Country Girl x City Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrien smiled and began eating as well. "Yes si— James," he replied. "It's just a force of habit. This food is delicious by the way," Adrien said politely.

He chuckled. "Thank Kieara, she's the one who put the soup on early this morning." He spoke. Kieara blushed a bit and smiled as she ate. There was no mother that joined them at the table.

"In any case, I should thank you both for the hospitality you've shown me," Adrien said, smiling at both of them. He looked around for a split second. "Pardon my asking," he began, "But... Your wife...?"

The man wore a wedding ring, so it was very odd when his wife never joined them. Kieara sighed looking down softly. She reached up absent-mindedly and touched the locket around her neck. She then stood and gave a smile. "Please excuse me." She then headed outside. James sighed. "Don't think anything of it, she's not angry or upset with you." He spoke and patted his shoulder. "Her mother died not long ago. It's been hard on us both." He explained to him.

Adrien's face turned a harsh colour of red. "Oh Lord, I'm so sorry!" he cried out, looking down. "I didn't mean to bring up such a terrible subject." Adrien wrung his hands nervously, looking around awkwardly. "Should I go apologize to her?"

"That's up to you." By now the sun was setting over the farm. "It's fine I can understand your curiosity for asking." He spoke to him. "I look forward to seeing you around again." He spoke having a feeling he'd be leaving after this.

He sat there for a moment, wondering what exactly he should say. 'Hey, sorry for bringing up the matter of your dead mom, we cool?'

Adrien shook his head. He deserved to be slapped for thinking of saying that.

Finally, he stood up and went to find Kieara. When he found her, he shuffled his feet nervously. "Uh... Ehm... I'm really sorry," he said, rubbing his neck nervously.

Kieara had been out at the barn again. She was actually petting the goat that had terrified him earlier. She jumped a little not having expected to hear him. She turned and offered her award winning smile again. "Nothing to apologize for." She spoke with a shrug. The little goat tilted it's head curiously at him beginning to grow used to him.

"I really need to apologize," he argued, turning red. "I shouldn't have asked, it didn't concern me. I'm just here to fix a roof!" He hadn't entirely noticed the goat as he walked in, now he didn't exactly care. "I should go," he said, turning away, "I'll be back tomorrow with my boss to see if your roof needs replacement."

Kieara turned fully and took his wrist in her hand to stop him. "Adrien, don't go...." She spoke quietly. "Don't feel that way." She offered another smile. "You didn't know, it's not your fault. Beisdes.....my mama is in a better place." She spoke to him with an absent-minded glance at the now dark sky studded with stars. "There's no reason to feel bad." She said looking back at him.

Adrien didn't look at her. He was a nervous wreck at that moment, and thankful that the darkness was covering his deeply red face. "Are you sure? If someone had done that to me, I wouldn't want to see them for a while."

Kieara smiled. "I'm sure. You're fine." She spoke. Daisy 'baa'ed at him again wiggling her tail. "so clam down ok?" Kieara spoke to him not liking having her new friend all worked up.

Adrien glanced at the goat, getting slightly more nervous. His shoulder visibly relaxed though and he smiled at Kieara. "Well, alright," he said.

She looked between him and Daisy. "She wont hurt you." She spoke. "Here." She handed him a small carrot to feed her.

He inched closer to the goat, trying to hold the carrot out as far as possible.

As the goat took it and nibbled on it, Adrien sighed with relief and smiled. "It's not so bad," he admitted.

Kieara smiled. "See? She's a sweetie." she spoke to him as she petted the goat's head. The goat wiggled its tail and nibbled the carrot.

Adrien laughed. "No kidding, I don't know why I was scared of her," he replied. He lifted his arm to check his watch, "Oh geez. It's really late, maybe I should get going."

Kieara frowned. "Oh i'm sorry....If you wish, we have a guest room, you could spend the night." she offered. "It's such a long way back to town..." she spoke to him. "Besides, if you stay there will be a good breakfast." She smiled.

"The promise of a good breakfast is enough to make me stay," he joked, laughing a little. "Actually, I probably should stay. I honestly have no sense of direction and it is pretty dark." Adrien rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'll be sure to tell my boss to give you a discount!"

She laughed. "It's no inconvienience. We enjoy the company." She spoke to him. She took his hand and led him back to the house. She took him inside and spoke. "Your room is right across from mine."

Status
Not open for further replies.