Cowboys & Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lilith grasped Sam's hand, using his weight to pull herself onto the large steed behind him. The encounter in the saloon had muted her thoughts, it brought back bad memories when the Coyote Coons came back into town. She had been fiddling with the hem of her skirt when Sam's deep voice cleared away the fog. "Of course. Just go east down the main road and at the end there is a shack," her cheeks in flame, embarrassed by the fact that she lived in such a sad sounding home, "a rocking chair is outside the door on the stoop. That's where I live."​

Sam began to ride slowly down the street with Lilith behind him. He sat quietly, and wanted to do something to make her feel better. He glanced around the lonely town wile they rode, waiting for Lilith to break the silence. Sam imagined what this town must have gone through. It was clear all the buildings where nowhere near their original potential. Even since he had seen the town months earlier he could see the affect the gang had taken on these people.​

Lilith cleared her throat, a ramble beginning to stir within her, "You can set up your tent in my backyard and I will bring you food once dinner is made. I have lots of quilts and feather pillows too if you need them?" She looked at him quizzically and then glanced around at the town buildings. Her fingers gently squeezing his dark duster before she continued, "I made sweet cornbread yesterday. I'd love to bring you some with fresh strawberries for dessert as well. Just as a thank you."​

Sam felt her hand firmly grab his side, and he glanced back on the road. He hadn't eaten anything that day and the alcohol sat empty on his stomach, causing a small stir. He said nothing of it though and replied, "I believe I owe you the thank you ma'am" as they rode up upon the shack with the rocking chair on the porch.​

Last edited by a moderator:
"No need for thanks. Just come on in and relax, Ma and Pa are still working for the day." Once the horse came to a stop, Lilith slid off the side of the horse and strode into her small home expecting him to follow close behind. As soon as she walked in she began to clean up the mess that littered the walkways to each tiny room. The kitchen was to the left and a tiny dining slash sitting room occupied the rest of the space. There was only one close-door room and that was her parent's, a small red couch upon the wall opposite the kitchen area was where she slept.​

As Lilith walked inside, Sam stopped and paused on the porch just before taking a step I'n the building, "I'll go set up in the back, and I give you my thanks for this." Lilith turned back from in the door way and stopped from picking up.​

"You could thank me by eating something," she calls out to him, but doesn't go on. Lilith was silently nodding at his statement until she really answered: "Go on back."​

Sam nodded his head and grabbed his bag and tent from off his horse. He had never taken the time to name his horse. He had thought of it, but decided it was not necessary nor could he think of a particular name to fit this life long partner. He had raised him from only a colt, and had always tried hard not to make a deep connection. He accepted the fact that any day his horse could be shot or grow I'll in his travels. Samael really looked at most things like this. He had been so into his business that I'n the end he had never really let anyone else in. Samael didn't have any home, or any attachments, he was a killer and on the move always. Recently he had began to think more and more about his life, about who he had become. Since he traveled to the west his only friend was himself and only connections where his contractors and the few that sold him supplies and weapons. He had little else, all the strength of a life time of work, money to settle down but no one to share any of it with.

He walked around the corner behind the house and scanned the small area behind Liliths home. It was much like the rest of the desert a small area with a couple stacks of wood, tool crates and a dusty feeding trough. It seemed they at one point had other animals. He saw another nicer feeding trough most likely for their horses. A back door lead into the house from the back and was closed with a dusty screen covering it.

Sam picked a small area big enough for his tent and set up, and with an area to the side for a fire. He reminded himself to ask a little later if he could borrow some logs to make one. Sam began to unroll his tent material and the lightweight metal told that held it up. The tent when built was really more of a cover, like an awning that he could sleep under, it did not completely surround him. It had one wall and what seemed to look like half a roof jut to make him a little shelter for every night. He pulled his small pan out of his pack along with the large hand knitted Indian quilt he slept on.

Samael's quilt had multiple colored very interesting blocky patterns to it. Almost a Aztec looking tie dye. He was given the quilt 2 years before after helping a small tribe of native Americans living in the mountain region to take care of a brown man Carlas Salazar that had been fighting them of their lands. The job only took a couple days in. A few to find Salazar, who at the time ran an illegal mining operation I'n the mountains, and a few more to take care of him. This job was also one of the few jobs Sam had ever had to skin a victim, due to the Native Americans wishes.

