Crossing Blades

Just before getting into the old white car, his phone began to ring so he stopped. He sighed and turned away from his little sister and reached into his pocket, taking his phone out and flipped it open. Putting it to his ear, he answered, "Talk to me..." He paused for a moment.

"... Yeah, I know we lost, but it was from a miner fluke. She got lucky and struck him with his guard down..."

"... Yes, but-" he remained silent for a moment as he closed his eyes, rubbing the bridge of his nose as he sighed greatly.

"... Of course..."

"Right, but-"

"Can you let me-!"

He moved his phone away from his ear and looked like he was about to snap it with his hand as he tightened his grip around it. It cracked lightly and was faltering to the pressure. Before he broke the phone how ever, he calmed down and continued to listen to who was on the other end.

"..."

"... Understood, Father."

He closed the phone and handed it to the guard to his right before he got the chance to brake it again and asked them to, "Take my sister to the school, I'll walk from here..."

As the bass pounded away at his ear drums, creating flowing, pulsing images in his brain indescribable to anyone else who loved music less than he did, he was lost to the world. Except for a brief moment where he opened his eyes and ahead of him through some doors he saw the representative of the Sakuramori family and he was talking to a girl. She was younger than him. Zane squinted and watched his interactions with her. Not a girlfriend, nope, sister then. Yeah that must be Etsuko Sakuramori, Saeko Sakuramori's younger sister.

He watched them for a while and observed their body language, he was so good at understanding it he could almost overhear their conversation with his eyes. Saeko appeared ready to just start walking back to the school, despite having the car ready to go right in front of him. Must want to blow off steam. A thought came to Zane then, Etsuko would be momentarily free right there on the side-walk. She was kind of cute, maybe he could go talk to her, just for a minute. Yeah but she was Sakuramori, if he was seen talking to her he might get hassled for it, IF she even let him talk to her. But he never knew, maybe she would give him a chance and he'd find out she was cool and she would find out how cool he was.

Zane continued arguing with himself internally, even as he stood up and turned off his music and started walking, unaware his logical sense was losing the argument. He was a sucker for a pretty girl. He adjusted his vintage, yet stylish, fedora hat atop his head and straightened his school uniform as well as his posture. Zane was prepared to talk to a pretty girl. Stepping out of the doorway as Saekoa walked away, Zane held himself with a casual confidence heading to Etsuko with a faint smile on his lips, he was such a daring guy. One of her body guards stepped near him and Zane turned on his heel and veered off down the sidewalk.

He wasn't that daring.

Etsuko held her arms tightly around Saekoa's neck as they spun around happily. She loved her brother dearly. They were inseparable as children and still are that way, despite the age difference. He was the most important person in her life, and she imagined it would be that way forever.

She watched him with her big, shinning blue eyes as he set her down, waiting to hear the news of all that had happened. But before he could even put a leg in the car, his phone began to ring. Now, Saekoa was a popular guy, for many reasons. He was the Head Representative of the family, he was strong, kind, and good looking. Despite all this he never spent much time on his phone; didn't hand out his number to many people. Therefore, Etsuko came to the correct conclusion that it could only be one person...Their father.

Etsuko's father was on a whole other plane entirely. Despite her feelings for her brother, they were not true for her father. Saekoa was the same way. He'd always had bad blood with him. For Etsu, it's not that she hated her father, she just felt distant to him. She could never live up to his standards, and this in turn shattered their already fragile relationship. This didn't stop Etsuko from trying, of course. She'd give him gifts on holidays, wished him well on special occasions, and even tried to converse with him when he wasn't busy, which rarely happened. But despite her best efforts, they all turned out fruitless. She stood and listened as her dear brother's face contorted in anger. She jumped at the crackling sounds his cellphone made under his grasp. When finally, he hung up, and began to walk away.

"Wait, you can't do this!" Etsuko called out after him. "Stop leaving me in the dark!" she yelled as her bodyguards held her back. But her words never reached him. He was too shrouded in anger. She sighed and stomped the ground. I'm not a kid anymore, big brother...

Lost in thought she started walking in the opposite direction, her body guards not far behind. After trying to convince her to get in the car, she quickly dismissed them and began to run. She couldn't be there anymore. She had to go to her favorite spot, and clear her mind. Unfortunately, this thought did not prevent her from missing the boy in the headphones. A boy with headpho-- SLAM! Before she could even finish the thought she was on the ground, trying to erase the stars dancing in her vision. "I-I'm so sorry!" She said once she recollected herself. When she noticed the boy not saying anything, she looked up and saw that his eyes were not on her, but had traveled somewhere a little lower. Looking down she noticed a flash of lacey-pink. She shrieked as she hurriedly pulled down her skirt. She bolted upward and began to walk away. "If...If you'll excuse me!" She mumbled with a bright pink face. I've never seen him before...Must be a Kazegami student! Good! Hopefully I won't have to see him again!

"Oh please," Masa rolled her eyes as she filed her nails. "Everyone in the family knows that you like that idiot, and I know why you're all mopey too. You'll probably go talk to mom when we get home, right?"

