Council of Wyrms

"And The Council seems so intent on being present at this little meeting." Nirroth said sarcastically, watching Drakel preen. She turned her head around to look at her back and frowned. She shifted closer to her brother, bumping him and giving him a look.

The male rolled his eyes and started preening his sister, taking off all the algae that coated her back. "A pleasure, Drakel the Pure. Drakel Ice Scale. Maybe you can enlighten us as to what this all means. I'm not as...intimately aware of human breeding patterns as you are, Drakel the Studious."

Nirroth snorted and coughed to hide a laugh. She reached up to preen her head. the presence of the other male did remind her that breeding was a possibility and with there being so few dragons rallying to the call, maybe a clutch of eggs would be a good idea.

Boy, am I glad they can't smell me. Jin-Tir, an Elvish Druid from the nearby forest had been watching the entire meeting unfold. He had heard about the tablet from a few birds and immediately became interested. He was hiding behind a few rocks, using his magic to hide his scent. He was sure it was starting to wear off though. He would soon be sensed by the increasing number of dragons and from his experience, dragons can be... unpredictable, to put it lightly. Until that time, he continued to watch, fully intrigued by the creatures, and the human that was not terrified of them.

Dawn, late fall, Royal Estate
The loud horn coming from the rooftops echoed through Calandra's ears. Darren was home! She began to hurriedly – but sophisticatedly – walk through the empty halls of the castle towards the front lawn. This time of year, it would be nearly deserted, except the few guards stationed around.
As she exited the Grand Hall, she was hit by a piercing wind that went right through her. She debated on waiting inside for 'Lord Theron', but as soon as she saw him riding in on his majestic stallion, she was racing across the yard into the first snowfall of the year.

"Darren!"

"Callie!"

Darren dismounted from his horse and handed the reins of his Clydesdale off to a stable hand. A few moments later, he was hit in the chest by a big mound of fur; a muffled squeal could be heard from within. He searched through the layers upon layers of clothing until he found a beaming face looking back at him.

"Darren!"

The man laughed and held her close.

"Darren, did you catch anything?"

"Some minor game, but nothing truly fantastic."
Servants from the kitchens started unloading deer and pheasants from the horses while the siblings ambled back towards the warmth of the Grand Hall.

Drakel seemed unphased by the titles he was being given. He knew the Black Drake was just trying to get under his skin like an infectious worm. He snorted out a blast of cold air and reclined a bit. "There are a few possibilities that have been spoken of... one, is that this Seventh Son, will call forth a group of five warriors and break some seal that holds in an ancient foe of ours. Another, is that five Wyrms will break the seal of the castle, ending this Son's reign and stopping him from beginning a hunt for us."

Orbak looks around for a bit. "I'd hazard a guess it's the second... but the first does give me some hope." The youngest dragon brightens a bit, before looking around. He then begins to smile. "I have an idea!" He turns, taking flight towards his ruin. "I'll be right back!" Thankfully, this was nearby: a place in the caldera for the Caretaker to rest in, guarding the area as best he could. Really, the ancient stones were as close to a hoard as the dragon ever had, and he was known to be unusually protective of them. She shuffles through the lean-to he made to keep his books safe from the elements, before emerging with his prize.

He returned as quickly as he could, unfolding the parchment upon a black stone. A human-sized map. He places the palm of one of his paw upon the parchment, allowing his innate sorcerous magic to enter it. The ink bled out, expanding the map onto the rock below it. Orbak proceeded to hop his front legs up onto the much larger map, tracing things out with a claw. "Here we go. This is a map made of the caldera and it's surrounding areas. It's out of date, but..." He prods at a place north-east of their location. "Sometimes humans come into the caldera from this direction. It's not likely, but there might be a den of them nearby."

Orbak smiles proudly at the older members, "Perhaps we can get the information we need from the humans." In truth, this was just an excuse to see how humans acted in reality. There seemed to be a completely different aspect to humans everywhere, beyond even his storybooks. He finds it difficult to reign in his excitement, even suggesting: "We could polymorph ourselves into humans so as not to arose suspicion. Walk in, take the information we want and then act accordingly."

Chyta huffed another cloud of smoke. The little white dragon should learn some manners. She didn't fancy being left out of the greetings. It was poor manners for a dragon not to greet the eldest first, and down right rude to ignore them. Dragons of the icy peaks could be so oblivious to social protocol. "Well, tell me Drakel," Chyta, snapped, "how many dragons have you seen lately?"

And then, the wind shifted. The stench from the swamp dragons melted away and she caught the briefest hint of druid. She thought she imagined it, but, yes, there it was again. She was sure. As her eyesight faded, her sense of smell had only improved. "Orbak, you love of humans is bizarre and beyond my understanding, but you may be right. How lucky it is that a druid is in our midst. They are masters of concealment magic, after all"

Well I'll be a Necromancer's left little toe, she smelled me. Realizing that since he was noticed and there was no point in trying to hide any longer, he emerged from his hiding place and introduced himself, bowing respectively to the dragons. "My apologies for the intrusion, but I heard about this 'prophetic tablet' and had to find out was the fuss was. I am Jin-Tir, an Elvish Druid from the Barangard Woods, to the south of here." He stands tall, not showing any fear of the creatures, even though a pit was forming in his gut. "And yes, we are. We are also masters of Woodland Magic and excellent Healers. As I have intruded on an obviously private matter and was caught, I owe you. How may I be of assistance?"

