Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life

We're always talking about the delicious things we make, but what about those times we tried to cook and FAILED MISERABLY?

A few days I was test-baking a cake recipe and i think I doubled the recipe wrong. So instead of cupcakes, I got cup caverns of doom. o___o It tasted okay, at least?

Th-that's not a picture of a cupcavern of doom that tasted good...

I tried making cranberry sauce one year.

It was awful.

Additionally, I fried some fish a few weeks ago and used too much salt. >>; Terrible, terrible...

I'm generally a good cook *totally not bragging* BUT I do have an issue with forgetting things... for instance, my eggs. Or my noodles. So many times have I had to throw out overcooked eggs, or icky soggy noodles. LOL. But I'm getting better with that.

I'm a good cook. decent~ as long as i WANT to cook;; the food's good =]

BUTBUT. MASHED POTATOES TAKE WAYYYY TOO LONG FOR MEEEE D<
I leave the kitchen because I can't STAAAAND waiting for them.
and baboom! I come back and it's all smelly and half burnt.

I gave up after the first three attempts. = =

*addblocks saku's sig*

First time i tried to make biscuits (cookies to you folk) Made the dough too moist (yes I actually made my own dough) they came out as irregular blobs with a mildly burned taste... Still tasted good with coffee though.

I'm so careful when I cook. Even my grilled cheese sammiches are watched closely so I can cook them to perfection. o__o; Therefore, not many mess ups.

HOWEVER...

I can't seem to make homemade pancakes. The batter always tastes like shit and when I cook the pancakes, they come out in dumb, ugly shapes. Also, I always manage to burn myself somehow, when making pancakes. :( The entire palm of my right hand was burned, once. Skin was peely for daayyys.

All the things I make are usually pretty good. I also produce abnormal amounts of smoke.

I'm so careful when I cook. Even my grilled cheese sammiches are watched closely so I can cook them to perfection. o__o; Therefore, not many mess ups.

HOWEVER...

I can't seem to make homemade pancakes. The batter always tastes like shit and when I cook the pancakes, they come out in dumb, ugly shapes. Also, I always manage to burn myself somehow, when making pancakes. :( The entire palm of my right hand was burned, once. Skin was peely for daayyys.
There really is no standard for a shape in pancakes, professional cooks actually use the entire pan to make them round. However, the key to a nice, evenly cooked pancake is to set the heat to medium-high and cook one side until JUST BUBBLING, then flip it over. After about a minute (an egg timer or the microwave help) it's done!

For a pancake batter, try using a half cup of sugar in your mix, as well as vanilla extract to taste. The water in the mix should just about equal 3/4 (or to desired thickness) times the flour. That's really all there is in pancake batter, water, flour, sugar and vanilla. If it gets to thin don't hesitate to add more flour, a tablespoon or two at a time. It tastes delicious. I'm not sure what to do about your hand though... Learn to hold your spatula different?

Only thing I've ever done wrong in the kitchen is season a steak wrong, and that in itself is blasphemy.

double postan'

FORGIVE ME PANCAKE GODS FOR I HAVE SINNED. I WILL WILLINGLY FALL UPON MY SWORD IN SHAME.

I once set a microwave on fire.

Dyslexicis UNTIE!!!