Corrupted Innocence (RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Uh... Um..." Dante said. began. "I, uh... got... attacked.". It wasn't a complete lie, but he wasn't necessarily telling the truth. "By... a... bear." He said. He knew how the uncertainty in his voice was clear, but it couldn't hurt to try... right?

Areiz watched his eyes for a moment, feeling strangely odd, she felt like he was hiding something. "Okay.. If you say so." She said, shrugging off the feeling.

"A bear?"
Matthew's eyes opened wide. Surely there weren't any bears around here? He definitely seemed nervous telling them about it.
"I haven't heard anything... Have you warned anyone? I know, with all the chaos nearby, a little bear shouldn't be that surprising, but the constables need to know this kind of thing! I mean, what if the farmers get attacked? Or the nuns? How would God feel knowing you could've saved them?"
He normally wasn't preachy, but it was a valid point – knowing you could save everyone, why wouldn't you?

Areiz looked at Matthew. "Maybe it's one that got..I don't know, sent here by whatever is causing the stupid fires." She said, sitting down.

Matthew turned his wide-eyed gaze to Ariez. "Whoever started the fires? You mean some pyromaniac also carted in a bear, just to wreak havoc on our little slice of the earth? What kind of loonies do you know?"
He looked between the two, almost indignant. "What kind of nutty people are you? I mean, really!"

Areiz shrugged. "Whoever it is seems to really want to cause people to hurt, so I just thought they might want to do that." she said, sitting on a bench that had been pushed against the wall. "And I'm not nutty." She said to Matthew. "I'm just being logical, because bears aren't usually here."

"Just because bears aren't here doesn't mean that's the best explanation! I mean—hey, are those corn muffins?" Matthew reached over Dante's head and grabbed one of his tins, stabbing it ferociously with a pair of bulky medical scissors. "And who says the fires were started by anyone? It could be faulty electrical wiring; you know that stuff's dangerous. The first time I plugged my television in, it tried to bite me!" He began gnawing at the tin, trying to reach the goodies within. "And like you have room to talk… You live in a shed; you're nutty."

Areiz rolled her eyes. "It's not a shed, it's the remains of my house, and it's better than running outside looking for places to hide and getting hurt. So far only 3 people know I actually live here. You, Dante, and that girl we met earlier..but I don't think she's too trustworthy." She pulled out a knife. "I can open that for you."

Dante had visibly flinched when Matthew had mentioned God. He hung his head and looked at his hand. "Please. If God knew I was here, I wouldn't be alive." He said quietly. "An abomination. That is what I am to God and the Devil. An abomination of any race. Not to live anywhere. Never to be accepted by anyone. Always to be exiled and never given a second thought about. The mixture of bloods in me should have caused my death at birth, but no. I had to survive and put all of the humans in danger of dying. Wherever I go. All of the other humans weren't like you two. They weren't hospitable, except for that one family I healed. They let me stay, but I had to keep leaving. If I stay for to long, I'll get found and I will be killed, and so will everyone around me. You two are the kindest humans I have met, and that makes me need to leave quicker. I hate it when everyone around me gets hurt, especially nice humans like you two." He put his head in his hands. "An abomination. The only term they know me by. A freak of nature. I know what I really am. How I really act. But they don't. They couldn't care less." Dante then stopped talking. He didn't talk much to anyone. That was the most he had ever said at one time.

Areiz was surprised by Dante's reaction, and she stood up, walking over to kneel beside him. "Hey now. You are no abomination." She said softly. Her gaze softened as she barely brushed his arm with his hand, her head pounding with waves of his upsetness. "I might not know exactly what you're talking about, but I do know that you are no freak, and absolutely no abomination. I might be human, but I would rather give my life than let someone suffer. It's the attitude in my blood, and it's the way I was brought up." She said.

Dante tried to force a small smile. "I wish the Angels and Demons were like you two. So kind and caring. Angels are normally kind, but not to something they find as an abomination. Not to a Hybrid. A freak. Something that was never believed to exist. You two helped a random stranger, and for that, I can't thank you enough. I'm really very sorry if I caused either of you trouble." He said quietly.

Areiz shook her head. "It was no problem at all. It really helps..brighten the day, helping someone." She said, her voice still soft as she sat by the bed. Then, she realized what he said and she sat up. "Hybrid? Like, half demon half angel?" she asked, her voice curious instead of angry, interested instead of fearful. "Why does that make you a freak?" She clearly did not understand the rules between angels and demons, as she was only a human.

