2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Animal based, Scifi, Modern, Horror, Comedy, Slice of life.
Inspiration: Game of Thrones and the history class I'm taking (You don't have to have seen Game of Thrones...You also don't have to be in my class XD)

Genre: Low Fantasy, Adventure and Action

Blurb: The king is dying (from being poisoned over a course of several months) but uses the only people he trusts (a small private army) to send word to his children, who he implores to take the throne from the evil bishop who stole it from him (and poisoned him). The king gives the bastard children the right to take the throne, because he thinks his legitimate children and queen are dead. Meanwhile the queen and her two children have fled but are being pursued by the bishop's assassins.

What I Want To Do: I want to create a world with its own developed lore and an enticing plot. I want it to be a large scale role play where each player can have their own story big or small. There are only four established nations at the moment but just as Jon became the King in the North (Game of thrones reference), the bastards can create their own kingdoms as well!

What I Need From You: I need help world building! I have a few descriptions for the areas in the world but I need people to give me constructive criticism!
I also need at least three Co-Gms who can be active at least three days a week and contribute to the rp.

When Will the RP Be Up: Not for a few months, it's my biggest RP yet and I want it to be perfect!

Requirements: Writing level will be intermediate. At least 2 paragraphs per post. No novel length posts please.

Visuals: Realistic Fantasy. Absolutely no anime or real pictures.
Examples: Click or Click

Possible Deal Breakers: The role play is rated low fantasy, because all playable characters are human. No negotiations. The ability for humans to possess magic died out long ago, and alchemy is the closest thing to it. The only beings that possess magic are non playable beasts.

Co-GM Application: [PM this to me please]
Have you ever been a gm before?
What type of rps are you used to? (Genre and player size)
How active are you?
Are you willing to play more than one character?
2 Paragraph or more RP Sample: (You can type this or you can link an rp that you were apart of)

Now, this is what I have so far. Please excuse the crudeness.

yTkA5Magc.png

Tentative map of the world (the 'world' has the potential to expand)
X5oJDM3.png

[BCOLOR=transparent]King's Country [First Nation] an area embodied of The Glorious Castle, Copper Town, Roe's Wood and Widow's Cliff.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Castle - Where King Alexander lived with his Queen and two kids. Higher nobles, and the Glorious Order reside there. [more on Glory religion later][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Copper Town - The industrial town below the castle that serves as a boundary between Roe's Wood and The Castle. This is where most lesser nobles and middle class commoners live. Copper Town is where most merchants sell their wares but also where public entertainment (circuses etc) is held. This is also where public executions would be held but the gallows haven't been used since King Alexander ascended the throne. Copper Town received its name from the former monetary items that were used in trade. (The money used now are Royal Pieces but no one ever thought to change the town's name)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Roe's Wood - the land around King's country and Copper Town, it is a rural land dotted with farms, villages and numerous small forests. The Roe's Wood people provided King's Country with fruits, vegetables, roe deer, rabbit and boar. Inside of Roe's Wood but closest to the entrance of Copper Town is an [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]aviary [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]where the King's favorite bird, the peacock are kept. There are over 100 peacocks kept there and are cared for and maintained by a family headed by a woman who was hand picked by the King to care for his favorite bird.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The clusters of forest scattered around Roe's Wood are home to the area's namesake, the roe deer. These deer are relatively peaceful and are the main food source for everyone in King's Country. There are laws about the hunting of roe deer, in order to keep them thriving. [laws to be added later]. In addition to the deer, rabbit and boar live in the forest as well as wolves and foxes. Bandits often live in these small forests as well.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Widow's Cliff[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]A land almost purely inhabited by women, Widow's Cliff is home to those women who have lost their husbands and have no one to support them in leading their families. The Widows here are self sufficient and only rely on each other to survive. These women live near the dangerous cliffs of King's Country but have managed to adapt to their static environment. They provide fish and jewelry to the Kingdom Most of the women here are either skilled climbers and divers or both, and are split in two groups, Divers and Diggers. Divers plunge into the turbulent sea to hunt fish, clams and oysters. Diggers scour the cliffs and beaches to find shells and other trinkets which they use to make exquisite looking jewelry. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The women of widow’s cliff aren’t all widows, some of them are former nuns who have abandoned the Glorious Order, and some are just women who wanted a new home. Widow’s Cliff accepts all women no matter what age, as well as their children. However, if the children are male, they may only stay in Widow’s Cliff until they are old enough to take care of themselves. The founding sisters of Widow’s Cliff were scorned by men long ago and see all males as potential threats to their well being and society. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Founding Sisters of Widow’s Cliff act as the leaders of the land. There are two of them, Masha and Lory, friends who were betrayed by their fathers and gifted to brutal men as brides. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Widow's Cliff although ruled by the two women, is a territory of King's Country and if ever needed, they would receive aid. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Thunderous Valley [Second Nation][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]A valley surrounded by mountains that grasp at the heavens. The Thunderous Valley are home to fearsome warriors who eradicate all who seek to destroy them and what they stand for. The people who live there call themselves 'the Thunderers' and they resent being considered a part of King's Country. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]There society is equal parts male and female and they do not recognize gender hierarchies. Everyone is equal in the Valley and decisions are made by voting. All members, age five and above get to vote and that has been the way since anyone can remember.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]The Thunderers live in long wood cabins, and they dress in wool and leather clothing. They keep rams and pigs, the former of which they herd with their hounds. Thunderer hounds are gifted to the thunderers by the pirates of Scarlet Port. These hounds are fiercely loyal to their masters and form a strong bond with the human that trained them. In addition to herding, the dogs are used to protect the Valley from intruders and to discourage the Thunderbird from devouring the Thunderers. The hounds have a deep and eerie bark that can be heard from up to three miles away. These howls seem to frighten the Thunderbird and keep it at bay.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Scarlet Port [Third Nation][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Scarlet Port and Bay - A dangerous town on the southern outskirts of King's Country. This town is filled with the worst scum and the wickedest people. Pirates, criminals, assassins and their families reside here. In the past, criminals would hide here after escaping from prison or thwarting the knights sent to drag them to the gallows. Years ago, King Alexander's father, King Rowan would send his knights to retrieve these criminals but after awhile, the criminals formed their own stronghold and soon the knights couldn't come within a mile of the place without being slaughtered. After King Rowan's death, King Alexander grew tired of losing his knights and stopped sending them.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Djinn City[Fourth Nation][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]A wondrous oasis city ruled by the former assassin, Rami al Hakim and daughter of King Rowan, Evelyn. The land was given to Rami by late King Rowan, as a reward for serving him for so long. However the land was not the only gift King Rowan gave Rami his daughter, Evelyn’s hand in marriage. Djinn City is a city advanced in technology (think steampunk), most of the citizens are well versed in theatrics, science and alchemy. Although Djinn City is inside of King's Country, it is it's own kingdom.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sultan Rami and Sultana Evelyn have an equal amount of power and often act as each other’s counsel.The two of them have three children, two sons and one daughter, Shani. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Djinn City is a much more liberal and open land and they tend to accept all walks of life. The kingdom lacks a formal religion and is instead open to most religions that don’t interfere with other people. Being a follower of the Glorious Order is frowned upon but not banned. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Most children are offered a free formal education from age 3 to 12, and if their teachers saw potential in them, they are invited to attend the High College, created by Princess Shani. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The land around Djinn City is mostly sand, although in the past it was grass like everywhere else of on the main continent. However after the Glorious Order’s Manifest, the great dragon was awoken and the heat from his body caused the grass to die and the soil to crumble until a blistering desert was created. Thankfully, the Sultanate was able to use desalination to sustain their people. While the Great Dragon was off in search of the Glorious Order, the Sultanate and their people worked hard to create a stronghold against the beast. [/BCOLOR]

