Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
Vampires and Vampirism is a phenomenon that can cross over through any genre!

They can be MONSTER/BEAST, a kind of ravenous creature.

They can be a RACE OR SPECIES, with a culture of their own.

They can be a DISEASE, passed on through some strange virus or mutation!

Perhaps even something else!

In this exercise, you will be creating your own version of VAMPIRES.

Create what YOU would like vampires to be in your world or setting. The only "rule" to vampires is that they FEED in order to survive. Most commonly this is blood, but sometimes you hear of things like psychic vampires that feed off energy. The rest is up to your own design!

COMMON VAMPIRE TROPES
  • Pointy Fangs
  • Burn in the Sunlight
  • Aversion to Garlic
  • Holy Water is like Acid
  • Hate Crosses
  • Cannot enter a home uninvited
  • Can fly
  • Can shape shift in to a bat
  • Have Charm abilities
  • Super Sexual
  • Are DEAD
  • Sleep in coffins
  • Can't cross running water
  • Stake through the heart to kill
  • Beheading to kill
  • Burn to kill
  • A bite to turn new vampires
  • Kill the sire, and turn underlings back to human

Do you need to follow those tropes? NOPE!

If you create a BEAST or MONSTER vampire:
  • How are they made or born? Do they breed?
  • Do they have thoughts or think at all? Or just mindless predators?
  • Can they be tamed and used as pets or beasts?
  • Do they spread vampirism?
  • Are they predators? Do they hunt?
  • What is their primary sources of food?
  • How do people view them? Do they fear them, hunt them, worship them?
  • What do they look like?
  • What are their strengths? Weaknesses?

If you create a RACE of vampires:
  • How much like humans are they? How do they differ?
  • Do they have children?
  • Can they turn people to vampires?
  • What is their lifespans?
  • What sort of powers or strengths do they have?
  • What is vampire culture like?
  • What are their weaknesses? How do they die?
  • How do the people of the world view vampires?
  • How do they view humans?
  • Are they from this world? How did vampires come to be?

If you create a DISEASE of vampirism:
  • How did this disease start or develop?
  • How does it spread?
  • Does it only affect humans? Other creatures?
  • Is there a cure for it?
  • Do the infected become a mindless monster?
  • What sort of things does it do to the body? Make it stronger? Weaker?

Don't forget to add in any extra details you want to add!

Reactions: Jade
I made my own form if that's ok

Vampires
Beast/Race/Disease:
race... Sort of. See, Vampires were once humans. In ancient hisory there was a cult of dark magicians who followed their leader in a black blood sacrifice, exchanging precious lives for infinite power, but the cost was far greater; they became the first Vampyres.

Can they turn others into vampires?
Presumably if a human performed the same rituals that started it all thousands of years ago, they would become vampiric, but those bitten do not change.

Do they have children?
Vampiric mortality rates are incredibly high, almost as high as the chance of a Vampyre mother dying during pregnancy or childbirth, so generally no

Do they age?
Vampire children mature rapidly through infancy and puberty, but after that physical changes slow dramatically. Vampyre adult bodies age about one year for every hundred years they live

How do they think of humans?
A mix of envy, resentment, and superiority. Vampires are a culture of fearmongerers who terrorize humans with their magical prowess

How do humans think of them?
An inescapable evil: a shadow over their lives, dictators

How do they differ from humans?
Vampires can use magic, including elemental summoning, weather manipulation, far-seeing, and casting curses. They also age differently, and live on human blood and any kind of meat, finding water and produce revolting

Appearance?
Vampires tend to be pale due to a perpetual state of mild anemia which fuels their need to feed on blood. They have black, iris less eyes and tend to be taller than humans. Their hair colour and the commonness of things like freckles, dimples, birthmarks, etcetera are the same as in humans

Weaknesses/strengths:
Vampires are not physically strong and depend on magic to defend themselves. They will die if they go several days without feeding on any blood, and during that time their magic weakens with their physical body. White magic and objects blessed with it are effective against them, but they have no aversion to any kinds of produce, wood, or other plants; they do, however, resent living things and are not likely to keep flowers or trees on their property. Vampyre magic is much stronger in darkness, and they see far better and further in the dark, which as led to an aversion to the light

Will add more if I think of anything :)

Reactions: Buttercorn
I made this vampire years ago

COMMON VAMPIRE TROPES

• Pointy Fangs
  • Yes
  • Burn in the Sunlight
  • Yes once long time ago but over time got stronger and the sun burn me less and less and now I can walk in the sun like all the other humans can
  • Aversion to Garlic
  • Let me put that on my pizza , Please give me a brake it just a plant
  • Holy Water is like Acid > I'll add it to my glass of ale , Like the sun it once burn me but now it nothing more then water
  • Hate Crosses> It just wood or steel or silver or gold
  • Cannot enter a home uninvited
  • Please I just kick down the door
  • Can fly
  • Only when I shape shift into a dragon
  • Can shape shift in to a bat
  • No to small but I can shift into a wolf
  • Have Charm abilities
  • My words can charm the weak of mind
  • Super Sexual
  • Oooooohhhhh yes
  • Are DEAD
  • Once I was dead but some how my heart started to beat again about two years ago , Like I'm 5000+ years old what the hell , I give off body heat now was cold to the touch for a long time
  • Sleep in coffins
  • You do know there are beds to sleep in RIGHT!
  • Can't cross running water
  • It just water please , You know some vampire are week to simple rain but not this vampire as I need to take baths if not I smell of death flesh and blood
  • Stake through the heart to kill
  • Once it would of but now it just makes me mad
  • Beheading to kill
  • No I'll just pick my head back up and put in back where it was I can heal wounds of any kind , cut my hand off I'll just put it back , I have very strong healing power You can watch the wound heal right in your face
  • Burn to kill
  • A time or two I got burned to ash but some fool put blood on my ash and i reformed back , bet that pisses you off didn't it
  • A bite to turn new vampires
  • Yes my bite can turn any living thing into a vampire BUT if you want to become something more then just a simple vampire then I can let you drink my blood , you Can't just walk up and bite me , I can will my blood not to go into you , it is kind of a thing that can move once it is outside my body , Oh one more thing , If i don't want to turn someone into a vampire all I have to do is drain them dry and no i don't get draw into the death
  • Kill the sire, and turn underlings back to human.
  • Only the ones I have bit , as for the ones that drank my blood well they become a sire
Do you need to follow those tropes? NOPE!