Dante let out a shaky breath. "Well... it is the strongest law in Heaven and Hell that Angels and Demons are to never have intimate relations with one another. They believe that the blood of a Hybrid will cause the worlds to go into ruin. That they are like a beast that only knows destruction, no compassion or anything other than rage. They believe that the Hybrid will destroy both realms then do whatever with the Human Realm. They would kill the child and the parents the instant the found it if the birth didn't kill it first." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "They are like some humans, scared of what they don't understand." He said quietly. Fear was clear in his voice. That the two of them would hurt him, or kick him out, or worse.

Matthew recoiled from Ariez's offer, purely from animal instinct to hoard one's food. She seemed to forget about him as Dante began ranting, obviously delirious. As the two became enthralled in their lunacy, he quietly nibbled the can, slowly peeling back the protective covering with his newly-grown fangs. The more they talked, the more worried he became. Finally releasing the nourishment from its prison, he faced them, lisping slightly from his foreign teeth.
"Angels, demons, hybrids… Stop humoring him, Ariez. He needs a doctor."
He nibbled the bread tensely, all the while staring at them with his ovular pupils. He knew he was losing control of his bestial side, but there wasn't much he could do about it except hope nobody noticed. Maybe his increasing cuteness would win them over.
"Speaking of which… Whose idea was it to keep trained medical professionals out of this whole thing? Hate to pop your balloon, but I'm no surgeon."

Areiz shook her head. "Too many..things..assume too much." She said, referring to most people, angels, and demons. "It's not right though, you do care for other's safety. And I thank you for that." She said, her hand barely touching his as she tried to comfort him. When Matthew spoke she only turned her head. "I'm not humoring him, and we don't need a doctor, he's recovering fine, trust me." She didn't want to tell anyone she could feel other's pain and emotion, it was a secret only she knew, and she wanted it to stay that way.

"I knew you wouldn't believe me. But I want you to know, I'm not lying." Dante said. "Angels and Demons are real, and..... I can prove that I'm a Hybrid." He said quietly, keeping his head down. He really didn't want to show them, but there was probably going to be no other way. He twidled his fingers in his lap, trying to do something to help him get over his nervousness and his uncomfortability. They'll see why I'm a freak. They'll see why I'm and abomination.

Areiz gave him an understanding look of approval. "I trust you. Cross my heart and hope to die, I believe everything you're saying. It explains a lot more than any other explanation anyone could come up with." She said quietly.

"What?"
Matthew opened and closed his mouth a few times in utter shock until he regained control of his mandible.
"This makes sense to you? This is the best explanation you've ever heard?! This… This is… You…"

He rubbed his eyes violently, accidentally scratching his cheek with his sharp nails. His utter shock was slowly turning into fear. Nearly invisible whiskers were growing out of his face and his nose quivered every so often. The heightened emotional response was triggering some fight-or-flight momentum.
There was obviously something wrong with these two, something absolutely wrong. Rick had always told him he trusted too easily. Now he was afraid of just what kind of crazy they were – the harmless lunatic or the dangerous nutjob. He did not want to be trapped in an abandoned shed with them; why had he decided to sit furthest from the door? Matthew's heartbeat quickened as he plotted out a few emergency escape routes. He didn't think he was in immediate danger, but…

Dante looked up at Matthew. He saw that he was changing and he had scratched himself. "Hey, what's wrong?" He asked. He stood and neared Matthew. He looked at the scratch that seemed to go kind of deep, blood trickling out of it. "Here, let me help." He said and put his hand just above the obviously frightened Matthew. A faint, green light emmited from his palm and the scratch on his face began to disappear and then reappear on Dante's own face, in the exact spot that it was on Matthew's face. Dante bled a little, but the small wound healed quickly. He then stepped back away from Matthew. "I'm sorry if I have scared you or freaked you out. I didn't mean it." He said, you could practically feel the regret in his voice. I knew I shouldn't have told them. They think I'm a complete freak. Ariez is probably just humoring me, and Matthew is scared shitless. "I'm sorry." He said and stood and quickly made his way out of the broken house.

Areiz stood up, but watched as Dante went forwards. Suddenly, she understood where he had gotten hurt so bad. "So that's how you got hurt...makes more sense than a bear." She rubbed the back of her neck a little, glancing outside in the sunny day. Then, her focus went back to Matthew. She stepped slightly towards Matthew. "I...I don't know exactly what's going on, but it sorta does make sense, and it's better than 'Global Warming is Causing everything' or 'Terrorists Attack Again!' or any other stupid thing you'll hear on the radio."

Status
Not open for further replies.