Crime

Kaylee woke up when she heard Jace sit beside her. First day in and he hasn't even listened properly already. "Breakfast," she said simply giving him a disappointing glare. She pointed to the fridge hoping he would understand her. She heard shuffling behind her and felt a tap to her shoulder.

Turning around she saw a man from the intelligence department with papers in his hand. It looked like he was up all night. He gave Kaylee the stack of papers before running off to god. knows where. Cocking her eyebrow she realized that it was background information for Jace. She skimmed it quickly and looked up at Jace when it said his brother was a police officer. That was going to be a problem. The brother -Iven the paper says- Mostly likely noticed Jace's absence.

Jace frowned, looking over at her.

"I'm not hungry..." he sighed and rested his head in his hands.

Then suddenly somebody came in and handed her some papers. He looked over and realized that it must be something about him. Jace smirked a bit.

"My brother will catch on...and you won't catch him. It would be a little too convient for both of us to disappear."

"Who says you're staying here?" Kaylee said giving him a 'you got to be kidding look' "You are going home and I thought of the perfect cover for us" she gave him a wink before standing up. She walked out of the room and to her room changing before coming back into the room."Let's go" she said grabbing the keys and walking out the door not really caring if he was following her or not. She stoppe walking beside a purple sports car. Slipping into the car she started it and waited for Jace to come.

Jace frowned and got to his feet. He couldn't wait to get home and talk to Ivan about this. He would get him out of this and things would go back to normal. Jace sighed and waited for her to change before following her back out. What she changed into made him look twice at her. She looked...Fantastic! He blinked in suprise and tried not to stare. The boy swallowed the lump in his throat and cleared it, following her out to a Fancy purple sports car. He opened the door and slid into the car looking at her.

"What is to stop me from telling my brother?" Her made her look him in his bright eyes as he spoke firmly. His jawline tightened.

"Easy, you yap and you'll find yourself and your brother dead in the next few hours," she said with an innocent smile. She kissed him on the nose as a promise before pulling away and speeding off towards Jace's watching out for cops. Minutes later she stopped infront of his address looking at the quaint house.

Steppin outside she put on a large smile walking towards the door and locking it after Jace got out. She held her head high and knocked on the door waiting for his brother to answer.

His cheeks flushed a bit as he turned away from her kissing him on the nose. The ride home was a bit tense...She had threatened to kill him and his brother. He would have to keep his mouth shut...Not only did Iven provide for him, he provided for his daughter. Lucie his niece had been born just before Iven got his current job. Lucie's mother had decided not to be apart of Her life and Iven being a good man, took on all responsibilities of caring for her. Iven was not only a good father but good brother so He had to do it for them..

He was shaking a bit as the girl went up to the door and waited. He knew Iven would be home with Lucie. Moments later Iven awnsered the door. Iven was about five foot ten and his deep brown hair was handsomly trimed to police standards. He held Lucie on his hip. Lucie had sparkling silver eyes, a warm adorable, infectious smile, and beautiful reddish, brown hair. She giggled and looked at the woman.

"Hello Pwetty lady!"

Iven chuckled warmly and smiled, his deep blue eyes locking with the woman. His voice was authoritive but warm and friendly.

"Good morning Miss, What can I Help you with?"

"Bonjourno bella~" Kaylee said in perfect Italian. "You must be Jace's brother? He talks about you all the time, I am Valentina" she said her accent moving all the word properly. If she gave out her real name she would probably be found out really quickly. She spun around calling out for Jace to come out. She waited patiently for Jace keeping up her composure.

"You little devil snuck out last night to come and see me, I'm sorry if I caused you any worry keeping him until the morning," She gave Ivan an innocent smile "And who is this I pray tell?"

Jace came out of the car forcing a smile for Iven, a frown would give too much away. He walked out the car and up the steps, stopping right beside The girl. Iven nodded and smiled.

"Yes Madame I am, He wasn't causing Any trouble was he?" As he said this he turned to Jace.

Before he could say anything Iven ordered him inside and smiledd, kissing Lucie on the top of her head. She smiled and giggled with glee.

"This is my Daddy! Who are you? Does Uncle Jace like you Miss Pwetty Lady?"

Kaylee let herself in smiling. She looked at pictures of whn Jace and Ivan was younger, picking them up. Unbeknownst to anyone she placed a bug on it before placing it down again. "Oh Jace didn't cause a problem I couldn't handle" she said winkin at the older man.

"I am surprised that he didn't tell you about me, he's such an honest kid I figured he would," Kaylee sighed "Well I finally got to meet you."

She turned to the child saying "Well I definenatly like Jace, how about you ask him if he likes me?" she said.

Jace Frowned as she let herself in but it seemed as if Ivan objected to it he would have said something. Ivan looked at Jace, wapping him upside the head.

"Ouch!" he yelped, rubbing the spot on his head.

"I'm just as suprised Miss Valentina, I am deeply sorry for his rudeness." he shot a look in Jace's direction. "Next time he will have the decency to introduce a lady, treat her properly."

