Cyberpunk Cowboy

P

Pirogeth

Original poster
Cyberpunk Cowboy OOC

Cyberpunk Cowboy IC

There have been two cities here for as long as anyone could remember. Their centers were spaced exactly one hundred miles apart. The cities have been living, breathing, and growing since a time before any memory. The cities have always been called West City and Lor.

[align=center]
ChicagoAtNight2.jpg
[/align]

Lor sits on the ocean’s side as West City is farther inland. There life has existed for numerous years and accomplishments made in the fields of engineering to modern science. There had been some predictions as to what the future would look like, but it was far more glamorous than what was there. Both cities could not get along with each other for one reason, the efficiency in the consumption of resources left to them. Between them exists five separate groups made from this perceived problem.

The first two are the governments of West City and Lor. They have been fighting on the political end for sometime as to how to spend their resources. Judging from the recent heated debates, one could say they are on a long road. There was no sign of them getting along for awhile and this fear of depleting resources and hatred of the other city filtered down into the civilians. This spawned the next two groups.

The gangs known as Seven Lor resides in the poverty ridden zones of the Oceanside city. With the area left unchecked by the police trying to quell civilian riots against the other, the gang itself has made a big name as well as a large roster. They fight against the a gang from West City known as The Desert Outlaws. Both gangs believe in their government and take arms to them even though not ordered to.

Finally there is one more group that was established as a grey area between the cities. Nobody knows where their headquarters is and seems to be the focus of both cities’ governments. They call themselves The Cowboys, a group of rebels living on their own somewhere outside the cities. There are many rumors that float around about them, but the one major one is that they despise the government and everything about them.

Each group has their own arsenal to combat with each other. The government relies on words and their police edge while the gangs and cowboys rely on slightly older weaponry. While the gangs can get a hold of semi-automatic glocks the cowboys can only get six shot revolvers.

All five groups have a reason to argue and fight as well as the means to do so, but the story of these two cities begins on the news.

“Last night a gang rivalry dispute happened at a local Lor warehouse. There were reports of nearly hundreds of shots that night. Three people were found dead and eighteen critically wounded. When our reporter on the scene tried to get a comment on what was stored there the government had no comment.”

I hope this sets a good scene for you. Don’t be afraid to ask questions as I am willing to make guides on each of your questions. Now onto the Character Sheets.

[IMPORTANT NOTE] In case you are wondering the level of Technology, there is no plasma weaponry. Think near future technology and each city uses computers as more of a means to compute data rather than socialize.

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Equipment: (This is for weapons, and other valuables you would like to mention.)

Profession: (What your character is good at.)

Faction:

Main Reason: (the main reason why you choose to join the faction you choose.)

History:

Sweet...I think I may sign up for the Lor faction. ^_^

Not looking at the involvement of Law Enforcment for this'n?

Well I know you are looking to use some major military grade tactical armaments...thing is there is no need for them. Two cities, why would they need a military? And as for the guards, I guess that deserves it's own guide.

City Guard - The city guard is clothed from head to toe in plastic based armor. The helmet itself has two occular receptors to display multi visuals inside the helmet itself. The armor can take a bullet from the weaponry the gangs and cowboys own. They themselves carry normally a pistol as well as handcuffs. The SWAT members carry slightly heavier armaments with something equal to an M4 Carbine of today and tear gas.

I wasn't saying about military.

I was talking about Police.

Christ, every time I mention a governing body people think I'm talking about the military.

Fuckin' A...

Also, the SPZ-15 is a pretty sweet semi-auto shotgun.

Well I'm sorry for misjudging your intent. Anyway I'd say someone in the law would have a hard time interacting in the roleplay unless they are an inside man that defects to say the Cowboys.

Sounds like fun.

I'm going to do some research right quick.

Name: Jeremy Aldeen

Appearance:
[align=center]
anime-smart-boy.jpg
[/align]

Personality: Believes in truth and honesty. Nothing is more valuable than a bond of friendship.

Equipment: He knows how to handle a revolver that the Cowboys use. He also has been given a unique item that can help hack into any system.

Profession: He is studying to be a programmer for advancing engineering technologies. He is no stranger to the keyboard.

