*crashes through the window* What's up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pahein

Original poster
Hey-o!

I'm new here on Iwaku, but I've been RPing in various forms since I was but a wee child exploring the internet for the first time. That is to say, quite a number of years!

In terms of RP, I love playing and exploring characters that defy stereotypes-- I'm the kind of person that plays bubbly vampires and pessimistic angels. (That contrarian streak in me does show up in more mundane characters, too.) I also enjoy surrealist characters-- one character of mine is a mute sentient door, and I cannot wait to find a good RP for her sometime! I mostly play OCs, whether it's set in an established universe or not, and I generally prefer OC roleplay overall.

Other hobbies of mine include art (digital illustration & sculpture, mainly) and computers (Computer science majors, whoo!).

Birds are probably the best kind of creature, imo.

I enjoy all sorts of RP, but if you play characters that are romancing mine or that are birds, there's an 80% chance you will enjoy free doodles from me. I find fluff rp, bird characters, and adventure RP scenes the most enjoyable to draw, so... now ya now!

Reactions: becna
//catches >:D

Welcome to Iwaku!

I like that you play and explore characters that don't go with their usual stereotypes :o! Really goes create some space for good and fun character development, huh? cx

Cranes are best birbs~

//catches >:D

Welcome to Iwaku!

I like that you play and explore characters that don't go with their usual stereotypes :o! Really goes create some space for good and fun character development, huh? cx

Cranes are best birbs~

Thanks! Personally I like playing with expectations and just generally trying new things-- and, on a broader level, I believe it's important to examine and refute stereotypes that deal with people irl. Roleplay is one place where representation is easy to create. But it's also just a lot of fun to explore things that haven't been done a lot.

I must personally disagree there-- I've got a cuddly little lovebird that shares her life with me here at home, and she is by far the Best Bird-- but cranes ARE pretty neat. ;)

I must personally disagree there-- I've got a cuddly little lovebird that shares her life with me here at home, and she is by far the Best Bird-- but cranes ARE pretty neat. ;)
//googles lovebirds

They look too colorful to be real > > (BIRD WATERMELON!)
27112015_72232261BirdSpc_1024pxPeachf.jpg

//googles lovebirds

They look too colorful to be real > > (BIRD WATERMELON!)
Haaaa, they can be pretty bright! My lil' birb is a Dutch Blue, so she's got a dusty rose face and a more teal-y green. Her hobbies include getting cheek scritches, standing on my shoulder, bathing in my drinks, digging into my armpits, and attacking my keyboard.

I'll admit, I didn't really expect that last one-- but then, on the other hand, she's partially potty trained and will jump off of me when she needs to relieve herself, so... with the nice quirks come annoying ones, I guess. >w> I love her very much all the same!

Reactions: Mu
Welcome!

You owe someone a new window...

But hey, have fun and enjoy the place, there's a lot to it and some of it is sure to suit you.

I'll make an intern clean up after that window, no worries there! Welcome to Iwaku!

I also enjoy surrealist characters-- one character of mine is a mute sentient door, and I cannot wait to find a good RP for her sometime!
Hoooo boy, have I got an RP for you!! OwO

It's called Omnibus Academy, and it's sort of one of those high-school-for-magical-creatures RP's, except that any player can create any race of magical beings to play as, so the emphasis of it is really on the interactions between all these crazy ideas that players can come up with. XD So if you want to RP a "sentient door", or perhaps some sort of bird-creature... this is a good place to do it! XP

Haha, welcome to Iwaku, in any case -- I just couldn't help but mention Omnibus when I heard what sorts of characters you like to play. XD

Welcome to Iwaku !

As @Kagayours pointed out, I think there will be plenty of oppurtunities to use some of your characters that haven't been able to find homes in our tabletop games. :p

Although I'm currently swamped with RPs, I'm sure there will be an opportunity for us to play some contrarian characters together !

Hello! Welcome to Iwaku. Your characters sound like great fun, I'd love to set that sentient door in action. Lovebirds are really pretty. One of the interns here has several and shows all the pictures.

I hope to see you around!

@Poe Dameron, @Hana: Thanks! ^u^

@Kagayours : That's DEFINITELY something that seems really interesting! Maybe not for the character I had in mind-- but it sounds like a blast. I'll take a longer look in a couple of minutes, after I finish up replying here.

@Sir Basil : I had a feeling that might be the case. You tend to be a busy bee when it comes to RP! I'm sure we'll catch each other at some point.

@Fancy Turtle : If you're interested, I do have a short piece of solo-rp drabble I wrote up for her! Well, mostly another character telling her a story, but it gives you a little bit of an idea about how she's supposed to work.

So far it's been a lovely welcome. ;u; It's not often I see introduction forums this active & friendly!

I once played a biscuit just rolling away to meet new friends. 8D But that's unusual for me. O_O

Welcome to the site Pahein!

Reactions: Pahein
Sentient door, meet sentient tree.

I also really like going to stretches about what people consider normal characters. Perhaps we could RP sometime?

Either way, welcome to Iwaku!

Welcome Pahein, I hope you finding your way around the site okay so far. You can always upload your art in our Showcase section! It's a pretty great section for artsy type people! I myself love pastel. If you ever have any questions feel free to PM me, you should also check our our chatrooms which is a great place to meet lots of new people and hang out! You can usually find me lurking there. Hope you find all the perfect rps!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Hey Pahein!
2cs8jns.png

I'll be honest, I practically laughed until I started having a coughing fit when I read the words "mute sentient door" - I definitely wasn't prepared for that, but thank you so much for the laugh!

Anyways, seeing as you're new to Iwaku, head on over to the "Newbie Care Package" thread to pick up a guided tour around Iwaku and a few free graphics from some of our talented artists here! I noticed you said you were an artist as well, and I look forward to seeing some of your art showcased on Iwaku (that is if you're privy to letting us see it ;P)

Also, here are some helpful starter links for ya'. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
Help Desk - HELP DESK
Interest Checking & Creation - INTEREST CHECKING & CREATION
Seeking One on One Partners - SEEKING ONE ON ONE PARTNERS
Terms & Rules - Terms of Service and Rules | IwakuRoleplay.com
BB Codes - BB Codes | IwakuRoleplay.com

♥♥​

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.