Crime of Passion (Storm Rider and Cheshire'sWonder

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Justin mentioned that he'd wanted to be closer than just friends before she'd moved away, she couldn't help but be shocked. She'd never thought of as anything more than her best friend. She hadn't been a girl that was freaked out by cooties or obsessed about guys either. She'd just busied herself with other things. Boys never had crossed her mind in that sense so if Justin had ever told her anything about this when they were kids, she never would've really let it go further since she hadn't been interested. Though now might be a different story if things went well between them....No, she couldn't afford to think of that. ...Or could she? A small plan started to form in her mind.

She was brought of her thoughts when Justin asked if she wanted to play together. "Sure. It could prove to be interesting," she replied, smiling. She turned to her guitar case and opened it up to pull out her guitar while Justin went to get his. On the back of the guitar, which Justin hadn't seen before, were several different stickers of places she'd been. There were some from New York city, Los Vegas, London England, few from Mexico, and even one of Paris. She'd traveled a lot. It helped to through the authorities off as to her where-abouts which was fine by her. She enjoyed traveling.

Justin moved into his room and grabbed his guitar of the stand in the corner of the room. He quickly checked the tuning before coming out of the room. He chuckled lightly as he started play one of Trinity's favorite songs from when they were little. It had made her smile so many times before. He wondered if he could erase the years of loneliness of her past. She should have just come home, to him. He sat on the little couch looking at Trinity with a smile.

"What do you want to play?" He asked. He looked down to the guitar she carried, remembering all the times that guitar was with them. It almost felt like they were little kids again, playing and just goofing off, avoiding homework. He knew those days had long passed and they had grown up, but it wasn't wrong to think about them. He wanted the memories of their happy childhood to be the only thing Trinity thought of right now. He didn't want her to be sad and think of the wrongs people had done to her, or the wrongs she did to others as she tried to survive. She wasn't on the streets anymore. She was in a home that she would be protected and cared for in. She could be happy here and no one would try and ruin it. He hoped she would be able to get a job here, even if it was one that didn't pay that much. He could support the two of them. Trinity would never have to live on the streets again.

Trinity glanced up when she heard a familiar tune playing and couldn't help smiling when she saw Justine playing. She hadn't heard that song in a long time and for a bit, she tried to figure out why it sounded so familiar. She moved to the living room as well when it finally clicked that, that used to be the song that he'd play often to her when they were kids. She couldn't believe he remembered it still! She'd basically forgotten about it till he played it just now.

She shrugged at his question. "I'm fine with whatever, I know most songs that are out right now, along with a few of my own. Any song in particular you'd like to play?" Trinity asked as she looked at him. By now, she'd decided on how she'd handle this whole 'reunited' situation. And with that plan in mind, she smiled warmly and allowed herself to enjoy the moment. It wasn't like one met up with a best friend they'd thought they'd never see again anyways. And he seemed really excited about this so she wouldn't disappoint him. Her childhood had taught her many things about disappointments, and she'd avoid doing that to him for now. Besides, it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as it had been when she'd run into her real parents. At least, in her mind it wasn't...

Backed into a corner, Trinity tried to think of a way out. But her only option was to go back the way she came. That wouldn't work since the guys after her were just getting to the entrance of the dead end alley. She was fourteen at the time and was short for her age which didn't help. The men grinned wolfishly as they approached her with deliperate steps.

"Seems you've run out of hiding places," sneered the tallest guy. Trinity said nothing as she trembled where she stood, terrified. No doubt they'd kill her now. The second guy came up to her and put his hands on either side of her head and leaned in close, his breath reaking of whatever drug he'd taken last. "Tell your parents to pay up by noon tomorrow. Or else you'll be paying up....with your life," he threatened.

Thinking that had been the worst moment of her life, she'd raced back to the dingy old appartment room that her mom lived in with Thomas, the guy she was currently hooked up with. When she told her mom about the message, she'd simply waved it off. Trinity was dumbfounded and started at the women for a moment. "Don't you care that they'll kill me tomorrow if you don't pay them?" she asked incredisouly.

"Look dear, I don't got no money. I ain't going to get that money by tomorrow either. Not possible. You win some, and you lose some. Life just ain't fair. 'Bout time ya learned that," stated her mother was nearly passed out drunk. Trinity had ran off again that night, feeling crushed that her mother cared so little for her after all the 'errands' she'd run for her. She'd stolen for her! and what did she get in return? Nothing! Not even a crumb of food. It was time for a change.

With reselve setting in, she vowed to herself that she'd never trust anyone again. It just led to getting hurt. And she couldn't afford to get hurt again. With that mindset, she got a gun off a shady guy. So when the men came to collect the next day at noon, she was ready for them. She'd flipped a switch to protect herself, turning off her emotions and pointed the gun. They'd laughed at her which had simply fueled her anger. That was the day she'd truly committed a deadly crime but hadn't even cared. Her path into the crime world was set, and she'd resigned herself to it.

