Crack the Case ♦ A Race Against Time

S

Sakura

Original poster
crackthecaseintro.png

It's a race against time.

You've got only one chance.

Work together.

Solve The Mystery by asking The Questions and putting The Pieces together.

Can you do it ? Or will you just be one more victim to the tale?

[DASH="RED"]
Welcome to... CRACK THE CASE ✦ A Race Against Time

A supernatural twist to an ordinary detective story.
[/DASH]

Please Proceed. But only if you're ready.

[DASH="RED"][BG="#330000"]
Game Masters: Sakura :)
Accepting New Characters: Yes!
Posting Expectations: Three times a week at least P:
Rating: PG to PG-13
Genre: Modern Fantasy --> Supernatural
Atmosphere/Mood: Serious/Horror/Suspense
Timeline: Present 2010 Time-Setting

Basic Plot: An ordinary team of detectives gets a whole new set of crimes, but this time there's a terrifying twist. With each case comes a race against time, with one of their lives hanging in the balance. Can they play by the rules of these new mysteries and solve the secrets? Or will they lose their lives just to get a clue?
[/BG][/DASH]

C O N T E N T S
I. Introduction
II. The Game
III. The Mystery
IV. The Questions
V. The Pieces
VI. The Case Files
VII. Notes

I N T R O D U C T I O N ✦

So here's the deal. 16-year-old Chryssie was the first to receive one of those creepy letters. You know, the one with the "if you don't solve this mystery, you'll die" threat. Of course, she figured it was a prank and never thought of it twice, but that was the biggest mistake she ever made. Three months later, stabbed to death on the way home from a late-night party at a friend's house, Chryssie was found on the street with a small white flower stitched to shirt. It resembled a daisy. While the local police department tried their best to find the murderer, they had practically no leads and gave up on the case within a few weeks. All was forgotten, but only for a short while...

Six months later, another letter shows up at the doorstep of Seventeen-year-old Sakura. This time, the girl's reaction is quite different. Sakura, afraid for her life, calls together a group of her friends to solve The Mystery. She follows the instructions on the post card, and before she realizes it, her and her friends have just begun the game.

It's time to Crack the Case. Can Sakura and her friends figure out the rules, ask the right questions and solve the mystery? Can they do it before it's too late?

✦C O N T E N T S✦
I. Introduction
II. The Mystery
III. The Questions
IV. The Pieces
V. The Case Files
VI. Notes

The Mystery ✦

How to Play
The game begins when someone receives a postcard.
Once the players have been decided, they are labeled as The Investigators. The player who received the postcard is The Moderator.

Role of the Moderator
The Moderator, in our case is Sakura. Because she is the one who received the postcard, she has also established an unseen contact with the supernatural being who is control of the game. Through him, Sakura is able to seek information regarding the case based on the game play.

Role of the Investigators
The Investigators must ask questions in order to gain answers about the case, but they are limited to asking "yes" or "no" questions. The Investigators must ask the Moderator these questions directly and use their responses to determine the basic idea, like who committed the crime, what the weapon, the location of the crime scene, and other specifics of The Mystery.

RULES OF CONTRACT
The supernatural being in charge of the game is in fact a demon from the Demon Realm. The only way he is able to interfere with humans is through a game and his choice of games is "Crack the Case." As the humans playing, the demon must abide by the rules of his contract and play fairly. What this means is, he will not and cannot lie or give the Investigators misleading information during game play. Outside of an investigation, however, he is free to bother them.

✦C O N T E N T S✦
I. Introduction
II. The Mystery
III. The Questions
IV. The Pieces
V. The Case Files
VI. Notes

The Questions ✦

There are TWO ways to get information about the case:

The First Way: (The IC way)
You can use your character in the story to ask the Moderator a question. Remember, it has to be a "Yes" Or "No" question. And the Moderator will give you one of the Seven Key Responses along with some information (which may or not may not be relevant to the case). Actually, since the only way for our Moderator to be able to have this information is for them to relay it to the supernatural source. This way, all answers are coming from him as well.

YES
NO
YES AND NO
IRRELEVANT
I DONT KNOW
REPHRASE YOUR QUESTION
DEFINE WHAT YOU MEAN BY...

The Second Way: (The Ooc way)
PM the GM (that would be me :D ) with your question. This can be any kind of question. As long as it is answerable, you will get the information you need or the information that can be given to you in accordance of your question. Then, you are free to use this information in your next post as you wish. (You can add a witness to the crime scene, or claim that you found some kind of evidence that wasn't mentioned before~ be creative :D )

If your question does not fall within the solution to the investigation, you will get some kind of hint or clue to lead you to the right direction :)

There's only one catch. You can only ask the GM one question directly per post. Meaning, after each question, you must post before you can ask another.

You can also "save" questions by posting and not asking any. I will keep track of the amount of questions each person has. If you have 'saved' more than one question, you can ask two or three in a row. We will call these 'reserve questions'.

✦C O N T E N T S✦
I. Introduction
II. The Mystery
III. The Questions
IV. The Pieces
V. The Case Files
VI. Notes

The Pieces ✦

The Moderator
--profile will be here soon--

The Demon in Control
--profile will be here soon--

The Investigators
- - - - -

POSTING INFORMATION
We'll be posting in a specific order. You don't have to follow the order rigidly, but just for general reference to keep the plot going. Also, it'll make it more organized in regards to asking questions and creating scenarios of finding clues and such. Since you're going to be super-creative using the information to solve the mystery, you'll need some kind of structure. Once we start the IC, I'll add the posting order here. Just follow it loosely, feel free to post before you're supposed to if you need to respond to someone or add to the situation :D

PROFILE SKELETON
Just the basics, please :) We can get to know your character through their investigation. The only thing I need is that your character needs to know Sakura or know another character. That way, it will make sense if they came to work together.

[noparse]
Character Name: Last, First "Nickname, if any"
Job: Occupation, I guess, if any
Role: As in, what kind of investigator? The one who goes to the site gathers clues, or the one who looks up information or the one who likes to interview people. Just in general, preferred role.
Current Goal/Purpose: Why are they helping out in the game?
General Personality: You don't need to put too much x/
General History: There's no need, really, but if you want to, you can add this little bit to tell us a little about your character :)
[/noparse]

✦C O N T E N T S✦
I. Introduction
II. The Mystery
III. The Questions
IV. The Pieces
V. The Case Files
VI. Notes

The Case Files ✦

Here I'll post the current case information as it proceeds in IC :)
So check here if you're stuck and need info to get thinking :D

✦C O N T E N T S✦
I. Introduction
II. The Mystery
III. The Questions
IV. The Pieces
V. The Case Files
VI. Notes

Notes ✦

I always wanted to do a roleplay about solving mysteries with a twist like this one,
but maybe I got a little carried away with the rules and such xD

In any case, it's not as complicated as it seems :D and if you even skimmed all the way to here, I'm sure you'll do fine :)

Plus, the first round/ first case will be easy because we'll be figuring out how to work with the weird system I created :D So if you're interested, give it a try :D

✦C O N T E N T S✦
I. Introduction
II. The Mystery
III. The Questions
IV. The Pieces
V. The Case Files
VI. Notes

I dig the idea