Creation of New Groups will now be PERMANANTLY(*) CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We HOPE we will have a new system before they become completely unusable. O_O We HOPE. We do not know if it will happen and can't make any promises.

In the meantime, the groups system will stay online until that point.

For an alternative, people COULD make use of the blogs and allow other members to post in that blog. (IE, one member would make their iwaku the official murdergame blog). ....But our Blogs system is also made by the same people that made the groups and is unsupported and currently under review too. c____c;

When we debut the new roleplay system, that might actually help a lot for Murder Games and solve their, and any biiiig roleplay group's problems. It's going to link all roleplay threads together and have a way for the GMs to add in more RP related links.

That won't solve the problem of all Non-roleplay related groups though. ;_;

That was going to happen anyway since the developers of the system abandoned it.

The groups thing is something I would have LOVED to have had back in the Traitor Games. As @Klutzy Ninja Kitty and the others have said, it's a very useful means of organizing the roleplays and discussing them in ways that don't disrupt any RPs in progress. They put it better than I could.

I'm hoping you manage to sort things out soon and that we can transfer our stuff over to whatever replaces the current group system.

As a last resort until a new group system arrives, we'll need to use alternative off-site methods as a form of backup or organization.

I'll miss the organization.

This announcement affect the creation of new groups, not existing ones. >=(

Now you can stop running aorund like headless chickens over nothing.
Well, I'm glad you clarified that. I thought that was what you meant, until I started reading other people's posts.

*glares at the others*

Always trying to lead me away from Vay's true path.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just became a new member was hoping to transfer stories from another site guess we will have to do it on blogs now , well damn.

Reactions: Alexia Good
*lost the impetus to say something witty, due to high number of replies*

Bah.

FUCK YOU DON'T TOUCH MY GROUPS.

@Vay and @Diana

As someone familiar with XenForo, aren't you guys using Waindigo add-ons already? I believe Waindigo also has their own group system, called Social Groups (I've installed and used it in the past), and it's way better than any alternative. He's also ensured that it integrates nicely into the XenForo core, which is something your current add-on never did. It took me about 30 minutes tops to install it and have it running with new groups (from start to finish, FTP to use) once I had the documentation down. If I remember correctly, you'll need to set up social group "categories", which will lend you more organizational power and base permission sets to get started with. From there, you can then delegate group creation to your members.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Diana A tad bit off topic, but why not let the murder game series thingy become a universe role play like IIlium it's extensive enough and they can make use of the folder system o.o

Not that I am in any groups (my group didn't get off the ground) but I think that just in case perhaps someone might want to copy paste all of the pages just in case. I was at a BIG RP SITE when it crashed. I lost all of my stuff. Some can be retrieved through Google but it would be in bits and pieces. I had no warning but at least you have warning that it MIGHT BECOME BUGGY.

Now that I have said my two cents worth, I am getting off my soap box.

@Diana A tad bit off topic, but why not let the murder game series thingy become a universe role play like IIlium it's extensive enough and they can make use of the folder system o.o

We would also have to be fair and consider that for ALL big groups, and we are currently unprepared to do that. O_O Ilium began as a staff-sponsored project, so it was a special case. Any future RPs we give a forum to will have to meet a long set of requirements. Some of which we can't work out until after the new rp system is implemented.

...Plus Murder Games does some really line-skirting activity when it comes to sexual content and mixed age groups. >> Stuff that we can be flexible about right now if people are intelligent about it and don't cross the line. But if they were to have a sponsored forum they'd have to either stop writing a lot of the sex-involved scenes altogether or no longer allow members under 18 to play. Which would be suckballs!

Reactions: Raven
We would also have to be fair and consider that for ALL big groups, and we are currently unprepared to do that. O_O Ilium began as a staff-sponsored project, so it was a special case. Any future RPs we give a forum to will have to meet a long set of requirements. Some of which we can't work out until after the new rp system is implemented.

...Plus Murder Games does some really line-skirting activity when it comes to sexual content and mixed age groups. >> Stuff that we can be flexible about right now if people are intelligent about it and don't cross the line. But if they were to have a sponsored forum they'd have to either stop writing a lot of the sex-involved scenes altogether or no longer allow members under 18 to play. Which would be suckballs!
We don't write anything close to sex scenes. Since aki was banned, the most that happens is kissing.

Edit: I assume a kiss is not over the line for mixed age groups.

I'm sorry, but, ever since the old group owner was banned, sexual content has not occurred within the group or our RPs. We've become very strict about it and I'd personally not allow it considering all of the frustrating stuff we went through with the previous owner.

Yeah.. I can also speak for Murder on that matter.

Admittedly, there are a few times where mild sexual remarks are made. But I can assure you there's no real sexual activity. Or, there hasn't been any since the bans of Aki and his puppet accounts. I can say that with good confidence, since I asked what the lines were not too long ago and have been watching to make sure none slipped into the threads. ^^

I'd also like to apologize for Murder having flooded this thread. People just seem to be overreacting on the matter, even though it isn't like groups are just suddenly being shut down and we have a while to find a solution, from what I gather. A forum would be nice, considering how huge the community is; but it's really not something we're gonna demand. While consideration of it would be much appreciated, we can always find other alternatives to keep the group going fine. :3

As always; thank all you awesome mods to hearing out and answering all questions! ^^

That is good to know. >:]
Personally, I'm not a fan of sex scenes in RPs anyway. I prefer 'fade to black/close the curtain/cut to waves on the shore or trains through tunnels'. Anyway, since the infamous Akibahara went WAY too far in the other direction (to put it mildly), I can't blame the Murder Series for not wanting to go too far beyond a mild kiss or two.

But that's kind of a digression.

Oh, and if there's more information you can share about the 'new roleplay system' you mentioned here...

Diana said:
When we debut the new roleplay system, that might actually help a lot for Murder Games and solve their, and any biiiig roleplay group's problems. It's going to link all roleplay threads together and have a way for the GMs to add in more RP related links.
... let us know. If you've already gone into it elsewhere, feel free to supply the link.

Why not make it a forum section where you can have multiple threads within a thread and then go from there?

• Useful
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Status
Not open for further replies.