Corrupted Innocence (RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, dear, come here, sit down! Let me look at you... Oh! Oh, you poor dear, let's get you cleaned up, and then we'll find something nice for you to wear, alright? Okay, right through here… Here we are! There's towels in the basket, the pump needs a kick every so often, and you just throw your dress over there. If you need anything, just holler!"

The nun left her alone then; the sudden silence felt almost foreign. Maleika took a moment to breathe and reflect, feeling this would be her last chance to rest in quite a while. She walked across the cold stone slabs, the quiet rattle of the iron plumbing both reassuring and distressing, to the wooden tub place conspicuously in the middle of the room. A rusty pump burst forth from the floor and draped over the rim, a long handle seeming to be the method of liquid delivery. She didn't much like metal or anything destructive, but if it was being used for peaceful means, like washing nuns and the underprivileged, it was endurable.

She ceremoniously kicked off the filthy garment and began pumping, hitting it gently with the heel of her foot when it wouldn't cooperate. She had taken a class on Modern Earth Technology and felt almost sinfully happy when she put it to practical use. Though it was warming up outside, the water that came pouring out was from deep underground and could be just barely tolerable if she clenched her fists and repeatedly said the word 'cold' over and over again. A bar of soap had been thoughtfully provided on the rim of the tub; it felt sacred to remove the layer of filth that had accumulated and see the pale skin hiding beneath. Maleika dunked her head under and came up sputtering but laughing. This would be one to tell her friends about!

~*~

"Nonono!"

Matthew had held it together during the whole green glowy thing, and even when he took on his injury through some magic voodoo, but when Dante went towards his escape route, something snapped. A high-pitched squeal interrupted her as Matthew was suddenly replaced by a small, furry little thing with a long ringed tail, all covered in dark red fur. It chittered nervously on the floor for a moment, half-buried under a pile of Matthew's suddenly unused clothes, and then leaped past Ariez onto the windowsill and out the window into the slightly wet but sunny day outside.

Matthew the Mongoose ran through the tall grass, not even bothering to plan where he was going, until he smelled the sweet, sweet scent of freshly surfaced earthworm. Continually hungry in all shapes, he stopped his mad dash for a little snack, savoring every bite like it was his last. Nibbling on the last bits, he crouched further into the lawn to stay out of sight. He wasn't that far from the house, barely a few meters, but in this form he felt miles away from danger.

Areiz was caught by surprise by Matthew's sudden change and escape. Then she realized Dante had left too, but she could still feel both of their emotions. Her own guilt ran over. She had not done what she had meant to, and that was help both of them. She sat down and leaned against the patched up window again, and yet again, it broke, leaving her staring at the clearish sky. "Stupid planks." She muttered, sitting up and starting to patch it up again. All she had to do was pick the wood back up and nail it back in. When she finished, she stood up and went out the door, looking around for a moment to see if she could see anyone. "Another two gone..what is wrong with the world?" She mumbled as she picked up a metal object off the ground. It was the knife she'd dropped last night at some point, but she'd only just remembered it. She looked around again, hoping Dante would return and start apologizing again and Matthew would come out and tell him stop, but she knew it was pointless.

Dante had stopped not to far outside the house, trying to calm down. I really need to stop running away. It makes me seem like a very weak per- thing. He thought. I probably made Ariez angry and Matthew looked like he was about to die from the scared look on his face. I need to apologize to the both of them. I need to stop running away from the truth. I need to tell them that I can't stay, but... I don't know if I should tell them everything. Matthew already thinks I'm a crazy lunatic that needs serious mental help, and Ariez seems like she doesn't need to deal with me. What do I do? I can't just leave like this. I need to let them know I'm sorry. He had been resting on a wall close to him and stood straight and began making his way back to the house, unknowingly walking through the grass that Matthew was currently hiding in.

Areiz sat down in the doorway, the shadow covering half of her face. She twirled the knife in her hand, the blade skimming her fingers easily. She released a long sigh as the wind picked up a little. She pulled her hood up to cover her hair and watched the now-cloudless sky.

Dante walked a little farther when he noticed a small animal hiding in the grass. It's so... CUTE!!! He thought. He knelt down and held a hand out to the small animal. "C'mere, little guy." He said quietly and calmly, as to not scare it off. He had no idea that this was Matthew because his back was turned when he changed. "I'm not gonna hurt you." He said. It looks so adorable!! He thought. He was totally fangirling about this adorable little animal.

