Corporate Magical Girls

Yeah but that would require it to be set Cold War era lol.
Or it could be like in the future where there is a bunch of mega-corporations running almost everything in everyday life. And againest that is a new wave of Communist Revolutionaries led by a daring Mech-riding inspiring woman of some brave nature, but is also really delusional. Or something like that.

What is the date. I think like a future with mega-corporations would be cool so its like half-way cyberpunk.

Or it could be like in the future where there is a bunch of mega-corporations running almost everything in everyday life. And againest that is a new wave of Communist Revolutionaries led by a daring Mech-riding inspiring woman of some brave nature, but is also really delusional. Or something like that.

What is the date. I think like a future with mega-corporations would be cool so its like half-way cyberpunk.
Remember, we're working for the corp, not fighting against it.

So if we go the "magic is limited to a select few" route, we could definitely do the "each girl has a central theme" route. However, if we go the "magic is so common everyone has it" we'll probably have the entire magical girl division share a theme.
There's also the idea of common magic and specialized magic, the former anyone can use and the latter needs a combination of talent and training, the main cast can each have something they excel in and enemies can range from petty crimes with simple common magic to boss fights with people who has acquired special magic.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfsbane706
There's also the idea of common magic and specialized magic, the former anyone can use and the latter needs a combination of talent and training, the main cast can each have something they excel in and enemies can range from petty crimes with simple common magic to boss fights with people who has acquired special magic.
This idea I like. Now, I'm sorry @Neko_Green but I'm gonna nix the communist idea. Setting it in the near-ish future isn't a bad plan, though.

This idea I like. Now, I'm sorry @Neko_Green but I'm gonna nix the communist idea. Setting it in the near-ish future isn't a bad plan, though.
I was only half-joking about the Communist villain thing it jus paired well with the corperate part of the idea.

But yah, a post-modern setting would work well I think since then we have more flexibility with the power corporations have in real life as well as like other plot devices can more easily be changed.

• Useful
Hmm so would the magic used be more emotional or technical? Emotional is basically the power of friendship or love is the strongest magic or will power makes your spells better yadayada. Technical magic is harder to explain but spells are pretty much "set", and finding new spells requires research and testing, basically magic becomes a science, a pretty good example is the anime the irregular at magical highschool where magic is similar to programming reality. Of course both can exist and characters can choose the type of their likings or even a combination of both.

Hmm so would the magic used be more emotional or technical? Emotional is basically the power of friendship or love is the strongest magic or will power makes your spells better yadayada. Technical magic is harder to explain but spells are pretty much "set", and finding new spells requires research and testing, basically magic becomes a science, a pretty good example is the anime the irregular at magical highschool where magic is similar to programming reality. Of course both can exist and characters can choose the type of their likings or even a combination of both.
What do you think would offer the most variety to the characters?

I like the Magical Girls using more Technical and set in place magic with a research and analytical approach. Given the concept of the corporations, I think the technical magic would work better.

Personally, I would enjoy like an eldritch, mysterious, sort of love-craftian aura on the magic in the world. Where learning about risks having you lose your mind from all of the power you wield and the knowledge you have gained about the nature of the infinite void.

That though is more grim and kind of niche so I don't expect no one to want to do that XD

• Love
Reactions: Iceydaze
ɪ'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇ ᴏɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴀs ᴡᴇʟʟ. ɪ'ᴠᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴀɴʏ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄᴀʟ ɢɪʀʟ ʀᴘ ᴏʀ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ɪᴅᴇᴀs ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ sᴏᴜɴᴅ sᴜᴘᴇʀ ғᴜɴ~

ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ɪ ᴅᴏ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ ɪғ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄᴀʟ ʙᴏʏs ~ᴏʀ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʟɪɴᴇs~ ɪɴ ᴀɴ ᴏᴘᴘᴏsɪɴɢ ᴄᴏʀᴘ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴇᴍʏ's sɪᴅᴇ, ᴏʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʜɪᴅᴅᴇɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɪɴ ᴄᴏʀᴘ ᴀs ᴡᴇʟʟ..

ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴ. ᴀsᴋɪɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ɢɪʀʟ ɪɴ ᴍɪɴᴅ. x3

• Thank You
ɪ'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇ ᴏɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴀs ᴡᴇʟʟ. ɪ'ᴠᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴀɴʏ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄᴀʟ ɢɪʀʟ ʀᴘ ᴏʀ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ɪᴅᴇᴀs ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ sᴏᴜɴᴅ sᴜᴘᴇʀ ғᴜɴ~

ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ɪ ᴅᴏ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ ɪғ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄᴀʟ ʙᴏʏs ~ᴏʀ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʟɪɴᴇs~ ɪɴ ᴀɴ ᴏᴘᴘᴏsɪɴɢ ᴄᴏʀᴘ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴇᴍʏ's sɪᴅᴇ, ᴏʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʜɪᴅᴅᴇɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɪɴ ᴄᴏʀᴘ ᴀs ᴡᴇʟʟ..

ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴ. ᴀsᴋɪɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ɢɪʀʟ ɪɴ ᴍɪɴᴅ. x3
Male characters could be a thing, if done well. I'd like to keep the cast mostly female, though, with male slots reserved for handlers, friends, or coworkers.

• Thank You
Reactions: Iceydaze
So, with everything arranged, I'll have a sign-ups thread set up tomorrow.