Crimson moon

N

NoHope

Original poster
In a world where it is only night time and never day humans and other creatures try to raise the sun by over throwing Dorand the God of night. By doing so not only the sun will come up but who ever defeated Durand will consume his powers and will become the next God of night. When you become the God of night you have the choice of making it night permanently or temporary. But that's not all that the races have to worry about. If the "third" night God chooses to change it back to night permanently the sun god might awaken and use his power to turn the world into a scorching hot desert. The races main goal is to keep the world's cycles in check and not unbalanced. If they are balanced the races can go back to their normal life's and live a happily ever after.
All iwaku roles apply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Naturally, night bestows it's graceful cloak upon the dark servants of Dorand. Some of his favorites, Orcs, utilized this gift wisely in their strongholds. While not all Orcs are loyal to the dark lord's command, they all have a lust for his power deep inside. This lust made them arrogant and somewhat predictable. And this was a vulnerability that Kaal would exploit as his adventure brings him upon the unsuspecting stronghold. Holding a map to which would lead him to his goal.

As he leapt along the stones of the outter wall, he grabbed at the nearest edge and paced himself, his keen ears picking up the sound of a patrolling Orc scout along the runway. As he heard the hefty creature come to a stop in front of his position, Kal drew one of his daggers and leaned just right over the edge, plunging his blade into the back of the enemy's throat. It made a brief 'urk' as it choked on metal and blood, just before being pulled over the edge and falling off the blade. Kal wasted no time and vaulted over the wall, crotching down and sneaking his way deeper into the camp. He took a moment to pause and assess his current situation.

To the left of him were three buildings-- an armory, a scouting tower, and what he assumed was a mead hall. To his right was a supplies cache litered with gunpowder, a small platoon of Orc soldiers practicing ranks lead by a bigger, more broad looking Orc. It was heavily armored with pale-ish black skin, and mouth full of razors. And circling the inside of the camp was a cart of hay being pulled by War boar. It seemed to pass in and out of the main hall every five minutes. Beside Kaal was a a bell tower, that gazed high up above the camp by twenty feet. It was then he knew his objectives-- Disable the bell and scouts along the ridges, use the cart of hay to escape and infiltrate the hall, search for the map, and leave without suspicion. Quickly sheathing his dagger and bow, then scaling the bell tower; Kaal went to work.

Ascending the tower he saw an Orc looking opposite to his direction. With haste he climbed aboard and slit his throat then cut the bell loose. He drew his bow and quickly picked off the remaining scouts, aiming just right to send their bodies falling outside of the encampment. After dispatching the last of them, he vaulted from the tower just in time to land in the cart of hay. It surprisingly cusioned his fall well considering he was seven feet tall. He peeked a single eye through the hay and could see hundreds of ugly Orc faces passing over, drinking mead and stuffing their gullets with raw meat. It was just then that he felt the cart move downward, then spotted walls of wine barrells out of the corner of his eye. Just as he began to figure out where he was, he was surprised by the hideous mug of an orc in his face, yet unaware all the same. They met eye to eye.. but the orc's was fogged and glassy. Perhaps it was blind in which eye spotted him? "Alright, love.." he said to himself, as he grabbed a pichfork. He then turned to open a large stone over, burning coal, hay, and rotten boar meat alike to ashes to cook their food. It then turned back to the cart and prepared to dispense the hay into the flames.

He gave it a single jab and as he pulled back he felt a snag. Kaal had grabbed the fork to ave himself, but he need to do something before he was discovered. He pulled harder to draw the Orc in, then readied his dagger. It was then the Orc could smell something... different among him. He sniffed closely to the pile of hay, and before it could speak, Kaal stabbed the creature between it throat and jaw-- a clean, silent kill.

Lya sighed, curling up next to the small fire she had created. In the dark she could only hope that no one saw the light of the flames, nor the fumes it emitted. The girl squeezed her eyes shut, trying to convince he mind to sleep. But alas, she knew it was pointless. The girl hadn't slept for nights, not that you could ever tell. Turning onto her back, she stared into the black night sky, only dreaming to see the sun again. She knew about her sister's plans, and she had some of her own. It was the only reason she hadn't run away. Her sister planned on obtaining the status of Goddess and Lya knew that she would continue the darkness. But then in turn, wasn't it possible for the sun god to reveal himself, sending the world into a fiery desert? Yeah, she could live with that, but it was unlikely.At any cost, the fire elemental knew she had to stop her sister.

"Lya!" the girl heard her name called, the voice sending chills down her spine. Sighing softly t herself, she put out the fire and sat up, looking around for its source. "Lya, there you are," Erinda muttered, walking to her little sister. "I thought I asked for iced tea? Where is it? You can't live here unless you're willing to work for it."

