1. Between midnight and 3am tonight (central time) there will be an upgrade performed to the server's storage system.  This will result in approximately 30 minutes of downtime.  In the future this will allow for hardware upgrades/migrations without any downtime.  No site data will be lost, but please keep local copies of any posts you are actively working on around that time.

Could someone please help with accordion tabs?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Lewi, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanting to use them to sort things for a group rp into different categories, have no idea how to use them. Could someone help please? I'd like to know about the three types. Accordion, tabs, and sliders. That way I would know what I need to use for different sections. Thanks!

2. BB Codes

That link should help if you haven't already taken a look at it. If you still need more specific help, I'll probably be around for a bit and can help you out.

3. First you have the standard tabs, which help to separate, in a sense, pages of content.
    • Some content inside the first tab.
    • The second tab's content!

[tabs]
    [tab=Tab 1]Some content inside the first tab.[/tab]
    [tab=Tab 2]The second tab's content![/tab]
    [/tabs]
    (For the record, you normally want to keep bbCode on one line, since [unlike HTML] a new line in the text editor means a new line on the post.)

Then you have accordions, which are sort of the vertical counterpart.

A
    B
    C
    [accordion]
    {slide=A}1{/slide}
    {slide=B}2{/slide}
    {slide=C}3{/slide}
    [/accordion]

{slide} is not a true bbCode, just a thing that makes multi-page bbCodes easier to figure out for those who don't have a computer science background. It's actually pretty neat, and works for the [accordion], [slider] (I'll get back to this), and [stabs] bbCodes as separators for each page. For consistency, they should probably be used for [tabs], too, but that's an issue for @Diana to consider.

But [slider] is an actual bbCode, and it creates a slideshow!
    Speaking of which, @Diana, I think the animation is delaying the current slide variable change from occurring, so if somebody clicks too fast, it acts glitchy. I'll write up a proper bug report in a minute. ^.^;

« »
    A
    B
    C
    [slider]
    {slide=A}1{/slide}
    {slide=B}2{/slide}
    {slide=C}3{/slide}
    [/slider]

I hope this helps, @Lewi. :3

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status: