed that we even have to think about gender balance when nobody usually cares if a story is a total sausage-fest. Be nice if a story actually passes the Bechdel Test naturally, without having to work at it.

I'm on board with you both @Ariel @EldridSmith My character is 26 and she has three skills that are "cyberpunk style" so to speak.

@Esper

@Ariel @EldridSmith

Im gonna be honest, I think it would be better to discuss all of this openly, with the whole crew.

so

So, a couple of other players have come to me regarding your character, positing that her skillset is indeed a bit too much, no matter how you slice it.

She's young, and bears so many wildly differing talents as to be considered a genius.

even if that were the explanation i don't know that i could accept a character that powerful in good faith.

it just has too much potential to break the entire story.

-so-

If we can work out a more reasonable skillset, reach an understanding on where your character's power level ought to be, i think this'll work out.

otherwise, we may want to consider other options.

My first instinct would be, why dont we try cutting down her power set to say, 3 skills.

plus maybe 2-3 languages she was taught as a child perhaps, and a few unique weapons.

i just want to get across how important it is to have a well rounded character that doesnt just balance their strengths and weaknesses, but has those qualities reigned in, to the level of their teammates.

another player made a good example, to think of it like a classic RPG situation, each character has a class, with specific specialties and a set of skills they gain as they level up.

so, a character who is 50 years old might be pretty capable after that long, but someone who's only in their 20s or even 30s is a lot more limited, even if they specialize.

lemme know how it goes and we'll talk more! :3
She isn't that powerful really and definitely lacks combat experience. I did notice a lack of a flaws section so to speak as well. 2 or 3 languages is fine.

She is a flawed character though in that yes she had a charmed life if you could call it that and now no longer does. So even if she has connections she lacks financial resources to support her old lifestyle . The connections was put there as a plot hook to insert into the story.

Being a student of another persons character means she doesn't really know that much as hacking goes.

She also has basically what amounts to a lot of expensive stuff she now has to maintain herself.
So being a mechanic and an actual engineer also is different. Where she is not herself building anything.

She would know security and amounts to what is a party face someone paid a lot of money to make, but before that she was stealing fairly specific things.

So currently her flaws are:
-She actually has to work to maintain her own equipment by stealing/internet work.

-She lacks money to flat out buy things even if she has a few criminal connections. No one is writing those checks for her to pay people now and they probably aren't going to do things for free.

-She is not a combatant in a world that is corrupt to the bone. She knows some self defense, which against a dedicated soldier or security team she would come out on the losing end without a team.

She uses deception and whatever poison she can scrounge up. Poison (since realism) works in doses and a large person v small person and a number of other factors come into play there. It's not a Deus Ex she can pull out when she wants.

-She is learning to hack but mostly relies on an actual hacker (Rook) to be doing anything. At most currently she knows how to insert Malware, Trojans, Spyware, and Ransomware that Rook cooks up in order to compromise systems and get paid.

So there is plenty of flaws within that where she cannot out combat a combatant. Can't outhack a hacker. She's a face with limited experience of being on her own because her whole life was training and specific objectives in stealing.

So to tie that to your analogy: A Charisma Thief/Rogue who has expensive body shifting toys and relies on others working with her to get by.

Thats the DMs so far, so folx can see what we've brought up. honestly i feel like ariel and eldrid are actually more attuned to these kinds of details than I, or at least know how to articulate them better.

and TRULY, i think we're all almost on the same page, just at a slight disagreement on how to show it. so lets just get this out of the way so we can all have fun!