Craving: gaslamp fantasy, witchcraft, brotherxbrother and kidnap (updated 11/05/19)

Rumpleteaser

Creative writer
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
  4. Futanari
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Magical, Mythological, Fairy tales
I have one craving at the moment. I posted it on the redstar search thread but I could do it without smut so I'm posting it here. It's a gaslamp fantasy romance involving two brothers. I would prefer to skip over sex scenes entirely if we do not to the rp over the redstar bedroom. I just checked the FAQs and it states that sexual content is allowed outside star sections so long as you wrap a spoiler around it and use mature tags. Please tell me your age BEFORE we roleplay if you want smut. I will not do smut with people under 18.

I am looking for preferably a switch to play as David Weland Vertox's older brother in an incestuous romance. His brother could also be switch or a mostly top who fights for dominance and is willing to submit on occasion. David is also a top/switch who will only submit to those he has great respect for. What I'm REALLY wanting out of this is a reconciliation and romance of two brothers who were driven apart by their sadistic father. There are physical and emotional scars involved, including a fear of water and severe lung damage for David and hypotrophic scars covering the brother's entire back. Character A (the brother) is a recently graduated law student who is set to inherit the massive family fortune, Vertox Estate along with becoming the ruler of the province, city or city state. David is a troublesome, promiscuous, homoflexible, male witch who was disinherited for being everything his father hates.

This is going to be my "forever searching" thread rather than making a new one every time I have an idea or craving. You don't actually have to read the "About me" section. It's mostly there as an FYI. We can talk details together over PMs. Keep checking back for updates and look back at old posts for ideas I might have had along the way. The "Advanced plots" and "Smaller plots" sections are very old ideas. They're mostly there to show I'm capable of creative thoughts. You're more than welcome to look at them but I'm not craving them right now. I'd rather make something new with my current cravings or use one of the new plots.

Currently I am online two days a week - either Monday or Tuesday as well as Friday. I may come online on weekends but don't bank on it. I can post two long posts per week or a few shorter posts per day on the days I'm online. Please be patient with me if things get slow.

Last updated: 11/05/19

Current cravings:
  • NEW: A Brotherly Affair (see second post)
  • CRAVING: Varis Aelothi Tennr Herrovindl (see second post)
  • CRAVING: The Return of the Sorcerer's Apprentice (see second post)
  • CRAVING: Lucius Piety Damakos (see second post)
  • Something like "The Dragon Prince"
  • Snow capped mountains and blistering weather
  • Intercontinental train journeys
  • D&D type settings, themes or races
  • Excitement, adventures, journeys or quests
  • Something with a good combination of plot, tension, character development and smut
  • Possibly something with slavery or some other sort of subservience
  • Changing seasons, wintry weather, flower blossoms (hana-no-ami) and autumn leaves
  • Characters/species with wings
  • Princes, kings, knights and other royalty
About me:
I've been roleplaying since 2005. My first character was a werewolf called Serigala who was off on a quest as part of her initiation. I started hetero then turned to yaoi after I met a friend who was obsessed with it. We roleplayed for several years until she had a divine awakening. I do love mxm but will happily play other relationships too. I love diversity above all else.

I write at least four paragraphs of five lines each, so 20 lines as a rough minimum. I mirror and can write up to 5000 words if the roleplay calls for it. I use Australian English, which is like British English rather than American English. At the risk of sounding like I have a rod up my arse, I write at university level... at least I think I do. I make typos from time to time, which frustrates the hell out of me because it's usually too late to fix them. That said, I will not judge you for how well you write. So long as I can understand it and you give me enough to work with, I'm happy. I prefer if you give me at least three decent paragraphs but I understand writer's block happens to all of us.

Now, if you do get writer's block or need to leave the roleplay for any reason, please tell me. Even if we stop the roleplay for a few months, I'm happy to go back to it. I'll probably message you a few times before letting go. I have one person who I've been roleplaying with for years that posts maybe every three or four months but our posts are usually two pages long. On the other hand, if I get writer's block or need a break, I will always let you know. If something does happen and I can't continue for a while, I will get back to you when I am up to roleplaying again. Hopefully this doesn't happen.

