Corrupted Dominion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kou nodded in agreement, around dusk would definitely be a more preferable time to wander around compared to early mornings when the sun had barely come up. It would certainly help to take a good picture if he could keep his eyes open enough to focus the camera. As the trees grew thinner and the sky came into view he too was a bit surprised at how late the hour had grown, it hadn't felt like it inside the forest but apparently it had taken longer to find the doe's tracks after loosing her the first time. "Seems like it," he answered while he flipped open his bag before carefully putting his camera inside. No need to keep it out when they had left the trees and no animals would come out in the open close to the city.

A voice broke the silence and Kou lifted his head to see who spoke, the man was completely opposite Ayame in looks even though they appeared to be siblings but it wasn't the lack of family resemblance that made Kou freeze up. Their eyes met and Kou became certain this man was no human, he was an angel. No wonder he stared with such a dark look, the feeling was mutual however, Kou had never much liked angels, it pretty much came naturally since angels and demons never got along, but then again those white feathered nuisances had not done anything to change his mind either.

What was weird in this situation however was that the girl was definitely not an angel, she was human through and through so why was an angel calling her his sister? Now this was getting interesting, far more interesting than he could have hoped for when being paired with a human. "Sure, see you then" Kou said as Ayame turned around, finding it very entertaining to send the angel off with a mischievous grin. Whatever their family relations were no angel would appreciate someone they knew hanging out with demons, just like it was the other way around.

Aya turned to Loid and sighed, raising an eyebrow at him. "Are you okay? You seem on edge." she pointed out lazily. Loid turned his head and sighed at Aya, shaking his head. "No, I already told you. It's fine, okay? Don't worry. Mom and dad's been waiting to start dinner for an hour." he said, the frustration in his voice making Aya feel a little guilty for asking too many questions. As Loid started walking ahead, she sighed and quickened her pace to reach him. Aya held out a hand and grabbed his arm lightly. "Hey, I'm sorry Loid. I shouldn't have been asking questions." she said quietly, turning her gaze to the ground. Loid heard the guilt in her voice and turned, eyes widening slightly.

Aya felt a hand on her head and looked up to see him smiling at her sincerely. "Hey...it's alright. I shouldn't have snapped at you like that. That guy just...I don't know. He made me feel a little uneasy." Loid finally said, lifting his hand from Aya's head and running it through his hair. Aya nodded and continued walking in silence until she reached her parents' house. She walked in and was immediately pulled into a rib-cracking hug. "M-Mom..can't breath!" she wheezed, patting her mom's back. She let go and went into the living room, beginning to eat at the table.

After a long while at her mom and dad's house, Aya stood and announced that she was leaving. This earned a few groans from Loid and her dad, who didn't want to see her go. Aya smiled and made her round of hugs, ending with Loid. As she hugged him, he held her and quietly spoke into her ear. "Watch out for that boy...he's big trouble. I don't want you getting hurt." he whispered quietly, kissing her cheek when he was finished. "Be safe, sweetheart!" she heard her dad say, waving her off with a huge smile on his face. Aya giggled and nodded, saying goodbye as she left the house. It only took her a few minutes to arrive at her own apartment, breathing in the smell of a new home as she stepped inside. She quickly made something to eat and sat at her table, thinking over the events of the day. Still, her brother's words rang in her ear. "Why would I need to be careful? Sure, he seemed a little off, but other than that he seemed like a normal person." she said out loud to herself, scratching her neck a little as she thought. Deciding to sleep on it, Aya cleaned her dishes and took a shower before hopping into bed. After all, she was going to work with Kou the next day, so she didn't want to be tired and show up late.

@Elflady

Last edited by a moderator:
Kouhei headed home as well, feeling rather satisfied with the day, not only having gotten some nice pictures for the project but also gotten an interesting partner to boot. As soon as he turned the key he heard a meowing loud enough to be audible through the thick door and when he stepped inside the large cat trotted up to him and curled around his legs, hindering his steps as she purred loudly. "Hi there, sweetie," he said gently in a voice not many had heard him use, but of course not many had heard him talk to his cat either, but while he knew the feline couldn't answer he still did it.

Sidestepping the affectionate feline he dropped his bag off in the hall before heading to the kitchen, Jun followed, tail flicking as she hopped onto a chair and meowed, demanding attention. He scratched below her cheek as he passed, rifling through the freezer before finding what he was looking for and placed the plastic jar in the microwave. Living alone he knew how to cook but that didn't mean he particularly liked it so he usually made quite a lot of food at once and then put the extra in the fridge to save him the bother of cooking later on. Waiting for his food to heat up he gave in the Jun's demand and picked her up, doing her usual routine Jun climbed up on his shoulder causing him to wince as he claws scraped his skin. "I wish you'd stop using me as a look out spot or our own personal cat tree." Of course he'd not stop her or remove her whatever he said, it was perhaps a bit ironic that in a demon's home the cat was still the undisputed ruler.

Spending the rest of the evening in front of the TV while eating his dinner, Jun patiently sitting on the couch trying to hypnotize him to give her some food and after she saw her last hope vanish she curled up in his lap and purred. Opening a large blue eye in annoyance as Kou picked her off his lap and tood up, flipping the TV off before heading for his bedroom, slipping into his normal sweatpants that served as his night clothes. Seconds after he'd flipped the lights and lied down he felt a warm body jump onto the bed and curl up into a ball by his back.

Next morning he woke up at a much more comfortable hour than the days he had class, giving him the opportunity to not piss off Jun by almost sending her off the bed in his hurry those days he overslept, which wasn't exactly a rare occasion. Shuffling into the kitchen he put on some coffee before fetching his phone and the number he'd gotten from Ayame yesterday, the display showed it was well past ten so he decided she should be awake by now, if not then she'd soon be. "Hey, it's Kouhei." He said as she picked up, assuming she'd remember who he was just like that. "You were free today, right. Feeling up for some photographing, or rather hours of tracking animals hoping to get a couple of lucky pictures?" He asked, his amused grin almost audible in his voice.

Reactions: Serpentine
Ayame sat up groggily as the sun lit the left side of her face, annoying her slightly. Instead of moping about lack of sleep, she stood up and walked to her dresser, picking a pair of blue jean capris and a larger white t-shirt, changing out of her comfortable clothes. Sighing, Aya left her room and headed to the kitchen, her stomach demanding food. She opened the fridge and searched, seeing a few appetizing things. Aya grabbed a few eggs, starting up a pan. As she dumped the eggs into the pan, she heard her cell phone ring, turning to see it still on the counter. Grabbing it and looking at the caller I.D, Aya raised an eyebrow and answered, a little curiosity in her voice. "Hello?" she asked, grabbing a spatula to start cooking her eggs. She heard the voice on the other end and noted that it sounded familiar, her suspicions cleared when the person on the other end introduced himself as Kouhei.

"Oh, hey. Yeah, I'm free." she answered his question, taking the eggs off of the heat and dumping them on the plate, continuing to listen to Kou. "Sure, I don't mind taking a few photos." she said with a humorless laugh, noting that he must have been grinning on the other end. Aya held the phone to her ear using her shoulder as she poured a glass of juice for herself and heading to the table with her food. She sat down and looked at the wall across the room from her.

"So, where do you want to meet up? The same place we went to yesterday or do you want to meet somewhere else first?" she asked, slight curiosity on the edge of her voice as she asked the question. As she waited for a reply, Aya ate a few bites of eggs, holding the phone lazily against her ear.

@Elflady

Status
Not open for further replies.