Culture Guides Casting Call: Pav needs YOUR help!

PavellumPendulum

oh, to be seen as the poet, not just the muse
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Romance, modern, comedy, post-apocalyptic, slice of life.
☆ CASTING CALL: CULTURE GUIDES ☆
Hey, y'all, it's Pav, back at it again, but this time with an open call for help!
I got a lot of good feedback on my culture guide for writing Asian characters and this time, I'd like to focus on some more underrepresented/misrepresented ethnicities and religions in writing! I wouldn't say I have the most experiences with these cultures, so I'm extending a hand to the community: if you belong to one of these groups and have some tips for writing characters that belong to them, please reach out to me. I'll be compiling the information I get via interviews and the like in order to put all of those thoughts together in a guide!

Diversity is really important to me, personally, especially in my writing, but I know that doing the research for such characters can be really daunting, especially when you rarely see any depictions in popular media, or you don't really know people who fall into such categories, so I'd really like to have these resources up on Iwaku to help people expand their horizons and try something new!

Specifically, I am looking for people who would be able to help me with guides on writing:
☆ MIDDLE EASTERN CHARACTERS
☆ MUSLIM CHARACTERS
☆ BUDDHIST CHARACTERS
☆ INDIGENOUS CHARACTERS (SPECIFICALLY IN THE CONTEXT OF CANADA/USA, AKA. METIS, FIRST NATIONS AND INUIT)

If you're able to help at all, either just through chatting with me quickly, doing a full on interview with me or pointing me towards resources that you think would help, I would really appreciate it! Send me a PM or reply to this thread to contact me <3

Thank you so much and have a great day, everyone!

• Love
Reactions: Dusk and MiharuAya
Hi! I'm not an expert on indigenous cultures but I have at least a little insight that could be helpful 😊

• Useful
Reactions: PavellumPendulum
Hi! I'm not an expert on indigenous cultures but I have at least a little insight that could be helpful 😊
Fantastic! Please PM me to discuss :)