Council of Wyrms

Chyta was torn. She wanted to stay and find out was to happen. She didn't think the man suspected anything, but it wouldn't be long, surely. He was not so vulnerably to her magic as the others in the castle. They needed time ti find information. She knew that Jin-Tir, assuming he had gotten the message, would not act too rashly. In fact, he probably was far more interested in information than helping the dragons.

The servant girl idling nearby, waiting for Chyta to respond prevented her from mentioning the new development to Razeth. To his polite query, she responded, "yes sir, it is a fine day. It appears we are blessed that the 7 sons of Dakhel." To the outside observer, it may appear that she had made a reverence to a foreign god. Razeth may be more inclined to act too quickly, but it was only fair to try to warn him, assuming, of course, that he understood the cryptic message. She bowed her head and to Razeth said, "now I must beg your pardon, I am wanted to help prepare your evening meal," before hobbling off after the servant.

Jin-Tir began healing the Lord Theron, making expert work of his magic, simply reaching out andd waiting for plants to deliver exactly what he needed, in the order he needed. After he was done, he sat down and took a breather. Healing wounds of that extent really took a lot out of a guy. "Feel better?" he asked, completely ignoring the man's social status.

Calandra helped Darren sit up. He cautiously tested his shoulder. "Indeed, I thank you." Calandra took out her handkerchief and begin wiping away blood from his now-healed wounds. She looked up at Jin-Tir with gratitude and everlasting devotion.
"So, Callie… What exactly--"
"Oh! Darren, let me introduce you to Odran, an amazing conjuror, and Jin-Tir, the renowned druid." She motioned to them in turn. "And this is Lord Theron, my dear brother. Well, one of my dear brothers, but he's the dearest!" Darren smiled and patted her affectionately on the head. "That still doesn't explain that." He motioned at the large tapestry now adorning their wall. Calandra grinned. "Jin-Tir's an artist, too!" Darren chuckled, leaning back to get a better look at it. "Y'know, I think I like it… Would you hand me a cookie, my precious?"

~*~
The servant girl practically laughed. "Oh, you don't need to make dinner; Cheffie does that! He's already started preparing the pig. This time it was Wilma-- No, wait, it might have been Reem; he was getting pretty big... Well, anyways, you get to stay right next door to your masters so you don't have to run around all night."

She led Chyta through the Grand Hall to the Master Staircase, which led to the personal quarters of the royal family. "Isn't it nice? I'll bet you've never seen anything so nice in all your life! Unless you have. Just up here, now! Twenty seven steps and you're there! Well, not there there, but…" She started up the stairs, smiling and waving at the various guards stationed about. "That's Hlarl; he's nice. He gives me daisies sometimes. And that's Jyen; I dare you to ask him about parasols." She giggled mischievously. "Turn right here, count three doors on the left, and here you are!" She threw open the door to what looked like a broom closet fitted with a bed. "Might not be Valhalla, but I'd sleep here any day. Well, night. And naptime." Slightly winded, the girl finally took a breath to pay attention to Chyta.

Jin-Tir bowed his head bashfully when she called him an artist. "Well, I dabble here and there, It gets boring in the woods sometimes, so I learned to make art out of it. I'm glad you like it."

Odran offers yet another bow, "I'd love to show you more of my magic while I'm here. Perhaps one of you would be so kind as to show me around the castle? The architecture and people here are so different compared to what I'm used to. Well, I spend most of my time alone in my library anyway, performing my duties. I don't get to go out much." He offers a chuckle, "It seems as soon as I leave my library, Jin-Tir here had to come in here and rescue me. I fear I've no mind for nature, or just awful luck in it's borders."

"Civilization, though! I can handle people quite well, I think." He nods, sweeping his arm around to gesture out the door. "I have so many questions..."

Darren took a hearty bite out of a shortbread, thinking. He looked at Calandra's smiling face and, deeming the visitors harmless enough (for now), nodded his consent. Ecstatic, she took Odran by the hand and led him towards the door.
"So, what do you want to see first?"
She glanced back at Jin-Tir and breathed in the ice rose, waiting to see if he wanted to join them.

The druid looked at them as they were leaving. "May I join? I do not leave the forest often, and if I am to learn of your new ailments, I may as well survey living conditions as well, find the source of the sicknesses. Heal some folk while I'm at it."

Calandra smiled and held out her non-held hand to him. Abruptly realizing, she paused a moment, trying to decide what to do with the rose that currently occupied it.
"Just leave it there, Callie. I'll take it up for you." Standing easily, Darren motioned to a side-table with an ornate stiletto blade on display. "If you need me, I have some administrating to do." He sauntered towards a connecting doorway, through which could be seen a beautiful mahogany desk with the documents brought by Branwen in a tidy pile awaiting his attention.
Before disappearing, he turned and addressed them. "Call that new guard to my study for me. Much obliged."

"Actually, this might sounds strange, but..." Orbak considers it for a bit, "I noticed that there are a lot of people in the village down there growing these massive amounts of the same sort of plant." He snaps his fingers a few times, "Erm... Farms! Farms, that's it!" He grins, "I'd like to see them. You see, I spend so much time alone that I've become a little out-of-touch."

He blushes a little, embarrassed, "The term 'ivory tower' is often applied to magic users and it's true. We spend so much time among each other that we end up having no idea how the world actually works. So please... pretend like I know nothing. It'll really help." He continues, "Also, tell me about your family! Surely someone of high rank, class, and beauty as yourself has an amazing family history!"

Jin-Tir nods as he walks over to the two. "I could agree with the Court Mage. I spend so much time in the Barangard Woods tending the land I forget what the 'civilized' world is like." He looks at the dragon under the guise of a man, smiling. "It may be time to re-learn about the rest of the world."