Jace wanted to explain who she was but he had to keep it on the down low to preserve the lives of himself, Ivan and Lucie. When the woman asked Lucie to ask him that question he shot a scowl at her then made it disappear just as fast, turning back to his niece.

"Miss Valentina is a very intresting, busy lady, so be a good girl and stay out of her way alright?" he forced a smile for her.

Lucie nodded eagerly, grinning. Ivan looked at the woman.

"Is there anything else I can get you Miss..?"

"Can you tell me where your bathroom is?" She asked snickering a bit when Ivan smacked Jace. 'Such, interesting people' she thought as she looked on the family dynamic. Growing up in an institution didn't really allow for all the warm cuddly feelings people had.

"Other than that I should be going," Kaylee brushed her hair back and fixed her blouse "You know how work can get sometimes, just having to go all the time,"

Ivan smiled a bit and pointed her down the hall.

"Second one on the right."

As she left for a few moments he turned to his brother.

"Man, tell me where your going, especilly if your going to be spending the night with a woman like that."

Ivan grinned and before Jace had the chance to say anything in return Kaylee came back. Jace listened to her and put on a fake smile, saying this rather sarcaticlly.

"Yes! I know how you feel, especilly when It's a job that you don't want."

He didn't say it out right but what he ment exactly was in his eyes for Kaylee to see.

While she was gone she placed bugs in every room just to make sure Jace wouldn't tell any one. Once she got back she heard Ivan's comment giggling a bit. When she heard Jace speak she looked right at him and said "Yes, I know, but fortunately for me, I love my job"

She gave everyone an innocent smile before walking up to Jace "But I really must be going, I'll see you around," she said before planting a kiss on the boys lips and saying goodbye to every one before leaving the room.

He frowned as she said she loved her job. Jace looked at her and took a step forwards.

"Of course you love your job yo-"

Before he could finnish his sentance the girl placed a kiss on his lips. His face lit up a hundred shades of red as she kissed him. Jace couldn't help but notice that her lips were warm and soft...It only made him more embarressed. As she pulled away he looked away and turned around starting to walk down the hall. He was going to turn around and give her his contact information...so he didn't have to be kidnapped again, the boy rationalized, but she was gone and he remembered the intellegence personel. Jace growled and sighed...sauntering off into the house. He had a feeling that his life, was never going to be normal. EVER AGAIN. He stalked off and awaited the next request from his brand-new boss.

Once she slipped into her car she rolled her eyes and drove off. While she was speeding down the street her phone rang. Answering she heard the angry voice of her boss yelling in her ear. She winced pulling the phone away from her ear for a moment before placing it back explaining what happened in point form. She heard a sigh on the other line before she was ordered to go to main base. A stroke of fear ran through her and she agreed, now going faster racing to get the older mans home.

For the rest of the evening Jace just laid on his bed reading Manga and watching Anime. There wasn't much to do or say. Well technicilly speaking there was alot to say but not muc?h he COULD say. Jace fixed his hair and went out into the kitchen, grabbing whatever it was tonight that Ivan had made. Tonight it was Just pizza. He must have had a long day with either work or Lucie. Picking up his food he went off back to his room. As he laid back he felt his phone vibrate and he shot up in suprise. Pulling his phone out of his pocket he awnsered it.

"Y-Yeah?"

When Kaylee heard Jace's voice she said "Be ready in ten minutes a white van will be picking you up at the corner of your street. Oh, and Jace? Dress nicely the boss wants to meet you," she hung tapping her foot. She was sitting in Vincent's office waiting for him to come back. He went off to have dinner a few minutes ago and told Kaylee to have the boy here before he got back. Not one to disappoint she called her team to arrange transport and then Jace. It was now just a matter of waiting.

"Are you serious?" he asked, looking over at his clock. "It's almost eleven thirty at night!"

Jace got to his feet, starting top pace the length of his room.

"If I don't get killed by you people even if I'm technicilly almost an adult Ivan will have my head served on a silver platter if he finds out I'm doing this...! And I havn't worn a suit since my parents got married over ten years ago, I'll do my best but don't expect too much..."

With that he clicked his phone shut and went into Ivan's room, looking through his closet. Jace found a crisp, sharp looking shirt, dress pants, and suit that looked practically brand new. He snuck them out and dressed before going to the mirrior and fixing his hair nicely but with style. Jace rubbed the sleep from his eyes and went out to the corner. There a white van, just like she had said, pulled up and he climbed in. If Ivan didn't kill him, his new boss definitly would...

The van drove off only giving Jace a split chance to get his seat belt on. It took about thirty minutes and always going at least twenty over the limit they arrived. The house was just out of town. It was brick with creme trimmings. Some vines growing around the house took the liberty to climb up in.
The driver gave quick instructions to the office, which was on the top floor in the east wing.

Kaylee bounce her leg nervously as she waited for the boy. Vincent would be here in a matter of ten minutes by the clock set on the wall.

He was jolted back into his seat as they screeched away. It was a long, quite ride over there but finally they arrived and he was glad to be out of the van. Jace climbed out and followed his instructions. The house was quite extravegant looking. Everything looked expensive, so he didn't touch it. Finally he found the woman and approached her.

"I hope this is alright, it's the best I got."