零 - Curse of the Yellow Moon (OOC) [sign ups closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm is that so?

So does that mean that you see the character differently on your end?

Anyways, just a heads up guys. The OOC board might freak out every now and then. I'm currently editing it right now. So far, the IC link has been added. You can use it by clicking on the RP's logo on the first post.

EDIT:

A Character Directory section has been added to the first post which links to each character's profile.

@Killjoy

Not to rush you or anything but you might want to post your character's profile soon since the IC has already started. It's gonna be tough backreading and catching up if the posts pile on too much.

Last edited:
Oh yeah there's a possibility that I won't be available for the weekend too, damn family congregations. It means there's no guarantee I'll be able to sit in another room on the computer.

@Killjoy

Ne, since it's been a while now and we still haven't received your character profile I will be reopening your reserved character spot. If someone else is able to submit a character profile before you do, I apologize but I'll have to give your slot to them.

Hmm , can you tell me what's going on?.I know that's very well random but, I can't seem to join. And stuff.

@Brianaloves what? To join you need to fill in an application form. Not sure what you're talking about when you say that you can't seem to join.

Uhh, not exactly sure what you mean @Brianaloves but as Raitoningu said, you need to fill up the profile sheet to join this RP. You can find it on the first page.

Also, I would like to ask you to delete the 2nd post you made that links to a picture.

Last edited:
-=General Information=-

images

Name: Gai Akihiko
Birthday: 23rd of February
Height: tall
Weight: slim
Distinguishing Marks: not at visible places
Clothing Style: casual clothing, with preference for shirts and jackets or sweatshirts, also likes wearing hoods. Has a medallion on his neck in the form of a card.
Quote:"I don't really know why everyone likes me, even though I'm a major douche bag.. oh wait, I do - I'm Gai Akihiko."

-=Personality=-
Summary: He is generally carried away and can easily drift into daydreaming, but other than that he is very rational man. Quite cheerful but not very easily excited. He is also quite arrogant, prone to sarcasm and even demeaning towards others at times.
Likes: computer games (of course), his fan girls, interesting books
Dislikes: sport, losing
Strengths: excellent reflexes, good at making relevant deductions, able to do very well under pressure
Fears: being abducted by aliens (irrational), losing his eyesight (rational)

-=Background=-
Bio/History: Gai had always been interested in gaming. Like all other kids in Japan, he was under pressure from his parents to perform well at school and although he had relatively decent results, they always argued with him that he could perform much better if he didn't spend so much time gaming and dozing off at school. After his senior year, when most of his classmates died, he decided life was too short to be wasted doing what someone else wanted from him and decided to skip college in order to work on his passion of playing and designing games. Although his programming skills were just what he had managed to pick up on his own while at school, he managed to find a job through some friends he had made online and travelled to America for it. For a while things went great, he was under a lot of pressure and had to learn a whole lot at the start, but since it was his passion, he managed to do it. Then the dreams, or should I say nightmares started. While his sleep was usually full with fictional character and sometimes weird lines of code, he became tormented by ghastly things he would not clearly remember in the morning. At first he thought that was a momentary thing which he choose to ignore and continue working as usual. Unfortunately, that only made matters worse, or perhaps the situation got worse on its own? Whatever the case, his haunted dreams felt too real and that had an effect on his concentration and the usually outstanding level of his work. His manager asked him to visit a psychologist, but that didn't help at all. Things began to feel real, when his face came off blurry in the all the photos the work photographer tried to take of him for the company website. At this point, Gai was already considering going back to his home town in order to investigate, since that is what the dream tormentors kept asking, but he knew that may cost him his job. Upon receiving a letter from Shigeru Asou, a fellow student he barely remembered, Gai made a decision that his mental health should take priority over his career and this sudden realisation relieved him so much, that the same night was the first one when he slept calmly in a long time.

Why do you want to remember?:"I have never been one to run away from my problems, gaming has taught me they'd only come back stronger. I choose to confront them and deal with them. The only way to deal with this bullcrap and go back to becoming the best in what I love is to go back and remember. Knowing the awesome guy I am, I bet I have done something quite smart to avoid dying, hehe."

-=Traits=-

Unique Item(s):

• His dad was a passionate Shintoist, often forced him to go to the temple with him. Gai was given a medallion in the form of a few kanjis, to carry with him at all times. He has long since forsaken it and replaced it with one that looks like a card holding a scene from WarCraft II.
  • Sometimes when classes bored him too much he would write down lines of code in his notebook, to try later on the PC, or when he was in the mood he would sketch his favourite monsters in it. It's probably gathering dust back home by now.
Unique Abilities:

• Gai is incredibly good with deductions and although his eyesight is not to good, is able to make very good assumptions based on given data.
  • He is also able to act quickly and rationally in tight situations, something he developed even more when having to handle the strange life, he built for himself in an unfamiliar land.

Last edited:
What!? I didn't know league of legends existed in 1995!
It's humor. Just pointing out a time frame error, mate.

@Aleksandar

You might want to consider editing a few things about Gai's profile. Like what K+ pointed, the RP is set on 1995 and Gai seems more like a present day 2010's kind of guy.

Apfff honestly I never even noticed the year! Well... let me research what games were popualr in 1995 :D

Okay, after I screwed up majorly, the bios is revised now, so would it suffice?

Last edited:
Me, being who I am automatically thought Akihiko Sanada from Persona 3 *slaps face* No Persona here Dang it!.

That gai (heh guy get it? :D) reminds me of Seto Kaiba.

Aside from a few spelling errors, Gai's profile is okay with me. Once you have those taken care of, feel free to start posting on the IC thread.

Is this still accepting?

Doesn't seem like it, if you could join you'd likely have to play a character that either skipped out on the graduation, is a reporter(or something), or someone that didn't have any links with the accident...
Or a ghost. *shiver* but I'd personally rather one played ghost.
IF all that's under approval of the boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.