If you create a BEAST or MONSTER vampire:
  • How are they made or born? Do they breed?
  • I was not born a vampire I made myself one , I have a son so yes i can anyway
  • Do they have thoughts or think at all? Or just mindless predators?
  • Both :D Why Both you say well I have thoughts and think at will BUT go with out blood for week and I become a mindless monster...I meen predator ok both
  • Can they be tamed and used as pets or beasts?
  • Not this vampire
  • Do they spread vampirism?
  • Yes only through a bite , If you want to become something more then a simple vampire then you would take some of my blood into you , it will be painfull as your body dies
  • Are they predators? Do they hunt?
  • Yes as bears have more blood in them then a human have and are stronger
  • What is their primary sources of food?
  • Anything with blood in them , in a pinch I'll drain a rat , You would to just to survive
  • How do people view them? Do they fear them, hunt them, worship them?
  • Yes on all of them
  • What do they look like?
  • They can be your mom or dad OR Just like the person sitting next to you
  • What are their strengths? Weaknesses?
  • Can grow stronger from drinking blood as Blood is power to me , strong holy power's my only weakness use to have all the vampire weakness on day one as a vampire , theer maybe one more weakness ...some one who can control blood I think
  • They would have some of the human in them but as they drink more blood they will be come more monster pale skin darker blood in there veins
  • Do they have children?
  • One child so far , not all vampire's can have kids
  • How do the children age
  • Well if I bite a kid lets say a 10 year old , The kid would stop aging and be 10 for a every long time if not forever , Now let say I let a kid drink my blood first he would die painfully and become something more then a simple vampire , the kid would grow up like any other kid
  • Yes but not right away as it would take alot out of them
  • I am 5000+ year so who knows how long one will life
  • dark arts power the kind you only see in hell
  • I am one of a kind but who known my blood line just may become a culture
  • I die and then come back , it takes a strong and powerfull mage with holy powers , Now I said my weakness you watch and see everyone and there dog will some how know it
  • Run in fear or run to them begging to be a vampire
  • I see humans as nothing more then blood bags
  • That is a hard one for me anyway , I'm not like other vampire's I am something more , I am linked to the after world you know the river of blood better known as The River Styx
If you create a DISEASE of vampirism:
  • I bit a vampire doing some kind of black magic on himself , it made him very week for a simple wood elf to bite and drain of blood , Yes I was the one doin the bitting , what don't like that well to bad , I was a wood elf only 4 feet tall about age 20 young for an elf , after the bite I died a painfull death and my body changed and grown to 6 feet tall and looked less like an elf that day and awake in a new body not my own
  • How does it spread?
  • If you had drank my blood it would kill all the blood in your body like something alive leaving only my blood in your veins
  • Don't know no one drank my blood I only know what it did to me , I had a painfull death like something inside me ripping me apart , But i can bite a wolf or horse of anything living and turn them into a vampire
  • Once but no longer been a vampire for to long
  • No they have a mind of there own
  • Start out very weak and have all the weakness any vampire would , But if you had drank my blood you would be weak to everything but over time become stronger and with alot of time walk in the sun drink holy water like water
  • I would like to add something , I can go with out blood for days or weeks but soon I will go into a blood rage and kill a hole town just like a mindless monster in a feeding crazy and once I had my fill the rage will be gone with a town in flames , Mostly I feed like a human eats food three times a day but I can eat human food and drink what humans drink , Once long ago human food mad me sick , My body can heal wounds every quickly unless I have been with out blood for a week , as powerfull as I am I still need blood and can still be cut , flesh is still flesh to a knife
  • Here is a kicker , If i am cut and am bleeding my blood can craw right back inside ...yes I know strange just start doing thet two years ago what with my heart beatting and my blood more darker then it once was , what am I be coming !
I BET ALOT OF YOU ARE MAD OR PISSED OFF
Make your own vampire if you don't like what you see here

Last edited by a moderator:
Beast/race/decease?
Decease/race.

How much like humans are they? How do they differ?
They are very similar to humans and without prior knowledge a human would not know they met a vampire, instinct would maybe make them uneasy or suspicious around vampires but not all the time. They have fangs but they are not extremely long or noticable unless one took the time to really look. As long as a vampire have access to blood they can even get slightly tanned skin, especially if it's a lesser vampire that had a darker skin tone from the start, when a vampire doesn't feed regularly they start to get paler as they have very little blood of their own which is also why they crave it so much. Their eye colour of lesser vampires are the one they had as humans, true vampires tend to have brown, black or bronze/amber eyes and therefore can't instantly be labeled as unusual.

Do they have children?
Yes, but not very often and generally only one at a time.

Can they turn people to vampires?
Yes, they have a poison that they can inject into their prey. This poison is a remnant of the original virus that mutated humans to vampires, if a vampire injects poison into a human and the human survive the poison will mutate the human DNA like in the beginning, but just as back then the mutation will not be as strong and these turned humans are called lesser vampires.

What is their lifespans?
True vampires are long lived, their ageing slows in between the age of 20 to 30 and they easily live for hundreds of years before their ageing slowly starts again and they die like humans of age. Lesser vampires also lives for centuries but their ageing restarts faster than it does for true vampires, their age is also halted at when they were bitten.

What sort of powers or strengths do they have?
True vampires have superior strength, speed and reflexes compared to humans, their hearing and eyesight are enhanced as well. As long as they are not starved vampires can heal almost any wound, they do not feel or take damage from cold or heat and their sense of pain is dulled almost entirely. Lesser vampires have pretty much the same powers although they are not as strong as true vampires.

What is vampire culture like?
Very similar to the human one, they have lived alongside humans all the time and are also decendants of humans so the culture varies very little.

What are their weaknesses? How do they die?
They are hurt in sunlight but they wont instantly catch fire, more like a sun burn at first that then escalate. As they feel almost no pain vampires are liable to not notice their wounds and take too much damage for their healing to work. Silver hurts them and slowly kills them if left in their bodies. Beheading, fire and a stake through their heart will kill them as well. Lesser vampires are more vulnerable to these weaknesses and dies more easily.

How do the people of the world view vampires?
They fear them and envy their power. All old myths of vampires stem from the scared humans under the vampires rule, hunted for their blood and easily over powered but as the human race grew vampires gradually took a more secluded role as their numbers dwindled after being hunted themselves by humans trained by a gang of rogue vampires.
Now a days most people believe they are simply a fairytale and blown up myths and others believe in them after watching too many movies. However not many humans can say they really know vampires exists much less having survived an encounter.

How do they view humans?
They view humans as inferior, weak and simple but in a way some vampires admire humanity's ability to adapt and cope with whatever is thrown at them and their determination and suprising skill at killing vampires despite their obvious inferior powers.

Are they from this world? How did vampires come to be?
Vampires as a race originated from a decease that infected humans only, it attacked the body and even the DNA, mutating it and killed most victims but some survived as the virus mutated their own genes. The virus caused blood loss, adrenaline rushes, sensitivity to light and a heightened sense of pain, these symptoms are believed to be carried on to the survivors later as weaknessess and strengths. These survivors banded together because of their difference from humans and as the years went on the decendants of these slowly perfected these first mutations and became what is called vampires. Later on infected humans have spread this virus to canines and the virus has mutated on its own to be able to attack a new species which is how werewolves came to be, survivors of a decease spread by humans to canines.

Beast/Race/Disease?
Disease

How did this disease start or develop?
It began as a mutant strain of rabies, that slowly evolved. Animals become infected, but they are carriers. The disease began infecting the human populace after an infected cow was slaughtered by a farmer and only slightly undercooked, allowing just enough of the virus to infect him and his family. During a trip to the city, the disease took hold of them and progressed, and they attacked the locals.

What are the symptoms?
It starts with chest pains and a weakening of the limbs. Soon after, the body becomes unable to function without assistance and the skin pales rapidly and the body becomes cold. Within 12-24 hours of infection, the victim essentially dies, their pulse dropping to near nothing. After roughly two hours of remaining in this state, victims normally begin heating up drastically, heart rate increasing to twice that of average. This stage is extremely painful, as this is when the victim is altered at the genetic level. Eye color shifts to either glowing red or deep violet, and the whites of the eyes become bloodshot. The upper Canines grow to roughly a inch and a half, senses become sharper, and the metabolism now requires the ingestion of fresh blood to function, regardless of the source. Venom sacks like that of a snake for in the roof of the victims mouth, which causes paralysis to their victims and spreads the infection. Cells no longer need large amounts of oxygen and thus deteriorate a far slower rate, the victim becomes essentially immortal, with lifespans exceeding well over 5,000 years.

How does it spread?
Animal transfer it through their tainted meat, and humans through venom in the fangs that develop.

Does it only affect humans? Other creatures?
It affects every living thing except plants.

Is there a cure for it?
Death.

Do the infected become a mindless monster?
For a short time, yes, often frenzying at the first whiff of blood, while those who have been infected for longer can control themselves better and stalk their victims first, waiting for maximum opportunity to strike without drawing too much attention.

