1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Low-Fantasy, Modern, Adventure, Quests, Modern-Fantasy, Post-apocalyptic, Romance, Drama
Hey there! My name is Yanaike and I'm searching for a roleplay partner (again). Do you think you've got what it takes? Good, let's search together for the secrets in the city! ;)

I'm craving for an urban fantasy roleplay for a while now. I think this is a unique and relatively unused concept. Most of my roleplays are settled in a forest, small town or medieval setting as those are generally perceived as the only places where magic could exist. Wrong! Why not add a little bit of fantasy to those large metropolises?

The possibilities are limitless: that seemingly random encounter of our characters whereas there would be millions of others they could have met, the secret caves beneath the subway system, the abandoned campervan hidden in central park, a lost tourist, the witch-like grandma living at the second storey of the apartment building, never leave this pub after midnight, a key, an elevator, if there is just this city where does our food come from, more, more and more…

I have one huge conditions: no plots! We shouldn't never decide beforehand what's going to happen next in the story. What's the point in writing if we already decided how the end will be? Following a pre-defined plot makes me bored and I likely drop out very quickly. This might seem simple but I'm also talking about 'pairings', for example: "I have an idea, what if you play the escaped prisoner and I play a desperate housewife." Something like that might be your idea and your interest, but most likely it isn't mine and it's definitely not ours.

So, how will this work then? Simple! We create two interesting and unique characters. Preferably quite regular in a sense that they live in the city, have normal lives and have regular daily occupations, but unique with traits/features/personality that makes them stand out from the huge amount of people living in the city.

One last thing about me. I'm a horrible writer! Somehow I'm never able to find the right words to describe exactly what I want to say. My posts might lack the details that I really want to add to it, but I just don't know how. It might have to do something with the fact that English is not my native language. Please be respectful! If you have the feeling something is missing, or you want to hear more, or you have suggestions, please tell me! I'm always open for feedback and improvements.

As for you, besides a partner I'm also searching for a friend. It would be nice if we could talk outside the role-play as well: brainstorming about new ideas (without defining a plot), teasing me with little plot twists, creating new side-characters, or just talk about general interests, real-life hobbies and stuff like that. In the roleplay I would like you to reply about 4-5 times a week with posts that give me enough inspiration to respond to. Quantity doesn't matter, quality does. If you can write great one-liners be my guest, but generally they lack something to respond to.

Interested? Please send me a PM. If you have any further questions, you can also reply below!

Status
Not open for further replies.