Culinary Exploration

Do you try new foods?

• No, I'm a little picky about what I like!

• No, but for a different reason.

• Yes, but only at restaurants.

• Yes, I like to try and cook new foods.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kitti

Do you like to try new foods or are you cautious with what you eat?
If you're cautious, how did you come across the foods that you do like?​

I can be pretty picky. I stick to what I know for the most part and what I've grown up eating.
I will try something new though if it comes recommended by a trusted source, say a friend. Sometimes my husband and I will try something new at a restaurant since we have the option to send it back if we don't like it.

Reactions: LunaValentine
As long as it doesn't clash with my dietary restrictions, I love trying new foods. I'm not at all picky! Food's one of the stable good things about life, after all. ;D

Reactions: Kitti
I'll try anything and make anything, if I've got the recipe. Anything as long as it's not that weird rotten fish they make in Iceland.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Kitti and Greenie
I'm picky, and 2/4 of my kids are picky. My youngest two won't eat most vegetables (Luckily, they'll eat every kind of fruit so I considered it balanced out). My husband eats everything. He's pretty much a human garbage disposal. So that makes finding a balance with food difficult. I try new things all the time, but I have to do it randomly or else my kids completely freak out.

I will try new things if they sound appetizing. I had a slice of a BBQ cheeseburger pizza for the first time recently. It was amazing.

My most nitpick-ish part of myself is I don't like tomatoes cold. So I tend to pick out tomatoes from salads and things.

Cooking is my life :) I'll try anything once (except maybe organs... ew lol)

• Bucket of Rainbows
I love trying new food, though I don't have the opportunity to do so nearly enough for my liking.

As long as it isn't shrimp or tree nut based, I'm so game. One of my favorite delicacies is cow tongue, and I forced the family I live with to eat lamb because it's nonstandard in the region and I'm a monster. A monster who loves delicious foods, I tell you.

• Love
Reactions: Kitti and Greenie
Y'all braver than me XD I don't think I could do tongue... unless I didn't know what it was *lol*

Y'all braver than me XD I don't think I could do tongue... unless I didn't know what it was *lol*
It's like... the softest yummiest meat you've ever eaten. I'm seriously salivating just thinking about it. XD *needs to eat*

• Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
I'd have to have someone lie to me and tell me it was like... steak or something *lol*

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Status
Not open for further replies.