Corrupted Innocence (RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dante shook his head. "No, no one can follow me and I don't need anyone's help." He said as he began walking away again, regretting speaking. He never did like his voice and any of the people who were paying attention will instantly notice how odd his voice sounded. 'They'll hat it. I know they will.' He thought as he walked away. 'Not like it matters. I'll never seem them after now. I won't see anyone anymore." he said as he stumbled along the path.

Watching the girl skirt the question, Areiz stepped towards them after Dante had pulled away again. "Hey, even if you are fine, you need a place to rest." She said sternly, glancing at the girl following him. "You're going to get hurt worse, whether you're fine now or not." Why is he so intent on leaving? Is he scared of something?...all I can feel is pain and tired..

"You idiot, get back here!" Matthew latched onto his torso, his fingernails turning into sharp, digging claws. Twitching his nose, he whirled the man around and started marching him back towards the girls again. "A little help!" His narrow, ovular pupils stared straight into Ariez's human ones. He was getting a little panicked now, the gathering smoke making his bestial side even more jumpy than usual. Sure, he liked fire, but this felt more like a rampaging wildfire headed their way. Another jolt of adrenaline rushed through him as he realized Rick and Julie were helplessly asleep right now. He needed to get home now.

Areiz came up beside him, watching Mathew. "I can't hold him, he'll get out of my grasp." she said quietly. She felt a crash of worry and she closed her eyes for a moment to clear her head a little. "How do you want me to help?" She asked.

Dante gasped when he felt claws dig into his torso. "Ow." He whimpered and closed his eyes tightly. He realized that it was useless to fight, and began attempting to help Matthew by walking. "S-Sorry." He whispered. He never liked it when people got mad. Especially not at him. It made him feel terrible.

Areiz bit the inside of her bottom lip as Dante apologized. "Hey, don't be too hard on him, he's not got enough strength." she said gently to the people holding him. She glanced over at her hideout. "We can put him in here until we can move him without making anything worse." She said, moving the door from it's frame. "We have to hurry though." she said.

"Here we are, sugarplum!"

Having made it to town, the tall man seemed intent on getting his payment; they had stopped right in front of an inn. He helped her down, hand lingering on her thigh.

"I thank you, sir. May God forgive your transgressions."
Maleika started to walk away, but the man had a grip of iron. She looked up at him in shock and confusion.
"Sir, I do not desire your presence any longer. Please release me."

The man gave her a solid whack across the face, bringing tears to her eyes. She sniffled softly and mouthed a prayer for rescue.

~*~

Matthew leaned Dante against the doorframe and maneuvered him inside. "I'm Matthew, by the way. Can you watch him for a second? I'll be right back." A furry ear flicked out from under his mop of hair as he set the man down just inside the threshold. He smiled shakily at the both of them and jogged down the street.

"Hey, man. Where's the fire?"
Matthew slammed the front door with unnecessary enthusiasm and went straight to the kitchen. Rick had gotten out of bed with Julie and taken up residence on the squeaky couch, but now followed out of concern.

"You're turning again. What happened?"
Matthew began tearing apart the cupboards. He tossed cans of vegetables, tins of biscuits, and other assorted objects across the room, but couldn't find anything remotely medical.
"There's a fire across town and some guy got shot or something and there's some creepy shit going on and—" Rick grasped his arms and stood him up. He struggled for a second, but finally stopped and took a breath.

"Matt. Do you need help?"
He nodded weakly, hands shaking. Releasing him, Rick started picking up cans and stacking them on the counter in a neat pyramid shape. "Alright, tell me what you need."
Matthew leaned against the wall, arms clasped around himself protectively, and concentrated on removing all signs of mongoose from his body. "Bandages. And some disinfectant. And how about some cornbread? He looked kinda hungry."

The furry ears retracted into his head as the adrenaline wore off. "I mean, you shoulda seen him. I've seen fatter tadpoles!" Rick opened the only untouched cupboard – the one under the sink – and started pulling out supplies. "But not the stick kind of thin, he was more wiry, really. And tough. Like a bear. A big grizzly bear on Atkins." He smiled, then. "Yeah… Oh, thanks, man." He picked up the items and headed for the door like nothing had even happened.
"Be careful, Matt. If things get bad, we'll drop word at the church. Maybe God'll send us some competent firemen!" Matthew laughed and waved and ran back out into the rain with a newfound sense of composure.

By the time the firefighters had reached the town the hybrid had passed through, they were met with an odd sight, a surreal and hellish sight. The town no longer had any fires in it, the town also no longer had any buildings left standing, just dilapidated brickwork and the occasional metal girders sticking out of the ground. Even through their breathing apparatus, they could smell the all too familiar smell that wasn't dissimilar from cooked pork that meant all but one thing, burnt flesh. They had only seen carnage like this but on a much smaller scale in benzine fires or explosions... This must have been what Hiroshima looked like... Jacob thought to himself.

The sirens went dead, the firefighters began to climb out of their vehicle, the operation had just changed, now it was search and rescue. The watch manager tried to get onto the radio, all but static he tried again, not even static this time, just some noise that sounded similar to metal being twisted. He looked at the men and women of his watch and ordered them to get the necessary equipment for searching for survivors. He ordered Jacob to go back to town and get more support from the other emergency services, since the radios were down. He couldn't give him the fire engine so he had to walk. Jacob wasted no time and started to head back to the town they had come from. Cutting across fields and back roads to save time.

He ran and ran, sprinting more like it. Time was of the essence in this situation, any time he wasted meant the difference between life and death, he figured if he found anyone out he could ask to use their phone to call for assistance, he was still in his uniform so it would be obvious his sincerity. After sprinting down a particularly long and uphill road, he spotted a chapel in the distance, just as black dots were clouding his vision and he started to feel faint, maybe he'd stop here, get help from the public. He spotted some figures beside the chapel he couldn't tell what they were one looked like a horse, the other or others looked like people, maybe. He wanted to yell but he couldn't muster the strength to. But he could keep running.

Last edited by a moderator:
Areiz nodded. "I can watch him." She glanced at the half-boarded window. It'll hold.. She knelt down beside Dante, watching him with sympathetic eyes. "It'll be okay, we're going to help." She said softly.

Dante's eyes were drooping, finding it harder and harder to keep them open. "I don't want help." He whispered. "I need to leave." His words were shaky and quiet. Ariez would have to listen hard to hear. The rain had matted his stark white hair to his head and it was very uncomfortable. His clothes were completely soaked through and they also stuck to his hurt and bloodied body. That is going to be fun when they take off my shirt. He thought, and winced at the thought of the pain.

Areiz shook her head. "You can't leave, you're too weak and you're wet and bloody, not very healthy. Everything will be fine." she said as she pulled a blanket off the makeshift bed on the other side of the room. She laid it over Dante, hoping to keep him warm. He's wet and probably cold from blood loss..I hope Matthew comes back soon.. She thought to herself, listening carefully to Dante in case he spoke again.

Dante shivered and pulled the blanket on him more. He wasn't getting very much warmth from it because of the rain and blood loss, but any warmth he could get was welcomed. "Th-Thank you." Dante whispered as his eyes finally stayed closed and he fell asleep.

Areiz sighed lightly as he fell asleep. She sat down, leaning against the doorframe and looking out into the rain. "Get a good sleep." She mumbled to Dante, knowing he probably wouldn't hear, but saying anyway.

"Forgive me, Father."
Maleika winced and held her open hand right in the man's face. He only had a moment to register the event before a bright flash of light blinded him. He dropped her arm to clutch at his eyes, his scream muffled by a receding clap of thunder. She ran from the inn towards a distant cross rising above the rooftops.
Wicked do not stand before Brilliance.

~*~

Matthew ran into the middle of the street, scanning the sides of the road for the others. Wiping the rain from his eyes, he spotted the girl leaning on the doorframe. "Hey there! Got the stuff!" He jogged over and dumped all the supplies in her lap. "You like cornbread?"

He managed his way past her into the shelter and kneeled next to the injured Hybrid, carefully wiping some blood off his face. "Don't look so good, man. Let me see…" He lifted up the blanket and pried off the wet shirt. "Hoo! Lift up your arms." He tossed the bloody clothes next to Ariez and leaned over to reach in her lap. "Alright, let's see…" Matthew poured some alcohol onto a clean cloth and began to dab at the injuries, trying to concentrate on his wounds and not his muscles. "Did I introduce myself yet? I'm Matthew. But you can call me Matt, if you want. Who are you? I mean, what's your name? Oh, and you, too. And why do you live here? Oh! I mean, not that it's not nice or anything, it's just… illegal, isn't it?" His nose twitched nervously, afraid he made a serious faux pas.

Dante had awoken when Matthew entered the house. He gasped in pain and clenched his eyes closed when the alcohol touched his wounds. He made a small whimpering sound. "Ow." He whispered. "I-I'm D-Dante." He said to Matthew, trying to get his mind off of the pain. It hurt like none other but he knew that it was the only way for him to make sure his wounds didn't get infected. He didn't know everything that could happen if a wound got infected, but he has read a lot of books and has some ideas....... and none of them are pretty.

Ariez shook her head to answer the question, but didn't move. She listened to Matthew and answered his question. "I'm Areiz, and I live here so I don't end up like Dante here." She said, avoiding looking at Dante, resisting the urge to stop Matthew. I need to learn to ignore the feelings... she thought to herself, trying to think of something else.

Dante gasped and grabbed Matthew's wrist when he dabbed at an extremely sensitive part of the wound. He clenched his eyes closed and tried not to let tears come to his eyes. "W-Wait." He gasped out, trying to get a hold of himself. The pain was excruciating and he could barely keep from crying out in pain. His face was contorted in pain as he waited for it to subside. It hurts. So much. He thought.

"Ow. Ow. Let go. Ow."

Matthew tried not to whimper – especially in front of a man on his deathbed – but it just slipped loose. His last girlfriend always laughed at his pain tolerance, but in his opinion, she wanted to do some pretty wacked up stuff. He tried to continue the treatment with his other hand, but Dante was looking more and more like a sadist every moment. "Hey, Ariez… How about you take – ah-ha-haow! Jesus frck'n…" He gnawed on his knuckles to keep his language civil. "-take… Get over here!"

Dante quickly pulled his hand back. He brought it to his face and began biting it a little. "I-I'm sorry." He whimpered. Now he felt really bad for hurting him. "I'm really sorry." He said. I didn't mean too. He thought. I can't believe I hurt someone, especially someone that is trying to help me. "Really, really sorry." He gasped out. He covered his face with his hand, feeling tears coming to his eyes. Another person hurt because of me. I can't believe how terrible a perso-....... creature I am. He thought. His lip began to quiver and a single tear left his eye.

Areiz turned around when she was called. She knelt down and set a hand on Dante's shoulder, gritting her teeth to keep from doing anything that would look stupid. That's when she noticed Dante's tear. "Hey now.." She said softly. "It's okay..Right Matthew?" She asked. "You didn't mean to." She rubbed his shoulder gently, holding the rag in her hand, but not doing anything with it yet. Wait until he calms down...

Status
Not open for further replies.