Crossing Blades

So my mission is to make things difficult then?

Yes! Hell yeah. As soon as the rival love appears, which better be a "dammit, I'm like really into this person but I need to hate their guts" type of deal, I need to have problems come between them. Either an intra-school crush or confession, a discovery of the feelings... Whatever. I want things to be difficult. And I want the two to have to fight for each other in the end, when they finally say "fuck it" and accept that they love each other.

So, that's what I'm envisioning. How it actually plays out is another story. But the end result is the families will have to come to terms with each other and give up on the rivalry.

They say it's not the destination that matters, it's the journey.

I'll have to think and see how my guy will make things tough for them.

Exactly! I just wanna have fun, but I always want the goal to be kept in mind.

I'm sure you'll do fine, Effort! :D

Name : Ryo Morisato
School & Character Type : Kazegami/Student
Age & School Level : 17, Senior
Weapon : Chinese straight sword, Jian - 28" long blade, 7" long handle, steel blade
two hand black jian w204.jpg

Appearance :
The-Anime-young-man-committed-suicide-avatar.jpg

Personality : Distant. Aloof. But funny. He's very loyal to the family and would do anything for them if he were commanded to do so. He can be dangerous if provoked too much. When fighting, he is stoic and indifferent. Deaths, for him, are merely reality and shouldn't be treated with mourning. Many students thought he was a mute when he first arrived at the school. Now, they know better and can hear him speak his mind often.

History in Brief : Adopted as a child straight from an orphanage at age 11, he was always a little rough and got into trouble often. He was placed immediately in karate classes and trained in aikido. As he got a little older, he expressed interest in swords and was allowed to learn how to fight with a sword. As his skill grew, his parents decided that sending him to the Kazegami school was the best place for him.

There, I'm finally up. I'll start working on the opening post tonight. I'm hoping it turns out as epic as I want it to. I'm also hoping you guys haven't abandoned me! I'm sorry it's taken me so long, but I was hoping to hear from Ming's friend first. I'm going to move on without the other Sakuramori character, because we've got enough people for me to be comfortable with the group.

So! As long as things go as planned on my end, there should be an opening post up sometime this evening.

I hope I can help make this thing awesome for you Jovi.

Heya! Is there a slot open, or has the roster just not been updated?

There is in fact one slot open, yes. Would you like to fill it? :D

Name: Rekka "Pinstripe" Kihaku

School & Character type: Sakuramori Student

Age/Grade level: 18yo, 3rd year

Appearance:
Joe.png

Weapon: Steel-plated shoes and steel-reinforced leather gauntlets
leather_gauntlets_002_by_altitude_artisan-d3cclkv.jpg

il_fullxfull.290795204.jpg

Steel plates underneath larger sections

Personality: Rekka is a charismatic, friendly, and laid back guy, and a notorious flirt. There have been times when he's been known to flip his opponent's skirt in the middle of a fight. But don't let his easy-going attitude fool you. He is an extremely talented fighter, trained in the French kickboxing style known as Savate, and has been fighting at the Combat level (no protection) for several years. While he knows that as a Sakuramori Student it is his duty to fight against the Kazegami, he feels that the feud is really between the two families, and rarely strikes a killing blow, instead offering them a chance to change schools, or if they refuse, simply cripples them, ending their fighting career.

He enjoys cafes, french maid outfits, pinstripe clothes, coffee, pastries, and motorcycles.

History in brief: Rekka was born in Japan, but when he was 2 years old, his family moved to Paris when his mother got a job as a fashion designer. While there, Rekka learned savate, and earned his love of cafes, as well as picked up his signature pinstripe outfits, which his mother now designs for him. Two years ago his family moved back to Japan, where Rekka enrolled in Sakuramori High School. Having survived his first year at the school, he's now in his last year, and not much has changed about his personality. As such, he's known to date several girls at once, and has somehow managed to stay alive doing so. Going into his last year, though, he is strangely single, though odds are that will change soon enough.

I should probably have my guy use some kind of punchy-kicky protection too for when he does punches or kicks...Eh he'll probably just find something laying around.

Effort, when am I not doing that flirty thing. ;)

Can't wait to see the finished thing, T. So far looks pretty good.

Kronos17, you haven't updated your character to give me a little history at least for your character. Since I know nothing about him, I don't particularly want the character in the story. If you'll update that profile and let me know, I'll be more apt to be okay with your participation. But right now, I haven't heard anything and I'm taking that to mean you aren't interested any longer.

I'm working on it right now, actually. It'll be up this evening. I'm having my roommate read through it when she gets home from work, and then it'll get put up. It's probably going to be a bit long, so I apologize for taking so long. I've also been hoping to see Kronos17 update his character during this time, but...

Meh, it should be up this evening. Maybe 5 or 6 server time, if I can get it completed the way I want it.

I should probably have my guy use some kind of punchy-kicky protection too for when he does punches or kicks...Eh he'll probably just find something laying around.
Actually, "Savate is perhaps the only style of kickboxing in which the fighters habitually wear shoes."
(quoted from Wiki)
The shoes are generally made from hard leather, and only foot kicks are allowed (ie, no shin kicks, knee kicks).

And I figured he'd need some protection for blocking blades. Which reminds me, they block with their shins as well, so I should probably get him some shin guards.

Also, Jov, if you're curious, that Chinese straight sword is called jian.

I spend too much time on Wiki.

Not to seem like a bad-ass or anything, but how do you expect to defend against a large metal pole which at the end of it is a roughly 3 foot long axe/ 1 foot long spike with that little protection?

It's called "Don't Get Hit". Also, a pole-arm's weakness is close range.