"I know, I know," Lya muttered. "And technically you didn't ask. You demanded."

"I don't care. Just get me iced tea!" Erinda growled, smiling to herself when Lya scrambled off to retrieve the drink. Ah, if only the girl knew of her plans, maybe then she wouldn't be such an annoying little brat. The smile left the girl's face, considering the fact that Lya was slowing her down. 'Maybe it is time to get rid of her,' she thought to herself, turning to walk back to her room. She only ever spent time in her room where it was the coldest. As Erinda pushed her way into the icey room, she turned back to the running Lya, who almost tripped. "Be careful! You almost spilt it!"

"Sorry," Mumbled Lya, looking away.

"You've been playing with fire again, haven't you?" Erinda asked, studying the cold glass.

Lya shook her head quickly, a sign that she was lieing. "No, I wasn't."

Erinda turned back into her room. "Follow me."

This shocked Lya, whom had never been allowed in the room. She stood uncertainly for a moment before following the older girl. She didn't dare speak. If Erinda had wanted to punish her, she wouldn't have brought her to her fao=vourite place in the mansion, so why was she here?

"Lya, darling," erinda began. Lya felt another cold chill run down ehr spine. She wasn't never called that. "It seems that you are growing up quickly. And you're still as dumb as ever." The blonde turned quickly, throwing an ice dagger at her sister, who then ducked. "However, you are slowing me down. I must be rid of you."

Lya squeaked, turning and running out the door, though it didn't work. The halls closed in front of her, the mansion having been made of ice. Huffing, she held up a palm, shooting a ball of fire, only just enough to make a hole in the wall. Jumping through, she winced as the ice tried to close around her, only just missing. She didn't dare stop, running straight ahead towards the next wall, one she knew would lead to the outside. Her only problem was that she was unsure what side of the mansion she was and if she went through, it would either be onto the front lawn or over a cliff. Swallowing her fear, she created another hole, jumping through, only this time the ice managed to cut her on the way out. She screamed as she fell, realising only to late what side she was on.

-En the hunter-

As En woke up he saw that he was still in the little tree house he built for shelter. He stood up and jumped out of the tree. He climbed up onto another tree and looked around the area. He took out his black knigh and cut his hand. Then black blood came out and he formed it into a robe made of blood. He put his knigh away and jumped to the next tree and did a barrel roll into the ground. He ran up to the lake and washed his hands. He looked at his reflection and thought, "I need to go home, but if I do I would be punished." He took out his notebook and starte
to right down the weird things he loves so much.

