Chung

Scuffed Characters Galore
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER

CYANIDE CITY
Cyanide1.png

PREMISE

In the desolate West lies one bright neon city of power.

Aurora.

This great sprawling metropolis is a new start for everyone who enters its borders, and maybe The West itself. It promises to revitalize the western lands from the war that came before it. Tales of comfort, fun, and more allured many people through advertisements. But, I'm not gonna bullshit you here. You won't find any of those promises in this city. Well, not until you get used to it.

Aurora is a breeding ground of the absolute worst people on this planet, no different than what's outside the borders. It's a city with factions vying for power along with rampant danger filling the streets. But, it's also a place where anything can be found if you look hard enough. A city where the truly desperate come to find a way out of their current situation. A city full of crime, violence, and despair, but also a city of opportunity.

Because in Aurora: You will either be hardened into the greatest warrior you can be or shatter into a million pieces. Everyone's fair game in this city, even the Corpo boys and authorities playing can lose while you come out on top.

How you're gonna do that is all on you. I ain't the judge of your life. You can be a good guy trying to fix the city or some villain in the sea of unwashed masses, nobody would really care. Honestly, just do what you want. Whatever your goal is, you'll have a place in Aurora.​

MECHANICS

Now, if you see all the mechanics of this RPG, you'll probably go "This is just ripping off Fallout!"

Correct.

The RPG runs off the Fallout: New Vegas ruleset modified to fit a written format. There will be perks, companions, factions, and skill points. We're even running off the SPECIAL Character Sheet. You will be put in an open-world RP that spans across the entire metropolis and its outskirts. You will deal with the factions in any way you like. There are even quests you can complete for rewards. Leveling up is also a feature, where you can manually dump whatever points you want in a skill and get brand new perks.

There are also skill checks which are the deciding factor if you succeed on something or not. Such as using strength to carry an injured victim away or pickpocketing a guard with stealth. I will try to give every skill and stat have their moments and make sure they don't feel useless. And trust me, there are a lot of skills, but it's just enough. I don't want too many here either.

Reputations are also at work and will play a huge part in how certain people will react to you. Piss a faction off enough, and you'll be labeled as their enemy and none of the members will even hear you out anymore. Have a high reputation, and you'll be revered as God-King Savior of the community, and they are forever in your debt. Reputation doesn't just work on factions, you also have the general consensus of people in the city. You can get certain statuses depending on your achievements. You're a Do-Gooder who has a never-ending battle against evil? You'll become something of a "Champion" that the heroic and honorable respect. Keep backstabbing people like a complete prick? You'll be seen as a total Snake. Most people won't even dare give you a quest. Consequences, ahoy!​

RULES

1. Fandom Characters are allowed
Honestly, I've had my fair share of insane character choices, so you can go crazy! Just make sure it will actually work out, okay? Cuz THIS IS A PRIVILEGE THAT CAN BE TAKEN AWAY AT ANY MOMENT!

2. No Godmodding, Powerplay, and Metagaming
Nobody likes this unholy trinity.

3. Character Limit
You get three characters to play at the same time. Unless they die or you're retiring them: You are stuck with those three as to not claim too many characters at once. Plus, I doubt you'd need that many characters in this RP.

4. Response Every Week
Unless you've got some personal problems in need of sorting out. You need to respond at least ONCE a week.

5. Death is Possible
Fuck up hard enough, and you might die. Injuries stay as well until you get it patched up. Just note that death is always a possibility! Unless your character is an "Always getting revived" type. They can bypass this rule!​

Last edited:
Crashes through wall

Do I need to say more about my decision about this? Count me the fuck in.

Reactions: Develius
Consider me... VERY INTERESTED.

FK7xiIHXwAMBwa0.jpeg
yea​

• Haha
Reactions: neptune
kamen-rider-den-o.gif

Interested!

I am interested.

I'll throw my hat into this ring.

STILL ALIVE

Still accepting? I'm into this!

Yes, yes, of course! I won't stop accepting until I get a full 25 players!

Yes, yes, of course! I won't stop accepting until I get a full 25 players!
Awesome, thanks! Is there a new CS? The old one is in archives. I can pull it out for you if you want to keep using it.

Still a WIP, but its got content

Yeah, please do. Sorry if I'm taking my time with this
You're totally fine! I've gotten the thread out of archives for you.