Justin smiled lightly when she told him of the songs she knew how to play. She must have played a lot when she could, used her playing to get money to live. She was doing that today, wasn't she? He wondered if she would have been able to make enough to get a hotel room if he hadn't interrupted her playing. "How about you show me some of the songs you wrote, and I'll do the same. Take turns." He chuckled lightly. He couldn't help but think about their younger years when he said 'take turns'. They had done that a lot since they were always together. Sharing the guitar, playing in the park, they were great memories for him. Honestly, most of the songs he had written were based of experiences that he had with Trinity when they were younger. He was sort of working on a song right now that was based on his feelings of her.

Justin wished he could take the day off tomorrow as well, but he knew he couldn't. Not with the paper work he had to do and the trial that was going to happen eventually. Trails were always so boring. It was like he was reliving the investigation all over again but in the worst way possible. He would never put an innocent person up on trial. He would work hard to get the villains to confess to their crimes, but when he didn't, he always made sure he had the evidence to convict the right person. The day he sent an innocent to jail was the day he turned in his badge.

Trinity nodded in response to his suggestion and mentally sifted through all the songs she'd written. There was a decent amount of them and wondered which one she should start off with. "I'll give you a quick heads up that I sing to most of the songs since they have lyrics. And don't make fun of me even if I do sound awful," she told him since she would sing along to songs as well and wasn't half bad at it either. At least, in her opinion she wasn't and obviously others agreed since they'd leave her money whenever she'd performed. And she knew which song she'd like to play and that she'd written words for as well.

Getting comfortable, she started to playing the song, her foot tapping lightly as a way of keeping beat and soon, she began to sing along with the song. She wasn't an amazing singer, but nor was she bad. Her voice held a unique richness to it and she could go fairly high and low in her singing ranges. The particular song she'd chosen was about how one should shoot for the moon since even if they miss, they'd land among the stars. And who wouldn't want to be a star themselves? She'd first written the song shortly after moving away while her parents were still alive and had been editing it and working on it over the years to try perfecting it to the best she thought it could be. And when she finally finished, she looked back at Justin, waiting to see what his response would be.

Justin just nodded when she told him that she sang with her songs. He didn't mind her singing. He actually wanted to hear it. If her guitar playing was as beautiful as her singing voice, then she didn't have to worry about anything. Justin closed his eyes as she started to play, listening to her food tapping and the sound of the guitar. However, he opened his eyes again and stared at his old friend as she sang. He couldn't think of her better. True, there were a few rough patches in it, but for someone who never had lessons in singing, it was beautiful. He swayed gently to the whole song, and clapped when it was over.

"That was amazing, Trinity. Maybe I should have gone first since none of my songs are that good." He chuckled lightly. "I also can't sing for the life of me, so mine are just music." He said as he started to play a song he wrote after his first case. Eric had gotten wounded, it was an accident that Justin couldn't have prevented, but he had felt bad. But the song that came out of it seemed happy. He had tried to make the happiest song he could, if only to make his partner feel better on his month off duty.

When he started clapping for her, Trinity couldn't help smiling and glancing down a bit, glad that he thought she was good enough to be clapped for. She looked back at him when he spoke and made herself comfortable. She listened to him play and thought that this was kind of like old times when he'd play his guitar for her. He was a lot better now than he had been back then but it felt good to be like this with him again. It'd been so long since she'd hung out with him so casually. Hopefully they'd have a good time together tomorrow too. But then, he did have a job. So she supposed he might be working tomorrow. What'd she do while he was gone? It didn't much matter since she'd figure something out soon enough.

"You're even better than what I remember," she told him when he finished. "I like the song too," she added, finding it interesting that they both played the guitar and wrote songs. She wouldn't even be interested in playing music if it hadn't been for him. Now they both enjoyed it and gave them common ground. But as they talked and played, she couldn't help yawning a bit at one point. It'd been a long drive down here and she was getting tired since it was getting late. But she also didn't mind staying up since it let her catch up with Justin.

Justin smiled as she told him he had improved over the years. He hoped he had improved, especially all the time he had put into playing after Trinity left. And after he had gotten over her leaving, playing was just a big part of his life, he couldn't go a day without playing at least two songs. But what he liked most was being told she liked the song. He hadn't made it based on her, but he when he was trying to write it for Eric, he knew he was thinking of Trinity. He was trying to channel the happiest he had been into the song, and all his happy times were with the girl who was now sitting across from him as a beautiful woman.

