Cross café

Iris looked up from her doodling again and had put her headphones back on after editing her playlist. She saw a bunch of people around the jukebox area. The Crow guy, the green man, a Swiss girl, and a red head all stood in the middle. She watched as the redhead' s clothes turned green and change. He yelled at the crow guy, turning as red as his hair occasionally. The crow guy motioned to the whole room, particularly the women, and pointed at another girl, giving a mint to the redhead, who obviously wasn't interested. She couldn't blame him. Few people were interesting enough for her, and with some friends, they just found love stupid. Iris finished drawing and put her head down. She sighed, put her hands on he paper, lifted her head, and flinched. A bright light shone and a lean brown and black-striped she-cat hopped out of it. The cat came up to iris's face and rubbed against it, putting a smile on her face.
"Okay Lyd, can you find the way back to home? Take your time, because I like it here" Iris said.
The cat nodded, her eyes turning from hassle to purple, and proceeded to clean herself.
Iris started doodling again.

"Yes young one, who purposefully shrouds their identity, 'i wonder, was it from betrayal? was it from sheer desire to be mysterious?'" i say "GRAAAAWK!"
"It is very possible, because we come from different sides in reality, yours are more practical, Powerful rules, Harsh rules in which they dont let much knowledge out about magic, and the ones who find out through our envoys of information, are thought of as 'kooky' or 'nuts' am i right, or not, young 'zero'?" i say, slowly letting my real side come out, not fully, just enough, and just in my humanoid shape shell, to where he can see that i am truly 2 different forms, a white crow, with benevolent, evil eyes, and a kind, smiling human that has no gender. "I am the epitome of wrath and patience, charity and greed, gluttony and temperance, diligence and sloth. lust and chastity,kindness and envy, humility and pride. your wrong religions virtues and vices, the lords Life and Death decided that the group of certain animals and another animal, was the perfect way for a single being understand the mandatory pairing of the basic feelings an untainted being should always have." i say, Becoming a human sized white raven, simply pulsing with terrible cravings of sexual, food related, and monetary and existential items, then i become a pure, naked, non genderous human, radiating a feeling of comeplete harmony and satiation. "You have been given an example of my powers, but the only problems are that only one day in a year, i can completely and utterly have full knowledge of my powers, and i can easily fall in battle if one were touch one part in my body, The error of achilles, who was actually a mixture of Puma and human, who fell into your world during the grecian domination times. i am the highest form of being in my planet, i am the Over-Watcher for my entire dimension." i say, going back to my mixed form, and the balance of the room was restored. i collapse, and i wake an hour later.

Zero knew he couldn't let all this get to his head. The one who shrouds his identity? But it was for a good reason and Zero knew this. When the man showed him what he was, Zero couldn't help but seem taken a back. Zero had his differences but nothing he thought of to this extremity. He wondered how the person infront of him came to be the way they were. Swallowing a gulp, Zero was afraid to ask. He was sure he didn't want to unravel more of the mystery, though questions still lingered in his mind. What was this strange world he had been brought to? A strange girl who doodled by herself encasing herself to the confinds of her music, a man, or woman, or whatever it was who Zero had only seen in his nightmares and god knew how many others. He just wanted to know where he was and how he was going to get back. Though there was a part of him that betrayed the rest. A part of him that thought, hey...this could actually be..fun.

Iris watched the scene unfold with her music still on and Lydia still calculating. She saw the crow bellow a speech. She saw him turn into two beings, which she had to say was the second most scary thing she had ever seen, next to watching one of her own souls being taken and eaten by a classmate. She watched as his body hit the floor, very different and tired-looking. She waited for the redhead to react. He didn't move for a while, and it was as if no one else in the cafe saw it. Quickly, she drew up a portal for an inter-dimensional first aid kit and book. If no one did something soon, she was going to go up to the area. And that was as far as she planned, other than figuring out WHAT the crow guy was so she could possibly help.

Not really knowing how to react Zero simply let out a heavy sigh. If Crowwe was so open with his differences Zero wondered if he could be the same way. Even though they were not to the extremity that Crowwe had revealed they were still considered far past the classification of inhuman. Zero remembered the last time he could be open about his abilities as a special classification of humanoid that something tragic had happened. Zero didn't want to repeat the episode. Though he thought that going as far as the basics wouldn't hurt. Zero crossed his arms over his chest and let out another hollow sigh. HE wasn't sure how he would go about this..

Iris' s mind freaked. She didn't want to confront the situation. She would probably end up messing up and killing someone. She sat and stared, holding the kit and book on her lap. She had felt so sure she could do something just moments ago. Her headphones played Heat-Wave Days (or Daze) and she didn't move. She hated the feeling. She wanted to be useful, but ended up making mistakes. She petted Lydia thinking on what she would do.

