Could someone please help with accordion tabs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lewi

Original poster
Wanting to use them to sort things for a group rp into different categories, have no idea how to use them. Could someone help please? I'd like to know about the three types. Accordion, tabs, and sliders. That way I would know what I need to use for different sections. Thanks!

BB Codes

That link should help if you haven't already taken a look at it. If you still need more specific help, I'll probably be around for a bit and can help you out.

First you have the standard tabs, which help to separate, in a sense, pages of content.
  • Some content inside the first tab.
  • The second tab's content!

[tabs]
[tab=Tab 1]Some content inside the first tab.[/tab]
[tab=Tab 2]The second tab's content![/tab]
[/tabs]
(For the record, you normally want to keep bbCode on one line, since [unlike HTML] a new line in the text editor means a new line on the post.)

Then you have accordions, which are sort of the vertical counterpart.

A
B
C
[accordion]
{slide=A}1{/slide}
{slide=B}2{/slide}
{slide=C}3{/slide}
[/accordion]

{slide} is not a true bbCode, just a thing that makes multi-page bbCodes easier to figure out for those who don't have a computer science background. It's actually pretty neat, and works for the [accordion], [slider] (I'll get back to this), and [stabs] bbCodes as separators for each page. For consistency, they should probably be used for [tabs], too, but that's an issue for @Diana to consider.

But [slider] is an actual bbCode, and it creates a slideshow!
Speaking of which, @Diana, I think the animation is delaying the current slide variable change from occurring, so if somebody clicks too fast, it acts glitchy. I'll write up a proper bug report in a minute. ^.^;

A
B
C
[slider]
{slide=A}1{/slide}
{slide=B}2{/slide}
{slide=C}3{/slide}
[/slider]

I hope this helps, @Lewi. :3

Reactions: Lewi
Status
Not open for further replies.