Masa looked up at her twin with a devilish grin. She knew how to get under her sister's skin and how to push all the right buttons. Being the family representative made Masa into a very experienced tactician. With a lazy smile, she looked out the window and pretended to watch the city go by as they sped onto a highway. Life was good, but that stunt Saeoka pulled was still nagging at her. There was some underhanded reasoning to that move; he was hiding it from her.

When their father called her, Masa was glad to make the tensions that much worse. "Understood, Babba. I'll be in a meeting to discuss new training and curriculum once we return to the school grounds. I hope that it's alright for me and Kiku to be late a little while after school. I expect some minor setbacks, but they will be dealt with...in a most horrendous way."

"Wah!" Zane stumbled forward as he was bumped from behind. At first he thought some one was attacking him, maybe one of the body guards had chased him? Whirling around, ready to flail his arms in self defense, he turned to see no one. Looking down he briefly registered a girl before a brighter color attracted his eyes and dragged them downward. A heavy heart thump later he realized what he was looking at. The girl shrieked, or it was more like a squeak, and pulled her skirt down. Zane turned his head away fast as he could so he didn't seem like a creepy weirdo, and partly to hide the embarrassed grin on his face which also makes him seem like a creepy weirdo. The girl, who turned out to be Etsuko, scrabbled up as fast as she could, excused herself and took off down the sidewalk.

Zane watched after her a bit, then laughed to himself and started walking again. The little incident effectively distracted him from the fight and he started making his way down the sidewalk again, Etsuko gone from his line of sight. Leaning himself against the a little sitting booth, Zane waited for a bus.

After her sister hung up with their father, she didn't respond to Mesa right away. It couldn't be obvious that she liked him, she had just figured that out herself. She knew her sister was trying to get under her skin, and Mesa always knew how. They were the best of friends and the worst of rivals, Kiku hated being second place, but Mesa would never let her forget it. "I am sure everyone in the family would know it, if it were true sister. You should know me better than that." The car then entered the gates of the school ground and pulled up to the Kazegami family house. The driver got out of the car and let Mesa out, and the other guard in the passenger seat let out Kiku. She gave him a small nod as a 'thank you' and then she walked beside her sister as they went into the house to meet with their father.

Mesa was the one who really had the meeting, however, they wanted Kiku to seem like she was also involved, so she had to be in on everything. Even when it 'didn't concern her." She couldn't wait to go up to her room and go to sleep. That was one thing that she enjoyed about not being 'number one', no paperwork.

While on his calming walk, Saekoa began to grow back to his personality, letting the anger that came to him from what began his day escape his mind. He was relaxed to the scenery their little city gave to the community, lotus blossom trees the age perhaps older then his father were paturned across the main street every ten-twenty feet. It disappointed him that he had to wait at least a few weeks for them to catch the autumn wind, on days like this he would enjoy watching the falling petals cover the streets and sidewalk like snow. Hands in his pockets and head raised high, his new suit jacket would grow filthy in his eyes due to the fact that he was walking outside, with no protection against the natural elements. "... I'm going to have to wash this..." He would mutter to him self. "... When I get home..." The tone in his voice was calm and silent as he collected him self. After a half an hour of walking, he found him self getting closer to the school, just seeing the third floor of the building from above houses on the street he was on. This made Saekoa smirk and stop for a moment to take in the sight. Taking a breath inward then slowly releasing his stress from an ex-hail outward, he told him self, "I'm home."

Between Saekoa and his sister, he was the first to arrive to the school on time. Seeing the Ford empty in front of the house just behind the gates of the school would give evidence that he would of made it there first. At first he did think she was there, so he paid no mind to it and continued his way towards the school's main entrance. Like always, when he walked to school from the arena, his four bodyguards, as well as the one carrying his staff, stood just outside the doors waiting for either him or his sister. This made him worried that something might of happened to her back at the arena, seeing how the old white Ford and the four bodyguards who were supposed to look after her came back, without her. This was evident from the fact that they were standing outside the doors. If his sister came back, half of them would be in the school by now watching over her for the first few bells then disappeared back home to wait for Saekoa when he came out of school.

He marched angrily to the one with the staff and asked, "Where's my sister?"

He remained silent from the fact of dishonoring the family as a hole. His lower lip quivered, knowing full well that he was supposed to keep Saekoa's sister safe and has failed that mission.

Saekoa asked him again, this time coming real close to his face and tilted his head to the right as he stared into his eyes. "... Where, Is. My. Sister?" Flaring his eyes as he spoke the word, "Sister." This made him much more upset then losing a member of their family at the arena, seeing how he actually cared for his sister. The loss at the arena was devastating, yes. But, this is his sister he's talking about, his younger sister. It would just kill him if something happened to her.

He growled at the guard with the staff strapped to his back, his brow twitching as he grit his teeth. He grabbed him by the tie and dragged him to the White Ford and shouted, "You are going to drive me to the place where you last saw my sister, or you're fired, Or Worse!"