I'm in GMT+10 or AEST, which is the east coast of Australia. The times I'm on have been fluctuating lately but don't hesitate to say hello if you see me online.

I can roleplay over threads, PMs, Discord or possibly Skype. I prefer threads though. I only give out my Discord and Skype details once I get to know people.

I play dominant, switch, submissive, bottom, top, gay, bisexual, heteroflexible, homoflexible, pansexual, straight, male, female, transgender, intersex and everything in between. I like to mix things up. I tend to play individuals rather than clear-cut sexual roles. None of my characters are the same. It gets boring to play the same typical sadistic dom all the time. That said, I do like dark themes like abuse, rape and abduction. It's not the only thing I like though. Hot, steamy romance is fun too. I love adventure, action, drama, tension, time periods and excitement. Slice-of-life and realistic fiction are so dull! Please don't ask for this genre unless you have a really good idea with something exciting to hook me in.

I play multiple characters. I can double, create NPCs and NJCs. Our main characters won't be the only people in the roleplay. They're not the only ones in the universe. You may have to play NPCs and NJCs too so if you can only play one character, I'm probably not the player for you. We don't have to double unless you ask for it.

I like heaps of kinks - too many to list. I can get very kinky. I have very few limits but will respect yours. Tell me what you want, what you don't want and what you refuse and I'll make sure to adhere to them. My only limits are children, characters with the mind of a child, newly hatched characters, characters with child-state amnesia, high school students or anything like that. I want to roleplay adult characters with adult players. Actually, I don't like insect shape-shifters or insect furries either. (I have been asked to play master for a sex cockroach girl before! No thanks!) I also don't like pathetic, whiny, angsty characters or adorable, innocent, kawaii characters. I like characters to have a bit of spark to them. I like them to be believable too.

My only other rules are no cybering, no canon characters unless they are NPCs, don't puppet my characters and don't kill them without permission. Injuries are fine. Basically how I roleplay interaction, such as fighting, is that I'll write how my character attacks yours then you'll write whether the attack hit or missed then how much damage it did. It makes it easier than saying things like "he reached out and tried to kiss him" all the time and it isn't god modding. That way, you can say your character cut off my character's arm then I can either say he pulled away or he wasn't strong enough to resist. I also wouldn't mind using dice if you're interested. You'll have to help me with this though because I'm new to D&D.

I tend to be an aggressive roleplayer. That doesn't mean I'll boss you around, beat the shit out of your character or take control of them. Aggressive roleplayers are the ones who tend to build the setting and plot where passive roleplayers tend to follow along. I like a bit of give and take. Please add to the story as much as you can. Please give me something to work with. Please use your imagination.

I like to talk OOC, which means Discord and PMs. I like to make friends with my fellow roleplayers. If you prefer to keep some distance between us, that's cool. Let me know and I'll keep quiet, otherwise you won't be able to shut me up!

Hmm... What else do you want to know? I'm an open book. Ask me anything you like. I don't bite. Some of my character might though. XD Send me a message if you want a sample. Actually, I'll add some here shortly.

Post samples:
These aren't necessarily my best or my worst work. They're my most current. If you want to see more, you're welcome to ask me or look at my other roleplays.
'You have brought dark magic into our midst, Naekian,' Guardian Galethian said sagely. 'Unbind him and lay him on the ground so that I may look at him.'

The guardian waited for the younger elves to do as she bid before gracefully folding herself onto her knees beside the stranger. She removed the furs they'd wrapped him in and took a look at the state of his unconscious, shivering body. Her hands hovered over him by about a foot as she searched out the evil magic she felt on him. It was the circlet wrapped in dried fronds. It looked like an oversized doughnut with all the layers he'd hidden it in. She untied it from his belt made of vines and unpeeled all the layers of fronds. The moment her skin touched it, she tossed it to the ground.

