Create a Character Challenge #80

K

Kitti

Original poster
This challenge is one about making characters based on the setting that they're destined for and also just a fun romp with one of the most creative aspects of roleplaying: character making. Based on the image posted, my challenge is for you to create a character for that setting and post it here!
This week's image:
374_large.jpg
Feel free to utilize this character sheet or create your own:
Name:
Species:
Family:
Personality:
History:
Current Goal/Purpose:
Appearance:

Name: Areiz Kavi
Species: Cyborg
Appearance:
images

Personality: She's a caring, soft person who is very protective and loyal to those she cares for. Get on her bad side though, she will rip you apart piece by piece, limb by limb, and organ by organ.
Ultimate Goals: Exterminate the world from all bad people.

Reactions: Kitti
Log 4628.11.27

Building of the temple has been halted.
We've woken her.
At first we didn't know her intentions but after what she did to Jacobs... Well.
Little is known about her. There are no locals to tell us anything. They up and left in the middle of the night.
Left all their stuff behind and just...vanished.
I've ordered the crew to keep their distance from her for the meantime.
The following attachment is all I've been able to discern about her through observation.

Loading...|

mother.doc
[bg][/bg][bg]Name: Jacobs kept calling her "Mother".
Gender: We honestly have no clue. She's alien to us. She doesn't have any gender defining features that we know of.
Age: There's honestly no way of telling how old she is, but I'm fairly certain that she's been here in the core of the planet for at least a century. We've found carvings and paintings of her and they date back quite a ways.
Species: Never encountered anything like her. She's some kind of...humanoid sea creature. In regards to those paintings mentioned above, some depicted her arriving from the stars on a ball of fire. I think she's not indigenous to this planet, maybe even this solar system.
Family: She's the only one, as far as we know. Hell, I really hope she doesn't have any big brothers. We're all deadmen if that's the case.
Personality:Highly unstable. Bi-polar? When we encountered her, she seemed timid and inquisitive. But then all of a sudden she attacked Jacobs in the water. If any of us get close to the pool inside the temple, she gets really violent. Maybe she's guarding something. Maybe she's just outright insane. Either way, she's definitely two-faced. She's an anglerfish.
History: We first encountered her when we were diving for for metals. The natural slates of metal here make for good building material. We ended up diving deeper than we had ever gone before. We found a payload of slate down there but I don't know...something about the place gave me goosebumps. It was impossibly dark down there for water that gives off its own light. Something wasn't right. And then Jacobs tore this big chunk of slate up and there she was. It wasn't until much later that I realized that particular portion of slate was shaped like a coffin. She'd been entombed down there. Someone had not wanted her to wake up. But she did, and she didn't really do anything except watch us work. It was a few days before she showed her true colors. Jacobs had taken a liking to her. He kept talking to her while he worked and even spent his off-time sitting on the edge of the diving ramp. Then one day, she just reaches up with those tendrils and drags him down. Tore him in two like he was paper. After that, we high-tailed it out of there and started looking for answers. That's when we found out the locals had all ran off.
Current Goal/Purpose: Hell if I know. She did things to Jacobs' mind. Maybe she's some kind of chaos deity. Maybe she's just a telepath with a violent nature. I still get the feeling that she's guarding something down there in the depths...
Appearance:Transparent with a white hue. Her upper half is vaguely humanoid. She has a face with all the parts, a torso, and arms. From the waist down, she morphs into a jellyfish - the big kind, like the ones that invaded Japan's waters back in the 21st century. Her tendrils are long and barbed for what I can only assume is to hook into flesh and hold on tight. Her organs can be clearly seen through her skin. Though she seems to be made of delicate organic material, she possesses strength far surpassing a human's.
[/bg]

Last edited:
Feren.jpg
Name: Feren AKA "Mechanic"
Species: Lizardman
Family: None
Personality: He's very much a loner. He was raised in the darkness of the under city isolated from the rest of the world. It suits him just fine; it keeps him focused on his work. Besides, anyone who's actually seen him hasn't stayed for long. Aside from that, he's emotionally unstable; part of the reason why he's residing in the under city.
History: Little is known about the recluse of a mechanic. Just that he's been living under the city for as long as the city has and, as far as everyone knows, has been keeping the generator under the city in working condition. In fact, less is known about the generator than being who keeps it running. People presume that the city was built around the generator and used it, but hasn't been confirmed. As for the mysterious Feren, he monitors, guards, and maintains the generator to supply the city with resources and power. No one knows why he does it, but the only time anyone ever encounters him is during weekly excursions to bring him supplies.
Current Goal/Purpose: All that seems to drive him is the desire to keep that generator running, as if his life depended on it. He tirelessy toils day after day for that thing, but no one complains. They benefit as his work, but he doesn't seem to mind. Though, some rumors float around that he may be planning... something. Rumors actually say that he might've been modifying the machine, but no one knows enough about the machine to know. In any case, people keep their distance from him.