What sort of things does it do to the body? Make it stronger? Weaker?
After the first three days, when the disease has fully set in and taken over, strength is increased upwards or 200%, speed and stamina at least by 50%, and endurance increases to the point where any physical assault that would not instantly kill it becomes futile, with the exception of fire, which is rather slow and painful.

My Vampires are called Sanguinese. I hope that's okay.
  • Pointy Fangs
  • Burn in the Sunlight At a pretty slow rate. They lack melanin and are very pale so they get sunburnt quickly. But, unlike with pale humans, prolonged exposure could really kill them.
  • Aversion to Garlic They're allergic. Like any allergy, some have it, some don't and some have it to the extremes
  • Have Charm abilities called mind manipulation, the ability to look into and control human minds through direct eye contact. No eye contact, no charm.
  • Stake through the heart to kill I quote from Dracula in Hotel Transylvania: "Yeah, well, who wouldn't that kill?"
  • Beheading to kill Yeah, who wouldn't that kill?
  • Burn to kill They are actually very vulnerable.
  • A bite to turn new vampires, not exactly, their bodily fluids contain certain chemicals...so their bite is sort of rabid.
RACE of vampires:
A lot, actually. They look like petite humans. They appear androgynous, and have pale coloration; platinum blond hair, orange to yellow eyes.
  • Do they have children?
Yes, but one in every two females who give birth dies. And the survivor can never have children again. And, a child can only be born and conceived on a full moon. So even if a human and a Sanguinese would have a child, if that child is born on a full moon, he'd be born a pure blood Sanguinese who is a little less vulnerable. If that child is born not on a full moon, he'd be a human with special physical features.
Nope, but because their bite is sort of rabid, their saliva makes a person sleep and wake up wild.
  • What is their lifespan?
Very long. They age extremely slow. A twenty year old sanguinese appears to be a prepubescent human child. They live up to 500 years at a maximum.
Mind manipulation, but that's it. Only with direct eye contact, they have complete control of a person's thoughts, memories, feelings and actions. They can read these thoughts, memories and feelings, even replacing them. Beyond that, they only have night vision and heightened senses and reflexes in general, to adapt to their nocturnal lifestyle. Their blood, tears and other fluids all have a wide variety of really powerful medicinal and magical properties and is quite the gem in the black market.
They are very vulnerable, however. See below.
They are grouped into small nomadic tribes who travel very often to keep them safe from bounty hunters who are after them, wanting to sell them into the black market. See above for reasons.
Marriage and family are the most important things in their culture, and a woman who bears a child and survives childbirth is as respected as tribe heroes. Both men and women hunt individually. Ratavan red wine, made from special grapes harvested at night is highly intoxicating to them although alcohol has little to no effect on them.
The Sanguinese is, despite their valuable magical and scientific properties, the weakest sub-race of all. They can die from a heat stroke, from over exposure to the sun. Garlic can kill some of them too, those with the extreme allergies. Ratavan red wine overdose can kill some.
Humans generally fear them, but bounty hunters are after them for their price.
They both fear and hunger for humans although they know the humans are lower on the food chain.
They aren't from this world. A parallel universe much like ours has several human races other than homo sapiens.

p.s. [MENTION=5478]Gore[/MENTION] I am so doing your super sexual vampire. rrrawr <3

Last edited:
    They are a lot like humans, the physical differences are that the vampires have pointy fangs, paler than most humans, full bloods doesn't age like humans while half bloods doesn't age at all. They do breath air just like humans, but they can go for hours without air before they actually dies. They can die by most things that human can die of, but it's needed in a much stronger dose for a vampire. For example, if a human dies after being stabbed three times in some part of the body, then it might take three times ten stabbings to actually kill the vampire. Of course it also depends on the individual. An older vampire can withstand more than a younger.
  • Do they have children?
    Yes, there are two ways of having children. One is to actually giving birth to a child. Those are called full bloods. Their bodies ages slowly until they look as if they are somewhere between 20-50 years of age. It's different for every vampire when their bodies stop aging. From their birth it only takes their bodies some years to reach the physical body of a 10 year old child. After that the process slows down and it can take their bodies up to ten years to age one human year.

Then there are half bloods, it is humans who have been turned into vampires. Even though they aren't biological children to the maker they are still considered as real children because of the blood sharing (see next question). They simply stop aging at the age they were turned, that's why most vampires don't turn anyone that isn't a full grown person since the brain nor the body won't be able to continue growing ever again after they have turned.
    Yes, they can turn a person into a vampire by first giving them a poison that is inside their fangs that will help them "evolve", and then they exchange blood with the person. They almost completely empties the human body on blood and then they give the human their own blood. This process is very dangerous since if the poison hasn't fully spread before the exchange is done then the human can die. If the poison spreads too fast and the exchange isn't completed for whatever reason then the person can die or change and go mad. Even so it is still more usual for vampires to turn a person into a vampire than getting their own biological child, because most vampires feel a stronger bond towards a turned vampire than a child. And a biological child usually leaves their parents much fast than a turned vampire.
    They can live forever if they aren't killed. They are immune towards sicknesses, and they can't die of a heart attack or old age. But accidents happens and even they can die if a train would smash them or if they fall down from a building etc. So they are immortal but can be killed.
    They have charm abilities, but these abilities doesn't work on all humans so they have to be careful when they use them for the first time on someone.
    They are stronger & faster than normal humans.
    If they had some ability as a human then that ability can evolve and become much stronger as a vampire.
    Most vampires have one or two companions, which often consists of one maker and one or more half blood. Vampires have a hard time trusting people that doesn't share their blood, so vampires from different groups usually don't get along. They mostly travels to finds new feeding ground. Some feeds on humans while other feeds on mostly animals and some feeds on both.
    But there are also those who forms families, some vampires leaves their maker and seeks up other vampires that has left their makers and makes their own family. These are often those who get full blood children. These are often calmer vampires, and they behave more like humans. They usually live in one place for as long as possible before they move on the the next place where they stay as long as possible. These vampires usually live more on animal blood than human blood since they need to keep their identities a secret because they stay in one and the same place for so long. But many families still keeps feeding on humans even though it is in smaller portions. It's more normal for families with new born children to feed on humans than families with older children or no children.
    They can die in almost every way a human can die in, except for sicknesses and old age. They are harder to kill than humans, but if you shoot them enough amount of times then they will eventually collapse. Stop the heart and they won't be able to function anymore.
    So far vampires are just myths, they have been hiding and been careful to not expose their race. There have been some times during history where some vampires have exposed themselves (that no one believes have happened today). That lead to them being hunted down and killed. Since they don't believe that the two species can co-exist in peace, mostly since they themselves looks down on humans, they keep their secret to themselves.
    Humans are mostly just food. Since humans dies so easily by sicknesses and old age they are seen as less worthy. But vampires also looks up to the humans ability to adapt, to come up with new ideas, keep inventing new things even though their life's are so short. While vampires have an eternity to do everything they want and do things that gain their race they don't have any trouble prioritizing in what order to do things. Do the fun now and the boring stuff later. Humans whom have such short lifespans in comparison should be trying to live their life to the fullest and have fun, but instead many of them tries to help others instead.

So even though they look down on humans they also looks up at them. They both detest and admire the way humans are and live.
    Vampires evolved from other human beings, just like humans evolved from our monkey ancestors. In the beginning when there were a noticeable difference between humans and vampires, it actually were impossible for vampires to turn humans into vampires. That was a poison that came to be over time. In the beginning they could only make full blood vampires. And in the beginning they simply had a longer life span than other humans, it started with fifty years longer, then slowly went up to one hundred and at some point their body just couldn't age and became immortal. No one of the first immortal vampires are alive to this day, the oldest vampire in existence are from the third generation of immortal vampires (Around 2000 years after the first immortal vampire was born). It was first when the sixth generation (5000 years after the first immortal vampire was born) of immortal vampires started to be born that they got the poison to start turning humans into vampires.