"Nom, nom, nom…" Matthew slurped up the last few segments like a piece of spaghetti, finally satisfied… for now. His nose quivered, testing the air for more worms, but instead caught a strong whiff of human upwind. Rising up on his hind legs like his meerkat relatives, he scanned the horizon above the tall grass and found…

"SCREE!"

Matthew sprinted away from the large shape, a feeble memory prodding the corner of his mind. He hopped wildly, swerving about, then suddenly came to rest under a patch of low-lying shrubbery. Maybe he'd confused the giant and made a clean escape! As he waited to see what the monster would do, the prodding became more insistent – but the will to survive kept his mind focused on the task at hand.

Dante couldn't help but smile as it hopped around and fled. He moved slowly after it. He stopped at a reasonable distance away. "Hey, hey. I'm not gonna hurt you." He said quietly. He felt movement by his hand that was resting on the ground. He looked and noticed a worm escaping from the confines of the the soft, wet soil beneath him. He plucked it out of the ground and held it out to the tiny animal in front of him. Is it here because it is hungry? Is this its food? He thought. He held out the worm, making sure not to move to quickly. "Are you hungry?" He asked, knowing he wouldn't recieve a verbal answer, but maybe the animal would be able to tell that he didn't mean any harm.

Areiz stood up and started across the street. She figured she could restock on a few things from the abandoned store while she reviewed Dante's story in her head. When she entered the store, it took her eyes a moment to adjust to the darkness, then she started looking around, even though most of the store was burned or beat to pieces.

Matthew's nose wiggled. The worm smelled delicious! He slowly inched forward, backtracking every few steps, until he was within snatching distance. The aroma was intoxicating.
He leaned forward, keeping his eyes locked on Dante's. But the monster's face – the dark, piercing eyes, the well-toned jawline… Remembrance flickered across his face.
"Scree?" He walked a little closer and sniffed his outstretched hand. Yep, there was that familiar Dante smell. "Reek-reek?"

Dante smiled and handed the small animal the worm and gave it a little scratch under its chin. "That's right. I'm not gonna hurt you." He said calmly. This was his first encounter with an animal on Earth, and he hoped he was doing something right. I wish I could understand this little guy. That way I could properly speak with it. He scoffed in his head. What am I talking about? There's no way to communicate with animals.

Liza was deep with in the walls of her home she had been called for a meeting about this so called abomination "What Demon in there right mind would screw an Angel that's just wrong on so many levels" she said to her self as she walked around her home getting ready for yet another mission she was sure she was going to be sent out on, "Why me I have just got back from the stinking human world, they just so easy to tease and torment" she said with a evil glint to her eyes.

As Liza walked out of her door she was greeted by yet another messenger who hand in his hand a small note looking the lower ranking demon in the eyes she grinned "Did you read this?" she asked and saw the demon flinch back away from her "Oh dear I'am I worrying you little-one? because if I'am then that is a good thing now be gone before I find you to boring to waist my time with you" Liza said with a flick of her hand. Once she was sure the demon had gone she looked at the note, with a roll of her eyes she walked back into her home "Bloody typical, no damn meeting just go and find out about this......this thing" she said aloud as she walked up to the locked room in her home.

Once she was there she unlocked the door and walked in Liza could use fire to do anything she wished even take her around the world and that was what she was planing on doing to get to the last place the Hybrid had been spotted. with out another thought or care she walked in to the middle of the room, if any normal person could see her now they would of thought her crazy as the flames rose up her body just as if they where a lovers arms Liza didn't want to be to close to her target she wished to study him before she made any move so she told the flames just to make sure she was in the same area. With that she vanished from the room and with in a few moments she was standing in the human world looking just like one of them.

"Oh great" she said as she looked down at herself she still looked like her but with more clothing and less wings. upon looking around she noticed she was in an alleyway well I had better get out of here and have a look around she thought as she walked to the entrance of the alleyway. "Ahha a cafe that will do for now" she said as she walked over the road and went inside. "Good evening handsome a cuppa coffee as big as you can do to stay in please" she said as she took a chair near the window.

"Yes, Ma'am." The worker said as he went to the back of the room. He returned a minute later with an almost tankard sized cup of steaming hot coffee and placed it in front of her. "This big enough?" He asked with a smirk and went back to his work.

Liza raised an eyebrow as the guy came over to her table with the biggest mug of coffee ever, as he turned his back she smiled "Well I must say this is the biggest cuppa I have ever had, thanks" she said. She watched the guy as he went back to his work yum she thought as she watched him from behind, no you have more important things to be thinking of was all she thought as she sat there and turned to look out of the window in to the town she would have to get to know very well, and to think the hybrid is somewhere out there now. she thought with a grin as she lifted the mug to her mouth.