'This is evil magic indeed. What is this stranger doing with something like this? Why does he bring this to us?' she asked herself gravely. 'I will take this from him until he wakes. I want to know more about it. Naekian, I want you to find out what you can about it. See if he will talk to you.'

Galethian looked from the golden circlet on the ground to the one who had carried it with him for forty years. Varis had not stirred at all since the sleeping spell had been removed. He was too exhausted to wake and too exhausted to dream. He was completely spent after pushing himself to his limits for six years.

'He is in terrible shape. No doubt the unholy magic has affected him too. He may even be dangerous, though we should not assume as much until we know more about him. Did he say anything to you? Did he tell you why he has come to these forests?' Galethian asked Naekian. The Spiritual Elder rested her hand on the side of that pallid cheek and sent a sleeping spell into his body. 'We need to know more about him but that can wait. He is in great need of recovery first. I will speak to the other elders of this tribe then wake him when we are ready for him.'

Varis was left to sleep for ten nights while the Spiritual Elder mulled over the circlet. She spent a lot of time by his side, either examining his spirit or healing his broken leg. She was also the one who got his body to move and respond when he was fed and watered. The appearance of this stranger was troubling, especially coupled with his tainted aura and the cursed circlet. Early morning after his tenth night of sleep, the Guardian took the sleeping spell off him. While he didn't wake, the difference was immediate. He began to pant in his sleep and soon his head was tossing from side to side. He hissed and raised his hackles before tossing into several different positions. For the next hour or two he fought with his inner demons. They seemed to be winning.

Finally, Varis shrieked and his body went taut. His eyes snapped open and he panted in sheer terror. He had his arms up around his head protectively, as if he expected to be attacked. He stared up at Naekian with wide, panicked eyes as he tried to settle himself down. He reached out and took Naekian's hands in his and gave them a squeeze before pushing himself up into sitting position. He sat up properly and looked around the large tent he'd been placed in before looking back at Naekian.

'I know it sounds cliche but I thought you must have been a dream,' he said. Varis ran his fingers through his long, white hair and looked down. His clothes were gone but he was covered in a thick blanket and furs. Varis flushed as he realised someone must have stripped and cleaned his naked body while he slept. While moon elves weren't normally body shy or embarrassed about nudity, Varis had been living with humans for 34 years. He had beautiful alabaster skin, teal eyes and was more muscular than most elves. When he'd been a gladiator slave ten years ago, he'd been buff but now he was just well built with very little fat covering his body. His connection with plants had meant he'd never run out of food. Finding water had been harder than finding food so he'd never starved. He was dangerously anemic though and was missing a few key nutrients because he had no tools to hunt with. He hadn't eaten meat in six years.

'Thank you for bringing me here, cousin. It's been 40 years since I was last amongst other moon elves,' Varis said softly. He rubbed his face and smiled over at Naekian. He wasn't sure what else to say. He felt exhausted but not in a physical way. The last 40 years had taken a lot out of him and now he just felt spent. He didn't know if he had any fight left in him.
'It's fine. It's not my business anyway,' Varis said with a tired shrug. 'I always thought dragons had better memories than even elves. Our spiritual elders tell us dragons are the paramount of intelligence, only bested by the gods. Moon elves deal with dragons but you're the first dragon I've actually met in person. A scout is an important member of the tribe but they have no part in running the tribe or negotiations with other races.'

'Do you try to keep a distance from him?' Varis asked. It certainly sounded like it. He didn't know but their relationship didn't seem that strong.

'I'm sorry. I thought you knew he keeps you hidden. I assumed it was for your own protection. You're still a very young dragon,' Varis tried to cover.

Varis turned and looked up at Luna. There was a frown on his face. He didn't know what to make of Fredriech getting drunk, especially when the last time had ended in the human touching him up and telling him about an ex-lover. Fredriech should learn to be more careful when drunk, not that Varis could talk. Drinking made Varis horny and he'd had many one night stands he'd regretted the next day. Drunk men weren't particularly careful.

