Creation of New Groups will now be PERMANANTLY(*) CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vay

As we have been reporting for a LONG time now, our Groups system is out of date and no longer receives support from it's coders. This means with every update Iwaku goes through, our groups system gets more and more buggy in ways we are unable to fix. That sucks for all of us!

We are now at a point where updates will start making the groups unusable, and we still do not have a new groups system that fits Iwaku's needs and is ready to use.

For Iwaku's good, we are now turning off the creation of NEW groups, forever(*)!

All current groups will remain until they die out and get deleted during the seasonal prune. (All groups with no posting activity after 4 months always get pruned. If you were unaware of this, you better go save any important things now!)

Once all groups have died out, we will remove the groups feature all-together.

(*) We WANT to bring groups back, but this hinges on us having a groups system that WORKS. Both in coding and for Iwaku's needs. We don't know how long this will take. If we get it sooner we'll be able to transfer all group content to the new system. But it could be a few weeks, a few months, or even years. We just don't know.

WE'RE SORRY IWAKU!

Life happens. I'm glad you're informing us all. I'll be sure to have my associates transfer all of the important data to alternatives.

Groups are very important to my RP group. (The Murder Series) We use our group A LOT for many different purposes. Without it, I'm not entirely sure how we'd organize everything having to do with our roleplays. So I really hope iwaku can get a new group system that works as soon as possible. We would be super thankful. <3 Until then, we'll just use our current group until it becomes too buggy to be useable.

Anyhow, thanks for letting us know and I look forward to seeing more updates about this in the future whenever possible! :)

Dear Iwaku,

If you posted a ROLEPLAY GROUP in a category that does NOT say "ROLEPLAY" in the title, I am currently saying mean things about you under my breath.

>:[

With Grumps,
Diana

Groups are very important to my RP group. (The Murder Series) We use our group A LOT for many different purposes. Without it, I'm not entirely sure how we'd organize everything having to do with our roleplays. So I really hope iwaku can get a new group system that works as soon as possible. We would be super thankful. <3 Until then, we'll just use our current group until it becomes too buggy to be useable.

Anyhow, thanks for letting us know and I look forward to seeing more updates about this in the future whenever possible! :)
Make me wonder about how they're going to handle the murder games group. That one is very active.
Eyyup, that's the group I was talking about. XD
>mfw Kim and Lewi raise the alarm

(っಠuಠ)っ

Our Murder Group funtimes must be protected...

Yeah. What will Murder do? As well as several other groups I'm in.

As a member of Murder Games and user of Groups frequently on previous RPing sites, I'm gonna pretty much agree with what @Klutzy Ninja Kitty said.

I hope the new group system can become a reality, especially with big, expansive RPs that uphold a lot of members and require a vast communication. Not just Murder Games mind you, but other groups as well, that had revolved entirely around using the group system, as with a large community comes the need to organize outside of a mere sign-up and in-character thread. Iwaku is my home RP site, and it always pains me to see it having troubles, but hopefully it'll just be a minor bump in the road.

Hoping for the best, everyone ^_^

Just to chime in myself as a somewhat newer member, from what I can gather the complete loss of the group function would be a pretty crippling blow for the Murder community as a whole. I'd expect the Murder Group to be active right up until the group feature loses functionality altogether, and after that it'd pretty much be dead in the water. I don't mean to suggest you guys hold off on progress for our sake, of course, but is there any chance you could offer some suggestions for that eventuality as far as alternatives go?

It wouldn't be an issue if the MGs weren't so reliant on the group. Losing that would mean losing several thousand pages' worth of content, from RP discussion to fanfics to actual casual RP in and of itself, which would suck for obvious reasons. It's just something to consider, anyways. Keep on working to make the site awesome, admins! :D

Honestly, yeah. Keep working to make Iwaku better and better! You will find another group system I bet. And we can go under the updates for a while. I can't wait to see what is in store for the rest of the site.

This announcement affect the creation of new groups, not existing ones. >=(

Now you can stop running aorund like headless chickens over nothing.
As we have come to understand it, the new updates will eventually make the current groups buggy and unusable, right?

Or is this a bad assumption we made, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.