Crash Landing on Dathomir

Status
Not open for further replies.
A rumbling roar echoed through the jungle and Mistrielle laughed. "Zet is taking care of it. Probably a lone rhoa kwi. Those things have brains the size of a pebble. Easy to kill." Her train of thought immediately moved to the task at hand. "Don't even walk near those pits if you can avoid it. Jungle sarlaccs often have growths on their appendages that appear to be foliage. And once you get eaten by a sarlacc, nothing can save you and you get to die an agonizingly slow death. The screams of victims can be heard inside of the sarlacc's stomach for weeks or more. There's a special sarlacc pit near the village used for heinous crimes." Mistrielle looked down into the water for a moment, examining for get footholds. After a moment, she jumped down into the water, steeling her body against the current in order to remain still. "Can you do this?" Her eyes spotted burra fish around areas of aquatic plants. Quick as a flash of lightning, one was within her hands and tossed up onto the shore. "Kill that thing, would you?" She threw a knife out of her bag that buried itself in the dirt next to the fish.

Still anxious, he quickly grabbed the knife, so he would at least be able to put up a fight should anything attack. Turning his attention to the swimming native, he said, "I can swim, if thats what youre asking, though likely not well enough to catch fish in a river." Noticing the still flopping fish was making good headway towards the river, he quickly leapt upon it bodily. He wasn't about to give the woman any more reason to be condescending towards him if he could help it. Sitting up, fish still pinned to the ground, he slid the knife in behind the gills, and separated the spine from the head. Immediately, the fish went limp, and he asked, "So, just what kind of fish is this?"

"Burra fish. I wanted to know if you understand how to catch and kill fish. You've got the kill part, at least." She tossed a couple more onto shore. "Burra fish are actually the most common fish we have around these parts. They require a bit more preparation, with herbs and spices. Herbs can be gathered and I get spices from the village every month along with other supplies." Her eyes studied him over again. "Just being able to swim is not enough. You fall into the wrong part of the river and you're not strong enough, you'll be sucked into deep whirlpools and I'll find your body the next day washed up on shore. There are also very deep lakes around here that hold medicinal plants. Judging by your sloppy control of the energies, I'd say you don't have the ability to create a Force bubble of air or filter the water so you can breathe."

"No, that was never really part of my skill set," he admitted, "but if you need a hyperdrive rebuilt, I'm the guy to go to... Which probably means nothing to you," he finishes, a little dejected. It seemed even as a slave he had ill luck, as anywhere in the outer rim he'd be a valued slave for his technical expertise. It wouldn't necessarily grant him a more pleasant experience, but at least he wasn't facing potential death if he failed to prove useful.

"So, you should avoid water that is running, any form of deep pit, pissing off any warrior from the village, hmmm...what else?" Mistrielle looked around her. "Oh, there are some gigantic scaled birds that next up in the mountains. They sometimes hunt in the clearing areas and next to the river. They're fun as hell to ride; but, they'll kill you if you don't get up on their back. And the thick undergrowth is easy to get lost in without a map. I'll have to get you one eventually, if you survive." The last comment was pretty flippant, as if slaves died all the time.

Silent for a moment, the sounds of the jungle filled the air. Bird song and animals moving sounded through the trees, and he was suddenly much more anxious about each new noise; and even more so about those noises that ceased sharply and suddenly. "Ahh, well... that's as good a way as any to discourage any attempt at a mad-dash escape," he said, nervousness showing through the flippant phrasing. And though he felt confident in his ability to navigate, he rarely had to put such talents to work in such a primitive setting, and with so few resources. He could attempt to let the force guide him out of the jungle, but his connection and understanding of the force was poor at best. There was no telling where it would actually lead him, nor what obstacles he'd have to overcome to get there. Not to mention whatever could be waiting for him at his eventual destination. With the rapidness that the tribe had apprehended him initially, it'd be likely that they'd either have a watch on his ship, or detect him approaching long before he could take off. Muttering to himself quietly, he says ,"Well, considering where I was heading in the first place, I shouldn't complain about danger, but at least I have an idea of what the dangers are on planets in the Mid and Outer rims."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.