'I can go search for him if you like. I'd offer for you to come with me but then he'd know about your human form,' Varis suggested. He sighed and rubbed his face. He didn't particularly want to go into town but Fredriech could be in trouble.
‘No, I can’t do magic,’ Marltok said firmly, though not too insistent. He was used to this lie. It came as easily to him as breathing. ‘The sun radiates more than visible light. Some of that radiation is harmful to even Surfacean eyes. I figured if I’m going to get sunglasses befitting a Drow, they should have UV and glare protection as well. Do they affect your dark sight? Can you still see heat properly?’

Quilzar seemed to be going through a lot of emotions in a short period of time and Marltok didn’t know what to do about it. Should he hug the man? Did Quilzar need reassurances? Did Markltok need to insist that there was nothing sinister behind the surprises he’d given the Drow? Marltok moved to the front wall of Quilzar’s quarters and just leaned with his back against it and his arms folded casually across his chest. He looked around the room before letting his gaze settle on the floor. He didn’t want to seem as if he was staring at Quilzar or anticipating something. Let the man enjoy his gifts in peace.

‘I expect you to wear the glasses,’ Marltok stated with a shrug. ‘A gift is not an obligation, it never should be. These gifts are given freely because they benefit you. If you need more of a reason, you could say you’ve earned them for working on my leg, sparring with me and spending time with me these last months. You could say these are my way of showing my gratitude.... but that’s not the mostly-trusted truth. I did it purely for you.’

The goblin gave a chuckle as Quilzar dove into the locusts – elegantly. There was a relaxed smile on his face as he watched Quilzar eat for a few moments. It seemed the food has really hit the spot. Marltok nodded when Quilzar held one of the tempura locusts out. He had nothing against insects any more than he had anything against meat or fruits. He took the offered locust but knew better than to try the dipping sauce. He gave the thing a sniff before popping it in his mouth. He had a thoughtful look on his face as he continued to chew. After a shrug, he swallowed the thing. It wasn’t bad. He would have eaten a few if he was hungry but these were just for Quilzar. He’d prefer if the man had something just for himself for once.

After about ten minutes of Marltok playing around with his elven puzzle box, Quilzar seemed to finish up his food. Marltok looked up at the Drow then put his puzzle back in his sports bag. As he did, his brown hair hung down around his face and he had to brush it back into place. He didn’t normally like having his hair out because it wasn’t practical. On second thought, he’d rather have the puzzle to work on while Quilzar did his hair.

‘I take it they were good? Were they the way you like them?’ he asked. ‘I don’t think I’ve ever seen you looking so happy. Put the rest of them away and clean up. We’ll do my hair then it’s up to you what we do the rest of the day.’

Marltok took the chair Quilzar had been sitting on and moved it in front of the vanity, where he normally sat while Quilzar did his hair. He ran his fingers through it as he waited then just sat back patiently. At first he’d felt incredibly weird about being pampered but after three weeks, that feeling was starting to ease. In the dim electric light, Marltok started to work on the puzzle box. There was a frown of concentration on his face as he looked at all six different sides. He’d committed each of the symbols to memory but he had no idea what they meant. It would probably be easier if he spoke the language. It was a typical Hefeielldaen thing to do – deny Marltok’s access to the Elvish language then give him a puzzle cube written in Elvish for him to solve as a way to prove himself.

‘I don’t suppose you can read this, can you?’ Marltok asked, holding the thing up beside him for Quilzar to look at. This wasn’t the first time Quilzar had seen the cube but it was the first time Marltok had actually handed it to him or commented on it. As far as Marltok knew, Quilzar only spoke English, Seelie, Drowish and Goblin Tongue. It was worth a shot though. Even if Quilzar didn’t speak Elvish, maybe he recognised a few of the symbols. ‘Hefeielldaen gave me this as a coming of age present. The bastard knows I have no way of learning the language without him yet he gives me this as a way to prove I’m worthy of I don’t even know what. I expect that fucktard will say something like completing the puzzle is its own reward.’