Zero felt distracted. He felt an uneasiness somewhere in the room and turned to see a lonely girl sitting at a table. The same one that he saw consumed in her music. For some unknown reason he saw the discomfort in her eyes. A sort of longing that he couldn't put his finger on. Unsure, he was not certain it was wise to approach her. After all who was he to her? No one but a random stranger. It was not his job to intervene in her problems. Zero didn't notice it but he was staring at the girl. Looking at her with his scarlet red eyes that normally scared others, though he didn't know what effects they would have on this girl. The eye's gave away allot about a person, though the reaction Zero would get from many when trying to be read was nothingness. As a dear friend of his once told him before her passing, she saw nothing but a sheer loneliness in his eyes, it was odd, at least Zero thought, that he did not see the loneliness when he looked into his own reflection. Looking into the girl's eyes, he wasn't sure what he could see.

The Swiss girl sighed, disappointed by the silence she received, looking around for any table, empty table, finding one in the far corner left alone. Her white beret clashed with the dullness of the shadow as her uniform seemed only to blend in with the dark surroundings. The rifle slung across her back pushed against the seat, her favorite weapon's hammer digging into her back. Adelheid placed her weapon on the table, bored enough to fiddle and clean the weapon, taking the bullets from the loaded firearm and set them on the table, wiping the nozzle of the weapon with her handkerchief.
"So... Bored."
The blonde European girl sighed, continuing to clean her gun.

Iris found herself looking into the eyes of the redhead. She couldn't break from the gaze. Her mind told her to look away, but she couldn't. She felt he was reading her mind, but her mind wasn't breached. She'd had her mind read before, and most of the time she could feel the same exact feeling. But this person was taking something. She couldn't break anything, so she decided to put everything in it. She relaxed her uneasy, distressed mind, and let everything flow.
One of her souls, Wrath, laughed at her. "So Ayano (http://goo.gl/fjFPTx Wrath is mentioning Ayaono's eye power), you're going to project everything to some random guy? Pathetic." Iris shrugged Wrath off.
Greed chimed in, "why don't you do the opposite and steal his emotions. Or Better yet! Steal his soul."
"I can't do that. I'd risk losing my own soul. It's bad enough I have 6 of you little devils sitting on my shoulder. I have no clue where Envy is anyway." Iris argued to herself.
"I have to agree with the guys. But don't do anything. Actually, go sit with the Swiss girl over there. Her Gunn is awesome! It takes less effort to talk about guns than exert emotions." Sloth said.
"SHUT UP." Iris yelled in her head. "I swear Pride, Lust, Gluttony. If one of you says a peep, I will reject your souls!"
"You wouldn't. We are too important!" Pride said. "Oh yeah, PEEP!"
Iris winced, then shut their voices out and forced everything into her vision, unblinking. It slowly drained her the longer she stared, but she successfully managed to not pass out.

Chaos and confusion seemed to be the only things that Zero could pick up. A vortex of emotion and visions. What was all this? He asked himself. He couldn't sort through everything. Unaware of how much time had passed Zero looked away from the girl to see a Swiss girl alone in a corner cleaning her gun. Harmless enough, he thought to himself, to him it didn't seem like she would have any intentions of harming anyone at least. Though why would she carry such a gun around in the first place? Perhaps this dimension had no such thing commonly known o him a weapon laws and restrictions. Though he felt as long as she wasn't shooting at him that it was no matter so he shrugged it off. Voices. Zero looked back to the girl who he had locked gazes with earlier. Small voices, were they hers? Her inner voices perhaps? Though it didn't seem that way to him. Zero remained confused yet continued to observe the obscurity of the situation. So many strange people, he thought to himself. He wanted to find out more, he was letting curiosity get the better of him.

The redhead broke the gaze and immediately Iris pulled back.
"See where that got you?" Every soul said.
Iris, now tired, put her face down on her papers again. She couldn't think or react. She just stopped. The music in her ears melted into random notes playing nothing. She stared at her untouched last cup of coffee, now cold.
Her senses started coming back after a minute, but in a state as she was, it was 30 to her and her music, as if time slowed down and she couldn't move. She slid a paper under her coffee cup, whispered, and once again, it steamed. She sat up, took a sip, and put her head back down. Again by YUI played, the Japanese words slowly making meaning. 'These headphones help me,' she thought. 'And give me meaning to my thoughts and feelings.' She smiled to herself.
"But it's not all you want." Gluttony said.
"He's right you know." Greed piped.
"You want love." Lust said.
"And appreciation." Pride said.
"And revenge." Wrath said.
"And time to relax." Sloth said.
"And everything material and non-material, whether it is yours or not" Gluttony said, as if speaking for himself and Envy.
"You want the universe." Greed said.
Iris's pupils dilated. "Yes." She murmured. Her aura wavered madly, pulsing irregularly. Half of her saw this and wanted to stop. The other had given in and accepted. It was and inward battle, and all anyone else could see was a normal girl (unless they could read mind's) scribbling in her notebook, drowning herself in music, sipping her coffee occasionally.

