Usually
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
I like most. It's the plot that decides.
YtPaNd5.png

I'm going with memory pry. Keep it low and get an honest answer out of people once. The others are too risky in all regards.

I'm going with memory pry. Keep it low and get an honest answer out of people once. The others are too risky in all regards.
I guess I can see that. Memory Pry will secure you a solid job as either interrogator, spy, or something similar. Still, Lost Reality is super OP, disregarding the moral concerns.

I guess I can see that. Memory Pry will secure you a solid job as either interrogator, spy, or something similar. Still, Lost Reality is super OP, disregarding the moral concerns.

Lost reality also has a major drawback. It won't do you any good if you don't know the other choices and which reality is better. Also, when you refuse it, the time passage can really screw you. Say, you keep a split reality for seventeen years. ( You do it on your 13th Birthday initially.) In one reality, you are a rich successful Bachelor who owns multiple company, the other is a poor broke father who has two loving twins. Rich bachelor you destroys the other reality on the seventeen year, assuming you didn't care about it. Ignoring the moral obligation, when you finally wake up, you are 30, are rich but have no memory of seventeen years of your life. You don't even know the type of person you became.

Lost reality also has a major drawback. It won't do you any good if you don't know the other choices and which reality is better. Also, when you refuse it, the time passage can really screw you. Say, you keep a split reality for seventeen years. ( You do it on your 13th Birthday initially.) In one reality, you are a rich successful Bachelor who owns multiple company, the other is a poor broke father who has two loving twins. Rich bachelor you destroys the other reality on the seventeen year, assuming you didn't care about it. Ignoring the moral obligation, when you finally wake up, you are 30, are rich but have no memory of seventeen years of your life. You don't even know the type of person you became.
That would be a problem, yes, but why would anyone keep a split for so long anyways?

You can just
>Go to football game or w/e
>Split reality
>Bet a substantial amount on either team in each reality
>At the end, write on a note who won, and if it was the team you in this reality betted for, close the other.
>???
>Profit

@IntrusivePenDesperateSword But who is to say that the same teams in both alternate realities? Perhaps when you do the split or by some unfortunate butterfly effect in one reality, the team you bet on loses in both reality. You would be down a ton of money in both realities. Also, whose to say that the team you voted for won in both realities? Then which loop closes? Also, what happens if both doppelgangers close the loop at the same time? Does that break reality?

@IntrusivePenDesperateSword But who is to say that the same teams in both alternate realities? Perhaps when you do the split or by some unfortunate butterfly effect in one reality, the team you bet on loses in both reality. You would be down a ton of money in both realities. Also, whose to say that the team you voted for won in both realities? Then which loop closes? Also, what happens if both doppelgangers close the loop at the same time? Does that break reality?
You break the moment you place your bet, none of which the teams playing know about. Sure, the fact that one me sits on one tribune and the other me on the other could have some effect on the match, but that seems so hugely unlikely that by the time that makes a difference to the game, I should have made enough of a fortune to survive a loss.

In the case they both win, which again is quite unlikely, that little change in me would almost certainly be enough to ensure collapsing doesn't happen simultaneously.

None of these hugely appeal to me. My ideal super power has always been shape shifting, which has much fewer drawbacks then these psychic/quantum powers. But of the ones available, I think I'd either pick the Lost Reality or Vicarious Sight powers.

Lost Reality sounds cool because you could really explore the butterfly effect. You may lose your memories of the time you spent in a reality, but you still remember that you have the power to split dimensions for yourself. Like @IntrusivePenDesperateSword said, you can always summarize what happened in a note or on paper before closing realities. Just keep an interdimensional journal and you can keep track of the changes you make and the realities you jump into. The only potential problem is not knowing how the other you is doing. What if you both tried to close your realities at the same time? I mean, it's a long shot, but still pretty scary.

Vicarious Sight is a sort of power you'd have to use very carefully. My first thought was that it could be used to spend some time following loved ones or other people you're concerned about and getting a deeper insight into their lives. It would be an ability that could easily make you into the best negotiator/humanitarian on the planet because you have first-person insight into another person's needs.

Think of the two I'd go for the Lost Reality, personally. Again, that's just 'cause you don't have shape-shifting. :P