8 a.m. to 3 p.m. EST
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern Fantasy, Fantasy, Psychological, Action, Steampunk
darkred As a result of the poll found here, it's been decided that the first roleplay I'll be attempting to GM since my recent reincarnation as a semi-active member of Iwaku is something I've aptly titled 'Criminal Circus'. Read on to find out more.

Criminal Circus

Premise

Criminal Circus focuses on a small group of individuals who've gone largely ignored by the world. Some of them may want to be noticed, others may not. Either way, their entire world changes when a mysterious girl approaches them and offers them their own unique power. Along with this power, she promises to help them become a presence that can't be ignored by 'making some noise'.

Thus, the Criminal Circus is born.

The roleplay will focus on their many endeavors to make the world notice them, and what they discover about themselves along the way. More important than the plot is the character development that each person goes through. That being said, the plot is still a work in process (hence why the prefix for this is Group RP Plotting).

Your Role

You all will play, of course, the individuals chosen by the aforementioned 'mysterious girl'. You do get to decide on your own power, but they'll all have to be approved by me before they can be accepted into the roleplay. For this particular roleplay, I'll be looking for characters in between the ages of 13 and 18 that can essentially be considered 'orphans'.

Outside of your character, I'm also looking for help in coming up with 'episodes', each featuring a different 'crime' that the group undertakes. Suggestions can tie into your character's personal story. In fact, such suggestions are encouraged.

Once I have enough of an outline fleshed out, I'll make a genuine OOC, followed by an IC once we have a decent number of characters. I don't actually have a minimum limit on this, and the thread linked above got enough interest that we should be good if everyone who voted decides to join. Don't be shy if you didn't see that thread or vote though. I can probably squeeze some people in.

sweet

Reactions: Aois
*is the awkward person with all the questions*

So.....does that mean we work on our characters now and post them here...? (After PM approval?)

Characters will be posted in the OOC after I come up with a plot outline. You can PM me a character idea if you'd like, and it may help with brainstorming plot points if you already have a character in mind.

Characters will be posted in the OOC after I come up with a plot outline. You can PM me a character idea if you'd like, and it may help with brainstorming plot points if you already have a character in mind.

Alright, awesome! I'll come up with some ideas then.

Reactions: noodle
Hello hello~ I'll just be placing my interest here! ;D

waves

EEEEE. *just squealing don't mind me i get excited way too much for my own good*

I'd like to join! I have some ideas for the crimes though, and different things, if you'd like to hear them.

I do have a question though. Would the power be a specific power, or could it be more of a general idea? (Control over air, element, technology or such.)

• Love
Reactions: noodle
Hey! I've been lurking on this post since I saw your post in the other thread. Is the RP still bound to happen? Just wondering!

Oooh, this looks shiny. I have a question that's probably really dumb considering the prefix of this thread XD If we have plot related ideas should we just drop them here, or would it be better to give them to you via PM?

This looks like a perfect opportunity to cause chaos, mind if I drop in? ;)

I like the premise of this role-play a lot. A common narrative must be placed, though, due to the fact A. all the characters are criminals and B. They all have their own goals.

What keeps us from betraying the girl, or going off on their own.
But I do like the idea of chapters and heists in those chapters, perhaps those heists could be the key to these kids keeping their powers or getting new ones?

The concept of an episode format is intriguing. I'm interested. :u

Ye

-not stalking Bear-

This got way more replies since I last checked Iwaku, holy shit-

EEEEE. *just squealing don't mind me i get excited way too much for my own good*

I'd like to join! I have some ideas for the crimes though, and different things, if you'd like to hear them.

I do have a question though. Would the power be a specific power, or could it be more of a general idea? (Control over air, element, technology or such.)
It would depend on what you had in mind. Just hit me with ideas and I'll see what I can do. Definitely hit me with the crime ideas as well. I'll need loads of help with that.
Hey! I've been lurking on this post since I saw your post in the other thread. Is the RP still bound to happen? Just wondering!
Yeap! Still happening. Blame college life for the pace of things and all. Still in the planning stage!
Oooh, this looks shiny. I have a question that's probably really dumb considering the prefix of this thread XD If we have plot related ideas should we just drop them here, or would it be better to give them to you via PM?
Here or there is fine. Group collaboration would be best though, so we can all tweak things to our liking. We're still very much in the planning stage.
This looks like a perfect opportunity to cause chaos, mind if I drop in? ;)
Have at it! We're still in the planning stage though, so if you could help out with that, it'd be great.
I like the premise of this role-play a lot. A common narrative must be placed, though, due to the fact A. all the characters are criminals and B. They all have their own goals.

What keeps us from betraying the girl, or going off on their own.
But I do like the idea of chapters and heists in those chapters, perhaps those heists could be the key to these kids keeping their powers or getting new ones?
I initially imagined all the characters being around 13-18, and they aren't 'criminals' at the RP's start, perse. She gives each of them powers in exchange for them joining her in causing all sorts of trouble. There's an underlying purpose in all that, though that's a bit of a spoiler alert. Character relationships will definitely vary depending on the person though. We'll have to take that into account.

@Everyone else (I know this doesn't actually work, but...)

This is still in the planning stage, so toss any ideas you have at me, be it for crimes, character concepts, powers, etc.

Also, a heads up that I only have access to a PC on Mondays and Wednesdays, but I'll try to get around to questions and such on other weekdays via my phone. Thanks for all the interest as well. I was not expecting this type of reaction when I posted this, haha. Probably the second biggest, if not the biggest crowd I've ever had for one (@Verite probably knows which one was the biggest, seeing how he was part of it and all).

I'll try my best to prepare things to everyone's expectations! Just bear with me and my college-going self!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Bears and Verite
Just a heads up that I'm actually changing how I'll be doing this. Save all your crime ideas and such for discussion in-character. I feel having the discussion as our characters will add another dimension to the roleplay (or something like that).

I'll try to have an OOC up sometime before March. It all depends how much college decides to bombard me.

Status
Not open for further replies.