• Generation history:
    The first generation of immortal vampires was created around 10,000 years ago. At that time it wasn't normal for vampire to give birth to new vampire except when their life were about to come to an end so that their specie was secured. When the immortal generation noticed that their bodies didn't give up however long they kept going they thought that there was no need to create a new generation of vampire children. But they died one after one, either because they were killed of because they did something foolish that lead to their death. So the immortal generation realized that they had to secure their specie because they weren't truly immortal.

The second generation was faster in getting children than the first generation had been. They didn't see it as a chore, instead they saw it as their mission to give a new generation the chance to see the world. So while the first generation took almost 1500 years to realize that they had to secure their specie, the second generation only took around 500 years to do it. They were also a generation that had felt closer to their parents than other vampires before them, so they were more eager to get children of their own.

The third generation was close to their parents and usually stayed with them for far longer than vampires had used to in the past. While the second generation mostly stayed with their parents for around fifty to a hundred years, the third generation of vampire children stayed up to fivehundred years with their parents. At this point in time the vampire poison had started to form.

The fourth - fifth generation valued their families greatly and could stay with the same group for up to a thousand years.

The sixth generation was a bit more of a rebellious generation an didn't like the family life as vampire had lived it before. They went out on their own early in life, usually before their 30th birthday. They also noticed that humans acted differently to their poison that they did to their parents or grandparents poison. The poison had been completed and slowly the sixth generation noticed that they could turn humans into vampires. They also realized that turned humans was better companions than a full blood vampire. But it was still very common for vampires to give birth to children.

The seventh to ninth generation (around 2000 BC to 14th century) These generations made it more normal to only create half blood vampires. Half blood vampires rarely left their maker, and even if they did they usually didn't make new vampires. They usually didn't have the desire to make a new generation, while full bloods felt almost a need to have new children in one form or another. By the time the tenth generation came during the 20th century there weren't many vampires that actually made new vampires, since most were half bloods. (Note: Half bloods can give birth to full bloods or create new half bloods, they simply lack the drive to do it)

It's unsure how the future of the vampire race will look like with the increased numbers of vampires that doesn't want children in any form.

(Explanation of generations: They count it as a new generation era once enough vampires from the earlier generation has created enough vampires to the new generation. So if a small number of vampires gives birth to a very small number of vampires, then they are a new generation but the era won't be called x generation before enough vampires have been born into it. So there is vampires born from the seventh generation (which means they are the eight generation) that can have been born into the sixth generation era because their parents gave birth to them before the era changed names. So there can exist even 13th generation vampires already, but the era hasn't changed into their generation yet. Which means that a vampire that is born into the wrong era can say "I'm an 8th generation half blood, born in the 6th generation era.")

Type of Vampire: Disease
How did this disease start or develop? The disease branched off from the black plague inside the dead hosts' bodies that wasn't burned only buried hosts and reanimated their bodies.
  • How does it spread?Blood must enter the bloodstream in order to spread
  • Does it only affect humans? Other creatures? The disease affects all humans, crows and vultures.
  • Is there a cure for it? There's no known cure for the disease.
  • Do the infected become a mindless monster? Those infected have dual personalities one very primal and other the more intellectual.
  • What sort of things does it do to the body? Make it stronger? Weaker? The body doesn't look infected or damaged, but one's strength is drastically increased from the disease.

• Breeding: Vampires breed as any other animals do (I'm going to let that, and the image that is no doubt filling your mind, sink in). Upon fertilization, eggs (around 50) are laid in a nest (usually in a cave) to be protected by the female for the 4 year gestation period. The eggs are filled with the blood of 50 humans to provide nutrition, blood being replaced every month or so. Because of this blood, females are forced to fight off the larger males and other hungry females who wish to crack open and drain the eggs. They are not always successful. Many females often die of starvation due to the long periods between hunts, or even drink from their own eggs if they become desperate enough. Upon hatching, the young mature at a rapid pace, finishing the growth of limbs in a matter of weeks, and wings in another month. They are forced to fend for themselves upon hatching, escaping the starved mother while she feasts on whatever nutritional blood remains from the eggs.
  • Thinking: Vampires have a complex network of telepathy throughout their species. The bond is stronger between broodmates. Through this link they can transmit images (as a warning of danger, as a signal of an abundant food source, or otherwise) to other vampires across vast distances, can emote, sending shocks of emotion to others (be it anger, love, pain, etc.), and even converse, though in a way that is almost impossible to comprehend or explain (in the most basic terms, psychic conversations are almost exactly like physical ones, consisting of grunts, howls, screeches, and the sort partnered with projected body language). They even have a very basic level of writing consisting of images carved into cave walls or tree trunks, either as a warning away from claimed territory or as an open hunting ground. Some particularly fine specimens can become Alphas, leading packs of vampires through their territory and even waging small conflicts with other individuals or packs for new land.
  • Taming: Many have tried to tame vampires, thinking them to be no more than mindless animals. This is the process that is most common: Chain the vampire in question to a solid wall, preferably connected to an even heavier house (so the beast can't shatter the wall or pull it down on top of themselves), and even more preferably outside the house (for your own comfort). Over the course of several months, do simple kindnesses for the creature, such as shielding it from the elements, scaring away scavengers and predators, cleaning up after it, and even feeding it (raw beef is ideal). At the end of this long period, release the beast from it's chains, and hold out your hand for it to come to you. The vampire will promptly rip your hand from your arm, knock you down, and drain you from the spewing stump. This, of course, is merely a sign of affection...
  • Infection: As vampires reproduce normally, they do not spread vampirism as a virus. A vampire's venom is highly toxic though, and is even bottled for use as a sort of grenade (upon shattering the released venom burns through most materials, including vampire flesh).
  • Predation: Vampires are the apex predators of the world, and even humans are not known to be higher on the food chain. The hunt generally consists of the Sighting (where the vampire spots prey), the Debate (where the vampire weighs the potential risks and rewards of the prey), the Call (this is an optional step where the vampire signals others for help or to simply share a feast), the Chase (if the prey runs), and the Kill (the inevitable end of the hunt, where the vampire tackles and drains the prey).
  • Primary Food Sources: Mostly large prey, like deer, moose, elk, humans, apes (which is strange behavior as vampires are apes themselves), lions, humans, tigers, crocodiles, sharks, humans, bears, wolves, alligators, and ESPECIALLY humans. However, vampires are not picky eaters. They will eat smaller prey, such as insects, bats, rabbits, children, cats, dogs, birds, foxes, children, hares, mice, arachnids, children, their own offspring, prey animal eggs, snakes, and DID I MENTION CHILDREN?!
  • Public Opinion: In more ancient and tribal countries across the world, they are worshipped as the chosen children of the gods, and are often kept sated with regular human sacrifices. This, of course, has often led to the extinction of a number of indigenous tribes. In slightly more civilized tribes, it is a sign of strength to be able to kill a vampire, which is a well respected animal, and eat it's heart to gain the strength of one (which has shown to actually work, as the consumer develops slightly vampiric hungers, greatly enhanced strength, and limited psychic communication with the beasts). And in absolutely modern countries, the vampire is viewed as a demon, a plague upon the Earth, though it is all that cities can do to fend off the regular attacks.
  • Appearance: Skin and fur color varies with location. Cave dwellers will be mostly black or ash-grey, jungle dwellers green and black, and so on. Underbellies are usually a lighter shade than the back, so that when grounded prey look up they see the treetops and sky, and when aerial prey/predators look down they see the ground. 6 Talons (four fingers, two thumbs) adorn the fore and hind limbs, which are generally planted firmly on the ground (though it is known that vampires frequently walk on their hind legs, and are capable of lifting and holding a great deal of objects and tools), much like gorillas. The forelegs are large and heavily muscled, and the hind legs just as much so. Vampires usually walk on their knuckles (again, much like apes) for ground transport, and on their hind limbs for intimidation or to reach greater heights. Two pairs of bat wings erupt from just above the shoulders, providing high-powered bursts of speed on the ground, extra limbs in combat, dashing between tree limbs, and sustained flight. Depending on the area (caves, jungles, mountains), the wings can be over or under developed to suit needs. A layer of large spikes adorn the male body (which, again depending on location, are perfectly visible or camouflaged in a layer of fur), which can be flared up for intimidation, ejected in combat, and are useful tools for attracting females, which lack the spikes. In comparison to the limbs, the torso, waist, and upper chest of the vampire is much slimmer, leaner muscle, streamlined for fast movement but still capable of heavy lifting. The mouth is adorned with 24 fangs, all sharpened to a point. While all the other teeth are hollowed out proboscises, the 4 canines are large, solid tusks (larger with the males) used to subdue and slash the throats of prey. 3 pairs of yellow eyes allow for excellent vision, be it to the sides, below, or above them. Nostrils are capable of smelling blood from 14 miles away.
  • Strengths/Weaknesses: Vampires are not diurnal (daylight) creatures, and their eyes can even be blinded by the light if they stay in it too long. If they stay even longer in the light, their UV sensitive skin can begin to burn rapidly, causing cancer if escaped and even catching fire. Blinding occurs in a matter of minutes, skin cancer and burning in an hour. Rarely if at all do they travel outside of their lair in the light, but are unrivaled hunters at night. Their strength alone overpowers most prey, and their speed is unmatched. Flight provides an even greater advantage, catching birds and bats unawares. Silver, crosses, and stakes are useless against them. Try catapults, ballistae, crossbows, guns, spears, and swords. They won't work, but they'll give you a better shot till daylight.