Sam laid out his quilt and set his other things aside inside the tent once set up, and he walked back out front grabbing his horse to walk her back to his set up. He tied his steed up to the side of the home by his camp, and for the first time all day sat down and took his hat off. He wiped the sweat from his forehead and his black hair. And breathed out deeply. Sitting under his awning atop his dusty quilt.​

Lilith had finished tidying up her little home quite awhile ago and made her way to the back screen door. She should've been weary about this mysterious man, Sam Walker, but for some odd reason she was content with his presence and even enjoyed the company he gave. He was a true gentleman, though Lilith could only ponder over the dark things he's done. She had never killed another, but always prepared for that outcome ever since the Coons came sniffing around again. Her grandma had told her all sorts of stories of those bandits and the havoc they wrecked upon Armadillo and she meet mentioned the fact that they could return.

Lilith wondered why they had returned.

A few minutes later -- 11:10 a.m.

The blonde exited the house with glasses of water in hand. She allowed Sam to relax under his little awning, but she had plenty to say about it. The piece of junk looked horrendous and she was sure that if it rained for some reason, he would be drenched. "Here ya go," she said sweetly, handing him his glass and glancing at his handiwork, "did you need anything else?"​

Sam sat under his tent, it was a full tent but during the warmer nights like these he rolled up one of its walls to make the awning he now used. He looked up at Lilith standing over him and grabbed his glass. She stood tall, with long legs and nicely done hair. She was a very attractive girl to look at, and seemed to put a lot of interest into him. Samael recalled the occurrences of the day and began to think hard about the money she gave up for this place, she really did care but at the same time didn't seem to belong here.

"No thank you ma'am this is fine, and i'll be out by morning" Sam muttered softly. Although Sam knew Lilith by now, he still called her ma'am as he would a stranger to be as polite as possible. He never wanted to make a ruckus, especially not to this kind lady. He put his hat back on and stood, " May I borrow some logs later tonight for a small fire? I'll make sure I have it all cleaned up." Sam glanced at the wooden crate by where Lilith stood and wondered if she might sit down and have something to say about the incident that had happened moments ago. He didn't know what he might say. He was never the best in casual conversation with unfamiliar people but could hold one when needed.​

"If you need anything just holler, sir," she winked at Sam, taking a seat on an old wooden crate that had blown into her yard. As she sat he stood and a furrowing of her brows indicate confusion, she was hoping he would sit and relax with her. That jet black hair beneath the hat should breathe a bit as well, Lilith never liked the look of hats so much. She took a long sip of her water, evaluating his tall form before responding, "Of course... Use whatever you need an don't worry about cleaning. That's my second job around these parts."
She giggled to herself and sipped her glass a bit more. There was a question just stirring on the tip of her tongue, but she was unsure if he would sit and answer it for her. Honestly, she didn't want to get too attached to this good-looking man, but then again what more was there to do in Armadillo. "Have you encountered the Coons before? Have you been here before? In Armadillo that is," she looked up at him with a hard expression and a small curious twitch in her nose.​

Lilith acted as he thought she might, pressing with soo many questions. He realized he did seem mysterious in such a small town. He looked up at the sun and determined it was a little before noon. Sam reached over his back and pulled off his customized elephant rifle from his back, the glare from its scope glistened as he set it down up against his tent.

Short%20MalcolmM94Mount500.jpg

Samael then pulled the loaded handgun from his waist and set it on his bag before he replied now more openly, "Yes I have been here a couple years back, back in the day. I just stopped for a night or two and was off again. The Coon have been giving everyone some trouble since, you cant really get away from them." Sam looked up at Lilith listen and calmly sat back down. He realized that this had been the first real conversation he had given her. He breathed out and gave in.​

"No, I guess you really can't," she replied, a sad tone to her voice as she looked into her empty glass. The Coons were devious and there recent interest in the town again had made everyone equally edgy as well as glum. The last generation thought it was over for good and for their children to go through it again was simply heartbreaking. Lilith's parents were a prime example. "Why did you just decide to return?" She wasn't suspicious, but simply curious about why Sam decided to return. Maybe he was looking for a girl or he was on some huge adventure! Lilith sighed, her imagination running amuck today. She kept her eyes on the dirt and awaited an answer and maybe more. She wanted to know what it was like outside of Armadillo.​