So the information seems pretty hectic at the moment, but basically those are the areas that I have at the moment. And the various beasts that are mentioned are fearsome creatures that have magic and used to be either statues or sleeping under the sea/ground etc. However something [will be clarified later] awoke them and they basically started wreaking havoc on the world.

So I hope people are interested, but I can understand if you aren't cause this is super disorganized.

Last edited:
I love this! I'd like to be a part of this RP. I'm up for constructive criticism (I have to read through the rest of the kingdoms first but I'd be up for talking it through if you'd like) and I think I could help world-building if you'd like that too.

*sits behind you in history class*

I mean....this has potential~
Color me semi-interested.

I love this! I'd like to be a part of this RP. I'm up for constructive criticism (I have to read through the rest of the kingdoms first but I'd be up for talking it through if you'd like) and I think I could help world-building if you'd like that too.
:DD *launches confetti into the air* Yay! Awesome, welcome aboard!

*sits behind you in history class*

I mean....this has potential~
Color me semi-interested.
It's online, so ha! :DD

And yay for potential! Welcome semi-aboard!

It's online, so ha! :DD

And yay for potential! Welcome semi-aboard!
I take my online class socializing very srsly ;__;

I've never built a world before, so I have no idea how much help I would be.

I take my online class socializing very srsly ;__;

I've never built a world before, so I have no idea how much help I would be.
Don't worry! Everyone will be able to help because everyone has different skill sets. :D What are ya good at?

Forgive me if you said already... but you say low fantasy, and i do see the inclusion of elf like characters.. where are you in regards to magic?

Forgive me if you said already... but you say low fantasy, and i do see the inclusion of elf like characters.. where are you in regards to magic?
Sorry I just added that picture as a reference to what kind of appearance is allowed. So there are no elves in the story, just humans. The ability for humans to use magic died out a long time ago, and the only creatures who can use magic are the four non playable beasts. The closest thing to magic is alchemy.

I can help build if you'd like. I'm pretty good with brainstorming with people.

I can help build if you'd like. I'm pretty good with brainstorming with people.
That would be awesome! Welcome aboard!

I want in Game of thrones my precious

• Love
Reactions: Camleen
I'm intrigued by the plot idea.^^

Ooh, always a fan of low fantasy.

I also love helping to brainstorm and keep things grounded.

consider me interested :)

For Scarlet Bay it could have started as a group of people having lost their home because of the high tax that the king of the time. The group decided to do things differently and essentially became an anarchist society. How they got to being an anarchistic society is beyond me.

• Useful
Reactions: Mundane Monster
Status
Not open for further replies.