This is merely the first vampiric race I'll make. I WILL MASTER THEM ALL!!!! Also, Diana made a typo...

• Thank You
Reactions: Diana
The Jairus - A Beast Race, red
2duz8du.png

In the form of the untamed beasts:
  • How are they made or born? Do they breed? The Jairus (plural form is Jairen) was born by a demon named Jairus who had impregnated a woman named Silvana. When Silvana gave birth, she had twin boys named Rhazien and Roman. Rhazien and Roman came to be the first Jairen vampyres.
  • Do they have thoughts or think at all? Or just mindless predators? In their human form, they are intelligent, witty, and charming. However, in their true form, they are simple-minded. They have one thought process: capture and feed.
  • Can they be tamed and used as pets or beasts? Once a Jairus has shifted into its true form as a vampyre beast, they cannot be tamed, but only satisfied.
  • Do they spread vampirism? Jairen have the ability to spread their vampirism to humans by means of a bite to the wrist, however, Jairen rarely seek out prey for the sole purpose to transform them because they rather impregnate a woman. But since Jairen are only of male gender, Jairen only turn human males.
  • Are they predators? Do they hunt? They are notorious for their predatory style. They hunt, however in human form first.
  • What is their primary sources of food? The demon Jairus fed off of blood, stamina, and sexual desire. His offspring carry on this trait. They only feed off of women, and can be completely satisfied if they have two feedings in a day.
  • How do people view them? Do they fear them, hunt them, worship them? People fear them tremendously. There is a period in time (winter specifically) that Jairen become even more hungry that they need twice the usual feedings.
  • What do they look like? In their human form, all Jairen are extremely handsome men. They can age, however they stop aging (appearance-wise) once they hit 24 years old, and if a human male older than 24 is turned, his clock will turn back to 24 years of age. Their fangs are not visible, unless they allow them to protrude. Their eyes are a glowing blue, and they usually have black hair. Their handsome looks are designed to lure in foolish, sex-driven women. However, is a woman is more resistant, then the Jairus is forced to shift to his true form. In his true form, they have large mouths with razor sharp teeth on the top and bottom rows. Their eyes are a void of black, and their skin is a tan-green color. Jairen have very defined faces with pointed ears. Their bodies are well-defined and muscular, and they have sharp claws. Lastly, fairly large bat wings protrude from their backs, however the first Jairen, Rhazien and Roman, did not have wings. It is said that Rhazien and Roman's advanced jumping skills later evolved into wings.
    • Jairen can be in the sun, however they cannot transform into their true form during the day. The skin of their true form will begin to bubble, and their bodies will blow apart.
    • Decapitation can ensure the death of a Jairus.
    • Setting a Jairus ablaze can ensure its death.

As a race:
  • How much like humans are they? How do they differ? Jairen are much like humans in their human form. They are intelligent, witty, and charming. When they see a woman they would like to feed upon, they turn up the charm to get what they want. They're as manipulative as a human can be, and even more. A Jairus can be told apart from the eyes. They have glowing blue eyes, however the glow is not too much of a dead give-away, so one must be cautious.
  • Do they have children? Jairen obtain human women's sexual desire through, of course, sex. They like to impregnate their prey so that their race will continue to live.
  • What is their lifespans? The average Jairus lives up to 650 years, though Jairen can also go up to 2,000 years.
    • Stamina Affinity - They become stronger, faster, and more durable than they originally are when they've fed upon even the slightest bit of stamina from women.
    • Wallcrawling - Jairen manipulate the adhesion on their feet in order to climb and crawl on walls, whether in human form or true form.
    • Amalgamation - Two Jairen have the ability to combine their bodies together to become stronger and durable in a battle, however they are slightly slower. They're minds will not combine, and they can re-separate.
    • Jairen are a bit of a close-knit race. They like to travel in small clans, however it is not unheard to see a Jairus traveling by himself.
    • Though their human forms can take the sun, the sun does get irritating for them. So, they condition themselves to be able to withstand it by staying out in the sun for long hours.
    • Jairen like to make certain that the offspring (which is always male) they reproduce is born without interference of the woman by abortion. They tend to kidnap the woman and keep her until the offspring is born. Some only arrive to collect the offspring.
    • It is a bit unheard of for a Jairus to want to stay with a particular woman, but not against Jairus culture. There are a select few who choose to do so, however only if accepted by the woman.
  • How do they view humans? Jairen see human males as weak links, for lack of better words, who need to be reborn as a Jairen. However, it's completely different when it comes to their view towards human women. Despite their main purpose of feeding on them, they take a more personal liking to them. They see women as powerful beings because they bare their offspring.
  • Are they from this world? How did vampires come to be? Jairen are from Earth, whether born from the womb of a woman or a human male bitten to be turned.

(I'm thinking of making a roleplay with this. Should I?)