Questions for you:
You don't have to answer these unless you want to. They're just to get the ball rolling. If you don't have any ideas and don't like any of mine, here are a few questions to get us started...
  • What time period or level of technology are you interested in? (E.g. Victorian, Regency, Modern or Medieval)
  • What pairing are you interested in? (E.g. dom/dom, dom/sub, switch/sub; fxm, mxm, fxf; or undefined)
  • Will our world have gods, magic, mythological creatures, other worlds, aliens, the force or anything like that?
  • How much plot vrs smut do you want? (E.g. 40% plot, 60% smut or 40/60)
  • What are your current kinks and cravings?
  • How do you like your smut? (E.g. cute, cuddly, hard, rough or abusive)
  • How long are your posts?
  • What are your limits?

Last edited:
New plots:
This is the post I'm adding newer or unexplored plots to. The plots in the next two posts are super old. I'm not particularly interested in using them at the moment. Remember that all characters can be any gender and that plots can be adjusted.

NEW CRAVING: A Brotherly Affair
As you can probably guess, this is an incest homosexual roleplay. There is a fairly dark backstory to it too. It's gaslamp fantasy, so horse drawn carts instead of cars and electricity may or may not be in use yet. If electricity exists, it's in the experimental phases and the best people can come up with is glowing lights. We can discuss the level of technology together. It starts off at the graduation of Character A from a top-ranked law university. David (my character), Character A's disowned and estranged younger brother, is an accomplished male witch who is not invited to the graduation party. David causes a massive scene, kidnaps his older brother and teleports him to a secret location where he confesses his love. We can discuss where it goes from there.
Lord Vertox had a loving wife and two sons (possibly a set of younger twin boys as well). He was the lord of the city and had his thumb in every pie, legal and illegal. He was a dictator and ruled with complete power, both outside and inside the home. The only place he allowed his affections to rule were with his beloved wife, Kalista. She was the only warmth in his life. She was the mother of his two children (possibly four) and cared for them tenderly.

Alas, Kalista died young, not long after the birth of her youngest. It was the consumption, also called the wasting disease or tuberculosis. She was confined to her rooms and not allowed to see anyone except Vertox himself. The oldest son, Character A, was particularly affected by this because of his attachment to his mother. The young boy would sneak into his mother's room to be with her all the way up to her death. He was lucky he didn't catch it too! The second son, David, was too young to understand and never really knew his mother before she got sick. As he grew older, he forgot even what his mother looked like.

Lord Vertox took over the education of the two young boys, though after his wife's death he became colder and stricter towards them than every before. He pitted the two boys against one another, forcing them to fight for his affection and the right to inherit out of the belief it would push them to even greater heights. Character A was the older so Lord Vertox put more into him than David but he still used David to instill fear into Character A that he might lose his inheritance. From such a tender age the boys always had tutors in subjects he believed the boys would need to rule the city.

Unfortunately fort Lord Vertox, the boys were harder to split apart than expected. Character A was very protective of David and David worshiped the ground Character A walked on. Either of them would do anythign for one another, even hide dirty secrets of their father's treatment. Neither boy knew that below the mansion in their home's dungeons, the other was being abused. It started for Character A first. If he even so much lost a chess match against his father, he was caned or whipped viciously. Lord Vertox believed this would inspire his son to work harder and always keep himself twenty steps ahead of his enemy. He wanted to turn the boy into a younger version version of himself - intelligent, cold, ruthless and cunning. It was the only way the boy would get ahead. Character A was to be his alma mater.

For David, it did not start until much later. He was found to be learning witchcraft from one of his tutors, along with a long line of indecent bahaviour. The boy was a pervert and a witch, even from a young age. Lord Vertox found the child's affections for his brother unnatural and sought to purify him of them by taking him down to the dungeons to have his head dunked into a bathtub of old water. Just like the horrific scars on Character A's back, David's lungs are ruined. Even his magic cannot heal him and he is required to carry medication at all times.

