Cyber Personifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serpentplayer.exe grinned, clearly proud of her job. "Well, I am very important around here! I am a video game emulator, which means I can run video game programs. Usually you would need a DS or a XBox360 or whatever you use to game and a game cartridge or disc, but not with me!" She puffed out her chest slightly. She certainly was prideful. She thought for a second then said "What do you do around here?"

hearing the yells of command popup Puppy goes to investigate and finds a program sitting there she seemed distressed "hey is everything ok" puppie asks

"Um..." Blu considered what Serpentplayer.exe had said, surprised by the enthusiasm. "Um... I'm just a compiler... Assuming an emulator is some sort of virtual machine, then what, may I ask, is a video game," -- her voice cuts out for a second -- "an 'XBox360', and a 'cartridge'?" She scratched her head with the unmarked arm and swallowed, glancing across at the PuppyLinux instance, scowling slightly once more when she can't find any documentation of her format.

Serpent smiled at Puppy and said cheerfully "I'm fine!". She thought for a while then said "A video game is like an entirely different world, built solely to entertain you." She chewed on a french fry, swallowed it, then continued "A cartridge is like what the world is built on, and an XBox360 is a brand of gaming...device... that can run a gaming disc...and....uh...." Her voice trails off. She is having a bit of trouble explaining it. "The gaming device is a....A-A-A-A-A-A-A." Serpentplayer suddenly starts twitching and an error displays on her eyes. "Serpentplayer.exe has stopped responding." A cursor appears on her eyes and it clicks "End now". She closes her eyes, then slowly opens them again. "Sorry about that. There are tons of glitches in my software. Anyways....A gaming device, like the XBox360 sort of...runs the world on the cartridge, it makes the world...work." She nodded, satisfied with her explanation.

Blu looks back at Serpent and tilts her head, wondering when Serpent's author was going to patch and recompile her, or if she even had just one single author. Holding up her wrist, the one with the alpha symbol emblazoned in blue pixels, Blu asks "Are you still in development, too? Who is your developer?" She shoves the hand back in her pocket before casting a nervous glance around the Station.

SpecOp saw the commotion and briskly walked over to the group "trouble?" His assault rifle is held low as he scans the area for possible threats.

Serpentplayer.exe grinned and said proudly "I have the best developer in the whole wide world! No one know's his real name but, he calls himself..." She paused for dramatic effect. "Der Ritter! You know, like the mythological creature!" She looked off into the distance with a dreamy look in her eyes. "I'm still in development, but thats okay...As long as he is the one working on me."

Blu nodded slowly, a tad uneased by Serpent's enthusiasm. What is she doing here?, Blu wondered. Did she escape, too? Or some kind of 'public beta' that the older programs had spoken of? "Alright..." Glancing over at SpecOps, she scratches her right arm. "I think we are functioning without disastrous abnormality, sir." He looks like some kind of watchdog. Best steer clear unless new data presents itself.

SpecOps returned to a normal stance and slung his weapon over his shoulder. "affirmative". He looked at the two programs curiously "are two new immigrants as well?". He observes how Blu is warily watching him, "sorry if i disturbed you ma'am, my main function is to fight military grade viruses. Unfortunately I have been reduced to a simple free trial anti-virus software..."

Serpent grinned and gave him two thumbs up. "Nah, I'm fine!" She said. "You didn't disturb me at all!" She thought for a moment. "A free trial anti-virus software, huh?" She said, in a slightly uneasy voice. She shook her head and tried to change the subject. "So, um....er......huh." She couldn't think of anything to say, and created an awkward silence.

SpecOps looked at serpent curiously "You seem to be nervous by my presence, do not worry. As long as you do not initiate any malicious programs I am totally harmless". He looked around at the bustling terminal. "Do either of you know who is the administrator in charge of defense around here?"

Blu continues to watch SpecOps carefully, though she relaxes slightly. "What is military-grade, viruses, and 'anti-virus software'?" She thinks for a cycle, then continues: "How do you work? What algorithms do you use? Who developed you? And, um... who are you?" She scratches at the alpha mark, then replies. "And sorry, no, I do not know the 'defense administr--'.... um..." Her gaze turns to the floor as the awkward silence extends to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Puppy reboots and enters once again to where the group of programs were "finally im back dam when my master had a power cut i was off for what felt like weeks" Puppy exclaims.

"Hi!" Serpent said excitedly as she waved at Puppy. Suddenly she froze and lines of code appeared over her eyes. After about a half an hour, she returns to normal. "I think....I think the owner just downloaded my new update!" She grinned and flexed her arms. "I feel...stronger!" She, of course, didn't look any different at all. What the others didn't know though, was that a little tattoo on the back of her neck changed from "Serpentplayer Beta 0.6" to "Serpentplayer Beta 0.7".

Last edited by a moderator:
"meh i had do soo much recovery work on the masters pc after the power cut luckily he had some of it backed up on a laptop saved me a bit of work " Puppy replied

Blu's query times out, and she shifts her attention to Puppy, wondering how he works. The alpha mark itches again, and she suddenly feels jealous of the more stable softwares present.

"dam how many times do allway have to do partitioning of data" Puppy moaned he knew he needed to put some Cpu in to use for his master to beable to do seting up partions and that would leave him running on 50% of the cpu he usaly used.

Status
Not open for further replies.