Cowboys & Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lilith watched him finish off his drink and pay politely. She waved at Earl and tugged on Sam's sleeve, "Come on then." Holding up her skirts, the blonde walked through the swinging Saloon doors and out into the hot Desert air. A horse, tied up on the post outside, caught her eyes and she immediately turned to Sam, "Is that yours?" She looked back at it and smiled at its beauty. It was also very large and calm looking.​

Last edited by a moderator:
"Yes... it is, I've raised her for years." He walked out the door and stopped to look at Lilith "We aren't heading far are we? Do you want a ride?" He knew what the answer was and immediately began to hop onto his tall horse before Lilith even had time to respond. He knew the church wasn't far but decided taking a ride wouldn't be bad. Samael didn't want her to get too comfortable with him, and he told himself "I've got to buy my ammunition and find a place and get going". He hadn't ever had many people give him more than a glance and a few words in his past, and it was better that way.

The air was warm and humid, and his long black duster rolled down the back of his horse as he climbed on. He then looked up at Lilith standing about to respond with a clear set answer already in her head. He knew Lilith was definitely one to put her nose into others adventures, which really only showed she wanted to find an adventure herself. He wondered why it was him she was soo interested in, and if maybe she had a story behind her as well, or if she had been affected like the rest of the town by the Coons. Lilith certainly looked well kept like maybe she wasn't from around here.

Lilith slowly walked up to the horse and extended her hand in the least menacing way possible. She gently patted the horse's thick neck, rubbing her fur very softly. "A ride? The church is only a few buildings away," she glanced up at Sam has he threw his leg over the horse and climbed up. The young woman glanced down the dusty road, watching the few residents travel to their destination with a sullen look upon their faces. A horse ride would actually be quite nice at this time of day. Pulling up her skirts to a more comfortable position, Lilith grabbed hold of the saddle and pulled herself up onto it behind Sam, keeping her legs to the side of the horse.

"I'm guessing you know where the Church is then? If not its directly across the cattle ranch, west," she patted his shoulder and pointed towards the direction of the Church. Since when did she hop on random horses with random men? Lilith couldn't answer that at this point even if she tried. "At least he's cute..." Lilith thought, inspecting the side of Sam's face with a newfound curiosity. What in fact was she doing? Why did this man intrigue her so?​

As she hopped onto the horse, Samael instantly realized she would need to wrap her arms around him. He payed no attention to this and let the thought go and said "Yeah, right across the way." He began to ride and kept to himself, his mind focused on the job at hand. He needed more hand gun rounds, specially made volcanic rounds. He let the horse ride along and felt Lilith's arms around his waist. He kept still as a rock, scared to flinch the slightest bit and disrupt the moment. He felt her glare upon him as they began to ride. He kept a serious face and said nothing but thought deeper about where he may stay that night, perhaps set up his tent outside the city limits or rent a room.​

Lilith was not a shy person when it came to the physical touch. She instantly wrapped one arm around Sam's waist and glanced around at the passing buildings. It would only take a few minutes to get to the Church and once there Lilith planned to simply ask the Pastor for his stash of bullets. Her eyes drifted over to the pistol and rifle that resided on the male, she could only guess that the Pastor would have special type of ammunition hidden about in his little storage room. Lilith was quiet the entire ride and when they stopped in front of the small white Church she patted Sam's side and hopped off, kicking up dirt into her knickers. It had been months since she visited this Church. She frowned slightly and then shook her head. "If you just tell the Pastor what types of ammo you need he should be able to help. That man, I'm not sure where he gets it or why, since he's a savior of The Lord and all, but he's got ana arsenal beneath his bed," she chuckled, looking up at Sam before turning to climb the steps into the Church.​

They approached the church the sun high in the sky. They stepped into the empty church, glancing around no one in the room but a single person head down sitting in one of the chairs. Samael figured the man was there sorting out himself under the eyes of god. He had never been religious himself more a man of reason and material. He had always been to busy to consist his life of such things. He turned to look towards Lilith awaiting her to take them to the pastors quarters. Being new in town he had no intention of wondering where he didn't belong for no reason.​

Lilith turned and gestured for Sam to follow her into the back of the Church. They walked behind the alter and through a tall archway where a hallway continued onward. If you walked down all the way and to the left you would find yourself in the Pastor's quarters. "Father?" Lilith called, knocking upon the dark mahogany door until it flew open and a slouching old man stood there instead. His hair was receding and he couldn't be taller than five foot one; he smiled like a child and took Lilith's hand in his before speaking. "Here to deliver my brandy, young one?" She shook her head and stepped into the quarters, pulling Sam along with her, "Not today Father. I actually brought someone who is in need of your assistance... Sam?"

The Pastor looked over at Sam, waiting for him to speak about whatever he needed. His eyes were bright and mischievous.​

"I'm looking for rounds for a 1885 volcanic pistol is there anything you can do father?" Samael said to the short preacher. "Follow me right in here mister umm?" "Walker" said Samael in response. "Follow me Mr. Walker."

Minutes later -- 10:25 A.M.

Samael walked out of the double doors with a satchel full of ammunition followed by Lilith close behind. The day was still young, and the heat had just begun. He began to fixate his new ammunition into the pack on his horse as Lilith stood behind. The pack was a rough leather worn from years of use, stuffed with some supplies and a tent hanging on the back.

Sam then climbed up on his horse and offered his hand out to Lilith to help her up without thinking.​

Lilith followed close behind Sam once they were finished with the little shopping spree. "Walker huh?" She grasped his hand and hopped up behind him, glaring down at his worn out leather satchel with the tent attached to it. She was curious to what he was going to do with that. There was no safe zone for him to set it up and regardless to that, it got cold out here at night. She clamped her mouth shut though, for now, and simply told him, "Are you going to be on your way then? Did you need anything else?" Curious eyes peaked over his shoulder, Lilith was stalling of course.​

"Im going to be setting up here for the night so I can make extra time in the road tomorrow, would there happen be a safe camping spot around?"

"Truthfully, no there are no safe spots for you at all. There are real coyotes that come in from the North and a few drunkards around town enjoy stealing stuff," Lilith tapped her chin in a thoughtful manner.

"What would you to recommend I do then miss, I don't have the kind of money for a room tonight" Sam said seriously as the horse began to walk across the town center. "Would you like me to drop you off ma'am?"

Lilith shook her head, "My end of the house is free. It's the safest place you can be unless you are afraid of my mother choking you with creamed corn." She laughed and then realized it wasn't that funny that she still lived with her parents. At least she had her own area of the house to herself. "Go East down the road and we will hit the shack community."

"No thank you miss, just an area out back to set my tent would be just fine.Would that be alright?" Just as he began to finish a loud shot rang across the sky and pulled both their attention. To the right a grouple of low life's ran in, obviously looking to bother the locals or collet their dues. The 4 riders carried hand guns on their hip. And rode further into the town toward the saloon. Samael begin to speed his horse a bit after and gave a side glance to Lilith waiting for what she had to say about the new low life's, if anything at all.

"My back--," Lilith was interrupted by the sharp pops of bullets flying into the skies. She looked over, her mouth widening slightly at the four riders who hollered and shot off more rounds as they headed towards the Saloon. "Oh no... That's not good..." She tapped Sam's shoulder blade and pointed to the Saloon, "Go. Go before they wreck the place..."

"Got it!" Sam kicked his spurs and sped the horse across the street now more seriously than he had looked all day. His facial expression changed and his arm went down toward his side. Sam steadily stopped and jumped off the horse Lilith right behind him. They both sped into the saloon pursuing the bandits with their horses left just outside.

Lilith stomped her way into the Saloon, bypassing several frozen residents and making her way towards the general area where all four bandits stood. They were talking to Earl rather loudly and clanking glass cups down upon the wood bar. "You've got ten seconds to give us what you owe or we'll tear the place a new one," the large bandit claimed, a sneer lacing his words.

"Or we could just steal the ladies here," another chuckled, grasping Betty around the waist and pulling her into him roughly. She squirmed and hit him, but that only seemed to make him laugh harder. Earl raised his hands and shook his head, oblivious to the danger he as in. "I don't got your money. I don't have any money!"

That simple statement seemed to quiet the four hoodlums and then the large leader clicked his tongue and began walking around to get behind the bar. His stance was threatening and the way he strode towards Earl was like a predator stalking it's prey. Lilith couldn't just let this go on. "The good old Mayor said you where racking up the coins here... Don't lie to me. Just hand it over and none of these innocent people have to be harmed." Lilith ground her teeth and looked back towards Sam as if urging him to do something.​

Sam stopped and knew he was in it now. He planned instantly in his head, thinking of everything he could do to fix the problems soon to become of the escalating situation. He didn't need to help these people, it wasn't his business and he should walk away. He knew in his head he should. He glanced back at Lilith as she turned back towards the scene. The bar had grown dead quiet besides the loud laughing and threats of the Coons by the counter. As Lilith grew more uneasy and looked to ready to intervene, Sam quickly out his hand out across her stopping her from making a move. The bandits where still pressing on the owner of the saloon. Sam waited to watch the scene progress.​

Lilith gaped at Sam has he put his arm in front of her, like a barrier, "How could he just stand there?" She groaned and crossed her arms, which seemed to attract the attention of the third bandit who had moved back from the main scene to the side of the Saloon. Lilith could see him move from the corner of her eye and she instinctively took a step behind Sam. The bandit only gave her a smirk and returned to his stance against the wall.

"Ten... Nine... Eight," it was the leader's voice ringing out through the Saloon, he was counting down until the sack of coins were placed in his hand. His eyes were shut and his fingers wiggled towards Earl as he continued counting, "Six... Five... Four." Lilith had had enough at this point. She pulled up her skirt entirely until a medium sized leather pouch could be seen strapped around her thigh. "This is ridiculous..." she hissed, untying the pouch and jingling it's contents. The noise seemed to pull the leader's smile a bit more.

"Twoooooo..." he sang, about a foot closer to Earl now. Lilith walked quietly around Sam until she was in easy reach of the bandit's palm where she took her entire month's pay and dropped it. The Saloon went silent as she returned behind Sam and the bandit slowly opened his eyes. He grasped the pouch, "Thanks partner." He whistled lowly to call his herd back and began walking out of the Saloon, but not before the leader winked at Lilith and proceeded out onto his horse.

Everyone held their breath until the click clacking of horse hooves echoed out of town and the hollering of the Coyote Coons recon team was no longer heard. Nobody spoke, but eventually everyone went back to their usual places as if nothing had really happened. That was Armadillo for you... Something bad happens and nobody will say a word about it. Lilith tugged on Sam's sleeve, "Let's go. You can set up your tent in my backyard."​

Sam stood still for a moment after the scene had taken place. He had his hand rested on his leather bag of money at his waist. He knew this wasn't his business, but at the same time knew he wasn't going to let the bandits do anything to the nice people in the bar. It wasn't his place to pay the bandits, and it killed him to know that in the end, he would have. Sam got silent, turned and walked out the door, Lilith followed behind. Sam climbed onto his horse, and stopped for a moment, the hot sun glaring down atop the brim of his brown hat. He turned after a pause and looked down at Lilith below. "May I stay in your back yard for the night ma'am?" And extended his arm once more to help her on the black horse.​

Status
Not open for further replies.