Create a Character Challenge #23

K

Kitti

Original poster

This challenge is one about making characters based on the setting that they're destined for and also just a fun romp with one of the most creative aspects of roleplaying: character making. Based on the image posted, my challenge is for you to create a character for that setting and post it here!

This week's image:
D1BG_01.jpg

Feel free to utilize this character sheet or create your own:

Name:
Species:
Family:
Personality:
History:
Current Goal/Purpose:
Appearance:

I don't normally do these challenges but I'm really bored (should be sleeping as I have work in 6 hours, but hey.)
Also I suck at putting character ideas into words, so I thought I'd have a go at this, see if I can get better at it or something. So! =D here goes!

Name: Vinthus
Species:
Undead (Human)
Family:
Unknown
Personality:
Growing ever more detached from the living with every meaningless year of existence, Vinthus shows complete apathy towards all of his surroundings and any who enter his realm.
History:
Chosen against his will by the legendary Necromancer Nôdd-uun to become his famulus and learn his art, Vinthus was once a promising young blacksmith but memories of his past life have all but left him now. Initially reluctant to do his bidding, the longer he served Nôdd-uun and the more he learned of necromancy and it's subtleties, the less resistant he became to his master's will and he eventually came to enjoy his assignments, at least to the extent he was capable of enjoying anything.
A century after Vinthus' rebirth, Nôdd-uun was defeated by chance during the final stage of what was to be his great victory over the living, leaving Vinthus without purpose.

Current Goal/Purpose:
During the first few decades after his master's defeat Vinthus still relished toying with the living but having only lived to serve, the sudden lack of orders to follow began to take their toll and he became weary of his life, if it could be called such.
Now he simply wanders aimlessly, flitting in and out of complete estrangement from reality. During his periods of thought he occasionally wishes for some purpose, some goal to strive for but these thoughts are fleeting and he has surrendered himself to the reality that he is doomed to exist without purpose, so apathetic that he is incapable of even taking his own false life.

Appearance:
necromancer_by_yigitkoroglu-d345a2i.jpg
I went for the obvious choice I know, but I really do like necromancers...

Name: Ash'Takar, Son of Raztshar and Mel'Osia. Bearer of the Strings of Fate.
Species: We have many names. We are everywhere. We are timeless. We shall endure.

Family: My mother is the Goddess of Time and Space, Raztshar. My father is the God of Life and Death, Mel'Osia. I have many siblings, too many to name here.

Personality: I try to separate myself from the world as much as I can. I suppose human's would call me aloof, at best. I don't enjoy being around mortal creatures, as I can see everything in their life. From their birth to their death, I can see every single path their choices could lead down. Its a bit much, so I dwell in the realm of gods most time. When dealing with my extensive family, I suppose one could call me the..strange one. The one that would stand awkwardly in the corner, avoiding conversation, with his mind on other matters. My work is always on my mind. I am never given a break from my work, as there is a constant flow that needs to be upheld. There will always be someone dying, their threads needing to be cut. And there shall always be new birth, their threads sewn into the tapestry of life.

History: I was one of the six original children, born from the depths of my mother's eyes, clothed in a cloak of her dark tangles. I am the youngest of those original six, yet tasked with the monumental chore of keeping track of a sentient life on this Earth. It wasn't so difficult in the beginning, but as science grows more powerful in your world, causing more people to live and thrive, my work load has steadily increased. I've debated in asking my sister to have one of her creatures reach ascension and come to war with the humans. Yes, the influx of death would likely bring my workload to the breaking point, but the massive hit would likely slow things down later on.

Current Goal/Purpose: All I am trying to do is keep up with the massive amount of life on this world. I may not be mortal, but I am not a god. I too have my limits.

Appearance: If and when I were to appear in a form that mortal eyes could see, many would falsely perceive me as death. A tall figure wrapped in a black cloak. My appearance to my family would be more of what one might expect from one who is not mortal. I am luminous and pale, seemingly made of flowing starlight. I am colourless, and transparent, yet contain the threads of life within my body. My eyes, when open, are white and pupiless, and all seeing. I see everything...

Name: Zevrin
Age: In human temporal Measurements 10 million years, to his species, he is only an Adolescent, nearing his final stages of entering adulthood, He was born during Earth's Tortonian Stage of the Miocene Epoch
Species: Kriallan
Family: He has no memory of his family, Orphaned
Personality: He is cold, distant, and quick to disappear when people try to get close to him. He freezes out anyone who even tries to learn his name. Despite his unwillingness to befriend or even acquaint himself to people, when he sees trouble he fixes it, a hero who is shrouded in silence.
History: Zevrin was not born on Earth, though he was a witness to what his people did to the humans, destroyed their world, needlessly simply for humanity refusing to take part in genetic experimentation. His fleet was destroyed committing treason, an act of rebellion on humanity's behalf, to give humanity the inalienable right to life just as the Kriallan and other species had. Ever since he has stayed on the ruined Earth, lending a silent, mysterious hand to the bands of survivors he comes across.
Current Goal/Purpose:In truth he has no purpose, failing to save Humanity he felt that self imposed exile was the only way to atone for his failures and for his treasonous acts against his own kind. His only desire is to gain forgiveness and to atone for what he feels he has done.
Appearance: The Kriallan are a featureless race, simple pale white humanoids with no color in their eyes no variations to their skin colors. Their ears are pointed, and their blood is green. They appear to be bald elven humans, standing nearly 10 feet tall for males and 8 for females. and besides normal gender specific traits such as breasts and softer facial features, it is almost impossible to tell one individual from another.