Orbak immediately walks over to the druid. He inspects the elvish man for a bit, sniffing at him. He turns and offers a thankful look to Chyta: her nose was what revealed him. Orbak's had been far too stuffed up with what was coming off the two swamp dragons earlier. He returns to face the elvish man for a bit. His green heritage at once urged him to attempt to dominate the druid as an interloper. However, for the sake of diplomacy, he held that aspect of his personality back.

"Well..." Orbak began. "It's not like we can fly to the human den and then transform. We'd draw attention. So..." He pauses, mostly for dramatic effect. "We need you to guide us there after we've all turned into humans. That is, if the elder dragons think it's a good idea." The grey-green whips around, stepping away from the druid and sitting next to him, for all the mass the young drake had, in respect to what the Wyrms had to say.

Being a druid, of course they knew he would know the land better than anyone. He had eyes above, on, and below it. "If the Elders agree with your plan, I will take you to the castle." He knew better than to argue with a dragon, especially one he owed something. "We will have to take a slight detour through my woods, though, as I have a few items you'll need to gain entry. If you're going to pass off as Human Royalty, you will have to look the part."

Nirroth looked over at the druid, tilting her head. "Well, of all the...of all the..." She sighed. "We really don't have a choice, do we? Is the druid confident in his ability to transform such magnificence into such a small frame, though? Can he really change us into humans? And for how long? How long will I have to walk on two tiny little legs?"

Firroth tossed his head, then turned it to look over at the druid as well. "Indeed. I would also like to know this." He glanced around at everyone else. "But, I do think it is a good plan. A solid plan. Any plan coming from dragons is a good plan. A wise plan." He nodded his large head. He turned to Chyta. "If the Chyta the Beautiful Elder also thinks it is a wise plan, we shall go along with it. Won't we, Nirroth Sister-Scale?"

"Chyta is very hard to say no to, Elder or not." She said with a sage nod. "We will go with this plan if Chyta believes it is so wise."

Drakel looked over to Chyta and huffed. "Few, Elder..." He said, taking a step back and glancing over at the Druid, sizing him up. It had been a while since he had fresh, warm, meat. He pushed those thoughts aside and lifted a claw, making a few arcane gestures in the air before shifting down to the form of a tall, thin, blond haired human male. "I'm sure all of us could do with some clothes..." He commented, scratching at his neck, where a scar was visible now that his scales were not covering his skin.

The elf looks almost offended at the dragons for questioning his powers. "Can I? It is not a matter of can, it is a matter of will. Will I do it? Only if your elder says to. It is her I owe for the intrusion. As for how long, until she commands me to break the enchantment. If I have no way of breaking it, for any reason, like death, you will be stuck that way." He looks at Nirroth, the most objectionable to the plan. "Best make sure I don't die."

Chyta nodded "very well. We don't have much choice, but I should have you know, Jin-Tir, that my magic allows me to anticipate, and even alter the movements of my enemies and allies. Of course I would never use it to harm a friend but steer us dragons wrong and you'll have a problem that even you can't hide from."

Ignoring the preemptive shape shift, Chyta went for a more subtle jab, "Is this an accurate representation of a human without their cothes? Why, isn't that just the funniest thing?"

Jin-Tir was slightly annoyed. "Yes, yes, human genitalia are on the outside of their bodies. Ha-ha. And don't worry, I'm a druid. The only reason I'd intentionally harm an animal was if it attacked me." He gave them all a menacing warning glance. "Word of advice: Don't attack me." He pulled some spare clothing from his bag and gave it to them. "Put this on, at least until we can get you changed into the proper outfit. Follow me, then!" he began to walk toward his homeland, to the south.

"We're hardly animals, aren't we?" The young dragon's head tilted, accustomed already to walking on two legs: he had done so often in his spare time. Mostly to reach things he couldn't as a full dragon, or to slip through places. His human form was young, and it instinctively changed towards the body he thought of as 'his' as a human. A young man, with a ragged head of brown hair and a sharp cast to his features. His eyes remained an emerald green color. Sleek, fast, and dextrous by appearance.

"Also, I hope you don't mind, I have something of my own..." It took a short walk to get the set of somewhat dirty robes. He looked a proper 'apprentice wizard', scruffy hair and idealistic youth that he was. He turns over his shoulder for a while, remembering the human city is northeast... though he said he wanted to go to his own area first to get supplies to help them look like nobles. He smiles in a giddy fashion. Nobles are treated very nicely!

"Wizard's apprentice, eh? What kind of wizard? I still have my apprentice uniform, if you want too look like a druid's apprentice. It might make much more sense, but the choice is yours." He looked at the young dragon in a humans body, and then to the rest of them. "As for the rest of you, take these. Human weapons, called swords. You will be disguised as weary travelers being led through the forest by a druid. When we come out, the story will be that I led the travelers to where they wanted to go, and came across a lost group of noblemen." He hands them all a sword. "I'm sorry, Drakel, but until I can get you into some Mages robes, you will have to not use magic. Clothing is considered a show of social ranking in the human world, and those that wield magic must wear robes similar to Orbaks'. It's the only way people will not freak out, accuse you of being a Witch, which is looked down upon, whereas Wizards are highly respected, and kill you." He turns to the forest, a soft wind blowing in his face, a call home. "All set?"

Vanessa yawns from boredom. "So? Does anyone have any questions on the human race?"

The elf turned sharply. "I do! Why are humans so terrified of nature, and what the hell is a scone​? Is it like a buiscut or something?"

Vanessa wrinkles her nose. "Terrified of nature? Some are afraid of the animal because they hurt and attack us. They don't know they're just scared of us."

"Hm. Why do they destroy the forests, then? The only thing that has stopped them from hauling off my trees is protective enchantment and some old legends of a creature that kills anyone that tries to harm the forest."