David was always walking around topless and all the humans never saw his wings the problem was the animals did and always stopped him. One such creature was a pigeon

"Not you again, you following me aren't ya" David said with a cheeky grin

The pigeon chirped and shook its head

David chuckled "I know you are Cecile, you found him yet"

Cecile chirped and looked down

"Hey don't worry keep looking" David started to stroke her head

Higher pitched chirping came from Cecile

"Ok ok I'll get you something" David looked around and saw a café across the road "How's a bagel sound to ya"

You could tell Cecile was pleased

"Good I'm going over, wait here". With a few more strokes David left Cecile and went over to the café. His mind was still thinking where the hybrid was, he needed to end this war. So many animals are getting harmed in this stupid war and the only way to stop this is to find this Hybrid. He's at the location where he was last spotted but even Cecile can't find anything. Maybe after he's fed Cecile he'll go and pray at the church and see if he can guide me.

As he enters the Café he looks through the glass to see what's for sale, he has a little cash on him so he could pay for a bagel. "Excuse me one Bagel to go please". David asked the guy behind the counter

"Comming right up." The man said as he left to the back. He returned a minute later with a nice hot bagel. "Is this nice enough?" He asked as he placed it in front of David.

Liza was enjoying the view of the waiter as well as the coffee she had in front of her, well maybe just maybe my time here will be better then last she thought to herself as she heard the door opening behind her. Without turning she knew who it was or more to the case what it was Ah crap bloody Angles have to come in and ruin everything don't they she thought while she tried her best for the heavenly asshole not to notice her.

As he walked past she smirked idiot you can't be a warrior or you would of felt my presence as soon as you opened the door, relaxing some what she kept her head down knowing that some Angels could only tell a demon by looking in their eyes. As Liza heard him asking for a bagel she smirked has heaven really become this pathetic over the years she thought while she waited for the Angel scum to leave.

While she sat there she couldn't help but wonder if the Angel knew where the hybrid was and if so there was no way she was going to let him get his hands on it that abomination was hers. Maybe I will follow just to see what he does she thought as she finished her coffee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Areiz left with a handful of odds-and-ends plus some non-perishable food. She set the supplies down and stepped back outside. She looked down the street to the left, nothing but a long road that stretching out until the next town, which had not burned to smoldering ashes. She shrugged and turned around, noticing Dante. How odd..what's he looking at? She thought, but she shook her head and returned to her home, figuring he'd wanted some time alone. She went into the back and pulled out a dusty sword and began cleaning it, figuring she could have something to do than sit and think.

David nodded to the man with a smile and took the bagel "Thanks". With that he went back out the cafe and over to Cecile who was across the road on the wall "Here you go" and placed the Bagel on the wall not before breaking a small amount for himself.

Cecile chirped loudly before she started munching on the bagel

"Really, I thought as much"

More chirping came from Cecile.

"Don't fret Ok eat up and see me later, I'm of to the Church next Ok". With that he stroked the pigeon and started to walk towards the church while Cecile was happy enough munching on the bagel.

The church was only a mile or so down the road and he took the small bit bagel he had and ate it. He enjoyed the bite but of course he didn't to eat to survive but liked to taste things. When he reached the church he stood there near the front door and looked up at the place and smiled he thought *Hey boss need a word*. He stood there for a moment before he decided to go inside. While he was standing there a couple of blackbirds landed on his shoulder chirping away.

Victoria walked into the cafe', opening the door and making the bell jingle. She strode past the mortals bent over their cups of coffee, and sat down at a table. The waiter came up to her table and stopped, staring for a while. Victoria smiled and said, "Bring me a nice cup of coffe, will you, dear?" The waiter gulped and nodded, then dissapeared behind the double doors that led into the kitchen. Victoria surveyed the room with a look of distaste, then spotted the female across from her. Another demon, she thought, taking the cup of coffee the waiter gave to her. More competition, rather.

Just as Liza was going to get up to follow the damn Angel another body walked in the door this time she knew exactly what it was Demon not another one she thought with an eye roll oh well looks like I'm staying here for a bit she thought as she looked in to her coffee mug damn it why did I drink it so bloody quick but with out another thought she looked up as the Demon sat down.

Looking her straight in the eyes Liza smirked and raised her mug at the other woman well that's one thing at least she is female I wont or shouldn't have to deal with any major mistake like I would of done if it was a male she thought as she looked outside and saw the Angel walking off oh I will have my fun with you don't worry she thought as she sat there. Looking up she ordered another coffee and smiled at the guy behind the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.