Now he was interested. Without thinking things through completely Zero did something that never even crossed his mind. He walked over to the young girl and took a seat across from her at the table. Reaching over with out even asking for permission he grabbed her headphones removing them from her ears. What in Satan's hell possessed him to do that??!?!?!?!?! Zero blinked cluelessly a couple of times before he reacted. He had to think of something and fast, something clever, something that would get him out of the hole he had just dug himself!
"Hi"
..........................His consciousness chimed in "You my friend, are royally fucked...."

Iris's eyes went back to their normal state as her headphones were ripped from her ears. Anger shot through her veins and Wrath yelled, "Are you going to let him get away with that?!?!" Iris thought for a second. Since this guy entered the room, my extra souls have become unstable. WHY? It couldn't be something he knows would cause it, so it couldn't exactly be HIS fault. But his actions were much like the reaper hidden as a classmate who ate one of her souls. She ended up slapping him many times when he made her mad. But she couldn't do that to someone she had just met. As her emotions kicked in, the song playing on the headphones changed mid-song to Rolling Girl by Hatsune Miku, as if to tell her a story. She would always be able to tell it was that song, even a mile away.
She sighed, cooling her jets, saying "Hi."

"Sorry if my sudden actions startled you in any way." ZEro said keeping a calm outer personality appearance. Though inside he was panicking. "Oh God knows what this girl might want to do to be right now!!!!" Zero calmly set the headphones down on the table in front of the girl. Pulling back he propped up one of his arms by his elbow and leaned his left cheek into the palm of his left hand that was propped up. He looked at the girl with a seeming fascination, though he knew not why he seemed to captivated. "You seem very interesting." Zero said, it was if he had no control over what he was saying anymore, though he did and he knew it, so why would he confront a random stranger?!

* cough * * cough * "It seems as if the two have realized why they are connected. and also, young Iris, you seem to be missing half of yourself! why, let me help you with that, as all of the terrible vices, one should be able to control them with some heavenly virtues, Yin And Yang." i snap my fingers and some lovely thoughs pop in iris's mind, but they are in crowwe's deep bass voice, but their manners of speech are totally different.
chastity is bellowing in a nagging voice "You should be away from that-that, BOY! and dont you drink that coffee! you need some grain! it doesnt have anything addicting in it!"
and temperance is a peaceful voice " you must relax and examine the area around you, havent you noticed, crowwe might just be nuts, hah."
and charity is an almost singing voice "You would love to help this poor, lonely boy, dont you?"
and diligence is saying in his cut off, deep breathy voice "Hey! careful! that chair could fall over and you could break your spine!"
patience is saying in his almost slothful voice "You must wait, let the crop grow before you harvest the fruit, its about zero, if you know what i mean..."
kindness is saying in a loud, but highly pleasant voice "Give, Give, Joy and happiness!!!"
humility is saying in a slow, extremely quiet, almost silent whisper "Dont tell him about your past in hopes of sympathy"

(also, all of these voices are louder the more they are needed by your character... thats just the way the blessing of the virtues are...)

Iris blushed a little and looked down, thankful for Crowwe's voices but mad at herself for not being able to control the other souls.
"You seem interesting yourself. Especially the hair and eyes. I've seen few people like that in all my dimension traveling."
The headphones still looped the same song. Little anger still ran through her, but it was still there, especially on her left eyelid. Anytime she was aggravated, any birth mark she had as a kid would turn bright red.
"Can you read minds or faces or something? She asked Zero

Interesting? His hair and eyes? It was natural but not very common from the dimension that he came from, so he found it no surprise that it was a rare sight for her to see herself. Could he read minds? Or faces for that matter?
Zero shook his head. It was not part of the abilities that he had programmed into him, but that was more than likely the last thing that he would tell the girl.
"Not particularly. You see." Zero said taking two of his fingers, the index and the middle finger, and placing them in between the girl's eyes brows.
"The eye's give away everything. It's nothing special to know how to read them, or at least translate the feelings that transcend through them as a simple flow itself. The eye's are considered doors into the soul. And because we can never really close emotion out of our eye's completely our souls are always venerable. Always open to anything that could be lingering on the outside. Though it is a door to see into the soul it is not something that can be used to access a soul itself. There fore the eye's are only really useful in gathering information. So to completely answer your question no. It's not an ability of mine in particular but rather and ability that everyone possesses." Zero pulled back his fingers and set them down on the table, through his rambling he never once broke eye contact with the girl, always maintaining a sharp gaze as his scarlet red eye's seemed to pierce through the darkness of his blood red hair.
"Simple enough?"

"Hmm, well i feel almost ignored!" i bellow italicizably

"I know how that feels!"
I say almost under my breath, tucking the hankie back into my uniform pocket.

Iris nodded, still not breaking eye contact. She had heard this before during a philosophy and supernatural talk with one of her friends. They normally talked about time and soul travel. She even taught him the basics of alchemy and meanings to the symbols she drew. She couldn't remember it until after Zero had explained it.
"So what happened to Crowwe? Or maybe he wants to explain his passing out himself?"
She pointed at the Swiss girl. "If you want you can join as well. I can show you my pistol if you want." Iris held up a piece of paper and a pencil