Lord Vertox can't get the boys to stop caring for one another by forcing them to compete or by ruining their opinion of one another so he tries another tactic. He starts telling them he will turn his secret punishments on the other brother if they disobey his commands. Where Character A seeks to protect his younger brother, David pulls away completely. They have a massive falling apart and their relationship is ended. After David pulls away, Lord Vertox is able to twist Character A's ear. For decades he poisons Character A against David, which turns out quite easy given that David always runs away from his brother, has a bad temper, is an evil witch and is an unruly child who is regularly attracted to his male tutors. For years the two boys avoid contact with one another and never have a kind word to say about one another. At one stage David even gets absolutely drunk, tracks Character A down with his friends and challenges him to a duel. Even though he seems to be unable to stand his brother, he cannot keep from provoking him either. David seems determined to be a thorn in his brother's side and constantly remind his brother that he still exists.

All through this time, the two young men succeed at their prospective careers. Character A excells under his father's cruel hand and is often top of his classes. Every time he is not top of class, he is yet again punished severely. He graduates as top of his high school and is offered an academic scholarship at the most prestigious law school in the country. David, on the other hand, does not do well at his studies. He is far too passionate about witchcraft to care about his studies by the time he graduates school and he knows he cannot compete with his brother. He will never make his father's standards so he takes on his expectations instead. David apprentices himself to various witches and wizards until he has learned all he can from them. By the time Character A is ready to graduate law school, David is ready to make a name for himself in the underbelly that is the magical world.

If the twin brothers exist, they're not really interested in family dynamics and Lord Vertox isn't as interested in them. They've lived their lives with relative freedom and have pursued their own interests. We can play them and bring them into the story or keep them in the background.

Varis Aelothi Tennr Herrovindl:
Varis lived a fairly quiet life with several male lovers on the side for the first 1157 years of his life. Alas, he was betrayed by his hunting party and captured by humans. He spent the next 30 years in the service of abusive human masters and another four years with a relatively okay, if stupid, human. Ever since then he's been searching for his tribe - the Herrovindl family moon elves.

Here are a few suggestions as to who your character could be. Our story together could go a number of ways. I'll give you a couple of ideas to work with for each of his masters but you don't have to use them and it's entirely up to you how you play them. I'm not really interested in playing him before he is captured. It's boring. Your character could be the first male human master, who placed a cursed circlet on him and eventually a matching armband. These two together drain his energy, force him to obey orders, keep him within 500m and a few other things. We can discuss that later.
If you play the first master, I am really looking for some super fucked-up warlock who has a pact with an arch-demon. I probaly will only do this master over Redstar forums. Don't even ask unless you're over 18.

Your character could also be any of the other abusive masters over the next 30 years. The second master is a mayor of the same town the warlock is from. He wants Varis for information and uses the circlet and armband to force answers from Varis. They spend about a year together during the investigation and court case before the mayor sells him on to recoup the money he invested. The third is just some unknown guy at a slave warehouse so there's no need to play him.

The fourth master is a human woman from a very hot, dry country. It can be aridlands or desert. Varis does not speak the language or know where he is. He's given a fortnight to understand basic commands before he's put to work as a glorified whore. He's painted up, decorated in scarves and led around on a leash. People play with him and use him for all sorts of entertainment. The woman in particular enjoys using him, even though he's 100% gay and averse to heterosexual situations. That would mess with him.

The fifth master owns a gladiator ring. He fights and fucks his own slaves, in and out of the ring. He likes Varis for his spirit and is very attracted to him. During the long trip back to his hometown, he forces Varis to fight him regularly so he can dominate him and pound his arse into the earth. Even when they're back at the gladiator ring and Varis is training to be a gladiator, this guy often takes Varis aside for his own desires.

The next character you could play could either be before or after his sixth master (the kinder one). If it's before, Varis is going to be very volatile. He's just been through something traumatic and after 30 years of abuse and slavery, he's messed up. This master has a lot more leeway than the previous five masters. He can have any sort of personality, be any fantasy race and treat him however you like. Maybe he's cruel as well, maybe he offers comfort, maybe he's strict and demanding but generally a nice guy. This character could also be a woman but any sexual situations would be troubling for Varis and there won't be any romantic feelings from him.

