Conversations question & Div Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Antares

Original poster
Hi, I was just wondering, and mind that it'll sound a bit silly, if there's a way to have a solo conversation on Iwaku? Main reason I ask is because I wanted to put a divcode layout for my character, however, it showed up very weird and I wanted to be able to test/mess with it without messaging another person. (here's an example)
bQ0ga5U.png

Is this just a thing I shouldn't be able to do?
Is it a thing I need to like,... make less wide? It got a little better once I made my icon more skinny/tall, but not entirely.

Also, is there a way to make it so your div layout gets taller or shorter depending on the text included? Right now I just have it set at different numbers and I mess with the height # to make it look less, big.
Here's the code, in case you're willing to look.
Code:
[div=
overflow-y: scroll;
   height: 100%;
   max-width: 100%;
[div=z-index: 2;]
[CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NrdUow3.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
[/div][div=
margin: auto;
width: 559px;
height: 900px;
margin-top: -97px;
z-index: 1;
background-color: #ffffff;
background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/f7GK8Z7.png);
[/div]
[div=
height: 100%;
width: 500px;
overflow-y: hidden;
display: in-line;
margin-top: 50px;
margin-left: 30px;
padding-left: 5px;
padding-right: 20px;
font-size: 14px;
font-family: Georgia;
color: #2d1d0d;
text-align: left;] test text here

[/div]

Thank you for reading!

I think that you can have a conversation with just yourself, though I have never tried it.
A large number of people use this test area to make a thread and mess with their codes in and you are welcome to make a thread: THE TEST CHAMBERS

Erm, as for div help, I'm not a fancy div wizard and someone will probably know better than me but I think if I understand what you're asking about, setting a minimum height and hiding overflow might be what you're after? @FieryCold probably knows better than I on this.

Reactions: Antares
I think that you can have a conversation with just yourself, though I have never tried it.
A large number of people use this test area to make a thread and mess with their codes in and you are welcome to make a thread: THE TEST CHAMBERS

Erm, as for div help, I'm not a fancy div wizard and someone will probably know better than me but I think if I understand what you're asking about, setting a minimum height and hiding overflow might be what you're after? @FieryCold probably knows better than I on this.
Hmmm, when I tried, it said I needed to add a valid person. I do have a thread in the testing spot, and the div layout works, but when it's being used in a conversation is when it gets strange.

Hmmm, when I tried, it said I needed to add a valid person. I do have a thread in the testing spot, and the div layout works, but when it's being used in a conversation is when it gets strange.
I just gave it a try and you're right, sorry about that.
I was also wondering if it might work if you had a conversation and then kicked the other participant but that closes the message so I suppose the system is quite against a solo conversation.

I am not sure what would be causing the PMs to behave differently than the threads :/

I just gave it a try and you're right, sorry about that.
I was also wondering if it might work if you had a conversation and then kicked the other participant but that closes the message so I suppose the system is quite against a solo conversation.

I am not sure what would be causing the PMs to behave differently than the threads :/
No problem! No need for a sorry, and yeah, it's strange. I wonder if the maximum width of PMs is smaller than the regular forums...

Honestly, with your reasons stated, I would just create a thread in The Test Chambers forum, like Kitti said.

However, if you REALLY want to start a conversation with just you in it, what we can do is I'll start a conversation with me and you, and I'll leave the conversation permanently, thus technically leaving you alone in your own conversation!!!

Honestly, with your reasons stated, I would just create a thread in The Test Chambers forum, like Kitti said.

However, if you REALLY want to start a conversation with just you in it, what we can do is I'll start a conversation with me and you, and I'll leave the conversation permanently, thus technically leaving you alone in your own conversation!!!
I do have one, it's just the situation involving like, trying to make the div layout look okay in the conversation spot. And sure, if it works, I'd appreciate that! (Even if it didn't I still appreciate it.)

I think I may have figured it out? So the conversation width vs the conversation width is different, Width for the forums (at least on a not-mobile device) is about 1200 px wide, however, (and this depends I believe on the width of your avatar, too,) Conversations required me to shrink it quite a bit- to 400px roughly.
So now it looks like this when posted in a conversation:
YTGJZKg.png

So conversations width is smaller due to the two bars on each side (Your Account, etc.) and (Conversation and etc.)

Reactions: Kitti
Status
Not open for further replies.