When he saw Trinity yawn, he looked over to the clock. He hadn't even realize it had gotten so late. He wished he could stay up longer and be with her but he knew that wouldn't work. He had his job to go to early in the morning, and he was sure that Trinity was tired after such a day. He put his guitar to the side as he stood and stretched. "I really wish to continue to sit and talk with you, but I need to get up early for work." He frowned lightly. He really wanted to stay but it wasn't like Trinity was leaving in the morning. They still had time together.

Trinity nodded at his words and set her guitar down in its case again. She was starting to feel tired and even though it was a long day, she couldn't help but still be surprised that she'd run into Justin after all these years. "Well, I"m feeling tired too but at least we have tomorrow still to hang out. Once you're done work that is," she said, smiling. She stood and stretched out a bit. "So where exactly is it that I'm sleeping?" she asked since he'd mentioned to her about something of another room here earlier. She was happy about how things had gone today and looked forward to tomorrow.

Closing the case of her guitar, she turned back to Justin, waiting for him to give her instructions. A part of her thought that if she fell asleep, she might wake up to being back out on the streets. That this was just a dream and would wake up from it when she fell asleep. But she also just wanted to sleep since she was tired. Besides, she'd lived several years without Justin in her life so she could easily survive without him again if this did turn out to be a dream.

"In the spare room, this way." Justin said as he got up. He showed Trinity to the room. It was really a mirror of his own room which was one room to the right. It was very simple and small, but there wasn't need to have anything special in a guest bedroom. The sheets were clean and the bed neatly made. There was a dresser and a desk in the room, since Eric came over sometimes so they had work they could do. There were two windows that looked out side and let in the pale light of the moon. Justin just leaned against the door frame as he let Trinity look at the room.

He smiled as he glad to have her here. He couldn't admit that enough. He was feeling a bit of the feelings for her that he had at a young age, but they weren't as strong as then. However, he half believed them to get stronger as he spent more time with her. He was hoping he would have a chance with her now, that he didn't have before. Or maybe he would realize that he didn't like her like that and they could still just be great friends. He didn't care which, just as long as he got to have time with Trinity again. "Well, I'm going to my own room now." He said pushing off the wall. "Let me know if you need anything." He said before turning and leave. He went back to the kitchen quickly to make a pot of coffee for the morning, and grabbed his guitar before going to his own room. Today was actually a really good day.

Trinity followed him as he led the way. She grabbed her bag and guitar case as they walked the short distance to the room. She stepped inside and looked around at the small simple room. In a way, it was cozy. It may not have much in it, but it was the thought behind it that counted. After all, it was the thought behind it that counted. After all, this was her childhood best friend and things seemed to be going well so far. Hopefully they'd manage to be friends again for at least a bit.

She nodded as his words and watched him head out the door. She closed the bedroom door and turned back to the room, stretching out her arms a bit. With a smile, she set her guitar to the side so that it was out of the way. Stripping of her shirt and pants, she crawled into bed and got comfortable. Smiling, she let her eyes close. Sighing, she couldn't help but be happy. Things were turning out ten times better than she'd hoped for when she'd first boarded the bus. Now she had somewhere to stay for the time being and a friend so she wouldn't have to feel so alone, though in a sense, she still was. He was a cop after all, so she would have to toe the line.

Justin walked into his room and changed into his pajamas. He just laid on his bed and started thinking of Trinity in the next room, and all that she had told him about her life after she left. He wished he had found her sooner. When he got his diver's license he had half a mind to drop out of school and go and find his friend, get her back home and live their lives as they had before. It he hadn't gotten that idea beaten out of his head by his parents, he would have done it too. But would they have him go if they new the life that Trinity had lived? He closed his eyes and covered himself with his blankets. He needed to stop thinking about it and go to sleep.

Justin didn't dream that night but woke up still perfectly refreshed. He yawned and streched, before moving to the kitchen like he always did and poured himself a cup of coffee. He wasn't trying to prove the stereotype of police men drinking coffee right, but he really couldn't function well without coffee in the morning. After living on coffee to get through college, he was addicted to the stuff now and couldn't wake up completely without it.

When morning rolled around, Trinity slowly woke up due to the sun shining in her face. However, she didn't bother to open her eyes yet and simply relaxed where she lay. But as she laid there, the smell of coffee started to drift into the air and she heard Justin moving around. She smiled slightly, for the moment content with where she was and knowing that for the moment, she was safe. She didn't have to worry about someone discovering who she was and bursting through the door or one of the guy's she'd stolen from come and get her. It was a nice feeling, that was for sure.

After a few more minutes of just laying about, she got up and grabbed her backpack from beside the bed. Opening it up, she looked around and pulled out the last pair of clean clothes she had at the moment which was a plain lightly blue t-shirt and blue jeans which showed some wear on them. From there, she stepped out of the room and followed her noise to the kitchen. "Morning," she greeted when she saw Justin and smiled, still looking a little sleepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.