Faction: Cowboy

Main Reason: Because he believes in the pursuit of truth and honesty he believes that peace must exist as well. To join the grey area of the Cowboys is the first step towards peace.

History: Jeremy and his brother Mori had lived together ever since their parents died in a car crash. His brother always wanted him to succeed in school and to not know of his own second life. Jeremy was oblivious to Mori’s actions and continued to study to be a programmer.

After realizing that he could put his talents to greater use, secretly Jeremy joined the Cowboys. At the same time he was entirely oblivious to his brother’s participation in the Seven Lor. In that night at the warehouse, a device was stolen, a device given to Jeremy to hide.

His brother came home that night, bloody from the gun battle. At the house, Mori sat there in pain as Jeremy analyzed the device he was given. On the side it read M.P.S.I.D. Multi-port System Infiltration Device. Hot on their trail, both the Cowboys and the Government Police Force found the house. Jeremy escaped with the Cowboys not knowing what happened to Mori.

Name: Rodger “Mr. Universe” Crook

Appearance:

Bones-bones-35837_768_1024.jpg

Personality: Always ready to take a unique perspective on everything many find it extremely difficult to talk to him. When on the subject of conspiracies he talks too fast and about subjects so bizarre no one can understand what hes talking about, and it is clear he spends too much time indoors away from reality.

Equipment: Computer, encryption crackers, Wireless Internet capable PDA,

Profession: Reporter for 'Doublespeak' The facts you did not want to know, and online newspaper

Faction: West City civilian

Main Reason: He was born in west city.

History: Son of a rich businessman Rodger never had to work, instead he spent all his time investigating the rebellion on the internet. The hobby became his life until one day he discovered that he believed to be a massive conspiracy that explained everything. After ranting in several forums he was asked to write articles by Doublespeak.

Name: Adalae Ryder

Appearance:
Commission__Savayan_by_ionen.jpg

Personality: Pretty reserved and quiet most of the time. Very vengeful and can hold a grudge for a long time. A person of few words, but it's usually important when she speaks.

Equipment: 2 Pistols, AK-47, Sniper rifle, various blades, a very old copy of Alice in Wonderland.

Profession: Sniper/Assassin

Faction: Seven Nor

Main Reason: Grew up in Oceanside City

History: Grew up in the gang. Her parents were in the top ranks. On a raid from the Cowboys when she was 10, both of her parents were killed. The rest of the gang took her in and taught her all that she knew.
Most of her life and motive revolves around her parents and avenging their death.

Name: Caine Westwood

Appearance:http://kobe85.deviantart.com/art/gunslinger-spawn-57997022

Personality: A gangster; He has little regard for society or the government that regulates it. His morals are what some would call disgusting. Surrounded by killing since birth Caine is near to immune to violence. He has a quick temper that more often than not gets the better of him as he explodes with anger on friends and enemies alike.

Equipment: 2 Clot 45 pistols. Usually carries at least 30 rounds of hollow point ammunition as well. When he is on his Bike he also carries a sawn off shot gun in the saddle bags.

Profession: As a loyal member of the desert outlaws, Caine has always been a criminal. He has a keen understanding of what it takes to live outside of the law.

Faction: Desert outlaws

Main Reason: Born to a whore and a former high ranking member of the outlaws; It's the only life Caine knows

History: Abandoned at birth and brought up on the streets of west city; Caine has been a criminal since he could walk. At the age of 13 he was inducted into the Desert outlaws and hasn't looked back since. Along the way he has picked up a few good friends, but has lost twice that many to the streets. The blood bath between the two citys in their constant struggle for resources has really been the only life he has known.

Name: Louis Alder

Appearance:
Finleycopy.jpg

Personality: Talkative, Calm, and quite eager when the chance arises to test his mettle in combat.

Equipment: Brass Knuckles, Small 32. Pistol, Pickelhaube Helmet

Profession: Hand-to-hand combat, Mercenary jobs, could consist of most anything the employer wants him to do involving anything from a personal bodyguard to manual labor.

Faction: Desert Outlaws

Main Reason: Loose morals and rules provide Louis with an easy-to-follow group to fall back on when the need arises, or provides a job or chance to shine his knuckle-dusters.