Name: Jessica M. Sastre
Species: Human
Family: Stephan- younger stepbrother (8)
Martin- older brother (30)
Amelia- mother
Demetrie- stepfather
Thomas- biological father
Personality: Just your typical nature loving scientist. She's smart- graduated from an ivy league college with a full ride-confident in her skills and laid back, unless she is angry or curious. Not very patient when it comes to people, but loves her job. Would prefer exploring and cataloging flora all day if she could. Has a strong sense of loyalty to her friends and is very stubborn when it comes to doing what's right. Does not compromise her morals.
History: Jessica Sastre is a young Botanist working with a mad genius, Joe Collins, who is certain he will be able to create a miracle cure, if only he could find the right ingredients. While hiking through a South American forest in the search of yet another plant her partner needed for his experiments, Jess gets separated from her group. While trying to find her way back she falls into a deep pit, hidden by moss, dirt and weak branches. On the way down she hits her head and lands badly on her right ankle and passes out; by the time she awakens, night has fallen. Unable to climb out because of her injury, she looks around her and notices a faint blue glow. She follows it and learns that it is a strange- possibly undiscovered- type of luminous moss. Motivated by her curiosity, she keeps following the tunnel until she notices that there is more light in the cave than moss or her flashlight could produce. She then finds her way to a small tunnel that slops downward and emits light the same color as the moss. On a whim, she follows it. Halfway down the tunnel it becomes dangerously steep but before she can climb back out, there is a cave in and she is forced to slide down or risk being burred alive. The tunnel ends about ten feet above a glowing blue river of water. She is quickly pulled downstream by the current and deposited in a moat of sorts surrounding a building she could not have imagined in her wildest dreams. Before she can come back to her senses she is grabbed and dragged underwater. Unable to fight her captor off, she passes out again, waking up in a cell with no guards or other prisoners present.
Current Goal/Purpose: Unknowingly, Jess had wandered into the territory of a hidden civilization. They had acquired, through various means, several different kinds of technology and put their own spin on it, using their resources in an ingeniously efficient manner. Unfortunately, their customs where still stuck in the past and they intend on using Jess as a sacrifice to one of their gods. Luckily for her, their "spiritual leader", a man who had been picked up by the people as a young boy, convinced them that the sacrifice this time had to be a man. Unfortunately, the one being targeted was none other than her mad scientist friend, Joe. So, her and her new allies have to figure out a way to escape the inescapable fortress and save her friends without becoming a snack to the gods themselves. But She is also determined to take some of the sacred moss and algae-which has been refined by the inhabitants into an extremely potent medicine- back to Joe for him to use in his experiments. But in the end she will have to make a choice. The lives of her friends or the miracle drug that could save the lives of millions?
Appearance: Wavy brown hair just long enough to pull back into a ponytail. Tanned from being outdoors. 5'6''. Average body size. In shape from hiking and climbing. Brown eyes, thin, strait nose, average face.

Pardon me for trying out something different, and if it's inappropriate. (I know, character sheet, but this was what came across my mind when I saw that picture >.<)

It was a quiet night, well, as quiet as any one night can be, with the machineries that move like clockwork in this place. In the small corner, a man, of about six feet tall, with a relatively well built body stands. Upon closer inspection, one migh notice the scar on his face, running from his forehead, down his left eye, and ending near his left ear. He donned upon himself a mantle, and various tools can be seen adorning his belt, though, they are not bizzarre for any mechanic to have. He wasn't, however, a mechanic, as his task was to sabotage the furnace, and subsequently trigger the revolution. Or so he was told.

His radio vibrated, and when he pressed the earpiece, "Big Dog, come in Big Dog, this is Little Rabbit."

"This is Big Dog. What is it Little Rabit?"

"We've been found! The Red Fox was actually a spy, and they know what you're up to. Leave, now!"

As a man from a military background, he threw his radio, and knew what it meant when one is found. He quickly left the compound, barely missing the squad that was sent in to find him. His only concern now is to try and find his comrades, assuming they haven't been killed.

Name: Unknown (Codename: Big Dog)
Species: Human
Family: None that are blood related
Personality: Cold, calculated, caring to those of whom he calls "family" or "friends"
History: An ex-military officer, he quit the military after the horrors that the government willingly conducted in the name of "glory". He now works with the rebels, trying to start a revolution to topple the current regime, who happens to have a habit of making dissenters disappear to boot.
Current Goal/Purpose: Rescuing his comrades

Last edited by a moderator: