Corrupted Innocence (RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dante shook his head. "I-It's m-my fault. It's all my fault." He whispered. He put his hand in his hair and grabbed it in a fist and began tugging. "I'm so stupid. Everything is all my fault." He said as more tears ran down his face. "I'm so stupid. I shouldn't have even been born." He said.

Matthew cradled his arm and frowned at Ariez. "Yeah, I'm fine, by the way."

He looked down at the poor man mewling on the floor, claiming woe and anguish, and suddenly became livid. "Oh, shut up. It's not your fault, you're not stupid, and you were put here for a reason. If you really think you're not worth it, we're just going to up and leave you here. C'mon, Ariez." If there was one thing he couldn't stand, it was self-indulged defeatism. He stood up and began gathering his supplies, not once looking at him. His hands shook slightly. He wanted to slap him, but he probably wouldn't feel it over the gaping hole in his stomach. "Y'know what? You are an idiot. Goodbye." He glared down at Dante one last time and stomped away from the house, not even waiting for Ariez to respond.

He didn't go very far, though. He stopped after a few meters and tried to hide out of their line of vision. Matthew shivered, causing the bottles in his arms to clank together. "Idiot."

Well, at least people can leave me alone. Dante thought as he stood, shakily. He stumbled out of the building and took off as quickly as he could and tried to get out of the town. No. I'm nothing. I only cause pain and anguish wherever I go. I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't have ran away when they found me. That way, no one would have been hurt. He thought as he kept stumbling over his own feet, catching himself on the buildings next to him.

Matthew couldn't believe his eyes. "IDIOT!" he yelled as he dropped everything and sprinted after him. It seemed only one thing could stop this maniac.
As he ran, he picked up an iron pipe and swung it at the back of Dante's head - hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dante gasped and fell to his knees, then his hands. He could feel unconsiousnees beginning to take over. He shook his head, trying to clear it. I-I can't stay. I can't fall unconciouss again. I've already wasted so much time. They will be here any time now. The last sound he made before he fell over and into unconciousness, was a choked sob. The sound was all he could do to express his fear for the town. He then slumped on his side and stopped moving, breathing shallowly.

Areiz hadn't responded to anything, just sat there trying to figure out what had snapped between the two people. The only thing that caught her attention was a -thunk- from outside. She winced. That hurt.. She thought to herself, feeling anger and surprise in the back of her head. She stood up and went out, trying to figure out what was going on and stop the rush of mixed emotions that were swimming in the back of her head. "Hey..Hey! Stop..just, stop and calm down." she said to Matthew and Dante, not looking up at them, but at her hands. Looking at them would strengthen the emotions in her head, and she wouldn't be able to handle that.

Matthew blinked.

Then he blinked again.

"Sorry, man."

Standing in the middle of the road, he started pulling the limp body by its feet back towards the shack. It was difficult work, dragging a grown man's face through the mud.
"Ariez! Erm, I could use some more help over here!"
Thankfully, the rain seemed to be passing as the thunder became more and more distant.

"…so sorry."

Areiz nodded and went over to help, biting her tongue to keep her mind clearish. She pulled one of Dante's arms up and draped it over her shoulder, using her arm closest to him to help hold him up.

Dante awoke with a massive pain circulating throughout his head. He groaned and covered his face with the inside of his elbow, trying to block all light from reaching his eyes. He put his other hand on his stomach, feeling some form of cloth. A bandage, probably. He thought. Must be from that one guy that helped me. I need to make sure to apologize and thank him.

Maleika tuned out the man's foul language and concentrated on the passing thunder and the thud of her bare feet on the church lawn. "Lord, give me the strength to prevail."
Panting vociferously, she climbed the stone steps up to the small chapel. It was a simple affair, maybe two floors tall, with a wooden cross tacked above the thin planks they called doors. She glanced behind her, thankfully seeing she was alone, and slipped quietly into the building.

The nuns wouldn't be very happy about the mud she was tracking on the carpet, but she was alone here, too. The one they called 'Jesus' hung above the alter, lit by a whole table of candles below. Maleika approached, running her hand along the pews, and kneeled humbly in front of the effigy. "I bow before your holiness, in sight of your celestial form, and pray for divination." Standing, she picked up an unlit candle and gave it flame. "Blessed are those who seek, blessed are those who serve."

At that moment, a nun entered from behind the alter. She gasped at the sight of the young girl and immediately hurried over. "Dear, dear, dear! Come with me!" The nun grasped her by the wrist and pulled her away. "God gives to the needy, dear, don't you forget that!"

~*~

Matthew sat against the wall nearest to Dante and just happened to be finishing a joke for Ariez. "So I said to him… What about Julie!" He laughed obnoxiously to himself as though he were absolutely hilarious. "And then he threw a boot at me!" He halted his laughter just long enough to notice Dante awakening. "Hey there, buddy! Where's the beef?"

Dante slowly removed the arm, blinking a couple times to adjust his eyes. "Wh-What?" he asked. He didn't understand what he was asking. Out of all of the books he read, he couldn't recal a human ever saying that. He sat up slowly rubbing the back of his head, trying to dull the throbbing there. He looked around. He was in a small room on a small bedroll. Matthew and Ariez were standing by the wall.

Areiz smiled a little at Matthew's joke, but turned to Dante as he woke up. She uncrossed her arm and moved a little. "Hello." She said to Dante. "Did you sleep well?"

"Uh, hi." He said back quietly. "It was... okay... I guess." He said. He could tell that his hair was all jacked up and he tried to tame it. Trying to style it in the way it grew, he never changed it around because he liked it, but he always had to fix it after he slept.

She nodded. "Do you want anything to eat, maybe a drink?" She didn't know exactly how he felt after being in the condition he had been in, and she'd never really entertained guests before, so she said what she thought made sense.

Dante shook his head. "N-No. I'm fine, thank you." he said. He actually felt fine, other than the pain in his head. His stomach had stopped hurting and he wasn't hungry or thirsty, not that he ever was. He only ate food to seem more human. He didn't really need it, but he did like the taste of it.

Areiz nodded her understanding again. "Just tell me of you want anything." She said politely before looking at Matthew. "What about you?" She could feel the calmness of the people in the room and she felt much better and in control of herself than a few hours earlier.

"Th-Thank you, M-Matthew and Ariez. I really appreciate it, and I'm sorry I caused trouble for you guys." He said. His odd voice ringing out through the room.

Areiz shrugged, then shook her head. "You needed help, so we helped. And I don't think it was any trouble at all." She said, giving a faint smile. She was being truthful. Helping someone took her mind off the state of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dante shrugged. "You didn't have to. I would've been fine after a while." He said. He was being truthful, he could have healed by himself but it would have taken longer because of the size of the wound. "But... I do apreciate it. Thank you."

Areiz watched him for a minute, a question coming to the tip of her tongue, but she threw it away. "It was nothing." she repeated. She glanced at the window she'd finished while Dante had slept before speaking again. "If I may, how'd you get hurt so bad?"

Status
Not open for further replies.