Crystal of Balance Signups and OOC

I'll get to posting myself after these next ones since my character seems to be the last one open too

Hey guys. I'm afraid I'm pulling out of the rp for now so you can go ahead and post without me. Sorry if I slowed anything down

• Ah Seen It
Reactions: Wolfsbane706
I would like to point out that my character's speculation and ramblings are... just that. Speculations and rambling. Their truthfulness can vary depending on the GM. It's just mostly that he thinks he found someone he can talk to about the whole bounty thing and... well, is talking their ears off.

Reactions: Wolfsbane706
I would like to point out that my character's speculation and ramblings are... just that. Speculations and rambling. Their truthfulness can vary depending on the GM. It's just mostly that he thinks he found someone he can talk to about the whole bounty thing and... well, is talking their ears off.
For all the talk of bounties, kinda surprised nobody else has mentioned action against non-paying contractors.
Also, I tried to set Luna up with a reputation, but it seems that reputation doesn't extend as far as I'd thought?

Hm. All I know right now is that Alren was by and large ignored xD

Jim knows there was someone talking... he just...

...missed what was said?

Hopefully, the actually experienced guy heard more of it. XD

Based on what @Ur Degaton post said, I don't know cause there was absolutely no reaction

My turn. Trying to think. Stuck at the moment.

Alright so, once Jess replies again I was thinking of bringing in the tragedy. Any thoughts or reservations about that? It might be too soon?

depends on the type of tradgedy I'd say and maybe a little too soon ?

Sliding in with an aqeous mage! I'm the "Blastocyst" mentioned earlier, finally coming around. Sorry for the delay, guys!

upuzdra716_batman_image_add_media15.png

• Name: Rikis-nu Retiarius of the Stefilia's Pisces family, the primary aqueous representatives in the Zann Imperium court. "Nunu" among close friends and family.
  • Gender… fluid. Get it? Like water?
  • Race: aqeous.
  • Starting Class: red mage.

• Appearance: pictured above; paired with a rose-pink gangling tail alike a leafy dragon. (Undine, Puzzles & Dragons)
  • Equipment: a trident named "Lari," pictured above, used as a conduit for teleportation circles as well as for melee combat; a short, lightly-padded tunic; items for monster-wrassling strung under their coat spanning weighted cast net; binoculars; fish bait; magitech traps; and empty flasks.
  • Magic: Somatic hydromancy used for offense, defense, and support spells; teleportation circles (pictured casting above.)
  • Why are they in Cornelia? His Majesty's orders. Rikis-nu would never describe themselves as a glory-hunter but they have trained in magic and monster-slaying to prepare for their ideal position of power. Thus they've been tasked with a field mission: collecting kishin eggs for the emperor of Zann. Trust them, it's not a task them or their family would benefit from refusing.
  • Their personality: ostensibly arrogant, even vapid in their pursuit of empty luster, their obsession with elite artifice. And yet Rikis-nu has commanded respect in their circle all the same. In optimistic terms, they know how to lead, how to scheme, who to trust, and when to act; they're the pragmatic type. On the other hand, it means they know how to play people against each other. That lying by omission, no matter how forwardly they may behave, is always on the table.

So much verily

@thempress Could you make the text in your post a few shades darker? I honestly had trouble reading it on my screen.

Edit: Also um, feel free to ignore this but I touched up your post styling because... well, the contrast was bad and also it didn't look good on larger screens. Changed the colors for the contrast issue, then added in "min-width" instead of just "width" for the sizing issue. I hope this helps. Sorry if it didn't, I just saw something I could maybe help with and jumped in before I knew what I was really doing. Just stuff I've learned in my web development class.

RIKIS-NU
text goes here, now for the standard filler text of web design

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras vitae odio nisi. Maecenas sit amet mollis justo, ac maximus nibh. Vivamus eget pretium turpis. Nam molestie nisl quis tortor condimentum finibus. Quisque aliquet sapien eros, ut auctor odio laoreet et. Etiam sodales enim risus, mollis porta urna vehicula id. Duis convallis neque at cursus rutrum. Quisque porta urna ut lectus fermentum tincidunt. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Curabitur rhoncus odio vel lectus tristique, in cursus dolor pulvinar. Praesent in cursus mi. Donec eget varius diam. Sed pharetra tellus facilisis, semper dui eu, molestie sem. Ut rutrum a nunc id feugiat. Sed vulputate tellus quis ipsum egestas bibendum. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been an issue since I started fiddling with Iwaku's down-sized CSS, but min/max-widths cause the div to display 100% of the site page unless I set a precise width. Same with heights. I'm a hobbyist so far myself (patently, it seems!) so I don't know why this is.

You cite the code not looking good on larger screens. My PC display is 1920 x 1080, 60hz -- not the biggest I'm sure, but I think it's pretty considerable. Can you take a screenshot from your end? This is it (the original) on mine:
1CDW0wSKL6l0.png

With it pulled away like this, I can see what you mean about contrast. I pulled the colors directly from the image I used - I can do it again and just make the brown color darker. Easy money.

Thanks for the feedback all around. I'm trying to make a habit of speed-coding, aha.

Hm, I have 1920 x 1080 too.

Here's the post as it stands on my screen

Then here's after I've opened up developer mode in chrome (F12) and manually changed it from using width to min-width. Just that, no max-width added.

I've also decided to free my fix from its spoiler box, can I get a screenshot of how that appears on your screen? And what's your browser? CSS issues are more likely to be a browser issue than an Iwaku one (unless Iwaku messed up somehow), but without access to your computer... I can't really see how it's working on your end.

Oh, so it looks as intended on both.

Firefox's my browser of choice, by the way.

I shall post for the people tomorrow. Maybe within the next week I'll start the thing. Hmm