Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
Online Availability
I check in pretty much all times of the day, either from my phone or from my home computer. So it's likely I'll see messages shortly after I've received them.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Sci Fi, Fantasy, Fandom, Anime, Sometimes Horror. Survival, Romance, Furry, Magical.
sticker,375x360.u2.png

Hit CTRL+V and paste the last thing you copied into a post bellow. Forum rules still apply and all that jazz, so show me what you got!

XD A roleplay post....

Ira didn't sleep.

As she had first planned, she teleported herself back to her own private hideout, which had remained delightfully intact. She hastily collected up her belongings, at least those that she would need, and left behind the rest… books, remnants, random articles of clothing she saw no need for any longer. Not a scrap of anything worthwhile was left behind, in the event that someone unwittingly managed to discover her secret chambers—Radovid, primarily. By the time she had returned to her room in Toussaint, the books were neatly set out upon her bedside and she went to work organizing the room to her fitting. The candles gave far less illumination than her own magic would have, yet it was all her eyes could take.

By the flickering yellow, the room remained mostly dark. The shapes of the furniture became discernible but the colours so muted that they were almost grey. It reminded her of the hearth in the days gone by, when the King's men would bring in the firewood and they'd warm themselves before the bare flames in the dead of winter, basking in the glow and praying not to be struck by stray embers. Sometime past midnight, her room and clothing organized, her megascope properly adjusted, Ira found herself staring into the flickering flames absently as memories consumed her. She reached out, touching her fingers to the baby flame to feel the warmth and half smile, half break—memories, warm and cold all at once, the ointment and the knife.

Blinking, Ira broke from her trance. "Books, of course," she muttered to herself, slipping her cloak away from her shoulders and letting it fall on to the bed as she moved to pick through the literature brought to her. She began at the beginning: Research Laboratory Day One and read all the way through to dawn.

The candles had extinguished out in to pools of leftover wax by the time the sun came up on the horizon. The sky glowed like a summer peach and the sun was pure gold in the sky. The colours of the foliage returned to green and the air warmed to an ambient twenty or so. It was the perfect dawn, one to be savored instead of squandered. Ira had yet to finish all the literature brought to her, though she had gotten through the lion's share of it. She hastily set the books aside and rose. Her dress was changed and a maid saw to her later in the morning to help pull the corset tight and brush through her long, black, curly locks of hair before pinning it back and up.

It had been an awfully long time since Ira had last had help from anyone, let alone a maid.

"Breakfast has been prepared, m'lady," the meek maid spoke and Ira dismissed her with a wave of the hand.

"Very well, I shall be down shortly, thank you."

Reactions: Winter
> Has this guy never heard of prescriptivism vs. descriptivism?

I would say most of the (at least USAmerican) populace has no idea what that means, and a less percentage, but still a huge percentage, do not actually know that dictionaries simply describe current word usage.

For a totally worthless anecdote example, I had no idea of the above until I went to a linguistics class in university when I was 27 years old. Language Arts and English classes up to that point had never touched the subject, I guess.

Context. Specifically, this comment in reply to this.

Last edited:
173 KB

Thank you, Discord, for letting me instantly copy to my phone's clipboard whatever I long press on.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Wolfsbane706
ス ト ー リ が 好 き で す か

I think I was google translating this?

If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma you may to be entitled to financial compensation. Mesothelioma is a rare cancer linked to asbestos exposure. Exposure to asbestos in the Navy, shipyards, mills, heating, construction or the automotive industries may put you at risk. Please don't wait, call 1-800-99 LAWUSA today for a free legal consultation and financial information packet. Mesothelioma patients call now! 1-800-99 LAW USA

I was going to email it to a friend and flood his inbox because he sent me two dozen pictures of his treehouse for no reason. So much spam.

Blossom Boys | Tapas

I've been going on dates with this girl and she said she liked flower shop au stuff so I told her about this webcomic and she asked for the link.
(///▽///)

えぐ子

Do not paste this too many times in a row into Google Translate.

• Love
Reactions: Joan
So I'm fudging the rules a little bit, because, after just pasting what I had, and posting the result, I was unhappy with how the site was auto-formatting some things.

Because the thing that I pasted was a Youtube URL. And if I could have my way, it would just be a mysterious Youtube URL. And it would display, to all of you, the exact same way that it did to me when I pasted it in. Not only that, but it was supposed to link to a specific timestamp, rather than starting the video from the beginning.

But in reality, if I just paste the URL, and then post it, the site auto-embeds the video -- which means that the video starts at the beginning no matter what, and removes the mysteriousness of just having an unlabeled URL.

So I'm turning it into a link, with some text (since I already discovered that pasting the URL, and then specifically coding the URL as a link without changing the text that it displays as, still makes the site auto-embed the video), in order to preserve the effect.

^ Just pretend that what you're looking at here is a plaintext Youtube URL, please.

This is awkward. So I'ma just tap that spoiler button for the kiddies out there.

Why don't you come down here so I can suck your cock, pretty boy?

Mia's not here you fucking idiot! Your little sisters being raped in Hell!

[fieldbox="Louai, red, solid"][/fieldbox]

doing an rp and it's gotta look nice so...fieldbox!