Crescent Cupcakes

Since closing time was near, Cameron was untying the half-apron he wore as a waiter. Right after emptying the pockets of his tips, of course. With a large grin, he counted through the cash, most of which were ones. Servicing people meant more than money to him, though. Meeting different people each and everyday made new experiences he always looked forward too!

It was when he pocketed the money that he was dragged over to where Magnus and Riley were. "That's a great idea," Cameron cheerfully replied. Truthfully, he was a bit tired, but sitting down with friends for some drinks wouldn't hurt. "I don't mind buyin' us a round," he added, remembering the wad of dollar bills he made during his day. Might as well share the wealth, right?

Melanie nodded and followed him to the back looking around curiously. Not bad... She sat down slowly placing her bag on the floor and quietly waited for the manager to get through. She fiddled with the hem of her dress, keeping rejection in mind. If she didn't get the job here, she could always find someplace else to work.

attachment.php

Riley really didn't pay much attention to the new girl, she was to busy making sure that the kitchen was in tip top shape before they closed up for th evening. She gave a small squeak of surprise as she was dragged out of the kitchen by Magnus. When he mentioned heading to a bar a smile slipped onto her face. She could really go for a drink right about now and she had worked hard enough to deserve a little treat for herself. She had walked to work anyway so she would be fine.

"Count me in, just as long as I don't have to walk to far when I leave. I walked to work today." She said with a grin.

It would be nice to sit, have a drink and talk things out with them. They were co-workers after all and it wouldn't do any good if they couldn't communicate well, especially since she was the one making food and they were the ones serving it. It also didn't hurt to get to know your fellow workers a bit more, so far she only knew there names.

Magnus was excited, it seemed that both Riley and Cameron were in for his idea. He chuckled as Cameron offered to pay, it was really sweet of him.

"That's so nice of you Cameron, but I've got myself covered how about we each buy a round for both of us?" He smiled warmly, nudging the waiter with his elbow playfully. He turned his gaze to Riley. "Maybe we can all find some hot prospects for dating too? I know I could use someone to snuggle with every once in a while..." He blushed a bit and placed his hands behind his head. He didn't know why he was being so forward but it was too late to take his words back now.

The manager took one look at Melanie sitting there waiting patiently for him. "So yah the applicant for the barista position? Good on ya. Well you seem like a nice gahl, yah hiyah'd. Go grab an aprah'n an' go talk with those slackahs out front, they'll staht yah trainin'." He patted her on the shoulder gently and turned back to continue making sure everything was ready for the next day.

"Got yourself a deal," Cameron replied, playfully elbowing Magnus back and making a laugh. Being able to make at least one purchase for somebody else would be nice and make him feel less guilty. A feel good thing for Cameron was spending money on other people. It always put a smile on his face, as well as the receiver's.

At the mention of 'hot prospects', he rubbed at the side of his neck and looked away. That was brief, though. He looked back to the two of them with a teasing grin. "Sure! We'll help each other out," he added. "I'll be Riley's wingman." He made a soft, friendly nudge to the girl's arm when he said that.

"So, shall we go?"

Riley smiled a bit and laughed as Cameron nudged her arm and teased her.

"Ha, you as my wingman? I think you might chase my hot prospects away, Cameron. Besides, I'm not really looking for anyone, I've to a Great Dane to keep me company." She said with a smiled, teasing him back. "Anyway, I just need to go get my stuff and finish up the check list with the manager, I'll meet you out in front alright?" She said as she started to head back toward the kitchen.

"Thank you so much! Really, thank you!" Melanie replied in a very relieved voice before getting up to leave. She picked up an apron as she headed out and waited for the group to finish talking before she approached them. "I was told to talk to one of you for training....I got the job," she said, "I'm not interrupting, am I?"

attachment.php

(Sooo...can I just jump into this?)

Damn, he just had to get caught up at work, didn't he?! He had promised his sister he would get her a box of six of her favorite cupcakes, Red Velvet, to bring to her before she went on the plane to California. His sister, young and only 8 years old, was heading back to California to be with their mother. She had come down to live with Bryson for a week since it was a vacation for her in school. He had graciously accepted the offer and they had such a great time. But she had gotten sick halfway through and Bryson's mother came to pick her up so she could take her back home. The plane left in two hours and it took him an hour to get to the airport. All she wanted was a box of her favorite cupcakes since they were supposed to go to the opening together right after he was done work. But he had lost track of time while working on a project and had completely forgotten all about the cupcakes!

He ran down the street, holding his hat on top of his head so it wouldn't fly off. He ran to the shop door and saw that it was closed, people gathering inside, most likely workers. He leaned against the door in defeat. He couldn't disappoint his sister. He knocked on the door. "Excuse me! Can anyone in there help me? I have a serious dilemma on my hands..." he said, slumping against the door.