Corporate Magical Girls

Wolfsbane706

Everything's better with figure skaters.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
All fuckin' day.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern, futuristic, magical girl
Not magical girls that run a corporation, but magical girls in service to corporations. Magic is real, magical girls are common knowledge, and they get their powers by signing on with a corporation. Breach of contract involves removal of powers and possible consequences involving loved ones. Main plot would probably involve recovering an asset or something like that. I dunno quite yet, I'm still working out the details. Characters would all be 18+ unless really good reasoning is used, such as paying off a parent or sibling's debt or a corporation-sponsored orphanage program. Romance could be a thing, but for the most part, will probably be secondary.

So, er, I could use some help filling out the details. If you would be so kind.

In my opinion, I don't think details are needed for this, with the exception of lore and setting. ^^

The plot sounds pretty solid (to me anyway).

• Thank You
Reactions: Wolfsbane706
Hmm, hadn’t seen a Magical girl RP for a while (other sites included.) The premise sounds intriguing enough. What’s the posting level and expectation? I’m rather busy irl so if you want me you might have to tolerate a two (detailed) post a week at maximum and perhaps a week where I couldn’t find time to post at all.

Also since I’m the person who love to defy norms (not rules though :/), might as well try what you suggested around the end.

Hmm, hadn’t seen a Magical girl RP for a while (other sites included.) The premise sounds intriguing enough. What’s the posting level and expectation? I’m rather busy irl so if you want me you might have to tolerate a two (detailed) post a week at maximum and perhaps a week where I couldn’t find time to post at all.

Also since I’m the person who love to defy norms (not rules though :/), might as well try what you suggested around the end.
Frankly, as long as you can consistently put together coherent posts of at least a paragraph or two, I don't care how long you take, as long as it's not more than a month.

Reactions: Starmine
attachment.php

Ooooh, this seems really interesting! Will keep an eye on this!

• Thank You
Hm, but why was the corporation built on the first place? Did someone omnipotent enough built that corporation in order to help all ladies' problems, I suppose? (I imagine there could be an advertising slogan like, "wishing all your problems away" or such.)

And what about a rival corporation? Since Magical Girls are common knowledge, I imagine there'll be other corporations competing with each other since there'll be girls interested in becoming a Magical Girl. Despite all that, I think that even if the Magical Girls are basic knowledge, no one knows where and how they became one. Corporations who made them like that will be in secret, and only those who are interested enough will have to ask informants from the private companies themselves, of course, this comes with the risk of joining a bogus company or other bad-related stuff.

Those are my thoughts for the roleplay. ^w^

• Love
Oh hi you might remember me and I'm pretty down for some magical girl RPs too. I've had a decent amount of experience with the whole idea of "systemic magic" so I can do some brainstorming if you'd like that ^-^

This seems interesting! Like Brair Rose said their doesn't seem to be much to flesh out becides the lore and setting. Though I would just state that we would need a willing GM willing to get the plot forward. Assuming it more GM driven and not slice of life.

Oh hi you might remember me and I'm pretty down for some magical girl RPs too. I've had a decent amount of experience with the whole idea of "systemic magic" so I can do some brainstorming if you'd like that ^-^
I think we should just shoot the breeze, out ideas out there, and see which ones we all like best. Also, I don't recognize the name. Were you part of Neon Shadows or Elite? Those are the only two magical girl RPs I've done in recent memory.

I think we should just shoot the breeze, out ideas out there, and see which ones we all like best. Also, I don't recognize the name. Were you part of Neon Shadows or Elite? Those are the only two magical girl RPs I've done in recent memory.
Yeah I was in neon shadows, and from what I've seen there's usually 2 types of "magical corporation" types, one is where magic can be used by everyone, but some are simply better at it, thus they take it up as a career. Another is where only a select few percentage of the population can use magic, and having this bestowed on them means they have to take it up as a career and is shunned/feared by so called "normal people". There's always the categorizations of magic that people can play with, but this makes it more like supernatural-ish with magic becoming the equivalent of super powers. Magical girls work with color schemes and motifs a lot so maybe it could work out with each character having something thematic they specialize in.

Last edited:
Yeah I was in neon shadows, and from what I've seen there's usually 2 types of "magical corporation" types, one is where magic can be used by everyone, but some are simply better at it, thus they take it up as a career. Another is where only a select few percentage of the population can use magic, and having this bestowed on them means they have to take it up as a career and is shunned/feared by so called "normal people". There's always the categorizations of magic that people can play with, but this makes it more like supernatural-ish with magic becoming the equivalent of super powers. Magical girls work with color schemes and motifs a lot so maybe it could work out with each character having something thematic they specialize in.
So if we go the "magic is limited to a select few" route, we could definitely do the "each girl has a central theme" route. However, if we go the "magic is so common everyone has it" we'll probably have the entire magical girl division share a theme.

I like the idea of using motifs what if we did a little irony and we used science fields? Since its like corporate?

I like the idea of using motifs what if we did a little irony and we used science fields? Since its like corporate?
Elaborate, please?

Elaborate, please?
So someone mentioned having motifs for the magical girls themselves or like the divisions in the companies and since they are corporate. We could use science fields as motifs. So like one magical girl could have a motif of Biology with powers relating to life, while another might be a motif of Geology with rocks and earth powers. Or something like that.

So someone mentioned having motifs for the magical girls themselves or like the divisions in the companies and since they are corporate. We could use science fields as motifs. So like one magical girl could have a motif of Biology with powers relating to life, while another might be a motif of Geology with rocks and earth powers. Or something like that.
Intriguing. Anyone else like the idea?

Intriguing. Anyone else like the idea?
Another idea for motifs would be spoofed or straight up copies of IRL companies which would imply that each magic girl is sponsored by a separate company. Maybe they also act as idols in additions to them being like corporate spy.

Wait so what kind of stuff will they be fighting? Other companies? Communists? An evil supernatural figure? An evil cybernetic figure?

Another idea for motifs would be spoofed or straight up copies of IRL companies which would imply that each magic girl is sponsored by a separate company. Maybe they also act as idols in additions to them being like corporate spy.

Wait so what kind of stuff will they be fighting? Other companies? Communists? An evil supernatural figure? An evil cybernetic figure?
That's something I haven't figured out quite yet. I figured it would be a case by case thing instead of a big overarching threat.

That's something I haven't figured out quite yet. I figured it would be a case by case thing instead of a big overarching threat.
I like the idea of fighting communists. Like Magical Girls VS communist I would RP something like that doesn't matter what it was on.

I like the idea of fighting communists. Like Magical Girls VS communist I would RP something like that doesn't matter what it was on.
Yeah but that would require it to be set Cold War era lol.