Last edited:
  • How did this disease start or develop?: No one knows the origin of "Vampirism", but over the last ten years, a disease only fitting of the name rapidly began to spread across the globe, destroying society as we knew it.
  • How does it spread?: The disease is blood born, and, as such, also has the possibility of being sexually transmitted. Certain circles of vampires hold rituals in which they will infuse a victims bloodstream with blood of their own; this is done in various ways, from injecting, to giving the victim small cuts and bathing them in bloody water.
  • Does it only affect humans? Other creatures?: It only affects humans.
  • Is there a cure for it?: While one has not yet been discovered, there are many who research day and night for a cure.
  • Do the infected become a mindless monster?: No; if anything, they gain a bit of mental acuity.
  • What sort of things does it do to the body? It makes the vampire MUCH stronger, and faster. It increases all physical attributes and senses, as well as stops aging and vanquishes the need for sleep. The need to eat is replaced by the need to drink blood. Most blood does the trick but human and larger mammals are, arguably, the most delicious, with whale blood becoming a recent favorite among the wealthy. Once turned, the average person can expect a five fold increase in muscle strength, with no increase in weight, in fact, all vampires are very, very lean. Most vampires can run around 40 mph, with athletes being able to reach speeds up to a record 59 mph.
  • Pointy Fangs: No
  • Burn in the Sunlight: Yes, in the form of severe sunburn.
  • Aversion to Garlic: No
  • Holy Water is like Acid: No
  • Hate Crosses: Only certain cult like followings
  • Cannot enter a home uninvited: No
  • Can fly: No
  • Can shape shift in to a bat: No
  • Have Charm abilities: No
  • Super Sexual: Much of vampire culture is very sexual.
  • Are DEAD: No
  • Sleep in coffins: Only a relative handful of eccentrics at the moment, but the market is growing with the increasing popularity of the trend.
  • Can't cross running water: No
  • Stake through the heart to kill: That'll do it.
  • Beheading to kill: That too
  • Burn to kill: That'll work aswell
  • A bite to turn new vampires: No
  • Kill the sire, and turn underlings back to human

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Vampire Virus
The diseases was engineered by scientist as a miracle cure. Stemming from HIV it aggressively attacks foreign cells and diseases like a secondary immune system. However, the engineered virus was unknowingly modified from an actual biological weapon deployed a few thousand years ago by the Precursors. By modifying it, simple evolution unlocked it's lethal genes over time.
  • How does it spread?
Through the transmission of bodily fluids. Blood, saliva, sweat, etc.
Humans are affected as are Vargoth, Deetrit and Zerath species (aliens)
Sort of. When bitten by a normal infected, you will mostly likely become an infected within 70 hours (starts with eye pupils becoming jet black or white. Then veins become purple with short term memory loss occurring. Then, loss of motor control and life time memories). However, if bitten by patient zero early into their infection or bitten by a decayed infected results in resistance or immunity.
Yes
The infected do not get stronger or weaker- but they lose a sense of self preservation and go ape shit. They will often rush opponents and tear muscles or break bones to attempt to infect them. The body also begins a process that, over long periods of time, makes the infected begin to look like the precursors.
Additional information
The virus fights with weaponized DNA from the precursors themselves. Over centuries, and millennia, the infected gain traits from the precursors (such as extra eyes, a hardened exoskeleton or a height boost). The older the infected, the more they try to gorge themselves on blood- some killing their victims accidentally as opposed to turning them. Also, the older the infected, the more "sentient" they become, some being able to use weapons.

• Thank You
(wrote this down for a roleplay, it's a vampire I made a while back and usually use. I typed it and remembered this thread)

My vampires are different. Instead of being dead, they are very much alive. A heartbeat and all. (which is required for many things so it's kinda gotta be there) turning into a vampire happens when a person is mostly drained of their blood leaving them weak then they have to drink a good amount of vampire blood, which is riddled with a virus, the vampire virus. Sticking to the originals a BIT the virus slowly kills the person, getting into their blood stream then their brain and heart. About half a day after the blood is drank the person will die. Now if they reawaken depends on how much their body fought. Sometimes, the dying body will fight back too much and after death the person will not wake back up. If the virus gets through them though, once it is all through their body, it will shock their heart back up because of some scientific stuff which if I explained would most likely bore you. Once the person is awake again they will start having agonizing pains all throughout their body, mainly in their head. It's the vampire virus hot wiring everything. Their heart beats stronger, they run twice as fast, can lift much more than they could as a human, and their very being is just an infected miracle. The virus acts like magic, though it isn't. Vampires heal extremely fast and can regrow anything that is cut off or cut out, because of the virus. Unless of course, it's the head. If the head comes off, the body goes down, and stays down.

Now while humans, when their cells copy they shrink each time, the virus takes over the cells, making them copy perfectly, effectively freezing someone at the age they were turned. Unless that is, the person was born a vampire. In this occasion, which is rare due to the low fertility of vampires, the child is in all aspects, human. Until they are an adult and the virus comes to life. and takes over the body. This usually happens sometime in the twenties, maybe early thirties.

On the topic of vampires blending in, they were still human, the virus does not make sunlight hurt them, that makes no sense. Garlic doesn't do a thing, and a stake to the heart will hurt like hell but not kill them. Even a bullet to the head won't kill them, but it will knock them out for about three days while their brain and head heals. Fangs are another thing that I'm not traditional about, my vampires, when they are hungry or in danger, their canines elongate and sharpen, becoming fangs. New vampires often end up biting their lips an awful lot before they get used to the fangs. You can tell if a vampire has fed recently by the color of it's skin, if the skin is bright and peach colored, the vampire has recently fed. If the vampire looks dull and lifeless, weak even, then they very much need to feed.

Last but not least, there is the blood rage. When a vampire has not fed in over a month or is in mortal danger, the virus in their blood goes into hyper drive, mutating basically. The vampire's nails sharpen and blacked, basically becoming claws, their fangs elongate more than usual, they become stronger, faster, their eyes, all three sections, blood crimson, and they go on a mindless killing spree, only coming out of it when they are either knocked out or they exhaust themselves. On very rare occasions of insane stress, anger, and sadness, the vampire would go into a blood rage, but no one would manage to knock it out no matter how much they tried. And it never made itself pass out, the vampire would be in a rage until it died from exhaustion.

• Thank You
This type of vampire is one that I have been working on and perfecting for seven years now, it’s the type I default to when playing vampires and the type is not specified.

My vampires are a race.

Pointy Fangs: They do have a set of fangs which extend and retract based on adrenaline levels in their blood. So, if they are angry, scared, turned on, or hungry, their fangs automatically extend.

Burn in the Sunlight: They do not burn in sunlight; in fact, they don’t even get common sunburn though their skin lacks melanin and is therefore invariably very pale. Their eyes are very sensitive to light, however, so they don’t enjoy spending large amounts of time out in the sun, preferring darker places.

Aversion to Garlic: They do not have any abnormal aversion to garlic. Some of the more superstitious vampires will even use it as protection against evil spirits.

Holy Water is like Acid and Hate Crosses: Holy Water and Crosses do nothing to these vampires, in fact many of them are devout Christians and, of those, most are Catholic.

Cannot enter a home uninvited: These vampires can enter a house uninvited. However, it is illegal under vampire law to drink blood from someone who has not offered it. Many of the older vampires take this law very loosely (since it is a newer law) and take an invitation into the home as an offering of blood and so they will not enter a house into which they have not been invited.

Can fly: These vampires cannot fly, but they have the ability to run fast enough and jump high enough so as to appear to be flying.

Can shape shift in to a bat: It is a very rare and powerful vampire who can actually transform himself/herself into anything, even a bat, most times when it appears that a vampire has transformed it is merely an illusion.

Have Charm abilities: These vampires have a wide array of abilities to draw from, most of them being very weak and bordering on useless. However, all vampires have a Talent, or strong inclination towards one power or another. Some such powers are premonitions, illusions, telepathy, telekinesis, etc.

Super Sexual: These vampires are no more sexual than humans but their circumstances are a bit different. There are no known vampire STDs and pregnancy is rare among vampires. They’ve also had a lot longer than humans to perfect their technique.

Are DEAD: These vampires are not dead. They are immortal and very hard to kill but they are technically alive.

Sleep in coffins: Only the most eccentric vampires sleep in coffins and that is because of the trope.

Can't cross running water: These vampires can cross running water.

Stake through the heart to kill: Wooden stakes will not kill these vampires. The phrase actually comes from regular humans misinterpreting a Vampire Hunter’s slang phrase. These vampires can only be killed by weapons enchanted by a witch. The witch who discovered the enchantment was named Stayk and so the slang for these weapons is “Stayk”. So the original phrase was “a Stayk through the heart will kill a vampire”.