t̞̟̗̘͙͇̓̎̎̂ͭ̚h̩͔͚͇̺̥͇̄ͦͧ̓ͥ̓ͦ̀é̩̋̂̊ ͓͇̥͖̫a͔̲̣̥͎̍͐̈́̀̅̔͜r̗̣̖̺t͌ͬ͛͏ ͏͔͔o͗́f͈̭̞̮̤͇̬͌̂ͦͪ̏ ͔̯͓̺͔̔̓̈́b̺̗̓̈́͐͜l̷̥̔̂͑̌ỏ̤̭͈̜͌̾ͫ̌͢o̭̹̪͛̈́͐̂͜d̴͈̉͂ ̪͙̦̽̌͒̒̀m͇̹͍̺̻̼̔o̐͊͜l̜̗̬͙̻̘͔̈́̑̈̍͊͆̿͠d̀͆̽ͥ̌͊į̖̮͍̠̊ͬñ̨͕̰ͫ̂̚g̘̍͐̏ͯ̅̾̊.̵̼͓ͬ̂̇̈̓ ̸͎̬̞͈̱ͭ̌́̉̄ͤ
͖͈̹͚̲͍̠̏̇ͨ͑̽̔I̅̀͏̣̯̪̰f̪̞̞ͣ̔ͦ̈̈͊ͯ ̬͉̗̖͎̍̾̚y̦̓͐ͨ͒ͧ͐̍ó͒͌̅̓̃̾u̳̬̩̼̱͍̻̅̐̅ͣ̈͆ͬ͟ ͖̬̆̾̅́̐ͫw̴̓͌ą̦̳̠̘͇̌̔ͥͩ̈ͪ̽ṉ̖͎̝̹̬̦͂ͬͮ̓͑͆t̢̜̟̞̠̘̭̤ͭ̆ͫ̑̏̈́̈́ ͓͚̞̖̮ͬͤͣ̒ͧ̉͡ț̗̜̹̗̔ͯͅo̞̭̦̐ ̣̩ͪ̆ͫ̔́ͦů͍ͧͅs̵̪͇̱͇̞̤̋é̺̩̬̣͍͇ͯ̐͜ ̵͎̎ͥ͑ͬ̃̈́̔y̥͙̘͗̿̅̿̐̊̒o͖̝̱͙͌̀̾̅u̖̝̾ͣͮ͆ͩ̑r̙̗̼͢ ̯̮̑́b̶̻̩͚̝̽l̎̿̑͒͗̀o̴̼̞͇̫̎͆̊ͨͅỏ͙̖̻̭̺̣́͛͠d̠̬͕̪̞̦͓̔̀͋ͤ͂ͪ͌ ̩̮̳͚̏ͭ͛̓t̀ͮͮ̾͟o̺̺̻̞̞̯͋͝ ͚̜̲̹̬͕͂ͤ͒̈́̚ͅm̭̟̭͇ͣ̔̈́ͧ̂o̔͂ͬ͋̎͏ḻ̝͈̻̺̑́d̏̀ ̊ȧ̵̪̮̼̙͍̙̿ͫnͭͤͯ͡d̘̤̠̎͗ͤ͝ ͣ̀̍͊c͈r̫̲̰̳̜̪̃̚ë͕̞̼͚̮́̾͝ͅa̰͑͘te̍̀͠ ͯͦ͊̂ț̞̟̲̳̯̦h̰͕̤͖i̭ͮ͊́̌n̔̇ͬ̅ͯ҉͓͈̫̰̩g̬͍͎̟̝̜̯̔͑ͧ̎̄ͭ̕ș̪͓̙̰̬̌̅͋ͅ ͎̣̱̩̳̥̥̈́̂̂̉ͪy̷͕̌ͥ̾oͮͥ̓͂̚ǔ͇̟̪̘͇̹͌͌͐͌ͅ ̼͚̱̯͂̏̿ͬ̈́̅ͅm̜̼̱̺͇͟u͎͙̰̞̟̟ͬ͊ͭ̋͞s̫̳͔̣̺ͬ͗̽͡t̘͖̦̒ͮ ̷̪̮͔̭̱͛b͚̱̮̮̬͕͊̓͒e̳̹͓̮̐ͥ̎͗̃ͤ͒̕ ̜̲͉̏̀̽͋ǧ̮̄́̿́r̼̙̮͕͇ͨ̾ͩ̏͠a͔̲̙̻̜͎͉̐ͤ̒n̯̖̠t̮̩̗ͯ̃͟ͅe̦͔ͩ̍d̙̱̳͙̒̃ ̳̲̭͈ͬt̫̗̬̩̒h̩̼̾͆͘é͖ ̖̋g͓̞͚ͫi̖͓̺ͥ̊͐f̗͕̖̺͇͎͕͂̈͊ṭ̴̦̯̭ͦ̽̎ ̛͚͔͉ͪ̊͐ͭ̈́õ̟̦̪̱̺̲̼̓̀͊ṙͧ҉ ͤ͏͓͈̣c̻̦̈́ͨ̔ͩ̑ủ̆̓ͤ͌͐r̔̑̔̾͂͂̎s̷̃͋̅͊e̩̲͔̫̜̝ͨ̈ͧ̀͆̀ ̣̭̜̞͑ͯo̥͈̝̟̱̔̊̇͟ͅf͂̓̈́͛́ͫ̇ ̔̚҉̹̠͉̠b̴̅̋̏̋͌l͝a͉͙͉̼̝ͧ̅́͗ͪͦ̓ͅc̤̓̓ͯ͐̊͐̅͢k̸̖̟̟̗̟̮̫̇ͣͥ͋͑͆͗ ̰̦̮͙̫̣ͮ̈̿̉ͥ͆b͕̣̪̮ͬͭͯl̡͚̬͕͇̪͍̺ͭ̉̿̓̉o̓ơ̜̹̹̭͉d͇̳͇̫̅ͅ.͍͇͓̹̥̐̇̓̍