The last option for you is after six years of searching for his people. His sixth master set him free after 4 years of service and he took the circlet with him to protect/destroy it. He ran and has been running ever since, pushing himself to the limits of his endurance with the reasoning that he can recover when he's home. I'm looking for someone to play another male elf to act as a lover and emotional support. Maybe they are an old friend who didn't approach him because either one of them had another lover at the time. Maybe they're a bleeding heart who cannot help but take in this damaged soul. Maybe one of them approaches the other at a dance and they start to feel for each other. Maybe in order to join the new tribe, he has to marry into it and they start to get to know one another after the marriage. I know it's not for everyone but I'm either looking for someone to nurture him and heal his broken soul or someone to use the damage against him in a psychologically abusive relationship. The last option is a bit stricter because I have a picture in my mind of what moon elf culture is like and you'd be stuck playing a moon elf. I only have about 5 short paragraphs and they're more of a flexible framework than a cage. We can build their on their culture together.

The profile below is a bit of a sample. I also have a description of the first 30 years of slavery but it's over 5000 words. You're welcome to ask for it.
fe44ff0fc6b37823af0a31b68065d238.jpg

Name: Varis Herrovindl
Race: Moon elf
Abilities: Night vision, hunting, tracking, archery, knife and hand combat
Likes: Hair pulling, playing with hair, braiding, ear pulling, singing, lyre, pipes, smoking, soft touches, soft voices, moonlit nights, fire and water
Dislikes: Heat, excessive or restrictive clothing, slavery, cruelty, needless killing

Backstory: Varis has an older sister who is a lot more dominant in personality than him. He enjoys socialising, dancing and music but tends to sit on the sidelines a lot. He acts as a scout when his large familial group are travelling, helping choose the right path through forests and towns. He doesn't decide which towns or forests to travel through, just which way to go there. When the caravan is settled, he is a hunter and tracker. He tends to avoid conflict and stands in line when others make negotiations. He'll fight if ordered to fight but it isn't his favourite thing.

Varis has been a slave for 34 years now. He'd gotten into a row with a larger, more dominant man and lost. Varis thought the fight was over but the man's friends started harassing him at every chance they got. Eventually there were fights between Varis's group of friends and the other man's comrades. One night when he was asleep during a hunting expedition, he was bound up and carried off to the edge of the forest. When he woke, he was in the hands of slavers. He was already bound so all he could do was struggle and shout for help. Nobody came. Varis was taken away and sold as a slave. His first master placed a cursed circlet on his head that prevented him from being more than 500m from his master, prevented him from doing anything that his current master forbid and compelled him to obey orders. He resisted it at every chance with damaging consequences.

Since having the circlet removed, Varis has been searching for his people. They travel from town to town, through the forests and the lower mountains. He has mostly relied on word of mouth because moon elves cast chants over their tribe to make them undetectable. He believes he has finally caught up with them. He can either wait for them in the next town they will logically visit or be found wandering the forest they're in.
This is a spoiler within a spoiler within a spoiler.

The Return of the Sorcerer's Apprentice:
Character 1 is a prince, either the crown prince or the brother of the crown princess. Character 2 is a sorcerer's apprentice. They were best friends as children and did everything together, even though they were obviously of different classes. Character 2 was the son of a servant and the price was destined to marry to secure ties with other kingdoms. As youngsters they flirted and made a game of saying they were lovers without really knowing the meaning of the word. They hadn't even kissed with tongue! People tolerated it and some even found it cute, letting them enjoy their childhood together.

The kingdom's court mage noticed something special in Character 2 and took him on as an apprentice. It could have been a keen mind, it could have been a magical accident that proved he had the power in him or it could have been that he possessed a heart of gold. We can discuss that later. Character 1 and 2 were both excited about Character 2 being taken on as an apprentice because it meant he would have an elevated station and they could work together for the good of the kingdom.

Eventually, it came time for Character 2 to complete his formal education as a sorcerer. He was sent away to the mysterious Khaatim to train for six (or more) years. He studied hard to show he was worthy of the position and of the prince but he longed to return to his lover. The Khaatim frown on distractions and do not allow their students to contact the outside world until they graduate.