Beheading to kill: A beheading will work but only so long as a “Stayk” weapon is used.

Burn to kill: Burning will not kill a vampire except in cases where a charmed object is used to interfere with a vampire’s self-healing abilities.

A bite to turn new vampires: A bite does not turn new vampires but a transfusion of vampire blood will.

Kill the sire, and turn underlings back to human: Killing a sire does not turn a descendant back into a human but it does cause them a great deal of mental anguish because vampires generally have deep psychic bonds with their sires, especially when they are young.

How much like humans are they?: These vampires look like humans. Those who were turned still look enough like they used to that people could recognize them. They sound like humans. They usually mimic the fashions and culture of the humans (at least on the outside). Their internal organs are arranged in the same way as humans.

How do they differ?: These vampires have two additional teeth, a set of fangs. They lack melanin in their skin, but still have it in their hair and eyes. They are stronger and faster than humans. They are effectively immortal. They lack the ability to digest solid food, living on a completely liquid diet, mainly consisting of human or animal blood. They are only capable of healing it they will themselves to, but they can heal themselves instantly except from an injury from a “Stayk” weapon.

Do they have children?: It is very hard for vampires to have children. There has not been a single live birth where both parents were vampires in recorded history. If one parent is human, there is a much greater chance of a successful pregnancy with the greatest chance being when the mother is human. The resulting child of a human and a vampire is a dhampir. Dhampirs cannot have children with vampires, but they can have children with other dhampirs and with humans. Dhampirs can be anything from nearly vampire to nearly human.

Can they turn people to vampires?: This is the only way to create more pure vampires. Dhampirs and humans are both candidates for turning into vampires. Dhampir culture, however, has evolved to be hostile to vampires and vampires who were once dhampirs are treated with contempt and suspicion by both dhampirs and vampires.

What is their lifespans?: These vampires are immortal. They stop aging once they are turned and only die if they are killed.

What sort of powers or strengths do they have?: These vampires have much greater strength and speed than humans, as well as enhanced hearing and eyesight. They have numerous additional abilities, such as mind reading, mind control, future seeing, illusions, telekinesis, healing, etc. Generally these abilities only work against humans and only in a small amount (except for the healing which generally a vampire can only use on his/herself) but each vampire has a Talent which is one of the normal vampire abilities but it comes out stronger in that particular vampire. How strong a vampire’s talent is depends on the vampire, their age, and how much they practice.

What is vampire culture like?: Vampire culture is highly ritualized with many traditions that must be followed to avoid insult or scandal. The vampire government is somewhat based on a limited monarchy. The Prince is the leader of the vampires and anyone who wishes to challenge him/her (it’s an androgynous title in vampire culture) may but, if they fail, they will be executed for treason. The Prince works in tandem with the High Council, both must agree on a law before it may be passed. There is a Council of Elders, consisting of all vampires over the age of one thousand (it’s a surprisingly small number) who advise the Prince and the High Council and who comprise the highest vampire court. Status among vampires is based on age, the older the vampire the higher their effective rank. There are no actual titles among vampires aside from Prince, though important vampires (such as those on the Councils) are referred to as “Lord” or “Lady”. Sires are required to remain with their “children” for the first ten years of their vampirism, though “good” sires generally remain for at least fifty years. Vampires may choose to live among humans but they are still subject to vampire laws.

What are their weaknesses? How do they die?: Vampires are weak against sunlight. It hurts their eyes. They are unable to digest solid food. They are also weak against magic. Witches can fairly easily craft charms to bind vampire or weapons to kill them (by inhibiting their healing abilities). Vampires die when their healing ability (which would otherwise heal any injury instantly) is compromised and they are dealt a mortal injury.

How do the people of the world view vampires?: The general populace of the world is unaware of the existence of vampires. There are humans who do know about vampires (vampire hunters, vampire lovers) but the vampire government tries to keep these at a minimum. Each person’s reaction to the vampires is different. There are those who hate the vampires and those who accept them.

How do they view humans?: The general view of humans is a respectful one, they are intelligent beings who provide the vampires with food. There are many laws that try to protect humans as a valuable resource and a beautiful creature. Not all vampires feel this way, of course. There are those who think humans should be treated like cattle and there are those who think that vampires should find an alternate food source to save the humans.

Are they from this world? How did vampires come to be?: There are none of the truly ancient vampires left so the truth of how the vampires came to be is lost. There are many legends. Some say that vampires are descended from fairies that got lost in the mortal world and could not find their way home. Others believe that vampires were created by God as a punishment to the humans who sinned in the Garden. Still other believe that vampires are a mutated form of humans whose inability to properly reproduce lead to the development of an ability to pass on their mutation through the blood (it would also explain dhampirs). We may never truly know.

Type SL Rabies.

These vampires don't have fangs because it is an illness. However, it does affect the mind, making them think that they have feline-like teeth, where there are no grinding surfaces on the teeth, and only used for carnivorous purposes. Their eyes do become light sensitive, where it becomes painful to be in the sunlight. They also start disliking all vegetables or anything that is not meat. All kinds of water they are scared of, just like normal rabies. They can enter any house, unlike some vampire myths. They cannot fly or shapeshift. This kind of rabies is a virus, but it forces the host to not die, and actually live beyond humanly possible by altering the hormones given to the cells, and producing an enzyme called "Telomarase" and cellular repair so it can spread further. They can't drink normal liquids except blood, because the virus modifies the salivary glands, so it's the perfect conditions. The blood, and raw meats, are what supply the "tools" needed for the virus to repair the cells for immortality. Without any of this, they begin to deteriorate, and their life ends if they do not have blood/raw meats within 72 hours, because the virus begins attacking the body for the stuff it needs to survive itself. The disease began when people started to develop a cure for rabies, after an outbreak of the normal kind. In the opposite laboratory, they were experimenting with stem cells, and other ways of preserving human life. The lab was bombed, and the virus broke free, and mingled with a living vaccine. After a few years of incubation, it had become the virus now infecting many today. It spreads through saliva-to-mouth or saliva-to-bloodstream. It forces the host to want to bite every creature of the same species, for their blood. There is only a bat-human transmission, but it could mutate...

• Thank You
Disease

The disease was made in a laboratory. It was meant to become a weapon for future wars, but something went wrong. It is unknown if someone purposely let the disease out or if it happened due to an accident, but somehow it infected a worker and started to spread. The reaction it had on human bodies were much different from what they had seen in animals, and they fast realized that they weren't nearly as prepared for an outbreak as they had thought.
  • How does it spread?

It can be spread through air and liquid, but the chances of being infected that way are incredibly slim for humans. A bite is often necessary. Once bitten there is a 97% chance of becoming sick. If you eat the meat of an infected human or animal you will most likely get infected.

So far it has affected rats, mice, cats, dogs, monkeys and even pigs. While pigs wasn't one of the test subjects, the disease fast spread after the outbreak and eventually came to a farm. The cows and chickens seemed to make it fine, but the pigs took as much damage as the humans. So far no explanation has come up to how they were infected.

They were able to make a cure while doing tests in the laboratory, but once the outbreak began and adapted to the human body the disease changed enough for it to be non-effective. So far there is no cure for humans, though a vaccine is being tested.

Yes, after a week there is no hope for the mind to recover.