̮ͤ͂͜I͈̙͓̥̜f̳̥͖̻͍͈ ̢̮͙̩͕̞̩̦̌y̜̥̜̓̆̃̿͒ͦ͝ò̲u̐̆̇͗͆̍̚ ̪͖̏͘tͬ͆̉ͩ̆ͫ҉̣̯͈̲̣̪r̖͓̀űͫͨl̐̉͗̓ͤy̶̲̰͂ͦ ̯̟͍̰̼͎w̘͈̖̳͓̩a̲͎͓̯̩̖̎͑ͮ̉̏͝n̛̻͔̗̫̠t̫̲͓̣͈̏ͭ̐̽͡ ̐͊ͯ͂̾̃t̴͓̞ȏ̤̉̿̂ ͓̠͕͖̰b̥̱́̂̀̍ê̡̞̘̜͂ͪͫ̚c̨̼̦̊o̯̔ͩͤ̂̽͝m͓ͅé̝͓̟̙̤́ ̨̹̼͎̱͓͔͈ͥa̦̯ͨ́ ͉̙̲̻̯̂ͬ̍̊b̮̻̀l̺̰̗̄ͬ̌o̳̻̿̍̊͗̎̍ͭo̻͙̦̻̯̓d͓͈͇̤̠̭ͭ̈ ̥̮̤̱̙̒̕ͅm̠̫͍̳̮͓͇͂ͦ́̐̾͛o̸ŕ̺̳́́ͫ̊̑̂͟ĺ̏̎d̘̬̱̰̺̭̊̈̀ͅe͔͈ͤ̋r̥̣͚͖̖̰̖͜ ̶͚ͥ̐ͩy̭̲̫͕͉̟̘͋͆̉ͮ̿͋̎͢o̮̖u̱͔͓͚̞͙̿̈́͘ ̲̹̄s͚̺h̺̭̣̆o̰̟̗͚͕͍̲̽̋̒͌ȕ̷̻̣̣̊̑̽̽ͨ̚ͅl̢̗̹̖̯̻͈̞̉ͭ̓d̠͕̥̗͇̞̊̃̎̚ ̽̎͛ͥ̚҉͍͉̭͔b͕̜̩̞̫̓̋̚é̶̫̜͓͈̲͛̃c̪͎̱̬̬ͯ̿̃ͅo̢̱̰̺̠̳͕̜ͪm̏͂̓ͧ͒̔҉̮͓͇ḙ͇͐̒̃ ̢̞̮̖͂͂t̰̫̫͓̖̠̲̽͑̓͂̌h̙̣̮͈͉͕̾̑ė̬̥̭̪̣̪̜ ̻̠̊ͨͫͪ̂̂G͉̤̱̮̎̒̚o̦̦͚ͤ̋̿͟d̮̽ ̱̞̘̗͛ͥ̈̽̓ơ͍̠̋f̝͎̭ͧͨ̃̇͛̎̇ ͏͉͔͍̺̗t͈͔̪̔̍͊̏͠h̹̟e̗̞͖̰͗͌ ̷̥̦͉̽̍ͯͦͫ̓͒n̛͔ͪͤͫͩi̸͍̮͎̞͒ͨ̄̿g̹̟̟̙͙̪͊̀ḥ̴̘̳̊̃̍̍ͅͅẗ́ͫ̔̃̌.̬͉͋ ͕͍͋ͯ̂̔͞
̨̱̼͕̿ͣ͒ͬͣ͐B͕ͦͯ̌ͥ̂̽̇ĺ̗͎̻̙͙̣ą̹̙̲̗͚͉͆ͨ͂ͥĉ̱̖̓ͧ̓ͭk͖̰̹̤̝̝̩ͧͦ̐ ̸̲̓̋͌̿ͦ̚b̧̬̐l̿̆̓o̧̙̳͎̥͖̫ͦ͒̒͑̀ͅŏ̶̭̣̖͉̯ͣͤ͒͋̓d̘̦̟͙͇͔̂̀̆ ̠̣̫̓́ͮͫ̾͡i̻͉͈̊́̊̋̒̽̎ŝ̗̥̦͉̏ ̺̜̥̥̼̭̭̎͂̏̈ͪa̭̣̟̝̮͚̱͛̇ ̠̯̜̻̯̠̀ͯ̍c̼̟̹͗͒u̮̙͚͓͉͈ͧ͛͑̇̐r͙̥̺̃̍ͥ͋ͨ̒ͯ͠ś͉̟̓ͭͬ͞e͐́̽̿̾̉ ̏n͉̗̝͕͎̪̩͑̐̊͑͛o̝̪͓ͪ͛ͮ͐ṱ͔̬͂̎̌̉ ̮̞͚̗͒ͨͤͧ̓a̷̿͗ ̢̺̈ͩ̒̉̒͛̃ͅgͣ̇ͩ̉͐͏̠̣͇i̵̳ͮ͊͂̀͂̂͑fͪ̿̑ͣͩ͛̚ṫ̹̠ ̞͔͓̆̓̃̄̾͂ͥifͥ͏̖̳͔ ̦̈y̩̿ͦo̺ų̥̦̳̥̘̲̈ͦ̊̈̚ ̱̣̣̺̣̟̰͞h̗̘̣̯͓̗a͇̰̦͔͂͊͆ͦ̽v̸̮͓͚ͩ̓ë͇̰̥̹́̂ ̥̮̩̟̠̉͌ͭ͠t҉̣̼̺̱͕̯͍h͎̫̺͚́ͨ̚͘į̲š̠͓̀ ̤̮͇͈̠̺̣̔"̻̻̻͙̄͒̐͜b͇̟͕̪̘̻̺ͩl̖̗͉ͨͥ̈́̆ͭ̀a̷̝͙ċ̱͈͐ͤ͒ͯ̇k̝̤͖̐̇̐̍̈͛ ͍̺ͩ̃ͣ͗b̘̃ͮl͚̖͗̑̉͒ͧ̈́̈́o̶̥̍ͮͩͤ̽ͧo͓̣̥̼͇̦ͭ͛̎͊̈ḋ͒̾ͮͤ̈́͌"͔͓ ̰̱ͦ͑͜y͗̓ͫ̊͒͏͖o̿̉̒̇̍ͫ͌uͧ ̨̫͎͇̖̹͍̗͌ͮ̇w̺̋ͤ͒ͧi̡͖̳̲͙͖̦ͯͨͤ̀ll͈͕͓̙͓̪̭ b̖̟̞͉̠̯ͯ̂͗̓ͮͬͅe̟̤̞̍ͧ̽̉̇̃̓ ̴͖̱͓̫̋ͯ̽ͥͥ̈́̚f̬̜͍̮̎ͥ̾̅͒̊͋o̹͎͙̰̜͚̓ͪ̐͊r̞͎̂̔͊ͅ ̱͉͈͎̘̝̏̽͘e̐ͣ͊͏͔͎̖v̧̟͙̌̐e̹͉͖͉̬ͨ̈́ͤ͛ͭ̔ṛ̻̲ͩ ̮͚͖sͫͩh͕͉̥̽̃ͪ̐ͯ̕u͍͖͍̳͍͓̼͟nn̵̟̦̟̖̖͚̣ͨ̀̚e̲d.
He put away his note book and went back to his tree house and started to fall asleep.

