1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Slice-of-Life, Gothic, Horror, Fantasy
costume show

Here lies a place to talk about our costume plans for Halloween and where we can show off pictures of said costumes when they come to fruition! You can also use this to ask for advice on where to get materials or anything else costume-related.

Personally, I'm considering dressing up as Jonathan Sims from The Magnus Archives. I went as a femme version of him last year, but it was super last minute so I didn't put much effort into the costume. This time I'm considering actually getting some SFX makeup to make his scars. Any recommendations for brands or tutorials on how to do so?

Additionally, check out these other October-related threads:

Community Discussions:
Do You Believe in Ghosts?
Pumpkin Carving
Do You Like Horror?
What Halloween Candy goes in your cauldron?
Your Spooky Media Favourites!
Inktober on Iwaku

Site Events:
Everybody Dies at the End ChaRP - October 6th, 2pm to 5pm Central
Create a Sim to Murder with Owlmom! - October 8th, Noon to 2pm Central
Terrifying Tuesday Tea at Two with Owlmom - Every Tuesday at 2pm Central
Bloodletters ChaRP - October 13th, 2pm to 5pm Central
Create a Sim to Murder PART II with Owlmom! - October 15th, Noon to 2pm Central
Deadly at Delmoth ChaRP - October 20th, 2pm to 5pm Central
Building a Murder House with Owlmom! - October 22nd, Noon to 2pm Central
The Demon Ball ChaRP - October 23rd, 2pm to 8pm Central
Fangs for Being Here ChaRP - October 27th, 2pm to 5pm Central
Iwaku Horror Contest - Submission Due Date: October 28th, Live Read: October 30th
Frightening Fundraiser Live Party - October 29th @ Noon
Month of Monsters Art Contest - Submission Due Date: October 31st

We don't celebrate Halloween here, but we do have a bunch of costume shops here for carnival and they have the most interesting costumes. Otherwise I'm not much of costume dresser. The one time I did I kept it simple with a dress I already owned, but has a Sherlocky feel to it for a Murder Mystery event together with @DayDreamer.

oooh, I didn't know this existed
I'm doing multiple costumes! For my church's Trunk or Treat I'm helping with, I'm being the Cheshire Cat (my friend will be Alice and my other friend the Mad Hatter), for halloween I'm doing a Toy Bonnie costume, and for various other events I'm revisiting some older ones like Bonnie, Golden Freddy, and Freddy!

I've always been fond of dressing up (not just for Halloween). We used to throw bitchin' Halloween parties and I still mourn getting cheated out of my costume contest win because I was "vaguely" a host despite having done nothing to do with hosting that year. I was host by association, which is a shame because I won by a landslide (in that category). Didn't do anything for 2020 or 2021.

This year I am dressing up as Steve Harrington from Stranger Things. It's low effort which is nice because I don't actually know if I'm doing anything or not. The hardest part is resisting the urge to cut and dye my hair. I already got stuff that works but I'm keeping an eye out for anything slightly better.

Sounds like fun! I'm going to try something different :)

I'm lame probably won't dress up as much since I don't have anywhere to go. If I do I'm going for a classic Harry Potter like wizard outfit 😂

Buttttt I may not dress up but you bet your butt my pets are dressing up.

Pip currently I'm tied between him being a prince or willy Wonka from the original

Misa I want to find a way to make her look like Eeyore since she looks sad all the time

My cat Luna is just gonna be a roommate who doesn't pay rent since she's that everyday anyways

I'm going to be Eddie Munson from Stranger Things, but as a vampire (partly because I love the whole vampire Eddie thing and partly because it lets me mess around with his costume a bit; as a metalhead, it feels a little weird for me to copy someone else's battle vest). I've got vampire-themed versions of his clothes (all stuff I will wear past Halloween, which is a rule of mine for costumes) and a set of costume teeth and I'm gonna have fun with fake blood. The biggest part of putting the costume together has been making a battle vest but it's cool because it's something I wanted to do anyway.

(Battle vests/battle jackets, for peeps who don't know, are the cutoff vests with patches that you see people in the metal and punk scenes wearing. It's sort of a big deal for it to be personal to you, with the bands you like, and that you either made it yourself or a friend/parent/partner made it for you. There are a bunch of other "rules" that depend on the scene and who you ask but the majority of those are gatekeeper-y so fuck 'em.)

I'm going as a banana. I alternate every year between my maid outfit and my fullbody banana costume :D

HI IT'S ME JOYCE BYERS FROM STRANGER THINGS

WIN_20221031_12_08_41_Pro.jpg

Ahhh!! You look great!

My wig didn't arrive in time and this wax stuff is absolutely horrible to work with, so my costume isn't ideal. But have me posing in Olive Garden as Jonathan Sims while eating with @adumham. We were the only people there in costume, lmao.

8AA2D889-8AAB-402F-A19C-D019362C84C7.jpeg
C730B42C-0446-45EC-866D-732E3E1716D7.jpeg
E0543BA7-4D03-4BCC-8ACC-78A21E31DBF1.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: wisteria
You guys look amazing.

• Thank You
Reactions: wren.
Jenna's reminds me of the Motion City Soundtrack guy. Justin Courtney Pierre, always looks like some stressed out scientist. An endearing look for someone who was a punk artist.

Funny.png

Excuse poor visual quality. Had to screen cap a youtube music video from like 2003-04 somewhere around there.

• Haha
Reactions: wren.
Jenna's reminds me of the Motion City Soundtrack guy. Justin Courtney Pierre, always looks like some stressed out scientist. An endearing look for someone who was a punk artist.

View attachment 234407

Excuse poor visual quality. Had to screen cap a youtube music video from like 2003-04 somewhere around there.

Stressed out, traumatized academic is exactly the intended vibe lol