Samael looked up at Lilith and saw how she felt. He knew the kind of things the Coons could bring to such a small town, and today was only a minor example. Sam breathed out and replied "I am here looking for business remember?" Once again he found himself on the topic of who he really was and knew this time he would be questioned even further. He began to feel a little more open to Lilith, for she appealed to him in an unknown way. Maybe it was all the kindness she offered or her curiosity, he wasn't sure. Sam adjusted his hat as he asked, "How long have you lived here ma'am," hoping to make Lilith feel more comfortable in the conversation, and not make himself seem to stuck up.​

Lilith nodded a bit too fast, pulling one leg beneath her bottom and looking up at the clouds. "Yes, I remember, but there are thousands of different types of businesses," she glanced at him with a smirk from the corner of her eye before returning to the clouds. She swore she saw a jackrabbit hidden in the white fluff. "I was born right in my parent's room as well--" Lilith cut off, cleared her throat a bit and continued in a soft tone, "As well as my dog who should be around here somewhere. She's sweet." Sam was nice and seemed sweet deep down, but even so, Lilith didn't feel like relaying her entire life story. Today was so full of potential, she didn't want to ruin it with tragedy. She kept quiet, hoping he would ask more questions... It made her feel better.​

Sam thought he heard a dog scuffling around the corner. He looked around taking the whole scene, and look through the screen and saw into the house. He thought about what she said and wondered where she received education, and why she stayed here for so long. Sam hoped not to start problems when Lilith's parents arrived. This made him recall his own child hood and his own family. He sensed the pain in her soft voice, and felt for her, even if he may not want to... he felt for her. "What's her name?" he asked in a simple, low voice as he covered his eyes from the blaring sun.​

"Marge," she answered with a smile, thinking about when her father believe she was really a he. They called him Buster for an entire year. "She's a town Collie and everyone lives her. She is spoiled and sweet, sometimes I see her play with children after a Coon group arrives." Lilith rested her elbow on her leg and sat her chin upon her hand just as a white, gold, red, and black spotted Collie rounded around the shack. Marge blinked her black beady eyes and Lilith waved, but Marge seemed to have other business to attend to. She peeked her ears and turned, trotting back onto the main road.​

Marge seemed to be a very sweet dog indeed. Samael smiled the first grin he had all day under his hat. He had always wanted a dog, but never had the chance to bring one into his life. He ripped his grin away, peering up to see if Lilith had noticed. "No no, I have things to do." He thought to himself, when all of a sudden his cautious self took over and he realized he had to go. The day was still early. He jumped up after only being still for minutes. He graves his rifle and slung it over his shoulder putting his hand gun away aswell. He grabed a small satchel attached to his big main leather supply bag and slung it over his shoulder as well. "I'm sorry I just need to go..." he said hurriedly in a quiet voice. And he closed up his things and began to walk towered his horse leaving his tent and belongings still at his camp, only brings a few things showing that he would be returning. The day was still very young and he had something he knew he needed to do after today. He didn't know how Lilith felt but he admired this pretty kind girl. He knew that she and the town she cared for was going through a lot.

As Marge continued out of sight, Lilith glanced at the sky again and then back at Sam with even more curiously as a grin covered his face. She held in her own tiny smile and acted as if she was engrossed with the dirt beneath her heels. Suddenly, Sam was on his feet and gathering his weapons with a sense of urgency... Lilith looked act him, her posture straightening out in worry as he spoke. "Go? Alright... Will you be back?" she called after his figure, noticing he had left some of his belonging as well as his dusty tent. Her tone was practically desperate, but she tried her best to keep a hard-edge face, "When do you eat dinner? I can make chili? Don't be gone for too long... Please." Lilith mentally slapped herself for sounding so motherly. "There are coyotes!" she called loudly, wishing he wouldn't go in general. He didn't speak much, but when he did Lilith felt less lonely... Even if they had only known one another for a few hours. "I will get you blankets while you are gone!" Shhhh... Just be quiet now. She thought to herself.​

Sam didn't know what to say or what to answer as he began to walk away. Hearing the desperate tone in the words she said made his heart beat. She sounded as if she really needed his company. She didn't know who he was or what she was in for, she couldn't really need his company he wasn't the kind of guy to be missed.

Sam tried desperately to think of words that could comfort her but only let out "I'll be safe" in a deep voice. He wondered what she was thinking to herself. He took it all out of his mind and climbed ontop of his horse under the bright sky, and with one kick was off into the eastern desert away from the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.