.:LUCIFER TAKA:.
Lucifer wakes up from his nap by the cherry blossom trees on top of a bright green grassy hill. Lucifer grabs his scythe and gets up to perform daily recon. Walking around the forest casually he stumbles upon many skulls laying on the ground near his feet, shocked by this Lucifer looks left then right then left again to only discover a endless forest of trees and dead silence however, he then suddenly hears a quick snap sound behind him where he would then quickly unsheath his scythe and point it forward as he turned backwards. Noticing only a black wolf that is surprisingly passive, Lucifer stands there in silence for a while confused over the situation Lucifer sheathes his scythe and bends down to pet the wolf. The wolf is pleased with the petting and decides to follow Lucifer.
Walking through the forest for a while the wolf smells something and leads Lucifer to a location of a person, Lucifer and the wolf hides in the distant bushes to spy on someone washing his hands in a lake and talking to his self.

Erinda walked over to the hole and peered out, frowning when she couldn't see her younger sister in the darkness. Of course, it was a long way down and there was no way of surviving. "Finally," she muttered, shaking her head and taking a sip of her drink. "She's gone. Poor thing, i could have made it less painful for her to die." The ice element laughed, turning her back on the sealing hole and walking away. In the moonlight, the ice mansion glowed a brilliant blue, allowing anyone inside the ability to actually see where they were walking. Erinda walked briskly back to her room, repairing the hallway as she did so. Now that her sister was gone, she knew she had to do all the work, but at that moment, it didn't matter, nothing was holding her back from what she wanted.

Lya groaned, squeezing her arms around the bending branch an only hoping that it didn't break. It was pure luck that she managed to hold on after unexpectedly falling off the edge. huffing, the branch slowly slipped through her fingers and the girl closed her eyes tightly, finally letting go of the branch and crashing to the floor. After taking a moment to catch her breath, Lya opened her eyes, feeling a bit dizzy. "Now what?' she asked herself, pushing herself up into a sitting position. It hurt, but she ignored the pain, knowing her sister would check for her body soon enough. She had to keep moving.

Once the world had stopped spinning, Lya hauled herself to her feet, chose a direction and started walking, stumbling along a small animal path. She almost tripped a few times, but kept on moving, knowing that there was a river around here somewhere. When the moon was full, you could see for miles over the edge, now, all she had to do was figure out where she was and what direction to go. It wasn't long before she finally found the river and she sighed, sitting by the edge, exhausted. She yawned and curled around a new fire, closing her eyes to sleep.