History: Raised in a small community in west city at an orphanage, him and his friends would fist-fight each other in small competitions for enjoyment. As Louis grew, this eventually blossomed into a full-on profession and skill, whether it be used as a diplomacy tool in a saloon or protecting transporting goods. His induction into the Desert Outlaws is merely a resource for Louis, and extra manpower for them if the need arises.

Stay tuned in the near future (that is the next 24 hours) I'll have the IC up as well as a brief summary on who the Desert Outlaws, Cowboys, and Seven Lor really is.

Sweeeeet. ^^

More people should have joined Seven Nor. LOL

Maybe I'll make a character for seven lor.

I must apologize for my forced absence. The computer pooped out on me the past few days not even allowing me to work offline to get the gang info done. I promise so long as this thing is living I shall get what I can done.

[align=center]
desertoutlaws.jpg
[/align]

The desert outlaws are a step above an average street gang, but far down the ladder from an organized faction. While most of their efforts are directed towards the constant war for resources between the two cities, sometimes they can be found committing robberies for the advancement of the gang. They are involved in everything from common extortion to vicious murder

The Outlaws always travel in packs of at least 3 or 4. Their total number is unknown but is suspected to be in the mid 30's.

Attire: Usually, most outlaw members wear dark colors including black leather jackets or trench coats, pilots jackets and denim coats. As they are always riding bikes, long pants are also a must. Every member also carries red on their bodies, either a cape or a scarf - or even just a sash tied around the leg or arm. The red is the mark of an Outlaw and it symbolizes the bloodshed between the two cities, and more than that the lost lives of fellow Outlaws.

Every member of the outlaws rides a motorcycle. Usually they ride smaller, faster, more maneuverable bikes with light weight and high torc. They are famous for "ride by" shootings as well as throwing various explosives for their bikes on to their enemies.

The Outlaws Fight for the advancement of their city, West city, as well as that of their gang. They are sworn enemies with Seven Lor, but given their reckless nature they are just as soon to shoot it out with the government or just about anyone who stands in their way, because at the end of the day all the outlaws are are bloodthirsty killers.

[align=center]
sevenlor.jpg
[/align]

The Seven Lor, a notorious group of gangsters from Lor whose only desire is to see that they own the resources that are shipped in via the ports. They control all the empty warehouses on the bay and some of the filled ones. They store their supplies there making them a gang well to do. As per their name they operate in sevens. Their groupings are made of seven with seven subordinates to the one leader. The leader himself/herself has never outright shown their face to any faction. They remain in the dark as the mysterious leader who governs Lor.

Attire: As the Desert Outlaws wear red it comes natural for the Seven Lor to wear blue. Although it is not a scarf their shirts are usually the give away. They also wear suits with a symbol embroidered onto their left coat pocket. The symbol’s decoration is up to the given member and it has become a trend to make their own for their given rank in the gang. The trimming on these self made symbols are usually gold.

Transportation: For transportation they use cars as the members in this gang are older than the ones who join The Desert Outlaws. Their average age ranges from 25-30 and are always open to new members.

Fighting For: What Lor fights for is better distribution of the resources and they believe that West City has been too greedy in their needs. Cutting back on their supply means conflict and that means gang wars between them. Although their weaponry is limited to basic pistols it still can be brutal bloody fights.

[align=center]
cowboy.jpg
[/align]

The Cowboys, a group of rebellious interlopers to the government, just another gang of idiots to the city gangs. There are many rumors spread about them and none are confirmed or denied. The ones most accepted are that they live somewhere out in the middle of the wasteland between the two cities. It is comprised of numerous different individuals and they are the focus of the government’s police force.

Attire: They do not like to be known but when they do want to be they are wearing cowboy hats and long two tailed black coats with a holster for a six shooter easily accessible.

Capabilities: Now they make look old school but they are also a team of some pretty damn good technicians and designers. A good team could probably take over a corporate building in a matter of minutes. They are a pretty good shot with their guns but as with any pistol it is still luck that guides the bullets.

Fighting For: Nobody knows what they fight for besides the fact that they are a grey area between the two gangs. They just assume they fight for the resources that are depleting rapidly.

And here is the IC everyone. I’ll also update the first post. Cyberpunk Cowboy IC

Convenient that my character wears a leather jacket then.