Now Character 2 has graduated as a fully fledged sorcerer and has completed his journeyman, which entails two years of travelling the known world, doing good and making a name for himself. Character 2 is now ready to return home, something that fills him with many strong emotions. It's up to you how he feels if he's your character. No doubt he wonders if Character 1 still loves him or whether the prince, now a man, has found someone else. On top of that, there is also the question of whether either of them has changed too much to make it work.

Character 1 is now promised to a princess of another kingdom he has never met. He is excited for the return of the new court mage but feels it will be bittersweet because he cannot have him. Again, it is up to you how he feels if he is your character. What will their first meeting be like? Will they choose love or duty? How can they possibly be together as they were as children?

Lucius Piety Damakos:
This is a character I'd like to use rather than a clear-cut plot. Lucius comes from a D&D inspired fantasy world. In his original roleplay he was on a quest to make contact with the aasimar. He was chosen because aasimar lost a war with tieflings, which led to their enslavement. His order believes sending a lone tiefling as their first missionary will show good faith. It is honestly a stupid idea but he does what his order says. In the original roleplay, however, he took on an aasimar slave whom he would set free at the end of his quest. We don't have to go with this idea at all. He could be in any sort of quest.

4e6fee34b4b8cf713ce7fbf39a05369a.jpg

Species: Tiefling
Class: Cleric
Patron: Salvadiir (chaotic good)
Alignment: Chaotic neutral
Position: 7th son of Lord Damakos

Personality: Lucius is demanding but not particularly sadistic. Sometimes he can be nasty, bitter and cold-hearted but he doesn't go out of his way to be cruel to others. Most of his bitterness stems from the distrust people feel for tieflings, the fact he is the youngest son and he will never inherit more than a few paintings. Even other tieflings distrust one another. In general, it takes him (and tieflings in general) time to build up trust with another person. Though he can be very charismatic when he wants to be, he is introverted and needs a lot of time to himself to revitalise. He tends to push people away when he gets into one of his moods. During these times he can often be found in devout worship, meditation or studying. It is foolish to bother him when he is in one such mood. He can be snappish at best or cruel at worst.

Biography: Lucius comes from royalty and pure bloodlines on either side of his family, reaching back to Asmodeus himself, but he is no heir. As the seventh and youngest son of Lord Erakos Hero Damakos, Lucius was never destined to inherit anything. He had a governess along with his older siblings and a tutor until the age of thirteen but then he was handed over to the clergy of the chaotic good god, Salvadiir. He excelled at cantrips, healing and rituals but was not so good at lore or history. He was more practical than academic.

Unfortunately, Lucius did not always have a good time with his clergy because of his race. He was constantly having to prove himself, which became very tiresome at times. His elders felt he was not "good" enough for their patron, though he tried his hardest. He came from a "good" family but his own values were slightly skewed in their opinion. Lucius didn't understand. So long as he did good and obeyed Salvadiir's edicts, did it truly matter what he thought? Lucius learned to hide his beliefs more and his trials built his charisma until they clergy finally believed he was "good" enough to be one of them. Only then, at the age of 21, did he receive his divine tattoos. They are gold against his reddish skin and run from his biceps to his wrists.

Since finally being accepted as one of the initiated clergy, Lucius was sent on quests and errands. For the first four years he worked under a senior cleric but now he works on solo missions. Sometimes that would mean freeing slaves, outreaching in impoverished countries, gathering information or even assassinating dictators. He does whatever his faction demands of him. While he doesn't always like to obey their rules or traditions, he never does anything too obscene. He knows his limits well.

Currently, Lucius is on a mission that requires him to travel to known aasimar lands. He thinks it is foolish to send a tiefling for such a mission, given that it was the tieflings that brought the aasimar under control. His elders say that it must be him that offers the olive branch of peace exactly because he is a tiefling. Stranger still, he has not been given a partner in his quest. While he prefers to work alone, he believes he will need assistance to complete his quest.

Last edited:
More to be added later...