1. The infected human starts feeling incredibly hungry. This happens only hours after having been bitten (or if unlucky, gotten infected through food, sharing liquid with another infected person or being in the same room as an infected person.) No matter how much they eat, nothing can stop their hunger.
    2. Within 24 hours the body starts hurting and the inner organs begins to take damage.
    3. The blood thirst starts within the first 10 hours, but can usually be ignored for a few days. But once getting into the third day the body starts to act on instinct to survive. To keep the body alive for more than five days it will need blood, otherwise the disease will completely devour the organs until the host dies. The skin will also start to rot if no blood is consumed every hour or so, making many of them look more like zombies than vampires.
    4. After consuming blood for the first time (human or animal blood), the victim starts to develop night vision and more strength. At the same time they'll loose their ability to be out during the day as their eyes can't handle the light, and their skin turns extremely sensitive towards it.
    5. While they can keep parts of their humanity intact for a little while even after their instincts and the disease starts to overpower their mind, they'll eventually succumb to the sickness and become more like animals than humans. The disease eats on parts of the brain, eventually killing everything that isn't necessary for the body's survival.

Vampires survive on both human and animal blood. Once they loose all control over their brain they won't care which they eat from and simply just attack whatever's available when they find it. Their whole existence pretty much surrounds eating as they constantly needs blood to survive, thus once they're done with one victim they'll continue to search up a new one.

Vampires sleeps ten minutes at a time, usually right after having devoured a victim and before searching after the next one. They can't afford longer periods of sleep since they need to eat too often.

Since they can't be in direct sunlight during the day, they must stay in places with lots of shadows so they can keep hunting. While they're eyesight won't be very effective even in the shadows, they'll rely on other senses to catch anything that comes close enough. During the days they mainly lie down and wait for animals or humans to come their way so that they can make a surprise attack, while during the night they're always on the run to find new food. If no food is walking into them during the day, they'll most likely die.

Infected animals have no chance of survival even if they eat blood. Within 90 hours of being infected, their organs cease to function and they die. While they're sick they become incredibly aggressive and eats anything they can get their teeth on. Once they come to the step where their organs starts to fail them, they usually spend somewhere between five and up to twenty hours in pain, unmovable, waiting for death. The same happens for humans if they don't consume enough blood.

The disease was made in a laboratory. It was meant to become a weapon for future wars, but something went wrong. It is unknown if someone purposely let the disease out or if it happened due to an accident, but somehow it infected a worker and started to spread. The reaction it had on human bodies were much different from what they had seen in animals, and they fast realized that they weren't nearly as prepared for an outbreak as they had thought.
  • How does it spread?

It can be spread through air and liquid, but the chances of being infected that way are incredibly slim for humans. A bite is often necessary. Once bitten there is a 97% chance of becoming sick. If you eat the meat of an infected human or animal you will most likely get infected.

So far it has affected rats, mice, cats, dogs, monkeys and even pigs. While pigs wasn't one of the test subjects, the disease fast spread after the outbreak and eventually came to a farm. The cows and chickens seemed to make it fine, but the pigs took as much damage as the humans. So far no explanation has come up to how they were infected.

They were able to make a cure while doing tests in the laboratory, but once the outbreak began and adapted to the human body the disease changed enough for it to be non-effective. So far there is no cure for humans, though a vaccine is being tested.

Yes, after a week there is no hope for the mind to recover.

1. The infected human starts feeling incredibly hungry. This happens only hours after having been bitten (or if unlucky, gotten infected through food, sharing liquid with another infected person or being in the same room as an infected person.) No matter how much they eat, nothing can stop their hunger.
    2. Within 24 hours the body starts hurting and the inner organs begins to take damage.
    3. The blood thirst starts within the first 10 hours, but can usually be ignored for a few days. But once getting into the third day the body starts to act on instinct to survive. To keep the body alive for more than five days it will need blood, otherwise the disease will completely devour the organs until the host dies. The skin will also start to rot if no blood is consumed every hour or so, making many of them look more like zombies than vampires.
    4. After consuming blood for the first time (human or animal blood), the victim starts to develop night vision and more strength. At the same time they'll loose their ability to be out during the day as their eyes can't handle the light, and their skin turns extremely sensitive towards it.
    5. While they can keep parts of their humanity intact for a little while even after their instincts and the disease starts to overpower their mind, they'll eventually succumb to the sickness and become more like animals than humans. The disease eats on parts of the brain, eventually killing everything that isn't necessary for the body's survival.

Vampires survive on both human and animal blood. Once they loose all control over their brain they won't care which they eat from and simply just attack whatever's available when they find it. Their whole existence pretty much surrounds eating as they constantly needs blood to survive, thus once they're done with one victim they'll continue to search up a new one.

Vampires sleeps ten minutes at a time, usually right after having devoured a victim and before searching after the next one. They can't afford longer periods of sleep since they need to eat too often.

Since they can't be in direct sunlight during the day, they must stay in places with lots of shadows so they can keep hunting. While they're eyesight won't be very effective even in the shadows, they'll rely on other senses to catch anything that comes close enough. During the days they mainly lie down and wait for animals or humans to come their way so that they can make a surprise attack, while during the night they're always on the run to find new food. If no food is walking into them during the day, they'll most likely die.

Infected animals have no chance of survival even if they eat blood. Within 90 hours of being infected, their organs cease to function and they die. While they're sick they become incredibly aggressive and eats anything they can get their teeth on. Once they come to the step where their organs starts to fail them, they usually spend somewhere between five and up to twenty hours in pain, unmovable, waiting for death. The same happens for humans if they don't consume enough blood.
That is a scary good vampire.

Reactions: Mr. Hybrid
If a reporter interviewed a vampire(Like in Anne Rice's Interview with the vampire)
I'm in class so this will be in 2 parts.

PART 1:

"So vampirism... what is it? Race?Disease?Beast?"
"It is a race."

"I see.So,You have pointy fangs?"
"Yes, our fangs will come out when we are angry, hungry or feeding but shrink when we are going throughout our day."

"What about the myth that you get sunburns from the Sun?"
"If you are a halfling, the sun has no affect. Halflings still have the human sensitivity to skin but it can be slightly annoying depending on the Halfling. For purebloods, they get immediate 3rd degree burns."

"And the myth of your Aversion to Garlic?"
"No. The only aversion is from the smell. Our sense of smell is stronger than that of a human. Garlic is disgusting."

"What about Holy water?"
"Holy water burns purebloods and can cause painful blistering or burning rashes on halflings.A lot of it would kill a pureblood."

"What about your hate for crosses?"
"Its really rude to hold up a cross and tell us to get back. We may be unholy but it doesn't mean we don't believe in god."

"Is the myth you need to be invited in also fake?"
"We can enter if invited if we are halflings, pure bloods must ask. The loophole is the invitations to parties and events. If we get our hands on an invite.. we will crash it."

"How about Powers? (Shapeshifting, flight etc.)"
"The powers depens on the vampire. All purebloods have some sort of power, but its 1 in 10 for halflings. It depends on how strong the sire is."

"Your a handsome guy. I'm sure the ladies love you. What about the sex appeal?" *smiles*
*chuckle* "It's the appeal of power...but I suppose you can say we are like death angels. Beautiful but dangerous."

"Do you consider yourself dead?"
"Yes. Our hearts are not thumping. Vampires were men whom were drained of their blood till they were to the brink of death then given the blood of a vampire sire and the blood brings them back and as they die, their bodies use that blood to copy and make more."

"Do you sleep in Coffins like you would a bed?"
"No. Some do but that's like putting someone in a very small room and expect them to be comfortable."

"What would happen if you were staked? Burned.. or beheaded?"
*looks disgusted* "What would happen if you were? You'd die wouldn't you? We may be immortal but anything would die from something like that."

"Alright, I didn't mean to insult you. Last question on this then we will get to the deep stuff. Do your bites change humans? I mean you spoke of halflings."
"Yes. I will explain why when we get deeper. But its a certain ritual as I said when you asked if we were dead. A sire has to give the human its blood after draining the human of their blood till they are at the brink or death. And no, you can't kill the sire in order to change that sire's bitten into humans. Once you are dead and changed that's it. There are no take backs."

"I see. That explains a lot. Let me change my tape then we can start again. I want to know more about the your kind."